The JCECE 2021 exam pattern will differ based on the group chosen by a candidate. JEECE Exam Pattern is different for PCMB, PCB, and PCM groups. JCECE syllabus for the test will be the common syllabus of CBSE Class XII. The notification for the JCECE 2021 by the Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board will have details regarding exam pattern and syllabus.
Candidates can check the details with the release of notification around the last week of April 2021. The date of the examination will be tentatively in the last week of May 2021. Candidates can prepare for the JCECE 2021 by referring to the Class XII textbooks of CBSE and even they can refer to the past question papers of the Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination.
JCECE 2021 – Important Dates
Here are some tentative dates for candidates to remember after the submission of the application:
|JCECE Description||Tentative Dates|
|Availability of Admit Cards||Third Week of May 2021|
|Date of JCECE Entrance Test||Fourth Week of May 2021|
|Result Declaration||June 2021 Second Week|
JCECE stands for Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination and this test is conducted as an objective type test for admission to different courses. The courses for which admission is done based on this score include the following:
1.B.V. Sc. & AH
2. B. Sc (Hons.) in
3. B. Tech in
- Agriculture Engineering
- Dairy Technology
4. Bachelor of Fisheries Science
JCECE Exam Pattern 2021
- For all three groups, the JCECE 2021 will be conducted as an objective type test.
- For all groups, each question will have four options from which the test-takers will have to choose one correct option.
- Each correct answer will bring one mark to the candidates and for every wrong answer, there will be a negative marking of 1/4th. If a question does not have an option from the candidates, there will not be any deduction.
- If a candidate has marked more than one option for a question, it will be considered wrong and 1/4th mark will be deducted for that particular question.
- The question paper will have questions in English and Hindi. In the case of any mismatch between these two languages for any question, the one in English will be considered as correct.
- For the Biology paper, the test duration will be one hour, for the physics & chemistry paper, the timing will be two hours and for the mathematics paper, the test duration will be one hour.
Here is a table to show the detailed view of the pattern of JCECE 2021 for each group:
|Group||Subjects||No. of Questions||Total Questions||Marks||Time|
|PCB||Physics, Chemistry, & Biology||50 each for PCB||150||150||3 hrs|
|PCM||Physics, Chemistry, & Mathematics||50 each for PCM||150||150||3 hrs|
|PCMB||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & Biology||50 each for PCMB||200||200||4 hrs|
The test for all three groups will be conducted in a single day. For the PCMB Group, the timing for the test will be from 9 am to 1.30 pm, for the PCB Group, the timing will be from 9 am to 12.15 pm, while for the PCM Group test-takers, the timing will be from 10.15 am to 1.30 pm. The test will be conducted at examination centers in Ranchi.
JCECE Syllabus 2021
As mentioned earlier, the syllabus for JCECE 2021 will be based on the Class XII syllabus of CBSE. So, candidates can visit the website of CBSE for a detailed JEECE syllabus. However, here are some important units for each subject
- Communication Systems
- Electronic Devices
- Atom & Nuclei
- Dual Nature of Matter
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating current
- Magnetic Effect of Current & Magnetism
- Current Electricity
- Solid State
- Surface Chemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
- General Processes and Principles of Isolation of Elements
- “D” and “F” Block Elements
- “P”- Block Elements
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Coordination Compounds
- Aldehydes, Carboxylic Acid and Ketones
- Alcohols, Ethers and Phenols
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Relations & Functions
- Linear Programming
- Three-Dimensional Geometry and Vectors
- Ecology & Environment
- Human Physiology
- Plant Physiology
JCECE Exam Date
It is expected that JCECE 2021 will be conducted tentatively in the last week of May. JCECE 2021 exam will be conducted on the 28th of May 2021.
JCECE 2021 Selection Process
For the candidates appearing in JCECE 2021, the board will prepare a combined and also the category-wise merit list. The board will prepare these lists on the basis of the marks obtained by the applicants in the written test for the allotment of seats. In case, two or more candidates secure the same marks in the written test, the tie-breaking will happen based on the following criteria:
For B.V. Sc & A.H and for B.F. Sc
- First preference will be given to the candidate, who has obtained a higher mark in biology
- If the tie persists, the candidate with a higher mark in chemistry will be given a better rank
- In the case of a tie even after this, the older candidate will be given the higher rank
- Finally, as per the English alphabetic order, the first name will be considered for the ranking.
For Other Courses
- First preference for ranking will be given to candidates with higher marks in physics
- Secondly, chemistry marks will be considered
- Thirdly, candidates with higher age will be considered
- Finally, the first name of candidates based on the English alphabetic order will be considered.
Reservation on a caste basis and reservation for physically challenged candidates is applicable as per government rules during the selection process.
Q. Can I Get Admission To BDS/MBBS Courses Through The JCECE Score?
A. No, you cannot apply to these two professional courses based on JCECE. You will have to take the national-level NEET Exam.
Q. Can Candidates From Other States Apply To This Test?
A. No, you should be residing in Jharkhand or you should be a local candidate to apply for this test.
Leave a Reply