JTET 2021 [Exam Date, Syllabus, Pattern] : Jharkhand Teacher Eligibility Test notification 2021 will be released in the last week of August 2021. JTET apply online process will start from Sep 2021 and the last date of registration is October 2021. JTET exam is scheduled to be conducted in November 2021 by the Jharkhand Academic Council.
JTET exam is essential for determining entry into Elementary or Primary (Standard 1st to 5th) and Secondary (Standard 6th to 8th) level as a teacher in such schools. Jharkhand Teacher Eligibility Test got recognition by the Department of School Education, Jharkhand, hence witnesses lakhs of applicants every year.
According to a recent update in the pattern of the Jharkhand TET, it has been made applicable for entry as teachers in private schools as well. Moreover, the Center via the Ministry of Human Resources Development has recommended the examination for implementation in all states. The Center believes that it has a direct effect on the education level of the country.
Important Dates & Tentative Timeline
JTET Notification and the application forms for Jharkhand TET 2021 will be released in August 2021. Based upon the schedule the examination has been following over the years, here we produce a tentative timeline which the examination might be following. Here, check all the important dates relating to Jharkhand TET 2021.
|Date of release of JTET Notification||Last week of August, 2021|
|Application Form Date ( starting from)||First week of September, 2021|
|Deadline for submission of Application Form||Up to First week of October, 2021|
|Release of Admit Card||Second Week of November, 2021|
|Tentative Date of conduction of JTET||Third Week of November, 2021|
|Release of Answer Key relating to JTET||Fourth Week of November, 2021|
|Declaration of Results for JTET||First Week of December, 2021|
This is only a tentative timeline. More or less, the dates will revolve around the given timeline.
JTET Notification 2021
The Notification for Jharkhand TET 2021 will be released in August 2021. The notification will be accessible on the official website of Jharkhand Academic Council (link provided herein: www.jac.nic.in )
JTET Eligibility Criteria
Jharkhand TET 2021 eligibility criteria is as given below. The general overreaching eligibility criteria are as follows:
- The applicant must be a citizen of India
- The minimum age for appearing for Jharkhand TET is 21 years and a maximum of 35 years. However, there is age relaxation for the reserved category; this has been provided by Government rules and regulations.
The Educational Qualification for the Primary Level and the Secondary Level are different and has been separately provided below:
Educational Qualifications for Primary Level Entrants (Standard 1st to 5th)
- At the level of Senior Secondary (10+2), the candidates must have obtained at least 45% marks in any qualifying examination. Any equivalent exam shall also be considered valid if a minimum of 45% has been obtained by the applicant.
- At the level of graduation (Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Sciences, and Bachelor of Education), the candidate must have obtained at least 50% marks in any qualifying exam. Any equivalent exam shall also be considered valid if a minimum of 50% has been obtained by the applicant.
- If the applicant is appearing for the diploma course of Elementary Education are eligible to apply for JTET, 2021.
Educational Qualifications for Secondary Level Entrants (Standard 6th to 8th)
- In order to be eligible for an entrant into the Secondary Level as a teacher and application to JTET 2021, the candidate must have a degree of Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) or currently in the final year of a 2 year diploma. The minimum marks at the graduate level in any qualifying examination should be at least 45%, for being eligible to apply for Jharkhand TET 2021
- The entrant in the Secondary Level can also have qualified a B.Ed degree with at least 50% marks or is a final year student in Bachelors in Elementary Education (4 years course)
JTET Application Form 2021
After the release of the JTET notification in the last week of August 2021, the JTET application form should tentatively be released by the first week of September (2021).
- The first step to filling the application form is to carefully read each and every point in the instructions and then prepare oneself with all information and documents required.
- The applicants are to fill in the application form for JTET 2021 online, accessible via the official website of Jharkhand Academic Council. Please note that the forms for the said examination are not available offline or through any other means but online.
- The Application form for JTET 2021 requires the personal information and academic background of the applicant. Moreover, the application also has a section for uploading documents, supporting the entries in the application.
- In case the applicant is belonging from a reserved category (SC/ST/OBC/ Physically Handicapped), they should possess and upload the documents supporting their status or reservation.
Here is a step-by-step guide to filling up the online application form for Jharkhand TET 2021.
- Once the application forms are released, you can find the application form of Jharkhand TET 2021 on the official website of Jharkhand Academic Council.
- Once you open the application form, you will be required to fill in all the personal and educational details in the form given, as asked for. Be prepared beforehand and keep all the information in one place so that it is easy to fill in.
- The form will also require you to upload the scanned photograph and signature. It might also ask for uploading of certain documents supporting the claims in the application form. Therefore, keep a scanned soft-copy of all the aforementioned documents beforehand.
- Payment of the required fee is an essential step in order to complete the registration process. Post-filling the application form, you can make the online payment through a gateway using your Debit Card, Credit Card, UPI, or Net Banking. Keep a receipt of the online payment made for future references.
- Don’t forget to take a print-out of the application form and keep it safe for future reference. The application details will come in handy while you download your admit card.
JTET Application Fee
As the application form, the fees for completing the registration for JTET 2021 are also to be done via an online payment gateway using Debit Card, Credit Card, UPI, or Net Banking. The application fees for the general category and reserved category are different. Moreover, it is lesser for either of the two papers and it is a combined fee for both Paper One and Two. Here is the application fee that shall be charged in order to complete the registration process for JTET 2021:
|Paper||Reserved Category||General Category|
|For both Paper I and II||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 1000/-|
|For either Paper I or II||Rs. 250/-||Rs. 500/-|
JTET Exam Pattern and Detailed Syllabus
Applicants shall carefully study the exam pattern and syllabus which is prescribed for the Jharkhand TET 2021. A sense of the exam pattern and syllabus will allow the applicants to have a better preparation strategy as it will allow a sneak peek into the topics that might appear in the question paper. The syllabus for both Primary Level (Standard 1st to 5th) and Secondary Level (6th to 8th) are different from each other. Jharkhand Academic Council, as the conducting authority of the Jharkhand Teacher Eligibility Test, 2021 conducts the exam in two levels:
- Level One- For entry as a teacher in Primary Level (Standard 1st to 5th)
- Level Two- For entry as a teacher in Secondary Level (Standard 6th to 8th)
|Subjects at Level One for Primary Level||Subjects for Level Two for Secondary Level|
|All subjects carry 30 marks, with 30 questions of one mark each|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||Child Development and Pedagogy|
|Mathematics||Mathematics or Science (Optional)|
|Environmental Science||Social Science (Optional)|
The Detailed Syllabus subject-wise has been provided herein:
|Child Development and Pedagogy||Understanding diverse learners|
|Teaching learning process|
|Meaning and purposes of Assessment|
|Right to Education Act 2009|
|Theories of learning and its implication|
|Motivation and Implications for Learning|
|The Role of Heredity and environment|
|How Children learn and think|
|Teaching Learning Materials|
|Comprehensive & Continuous Evaluation|
|Factors Affecting Learning|
|Unseen Prose Passage|
|Principles of Teaching English|
|Unseen Prose Passage|
|Language-I||Development of Language Skills, Teaching Learning Materials|
|Meaning and Concept of learning and its processes|
|Language- II||Modal Auxiliaries, Phrasal Verbs and Idioms, Literary Terms|
|Unseen Prose Passage|
|Basic knowledge of English Sounds and their Phonetic Transcription|
|Principles of Teaching English, Communicative Approach to English Language Teaching, Challenges of Teaching English|
|Shapes & Spatial Understanding|
|Addition and Subtraction|
|LCM & HCF|
|Environmental Studies||Water and other Natural Resources|
|Living and nonliving|
|Parts of plants|
|Festivals (school, family & national)|
|Health, good habits & personal hygiene|
|Days and Nights|
|Transportation, communication and its development|
|Looking at the trees, plants & animals|
|Food, resources and care|
|Weather & climate|
|Parts of Body (internal & external)|
|Disposal of solid waste|
|Geographical features and changes|
|Local Bodies (Rural & Urban)|
|Clothes dresses & their care|
|For Secondary Level (Standard 6th to 8th)|
|Mathematics||Compound Interest Discount|
|Knowing our Numbers|
|Profit & Loss|
|Negative Numbers and Integers|
|Square root & Cube root|
|Fractions Exponents; surds, squares, cube, square root|
|Introduction to Algebra; Algebraic identities, polynomials|
|Constructions (using Straight edge Scale, protractor, compasses)|
|Understanding Elementary Shapes (2-D and 3-D)|
|Playing with Numbers|
|Ratio and Proportion|
|Basic geometrical ideas (2-D)|
|Data handling, statistics|
|Mensuration; circle, sphere, cone, cylinder, triangles|
|Science||The Structure of Atom|
|Electric current and circuits|
|Sources of energy|
|Metals & Nonmetals|
|The World of the Living organisms, microorganism and diseases|
|Materials of daily use|
|Work & Energy|
|Magnets & magnetism|
|Sources of food|
|Components of food|
|Change of matter|
|Moving Things People and Ideas|
|Food; production & management.|
|Acids, base, salt|
|Effect of population growth & human activities in the environment|
|Environmental concerns [Local & National]|
The First Cities
Contacts with Distant lands
Culture and Science
|Sultans of Delhi|
|India After Independence|
|Creation of an Empire|
|The Early States|
|The First Empire|
|New Kings and Kingdoms|
|Women and reform|
|The Establishment of Company Power|
|The Earliest Societies|
|The Revolt of 1857-58|
|Rural Life and Society|
|Challenging the Caste System|
|The Nationalist Movement|
|Colonialism and Tribal Societies|
|The First Farmers and Herders|
|The environment in its totality: natural and human environment|
|Geography as a social study and as a science.|
|Human Environment: settlement, transport and communication|
|Resources: Types- Natural and Human|
|Planet: Earth in the solar system|
|Social and Political Life (Civics):|
|Making a Living|
|Social Justice and the Marginalised|
JTET Selection Process
The Selection Process in Jharkhand TET 2021 is done solely on the basis of the performance of the candidate in the said examination as conducted by the Jharkhand Academic Council. Based on the overall performance of all the applicants, there is a cut-off determined and thus the students scoring at least the given cut-off will be shortlisted for the Interview. Following the shortlisting, there will be a personal interview, which will be the final stage of determining the entry of the candidate as a teacher either in the elementary or secondary level.
JTET Admit Card
A week before the conduction of the examination, the Jharkhand Academic Council release JTET 2021 admit card for the applicants. It contains the personal details, roll number, test date, test center, and other details. One should download the admit card once available and take a print-out of it, as it needs to be produced at the test center when asked for.
- To access the admit-card, visit the official website of Jharkhand Academic Council
- Once the admit card is released, the link will be made available on the website.
- Clicking on the link will lead you to a portal from where you can access your admit card by entering your application number.
- Download a PDF of your admit card and save the soft copy as well as take a print-out.
JTET Cut Off Marks
The cut-off marks for JTET 2021 is at least 60% of the said examination as the nature of the examination is qualifying. More details about the cut-off will be released on the official website of the Jharkhand Academic Council.
JTET Result 2021
The results for Jharkhand TET 2021 will be released on the official website of the Jharkhand Academic Council. A PDF is released with the marks and ranks of all the applicants. In the PDF you require to locate your entry using your roll number (mentioned in the Admit Card), verify the corresponding details (Name, Category, etc.)
JTET Exam FAQs
Q. When will JTET 2021 notification will be released?
A. JTET 2021 notification will be released in the last week of August 2021.
Q. What is the application fee for Jharkhand TET?
A. For reserved category candidates, for either Paper I and 2, the fee will be Rs. 250/- and for both papers, the fee will be 500/-. For General category candidates, for either Paper I and 2, the fee will be Rs. 5o0/- and for both papers, the fee will be 1000/-.
Q. When will JTET 2021 exam will be conducted?
A. 3rd week of November 2021.