NMAT 2019 Online Registration : NMIMS stands for Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies. The institute as the name implies offers management courses. Admission to these courses is done by the Institute based on the merit secured by the applicants in the NMAT by GMAC. NMAT by GMAC is a test that is conducted via a computer. The Graduate Management Global Connection (India) Private Limited owns the test. This company is shortly called as GMGC. It is a subsidiary of the Graduate Management Admission Council, which is the full-form of GMAC.
Courses For Which NMIMS Admits Students Through NMAT
The institute has branches in different parts of India like Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Navi Mumbai and Indore. Admission to different management courses offered branches are done through NMAT by GMAC. Here is the list of courses:
MBA – Two Year Full-time course with specialization in
- Information Systems
- Operations & Decisions Sciences
- MBA in Human Resource
- MBA in Analytics and Decision Science
- MBA in Pharmaceutical Management
- PGDM at Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Navi Mumbai and Indore Campuses.
NMAT 2019 Important Dates
For the management courses starting at 2019 and ending in 2021, the registration process has started from the 3rd of July 2018 and it ends in the month of October. So, registration is still open. So, candidates interested in applying can grab the opportunity. Here are the important dates to remember for those applying to NMAT Test:
|Registration to NMAT||3rd July 2018||3rd October 2018|
|Scheduling||3rd July 2018||16th October 2018|
|Late Registration||4th October 2018||14th October 2018|
|Registration – Retake||5th October 2018||14th December 2018|
|Re-Scheduling||3rd July 2018||14th December 2018|
|Re-take Scheduling||5th October 2018||14th December 2018|
|Exam Delivery||4th October 2018||17th December 2018|
|Final Announcement of Results||3rd week of January 2019|
|Last date for official scorecard download||31st March 2019|
Read : MAT 2019
NMAT 2019 Notification
Once the registration begins, candidates will find a link that shows register now in the official website of NMAT. As the registration process is now going on for the academic session 2019-2021, candidates will find “register now” link active in the top right corner in the official website of NMAT by GMAC.
NMAT 2019 Eligibility
Not just NMIMS, but many other management schools in India accept NMAT by GMAC score for admission to the management courses. So, candidates will have to check the eligibility requirement stated by the appropriate institution before applying. However, to take up NMAT, applicants must have completed their graduation in any discipline. Here are the eligibility requirements as stated by NMIMS for different courses:
- MBA All Branches except Pharmaceutical Management: UG degree in any discipline from a recognized university with at least 50% of marks in aggregate.
- MBA in Pharmaceutical Management: UG in pharmacy, medical technology, life sciences, B. SC/M. Sc in Biotechnology, BAMS, BHMS, BDS and MBBS from a recognized university. It is essential that applicants must have secured at least 50% of marks in aggregate. Even, candidates with a PG qualification in sociology, psychology and economics can apply.
- PGDM (All Campuses): UG in any discipline with at least 50% of aggregate marks from a recognized university.
For detailed eligibility requirement, candidates can visit the official website of NMIMS
Application Procedure : NMAT 2019 Apply Online
Before a candidate can schedule the exam date within the window of 75 days, they will have to register and pay the required fee for NMAT by GMAC. The convening authority provides the opportunity for test takers to take up the test for utmost three times during the 75-day testing window period. The purpose of this option is to assess the best performance of the test takers. In addition to applying to NMAT, candidates will also have to apply to the NMIMS separately.
How To Apply?
- Candidates will have to first create an account on the official website of NMAT
- They should do the same using a valid Email Address
- They should provide complete contact details, work experience and education details. Also, they should submit the list of programmes to send scores along with the ID that they will be carrying to the test center. Further, in the application, they should indicate their interest in taking part in the search service and should agree to the terms and conditions
- Candidates are recommended to make sure that their name and DOB on the registration form matches perfectly with the details in their signature and Photo Identity
- Candidates will also have to select the schools to which they expect their NMAT scores to be sent by the convening authority. If they are interested to submit the same to institutes other than NMIMS, they should choose this institute and other institutes of interest
- They can specify the B-Schools under the “Schools Preference” Section. Candidates have the option to choose 5 programs. If they are interested in applying to more than 5, they will have to pay an additional fee of INR 200 plus applicable taxes for each additional course
- They should upload their photograph. Also, they should include the same photograph on the admit card that they take to the examination center
For the detailed procedure about retakes and reschedules, candidates can visit here.
NMAT 2019 Exam Pattern
The NMAT by GMAC constitutes three sections with individual time allocation for each section. It is compulsory that the test takers will have to attempt the section within the allocated section time. Once a candidate completes one section or once the time allotted for the particular section is over, he/she cannot return back to the section. Here is the format:
|S. No.||Section||No. of Questions||Allotted Time (in Minutes)|
Candidates should also remember that the balance time in one section will not be carried forward to another. Candidates can review each section within the allotted time. They will see a review screen if they complete a section well before the allotted time.
Read : MAT 2019 Application Form
NMAT 2019 Selection Process
In general, the selection process for the course is decided by the appropriate universities or institutions. As we are talking about NMIMS, here the admission process followed by the institute:
Once the results of the NMAT by GMAC are out on the website of the NMAT, the shortlisting of candidates for the next rounds conducted by NMIMS will happen. The next rounds are Case Discussion (CD) and Personal Interview (PI) respectively. This shortlisting will be done by the Institution based on the latest preference of the course. The institute will declare the same on the official website.
Shortlisted candidates will have to download the call letter from this website. They are recommended to bring the call letter for the CD/PI Process. Candidates will not get any separate call letters to their mail. The final list of selected candidates will be prepared based on the application data with respect to educational marks obtained in the qualifying examination, work experience and marks obtained in NMAT. Also, the marks secured in CD and PI will be considered for the final selection.
NMAT 2019 Syllabus
Candidates can get complete details about the syllabus by shopping for the NMAT by GMAC official Guide and NMAT by GMAC official Prep from the official website of NMAT.
NMAT Admit Card 2019
Candidates can download the admit card from the dashboard on logging in at the website of NMAT. They can download the same only after the payment of the registration fee. It will contain details about the registration and photograph of the applicant.
NMAT 2019 Results
Candidates can find the results on the NMAT website 4-5 weeks after they take the test. They will get equated results to bring about fairness and equality and will keep test takers informed in a timely manner. The convening authority will calculate the percentile scores after all the test takers take their exams for 2019-2021 admission period.