MAT 2019 Registration –
Management Aptitude Test Popularly called MAT is one among the standard tests conducted for admission to the Master of Business Administration and allied courses. The test is being conducted from the year 1988 to help B-Schools to screen candidates, such that they can admit only competent students.
Even though the test is being conducted from the year 1988, it gained the approval from the Ministry of Human Resource Development as the national level test only in the year 2003. Any B-School irrespective of whether it is national level or international level school can consider MAT score for admission of students to the management programme. More than 600 B-Schools across the country admit students to the management courses based on their merit in MAT.
MAT 2019 Important Dates
Every year, MAT is conducted for four times: Once in the month of February, again in the month of May, the third time in the month of September and finally in the month of December.
Students have the option to take MAT either as a paper-based test or as a computer-based test. MAT in ‘Pen & Paper’ mode is generally conducted on the first Sunday of the months of February, May, September and December every year between 10 am and 12.30 hours. On the other hand, the MAT in online mode [computer-based test] is conducted from the following Sunday in varied time slots. MAT exam details are given in the table to show the tentative dates for September 2018 MAT examination.
|MAT 2019 Exam Session||September 2018|
|MAT 2019 Last Date for Online Registration||For PBT Phase 1 - August 27, 2018 (Monday)|
For CBT & PBT Phase 2- September 08, 2018 (Saturday)
|Availability of admit cards for MAT Sept 2019 PBT Phase 1||August 25, 2018 (1600 Hrs)|
|Date of Pen and Paper-based Sept MAT 2019 test (Phase 1)||September 02, 2018 (Sunday) from 1000 to 1230 Hrs|
|Availability of admit cards for MAT Sept 2019 PBT Phase 2 & CBT||September 11, 2018 (1600 Hrs)|
|Date of Sept MAT 2019 PBT Phase 2 & CBT||September 15, 2018 (Sunday)|
|MAT 2019 Results||Last week of February 2019|
MAT 2019 Notification
Once the registration begins, students will find the links to the appropriate page at the official website of AIMA or All India Management Association that conducts the MAT Test every year. Find complete information on September 2018 MAT examination here.
MAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The least eligibility requirement to be met by the applicants to apply for MAT is that they should be graduates in any discipline. It is important that the graduation must have been obtained from a recognized university.
Candidates in the final year of their UG course are also eligible to apply provisionally. In general, there is no minimum mark requirement in the degree course to participate in MAT. However, Management Institutes admitting students based on MAT score will have this requirement. So, candidates are recommended to check the university in this respect.
MAT 2019 Age Limit
There is no age bar to take up MAT Test. Also, as against some management entrance tests, students need not have any experience to take up MAT test.
MAT 2019 Application Form
Candidates will have to register at the official website of MAT for the specific exam for which they apply. For instance, if they plan to apply for MAT September 2019, AIMA will have a separate link for the same.
How To Apply For September 2018 MAT examination?
The application process involves few steps and candidates will have to apply only through the official website of AIMA by clicking on the appropriate link for September 2018 MAT examination. Here is the list of steps
- The first step is to register with the website of AIMA. They should have a valid Email ID to apply online as they will get OTP to their email.
- Once registered, candidates can use the login credentials they get on registration to login to fill up the online application form.
- The third step is filling up the online application and choice of Management Institution will also have to be made by applicants in this stage.
- The fourth step in the process is to upload the photograph and signature. The photograph size should not be more than 100 KB and should not be less than 40 KB. The signature should not be more than 40 KB and not less than 10 KB.
- The next step is the payment of application fee. The application fee is Rs.1550. The application fee can be paid using net banking, credit card or debit card.
- The next step in the process is to download the registration form.
- After downloading and reviewing the registration form, candidates can edit a few details if required.
Read : MAT 2019 Registration
List Of Documents Needed
When registering candidates should have the following documents ready”
- Educational qualification details
- Personal details
- Net banking/debit/credit card details
- Images of scanned signature and photograph
- Valid Email ID and it should be kept active for at least for one year.
MAT Exam Pattern 2019
MAT is a multiple choice test and the purpose of the test is to test the general aptitude of the test takers. Here is the table showing the pattern of the test:
|Section Number||Section||No. of Questions||Time in minutes|
|3.||Data Analysis & Sufficiency||40||35|
|4.||Intelligence & Critical Reasoning||40||30|
|5.||Indian and Global Environment||40||15|
MAT Selection Process 2019
The selection process for the management course differs from one institution to another. When some institutes rely only on MAT score, some conduct Group Discussion and Personal Interview. Candidates have the option to take both computer and paper-based test. To do this, they will have to pay Rs.1100 extra apart from Rs.1550.
The benefit of opting for those tests is that the candidate will get the opportunity to select additional two management institutions to send their MAT Scores. This facility is in addition to the existing option of selection of 5 management institutions. It means that they can select 7 management institutions in total.
MAT 2019 Syllabus
Here is the list of topics covered under each section of MAT
- One word substitution
- Sentence correction
- Foreign language words used in English
- Jumbled paragraphs
- Sentence completion
- Different usage of the same word
- Contextual usage
- Fill In the Blanks
- Verbal Reasoning
- HCF, LCM
- Clocks- Calendars
- Height & Distance
- Time Speed & Distance
- Allegation & Mixture
- Profit & loss
- Number System
- Time & Work
- P&C Probability
- Simple-Compound Interest
Data Analysis & Sufficiency
- Bar Charts
- Data Comparison
- Pie Chart
- Multiple Graph
- Data Table
- Line Graph
- Data Caselette
- Data Sufficiency
Intelligence & Critical Reasoning
- Graphs representing Area
- Column graphs
- Statement Conclusions
- Coding & Decoding
- Critical Reasoning
- Blood Relations
- Pie Chart
- Numeric grid
- Visual reasoning
- Course of Action
- Multi-dimensional arrangements
- Strong Arguments and Weak Arguments
- Family tree
Indian and Global Environment
- Major Corporate news
- Social issues
- Important Quotations
- International Organisation
- The punch line of companies
- Books and Authors
- Famous awards and Prizes
- Top officials of big companies
- World Records
- Current affairs
MAT 2019 Admit Cards
- Admit cards for September 2018 MAT PBT will be available to download from August 25, 2018 (1600 Hrs)
- Admit cards for September 2018 MAT CBT will be available to download from September 11, 2018 (1600 Hrs)
Candidates will have to download the admit card. Candidates, who wish to take up test in both forms will have to download the admit card as per the schedule given in notification. Candidates taking up paper-based test will not get admit card by post.
In general, the admit cards will be made available 7 days before the date of paper-based test. Candidates can download the admit card by:
- Visiting the official website of September 2018 MAT
- They will find a link that shows admit cards
- They will have to click on the link
- They will be prompted to enter application number
- On entering, they can download the admit card
It will have the name, roll number, test date, time and venue address for the paper-based test. For the computer-based test, the admit card will have name, roll number and test center code along with form number. For computer-based test, candidates will have to strictly follow the time specified in the admit card.
MAT 2019 Results
Candidates can expect the results to be out on or after 21st September 2018. Once the results are out, candidates can download their scorecard from the AIMA website. They should provide the roll number and registration number to get the results.
- Open AIMA website and click on student’s corner or click here to open
- Find Result/Scorecard box and select MAT September 2019 result
- A new page will be opened showing enter roll number and registration number
- Enter both roll number and registration number and submit to check the result