MAT 2020 Registration : Management Aptitude Test Popularly called MAT is a standardized test conducted for admission to the Master of Business Administration and allied courses. MAT exam is conducted 4 times a year – February, May, September, and December and held in 3 modes, Paper-Based Test (PBT), Computer-Based Test (CBT), Internet-Based Test (IBT).
- All India Management Association (AIMA) conduct MAT exam in over 50+ test cities.
- MAT exam is being conducted from the year 1988 to help B-Schools to screen candidates for admission to MBA courses.
- It gained approval from the Ministry of Human Resource Development as a national level test in the year 2003.
Any B-School irrespective of whether it is a national level or international level school can consider MAT score for admission of students to the management programme. More than 600 B-Schools across the country admit students to the management courses based on their merit in MAT.
MAT 2020 Important Dates
Every year, MAT is conducted four times – February, May, September, and December. Students have the option to take MAT either as a paper-based test, or a computer-based test or Remote Proctored Internet-based test.
MAT exam details are given in the table to show the tentative dates for MAT examination.
|MAT Exam Session||-||Feb 2021||May 2020||September 2020||Dec 2020|
|MAT Last Date of Registration||PBT||Feb 2021||7 Jun 2020||29 Aug 2020||Dec 2020|
|CBT||15 Jun 2020|
|MAT Admit cards||PBT||Feb 2021||9 Jun 2020||Sep 2020||Dec 2020|
|CBT||17 Jun 2020|
|IBT||21 May 2020|
|MAT Exam Date||PBT||Feb 2021||14 Jun 2020||Sep 2020||Dec 2020|
|CBT||21 Jun 2020|
|IBT||25 May - 25 Jun 2020|
|MAT Result||-||Feb 2021||June 2020||26 Sep 2020||Dec 2020|
MAT 2020 Notification
Once the registration begins, students will find the links to the appropriate page at the official website of AIMA or All India Management Association that conducts the MAT Test every year. Find complete information on September 2020 MAT examination by clicking below.
- MAT in ‘Pen & Paper’ mode is generally conducted on the first Sunday of the months of February, May, September and December every year between 10 am and 12.30 hours.
- On the other hand, the MAT in the computer-based test is conducted from the following Sunday in varied time slots.
- MAT IBT is conducted on the given dates and time slots for a month from the preferred location of a candidate by monitoring computer screen, video, and audio through remote-controlled proctor.
MAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The least eligibility requirement to be met by the applicants to apply for MAT is that they should be graduates in any discipline. It is important that the graduation must have been obtained from a recognized university.
Candidates in the final year of their UG course are also eligible to apply provisionally. In general, there is no minimum mark required in the degree course to participate in MAT. However, Management Institutes admitting students based on MAT scores will have this requirement. So, candidates are recommended to check the Management Institutes in this respect.
MAT 2020 Age Limit
There is no age bar to take up the MAT Test. Also, as against some management entrance tests, students need not have any experience to take up the MAT test.
MAT 2020 Application Form
Candidates will have to register at the official website of MAT for the session for which they apply. For instance, if they plan to apply for MAT September 2020, AIMA will have a separate link for the same.
How To Apply For MAT Examination?
Candidates will have to apply only through the official website of AIMA by clicking on the appropriate link for MAT examination. The application process involves a few steps as mentioned below.
Step 1: Create a Login ID
- Visit the website of AIMA @https://mat.aima.in/
- Click on Online Registration
- Click on Register/ Fresh Candidate to Create Login
- Enter Name of the candidate, DOB, Email, Password
- Select State/UT
- Click on the checkbox
- Click on Submit
- They should have a valid Email ID to apply online as they will get OTP to their email and mobile number to verify.
- Once registered, candidates can use the login credentials they get on registration to login to fill up the online application form.
Step 2: Login & Fill MAT Application Form
The second step is filling up the online application and the choice of Management Institution will also have to be made by applicants in this stage.
- Select the test-taking option (PBT, CBT, IBT)
- Test center – Select 2 choices
- Enter/Select Personal Particulars – Address, Father’s & Mother’s Name, Gender, Nationality, Category, PWD, Photo ID to be presented at center
- Enter Qualification & Experience details
- Check the fee
- Click on ‘Submit’
Step 3: Upload Photograph & Signature
The third step in the process is to upload the photograph and signature. The photograph size should not be more than 100 KB and should not be less than 40 KB. The signature should not be more than 40 KB and not less than 10 KB.
- Click on choose file to upload Photo & Signature
- Click on ‘Submit’
Step 4: Make Payment
The next step is the payment of the application fee. The application fee is Rs.1550. The application fee can be paid using net banking, credit card, or debit card.
- Click on Process payment
- Make the payment
Step 5: View Registration Summary & Download Registration Form
- The next step in the process is to download the registration form.
- After downloading and reviewing the registration form, candidates can edit a few details if required.
Read : MAT 2020 Registration
List of Documents Needed
When registering candidates should have the following documents ready”
- Educational qualification details
- Personal details
- Net banking/debit/credit card details
- Images of scanned signature and photograph
- Valid Email ID and it should be kept active for at least one year.
MAT Exam Pattern 2020
MAT is a multiple-choice test and the purpose of the test is to test the general aptitude of the test takers. Here is the table showing the pattern of the test:
|Section Number||Section||No. of Questions||Time in minutes|
|3.||Data Analysis & Sufficiency||40||35|
|4.||Intelligence & Critical Reasoning||40||30|
|5.||Indian and Global Environment||40||15|
- MAT questions paper has 5 sections – Language Comprehension, Mathematical Skills, Data Analysis & Sufficiency, Intelligence & Critical Reasoning, and Indian and Global Environment.
- Each section has 40 questions and here will be 200 objective type questions in the MCQ format.
- Each correct answer is awarded +1 mark and the wrong answer has a penalty of -0.25 Mark.
- Merit will be taken from 4 sections only and Indian and Global Environment will not be considered for merit and will be shown separately.
- The time duration of the exam is 2:30 hrs.
- MAT Score is displayed in a scaled score out of 800 but not a raw score of 160 or 200.
- MAT overall and sectional scaled score along with overall and sectional percentile will be displayed in the scorecard.
MAT Selection Process 2020
- MAT Result will be announced by evaluating the answers by the candidates in the form of scorecard that contain scaled score, percentile overall, and section-wise.
- The selection process for the management course differs from one institution to another. Some institutes rely only on MAT score, some conduct Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- Candidates need to apply to the individual institutes for admission based on MAT score.
- Candidates have the option to take both computer and paper-based tests. To do this, they will have to pay Rs.1100 extra apart from Rs.1550.
- The benefit of opting for those tests is that the candidate will get the opportunity to select an additional two management institutions to send their MAT Scores.
- This facility is in addition to the existing option of selection of 5 management institutions. It means that they can select 7 management institutions in total.
MAT 2020 Syllabus
Here is the list of topics covered under each section of MAT Syllabus 2020.
- One word substitution
- Sentence correction
- Foreign language words used in English
- Jumbled paragraphs
- Sentence completion
- Different usage of the same word
- Contextual usage
- Fill In The Blanks
- Verbal Reasoning
- HCF, LCM
- Clocks- Calendars
- Height & Distance
- Time Speed & Distance
- Allegation & Mixture
- Profit & loss
- Number System
- Time & Work
- P&C Probability
- Simple-Compound Interest
Data Analysis & Sufficiency
- Bar Charts
- Data Comparison
- Pie Chart
- Multiple Graph
- Data Table
- Line Graph
- Data Caselette
- Data Sufficiency
Intelligence & Critical Reasoning
- Graphs representing Area
- Column graphs
- Statement Conclusions
- Coding & Decoding
- Critical Reasoning
- Blood Relations
- Pie Chart
- Numeric grid
- Visual reasoning
- Course of Action
- Multi-dimensional arrangements
- Strong Arguments and Weak Arguments
- Family tree
Indian and Global Environment
- Major Corporate news
- Social issues
- Important Quotations
- International Organisation
- The punch line of companies
- Books and Authors
- Famous awards and Prizes
- Top officials of big companies
- World Records
- Current affairs
MAT 2020 Admit Cards
Candidates will have to download the MAT admit card 2020 from the AIMA website. Candidates, who wish to take up the test in any form will have to download the admit card as per the schedule given in the notification. Candidates taking up the test will not get admit card by post.
- Admit cards for September 2020 MAT PBT will be available to download from August 2020
- Admit cards for September 2020 MAT CBT will be available to download from September 2020
- Admit cards for September 2020 MAT IBT will be available to download from August 2020
In general, the admit cards will be made available 7 days before the date of the test. Candidates can download the admit card by following the steps below:
- Visiting the official website
- They will find a link that shows admit cards
- They will have to click on the link
- Select Exam opted
- Enter the Registration Number
- Select Date of Birth and submit
- The MAT admit card will be displayed
- Download and take a print out
Details on Admit Card
- MAT Admit Card will have the name, roll number, test date, time, and venue address for the paper-based test.
- For the computer-based test, the admit card will have a name, roll number, and test center code along with form number.
- For IBT, the admit card will have a name, roll number, time and date of exam, etc.
- For the computer-based test, candidates will have to strictly follow the time specified in the admit card and report to the test center 90 minutes before the test.
MAT 2020 Result & Scorecard
Candidates can expect the MAT result 2020 to be out on or after 26th September 2020. Once the results are out, candidates can download their MAT scorecard from the AIMA website. They should provide the roll number and registration number to get the results.
- Open AIMA website and click on student’s corner
- Click on Download/View, then on MAT Results
- Find Result/Scorecard box and select MAT September 2020 result
- Enter both roll number and registration number
- Submit to check the result and Download MAT Scorecard
- Retrieve details using Forgot option through Email
Details on MAT Scorecard
- Candidate personal details – Name, Address, Gender, DOB, Degree, Category, Work experience
- Form number, Test year and month
- Scaled scores – Section-wise scaled score and percentile, Composite score and Percentile
- Score validity – 1 year