SSC Selection Post 2021 Notification, Apply Online : Staff Selection Commission will release SSC Selection Post 2021 notification for 1136 vacancies of 130 posts vacant in several departments of the Government. SSC Selection Post application form must be submitted online only @ https://ssc.nic.in/ and the registration process will commence from 21 Feb 2021 and the last date to apply online is 20 March 2021.
- Candidates must fulfill the SSC Selection Post eligibility criteria such as Age Limit and Essential Qualification and Experience. The date of determining eligibility will be 1st Jan 2021.
- SSC Selection Post Application Fee for General/OBC/EWS candidates is Rs. 100 and SC/ST/PWD/Ex-servicemen are exempted from fee payment.
- The last date to apply online is 20 March 2021 (23:59) and the last date to make online fee payment is 23 March 2021.
- The last date to generate fee challan is 23 March 2021 and the last date to pay the fee through offline is 25 March 2021.
- SSC Selection Post Computer Based Exam will be held from 10th – 12th June 2021.
Read further for SSC Selection Post details like date of notification, post details, vacancies, eligibility criteria, fee, the application process, selection process, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, result, etc.
SSC Selection Post 2021 Overview
|Name of the examination||SSC Selection Posts 2021 Recruitment [Phase – IX]|
|Conducted by||Staff Selection Commission|
|Notification release||Feb 2021|
|No. of posts||130|
|Total no. of vacancies||1136|
|Application start date||21 Feb 2021|
|Application last date||20 March 2021|
|Last date to make payment through challan of SBI||24 March 2021|
|Selection Process||Written Examination and Document Verification|
|Mode of examination||Computer Based Mode|
|Admission certificate for CBT||Before 7 days from exam|
|CBT||7-9 Sep 2021|
|Result||To be notified|
|SSC website / Apply online @||http://ssconline.nic.in/|
SSC Selection Posts 2021 Notification
SSC Selection Post 2021 notification will be released on 21st Feb 2021 on the SSC website. Online applications are invited from eligible candidates for vacancies mentioned in the notification. The candidates whose application forms are found in order will be accepted provisionally.
Candidates must fulfill eligibility conditions such as Age Limit, Essential Qualification, Experience/ Category. Candidature will be canceled without notice if candidates are not meeting the conditions at any stage of the recruitment process.
Download SSC Selection Post 2021 Notification Pdf
SSC Selection Post Vacancies
The total number of vacancies of SSC Selection Posts will be 1136 for 130 posts. Further details of posts with the number of vacancies are given below.
|Technical Operator (Drilling)||Central Ground Water Board, Pune||51 (UR-37, SC-2, ST-1, OBC-11), (ExS-5)]|
|Assistant Photographer||Central Forensic Science Laboratory||1 (OBC-1)|
|Filter Pump Driver||Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries||1 (UR-1)|
|Canteen Attendant||Directorate General of Civil Aviation||4 (UR-3, OBC-1)|
|Junior Draftsman||Health and Family Welfare||1 (UR-1)|
|Stenographer Gr III||Directorate of Publication Division||1 (OBC-1)|
|Laboratory Attendant||National Centre for Disease control,(NCDC), DGHS||2 (UR-2)|
|Medical Attendant||Health and Family Welfare||36 [(UR-16, SC-5, ST-2, OBC-13), (ExS-5)]|
- Total no. of posts – 130
- Total no. of vacancies – 1136
Note: Refer Annexure III of SSC Selection Post for the detailed vacancy list or check the direct link given at the candidate login portal.
SSC Selection Post Eligibility 2021
Before applying to any of the posts, interested candidates should confirm that they fulfill the eligibility conditions like age limit/ essential qualifications (EQs) / experience/ category, etc. as mentioned below.
Age limit & Relaxation In Upper Age Limit
As of 1st Jan 2021, the applicant should be 18 years old but not have acquired the age of 30 years. However, relaxation in upper age limit admissible to eligible categories of applicants are given below:
|Category||Permissible Age-relaxation beyond upper age limit|
|PwD + SC/ ST||15 years|
|PwD + OBC||13 years|
|SC / ST||5 years|
Note- For more details, please go through SSC Selection Post notification.
Post Wise Minimum Educational Qualification
|Post Name||Minimum Educational Qualification|
|Technical Operator (Drilling)||Matriculation|
|Filter Pump Driver|
|Laboratory Assistant||Higher Secondary (10+2)|
|Data Entry Operator Grade ‘A’|
|Research Assistant (Computer Science)||Graduation|
|Assistant Welfare Administrator|
|Junior Scientific Assistant|
|Library and Information Assistant|
Note – For more information on SSC selection post-qualification, please check ‘Annexure-III’ available in SSC Selection Post notification 2021.
SSC Selection Post 2021 Application Form
To apply online for any of the posts in the departments, the applicant must submit the SSC Selection Posts online application form @https://ssc.nic.in/. The SSC Selection Posts application process will commence from 21 Feb 2021 and the last date to apply online is 20 March 2021. After the SSC registration, the applicant will have to submit the online application.
How to Apply Online?
Candidates are requested to know that only online application forms will be accepted. Applications sent/submitted through any other mode will be rejected. The step-wise procedure of online application submission is given below.
Part I: Registration
- Open the website of SSC
- Click on ‘Apply’ button and then on ‘Others’
- Click on Phase-IX/2021/Selection Posts Application Form link
- Click on ‘Register’ tab for ‘New Registration’ available under the section ‘Registration Part’
- Enter and verify name
- Enter and verify the father’s name
- Enter and verify the mother’s name
- Enter and verify roll no.
- Select and verify your date of birth
- Select & verify gender
- Enter the text then click on tab ‘Enter’
- You will see a complete registration form
- Now, fill up the basic details and contact details such as a permanent address, mobile number, email ID, etc.
- Enter the text as shown in the box
- Then click on tab ‘Submit’
- Upload scanned copies of your photo & signature
- After uploading the scanned files, click on tab ‘Next’
- Your SSC registration is completed
- Note down the Registration ID and password
- Use your registration ID & password to proceed to fill up the Online Application Form
Part II: Online Application Submission
- Before filling up the Online Application Form, read the instructions carefully
- Now, proceed to fill up the details available in the online application form
- After performing all the necessary actions, enter the text then click on tab ‘Final Submit’
- Pay the fee online or Generate challan of SBI and submit it along with application fee [if eligible] at any designated branch of SBI
- After making payment through online or challan of SBI, you can check your application status at https://ssc.nic.in
- After the successful submission of the online application form, print your application form for reference.
SSC Selection Post 2021 Application Fee
Male General/EWS/OBC applicants are required to pay an amount of Rs. 100/- through online using credit/debit/ net banking or through challan of SBI.
Female and candidates belonging to SC / ST, PwD & Ex-servicemen [ExS] categories are exempted from application fee.
Challan of SBI along with requisite amount should be submitted by candidates at one of the designated branches of SBI.
SSC Selection Post 2021 Exam Pattern
- There will be three separate CBT exams for posts with minimum educational qualification of Matriculation, Higher Secondary, and Graduation and above levels.
- Each CBT will have 4 subjects – Part A General Intelligence, Part B General Awareness, Part C Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill), and Part D English Language (Basic Knowledge).
- Each part will have 25 MCQs for 50 marks. Total MCQs will be 100 for 200 marks.
- The time duration will be 60 minutes.
- There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each incorrect answer.
|Part||Subject||No. of MCQs||Maximum marks||Total duration|
|A||General Intelligence||25||50||60 minutes|
|C||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
|D||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25||50|
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of merit in the CBT.
- The final selection of candidates will be based on the online test followed by a document verification round.
- For some posts, a skill test/ computer proficiency test/ typing test will be conducted, which is qualifying nature.
SSC Selection Posts Syllabus 2021 for Matriculation, Higher Secondary, and Graduate-level posts are given below.
Part A General Intelligence
Non-verbal type questions, space visualization, similarities and differences, problem-solving, judgment, decision making, analysis, visual memory, relationship concepts, discriminating observation, figure classification, non-verbal series, arithmetical number series, arithmetical computation, abstract ideas and symbols and their relationship, and other analytical functions.
Part B General Awareness
Environment and its application, current events, and matters of everyday observation and experience in the scientific aspects.India and its neighboring countries in the fields of Sports, Geography, History, Culture, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research.
Part C Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)
Decimals and Fractions and the relationship between Numbers, Computation of Whole Numbers, Number Systems, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Ratio and Proportion, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, Percentages, Averages, Discount, Use of Tables and Graphs, Interest, Profit and Loss, Mensuration, Time and Distance, etc.
Part D English Language (Basic Knowledge)
Basics of English Language, sentence structure, grammar, vocabulary, synonyms, antonyms, and its correct usage. The writing ability will be tested.
Higher Secondary Level
Part A General Intelligence
Both verbal and non-verbal type – Coding and decoding, Critical Thinking, Drawing inferences, Embedded figures, Emotional Intelligence, Figural Classification, Figural Pattern – folding and completion, Figural Series, Number Series, Numerical operations, Other sub-topics, if any, Problem Solving, Punched hole/pattern-folding & unfolding, Semantic Analogy, Semantic Classification, Semantic Series, Social Intelligence, Space Orientation, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Symbolic/Number Classification, Trends, Figural Analogy, Venn Diagrams, Word Building.
Part B General Awareness
Environment and its application, current events, and matters of everyday observation and experience in the scientific aspects.India and its neighboring countries in the fields of History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General polity and scientific research.
Part C Quantitative Aptitude
Arithmetic, Number Systems, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Profit and Loss, Discount, Time and distance, Time and work, Geometry, Mensuration, Base Trigonometry, Algebra, Statistical Charts.
Part D English Language
Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage, Spot the Error, Idioms & Phrases, Improvement of Sentences, Synonyms/ Homonyms, Antonyms, One-word substitution, Fill in the Blanks, Spellings/ Detecting Mis-spelt words, Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage.
Note: Refer below link for complete SSC Selection Post including Graduate level posts syllabus.
SSC Selection Post 2021 Admit Card
Staff Selection Commission will issue Selection Post Admit Card 2021 to each candidate through the website of SSC. As per SSC selection post notification 2021, admission certificates of CBT will be available before 7 days from the date of examination. Upon qualifying in CBT, the admit card will be issued to the next stage.
How To Download Admit Card?
- Open the website of SSC
- Find and click on the Admit Card
- Click on Regional website of SSC link
- Click on SSC Selection Post Admit Card link
- Enter Provisional Registration No. & Password
- Enter the text as shown in image
- Click on tab ‘Submit’
- You will see your admission certificate for CBT
- Download and print it
Documents for Exam
The following documents are necessary for the SSC Selection Post exam.
- Admit Card
- 2 Passport-sized photographs
- Valid Photo Id (having DOB as mentioned in admit card)
- PAN Card
- Voter Id
- Driving License
- School/College issued Id
- Employer issued Id
- Any photo Id issued by state/central Govt.
Note: In case of mismatch of DOB between admit card and valid photo id, candidates must bring another original certificate that ave date of birth.
SSC will release Selection Post answer key on the SSC website and allow challenges through the website aginst the answer key by paying Rs. 100/- per question. The challenges window will be available between the given dates only. After evaluating the challenges received, the final answer key will be released.
How to Check Answer Key?
- Visit SSC website
- Click on Answer Key
- Click on Selection Post Answer Key pdf link
- Download the answer key along with question paper
- Evaluate the score with the response sheet
SSC Selection Post 2021 Result
SSC Selection Post 2021 Result will be announced for the CBT stage on the SSC website after a few weeks from the CBT exam. Candidates can check the qualified candidate’s list on the SSC result page. The marks will be made available only after the completion of the entire selection process on the SSC Website.
How to Check Result?
- Visit SSC website
- Click on Result tab
- Click on ‘Others’
- Click on Pdf file SSC Selection Post ‘Write Up, Result, Marks’
- ‘Write Up’ link for cut off, ‘Results’ link for qualified candidates list and ‘Marks’ link for pdf where a link to scorecard will be given
- Check the Roll No. and Name, Category in the list of qualified candidates
- Click on the link in Marks pdf, Enter Registration No. and Registered Password to download scorecard
Candidates shortlisted for the next stage have to submit self-attested copies of educational, experience certificates, age/relaxation certificates along with a print out of application form at the regional office.
SSC regional office scrutinizes and issue admit card to the next stage for those candidates only whose applications are received along with relevant documents and whose documents are found in order.
If qualified in CBT, and subsequent stages of skill test if any, candidates will be shortlisted for document verification round and issued admit card by the concerned regional office.
Candidates will have to submit a print out of online application form along with original and self-attested copies of all the documents/certificates such as
- Admit Card
- 2 Passport-sized photographs
- Matriculation/ Secondary Certificate
- Proof of minimum educational qualification certificate
- Experience certificates
- Proof of category [only for candidates of SC / ST / OBC / PH(PwD) / Ex-S categories]
- NOC if already employed
SSC has prescribed cut off marks for each category and candidates scoring less than the cut off marks will not be considered for the next stage.
- UR – 35%
- OBC/EWS – 30%
- Others – 25%
Candidates securing the minimum qualifying marks will be called for next stage of recruitment. Candidates will be shortlisted depending on the vacancies in the ratio of 1:20 for up to 5 vacancies for any category of posts and 1:10 for more than 5 vacancies for any category of posts with a minimum of 100.