TNPSC Group 1 2021 : TNPSC Group 1 Notification 2021 will be released on 1st January 2021 @ tnpsc.gov.in and interested candidates can apply online from 20 January 2021 and the last date of registration is 19th February 2021. Application forms are invited through online mode only for direct recruitment to the vacancies under CCS – I examination.
TN Combined Civil Services Exam I will be held in 3 stages, Preliminary, Main Exam and Interview. The prelim exam has been scheduled on 5th April 2021 and the Main exam will be held in July 2021 followed by Oral Test (Interview).
It is mandatory for applicants to register their basic details through One Time Registration on the TNPSC portal by paying Rs.150/- towards registration fee and after successful registration, they can apply online for CCS I Prelim exam by paying Rs. 100/-. Candidate clearing Prelim exam need to pay Rs. 200/- for appearing in the Main exam.
- Important Dates
- Application Form
- Apply Online
- Application Fee
- Exam Pattern
- Selection Process
- Hall Tickets
TNPSC Group 1 Notification 2021
TNPSC Combined Civil Services Notification 2021 (Short Notice) will be released on 01.01.2021 with no. 01/2021 for direct recruitment on 134 vacancies. Candidates must check eligibility criteria and must submit only one application even if they opt for more than one post.
|Name of Exam||TNPSC Group 1/ Combined Civil Services 1 Exam|
|Notification||Short Notice (01.01.2021)|
Detailed Notification (20.01.2021)
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Medium/ Language||Tamil & English|
|Official Websites||tnpsc.gov.in/ tnpscexams.in/ tnpscexams.net|
TNPSC Group 1 notification has details related to eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, application process and important dates etc. Hence candidates must check official notification for details of TN CCS I examination.
TNPSC Group 1 Dates
TNPSC Combined Civil Services I important dates are listed below.
|Notification||01.01.2021 (Short Notice)|
|Application Start Date||20.01.2021|
|Last date of application||19.02.2021|
|Main Exam||July 2021|
TNPSC Group 1 Vacancies
TNPSC Group 1 number of vacancies are 134 for the year 2021 and various posts released are mentioned below.
|Deputy Sup. Of Police|
|Deputy Registrar of Co-operative societies|
|District Employment Officer|
|Asst. Director of Rural Development|
|Dist. Officer (Fire & Rescue Services)|
Note: Rule of reservation of appointment is applicable and the distribution of vacancies will be notified later.
TNPSC Group 1 Eligibility
Candidates must check eligibility such as Age limit, Educational qualification and Physical qualification and Knowledge in Tamil to apply for TNPSC CCS I recruitment.
Age Limit (As on 01.07.2021)
- Candidates applying for TNPSC Group 1 must be aged between 21-32 years as on 01.07.2021 except for the post of Assistant Commissioner.
- For the post of Assistant Commissioner, candidates with any degree must be aged between 21-32 years and candidates with BL degree must be aged between 21-33 years.
|Name of Post||Minimum Age (Years)||Maximum Age (Years)|
|All posts except Asst. Commissioner||21||32|
|Candidates with any degree||21||32|
|Candidates with BL degree||21||33|
- Candidates belonging to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs and DWs will have age relaxation.
- For all the posts except Asst. Commissioner, above mentioned reserved candidates will get relaxation of 5 years and upper age limit is 37 years.
- For the post of Assistant Commissioner, above mentioned reserved candidates with any degree will get 5 year’s age relaxation, the upper age limit is 37 years and candidates with BL degree will get 6 year’s age relaxation and upper age limit is 38 years.
|Name of Post||Relaxation for SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs and DWs||Upper Age Limit|
|All posts except Asst. Commissioner||5 years||37 years|
|Candidates with any degree||5 years||37 years|
|Candidates with BL degree||6 years||38 years|
- For differently-abled persons – 10 year’s concession over and above mentioned upper age limit
- For Ex-Servicemen – Maximum age limit of 53 years for SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs and DWs and for others, the maximum age limit is 48 years.
Candidates should possess a degree of any Universities incorporated an act of Centre/ State legislature or any other Educational Institute enacted by Act of Parliament or deemed University under sec. 3 of the UGC Act 1956. Candidates possessing the below qualification against a respective post will be given preference.
|Name of Post||Preferential Qualification|
|DSP Cat.I||Candidates with National awards for Physical efficiency|
|Assistant Commissioner||1st Preference: Degree in both Law and Commerce together with Diploma in Taxation laws|
|2nd Preference: Degree both in Commerce and Law|
|3rd Preference: Degree either in Law or Commerce together with Diploma in Taxation laws|
|4th Preference: Degree either in Commerce/ Law|
|District Employment Officer||Graduate in Economics/ Education/ Sociology/ Statistics/ Psychology and with PG Diploma in Social Science and Experience in Industrial/ Labour welfare/ Personnel Management|
|Deputy Registrar of Co-operative Societies||M.A. Co-Operation Degree|
|M.Com. Degree with Co-operation as subject|
|B.A. Co-Operation Degree|
|Assistant Director of Rural Development Department||PG Degree in Rural service of Gandhigram Rural Institute, Madurai Dist.|
|PG Degree/ Diploma in Extension|
|PG Degree/ Diploma in Sociology|
- The prescribed qualification must have been obtained through the order of 10th + HSC or equivalent + UG Degree
- Candidates appeared in their final year of exams/ passed in MBBS and pursuing internship can also apply for attending in Prelim exam subject to uploading of proof of passing at the time of document upload for main exam.
Candidates applying for the posts of District Officer Fire and Rescue Services and DSP must have the following Physical Qualifications.
|Post Name||Physical Qualification|
|DSP||Height: Not less than 165 cms||Height: Not less than 155 cms|
|Chest: Not less than 86 cms on full inspiration and expansion of not less than 5 cms on full inspiration||Chest: Not Apply|
|District Officer Fire and Rescue Services||Height: Not less than 165 cms||Height: Not less than 155 cms|
|Weight: 50 kgs||Chest: Not Apply|
|Chest: Not less than 89 cms on full inspiration, 84 cms normal and expansion of not less than 5 cms on full inspiration|
Knowledge in Tamil
Applicants must possess adequate knowledge in Tamil on the date of this notification to be eligible for TNPSC Group 1 recruitment.
TNPSC Group 1 Application Form 2021
Interested candidates should apply through online mode on the Commission’s websites @tnpsc.gov.in/ tnpscexams.in/ tnpscexams.net. TNPSC Group 1 application process commences from 20 Jan 2021, and the last date of registration is February 19, 2021.
One Time Registration and Applicant Dashboard is mandatory to apply for any post. Candidates must register their basic details to complete OTR process which is valid for 5 years.
TNPSC Group 1 : How To Apply Online?
One Time Registration
- Visit the official website @ tnpsc.gov.in
- Click on ‘One-Time Registration’ and then ‘ok’ to visit an external website
- Click on ‘One Time Registration & Dashboard’
- Click on New user, to change details of the existing candidate, use ‘Registered user’
- Create login ID (5-15 characters, Alphanumeric only), Enter Answer, click on ‘Check Availability’
- Enter password, email and confirm the same under Login Details section
- Enter Name, the mobile number under Personal details, click on ‘Verify’
- Enter Father’s Name, Mother’s name
- Select Gender, DOB, Place of birth, Origin District/state and Father’s place of birth, Religion and Nationality
- Click on ‘Submit & Continue’
- First stage is completed, Complete OTR process within 48 hrs or else data will be removed
- Enter Community details
- Enter SSLC details – Month, Year of passing, Board, Certificate number
- Enter Address both correspondence and Permanent
- Accept declaration, enter characters, then click on ‘Submit & Continue’
- Upload Photo (Jpg/Gif,165 x 125 pixels and below 50 kb) and Signature (Jpg/Gif, 80 x 125 pixels and below 20 kb)
- Click on ‘Submit & Continue’
- Accept declaration and click on ‘Submit & Continue’
- Click on Proceed to Payment
- Click on ‘Pay now & Submit Application’
- Print the OTR application
Online Application Submission
- Visit official website
- Click on ‘Apply Online’ under On-line services
- in website will be opened if you click on ‘ok’
- Click on ‘Apply Now’
- Find TNPSC Group 1/ CCS I 2021 and click on ‘Apply Now’
- Enter OTR login ID and password and click on submit to get candidate dashboard
- Click on ‘Current application’ then on Apply Now
- Select Qualification and Post Name
- Click on ‘Proceed’ and you will see Application Info, click on ‘Continue’
- Accept declaration, click on ‘Save & Continue’
- Check application details, click on ‘Save & Continue’
- Check communication details and click on ‘Save & Continue’
- Enter your ‘Educational Details’ of HSC or equivalent qualification, UG, PG degree details, other qualification details
- Fill Exam particulars such as exam centre, ‘Save & Continue’
- Click on ‘Yes, I agree to Proceed’, then on Save & Continue’
- Click on ‘I agree to finally submit application’, Proceed to payment
- Make the payment and Print the application
TNPSC Group 1 Registration and Exam Fee
Applicants need to pay Rs. 150/- for One Time Registration fee, and Prelim Exam fee is Rs. 100/- and Main exam fee of Rs. 200/-. Fee can be paid through online using credit, debit card or internet banking or through offline using SBI Challan.
- Candidates belonging to SC, SC(A)s, and STs are exempted from paying examination fee.
- Differently abled persons, Destitute widows have full exam fee exemption.
- Most BCs, De-notified communities, Backward Classes (Muslims) are exempted up to three times in Group 1 recruitments.
- Ex-Servicemen are exempted from fee for up to 2 times in Group 1 exam.
- Scanned Copy of Photograph (Jpg/Gif ,165 x 125 pixels and below 50 kb)
- Scanned Copy of Signature (Jpg/Gif, 80 x 125 pixels and below 20 kb)
TNPSC Group 1 Exam Pattern 2021
TNPSC Group 1 exam will be held in 3 stages, Prelim, Main and Oral Test. Prelim exam is objective in nature, Main exam is descriptive in nature, Oral test in the form of Interview will be conducted.
Preliminary Exam (Objective Type)
- TNPSC Group 1 Preliminary exam will be an objective type test of 200 questions for 300 marks.
- The prelim exam is of qualifying in nature and the duration of the exam is of 3 hrs.
- It will have a single paper in General Studies, which contain GS (degree standard) for 150 questions and Aptitude & Mental Ability Test (SSLC Standard) for 50 marks.
- Minimum qualifying marks for SCs/ STs/SC (A)s/ MBCs/DCs, BC/OBCMs/ BCMs is 90 marks and for others is 120.
|Name of the Subject||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration||Qualifying Marks|
|Single Paper in General Studies||General Studies (Degree Standard)||150||300||3 Hours||SCs/ STs/SC (A)s/ MBCs/DCs, BC/OBCMs/ BCMs - 90||others - 120|
|Aptitude & Mental Ability Test (SSLC Standard)||50|
Main Written Exam and Oral Test
- TNPSC Group 1 Main exam will be descriptive type and contain 3 General Studies papers of each of 250 marks.
- The duration of each paper will be 3 hrs.
- Minimum qualifying marks in Main exam and Interview for SCs/ STs/SC (A)s/ MBCs/DCs, BC/OBCMs/ BCMs is 255 marks and for others is 340.
- The oral test will be held in the form of Interview for 100 marks for candidates who qualify the Main exam.
- Total marks of the Main exam and Oral Test is 850 from which final merit will be considered.
|Name of the Subject||Max. Marks||Duration||Qualifying Marks|
|General Studies – Descriptive type (Degree Standard)||Paper I||250||3 Hours||SCs/ STs/SC (A)s/ MBCs/DCs, BC/OBCMs/ BCMs - 255||Others - 340|
|Paper II||250||3 Hours|
|Paper III||250||3 Hours|
|Interview & Records||100|
Note : General Studies questions of both Prelim and Main exam will be set in both Tamil and English.
TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2021
TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus of Preliminary exam and Main exam is given below.
Prelim Exam Syllabus
|Unit I||General Science – Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology|
|Unit II||Current Events – History, Political Science, Geography, Economics, Science|
|Unit IV||History and Culture of India|
|Unit V||Indian Polity|
|Unit VI||Indian Economy|
|Unit VII||Indian National Movement|
|Unit VIII||Aptitude & Mental Ability Test – Logical Reasoning|
Main Exam Syllabus
|Paper I||Paper II||Paper III|
|UNIT ‐ I. Modern history of India and Indian culture||UNIT – I ‐ Indian polity and emerging political trends across the world affecting India and Geography of India|
a. Emerging political trends across the world affecting India
b. Geography of India
|I. Current events of national and international importance|
|UNIT ‐ 2. General Aptitude & Mental Ability||2. Tamil language, Tamil society ‐ it’s culture and Heritage / English Language||2. Current Economic Trends: Indian economy and Impact of global economy on India|
a. Indian economy
b. Impact of global economy on India
|UNIT ‐ 3. Role and impact of science and technology in the development of India and Tamil Nadu||3. Administration of Union and States with special reference to Tamil Nadu||3. Socio ‐ Economic Issues in India/ Tamil Nadu|
TNPSC Group 1 Selection Process
- TNPSC Group 1 selection will be held in 3 stages, Preliminary exam, Main exam and Oral test in the form of Interview.
- Prelim exam is only a screening test to select candidates for Main exam and marks secured at Prelim stage will not be considered for final merit.
- Main exam will be descriptive in nature and candidates selected in the Main exam will be invited for oral test in the form of Interview.
- Marks secured in Main exam and the Oral test will be considered for final merit.
- Candidates to be admitted to the Main exam will be 50 times to the applicants to be recruited by following the rule of reservation. However, in the same reservation group, all applicants securing the cut off marks shall also be admitted to the Main exam in which the admitted candidates may exceed the rule of 1:50 ratio.
TNPSC Group 1 Preliminary exam centres are as follows. The main exam will be held at only Chennai.
|Karur||The Nilgiris (Udhagamandalam)|
TNPSC Group 1 Hall Tickets 2021
TNPSC will release Group 1 Prelim exam hall tickets on its website in the last week of March 2021. Candidates successfully applied for Tamil Nadu CCS I can download their hall ticket by providing details of Application ID and Date of Birth. A Separate hall ticket is required for Prelim, Main exam and Oral test.
How To Download TNPSC Group 1 Hall Tickets?
- Visit TNPSC Website @tnpsc.gov.in
- Click on Online Services
- Click on ‘ok’ to visit external website
- Click on ‘Download Hall Ticket’ button
- Click against TNPSC Group 1
- Enter Application Id and Date of Birth
- Click on Submit to download/ print admit card
TNPSC Group 1 Result 2021
TNPSC Group 1 Result 2021 will be released for Prelim exam followed by Main exam and Oral test. Prelim exam result will be announced in April/ May 2021 and Main exam result will be declared in September/ December 2021 and Final result will be declared by Jan 2021.
How To Check TNPSC Group 1 Result?
- Visit TNPSC Website
- Hover mouse over Results and Click on ‘Results’
- Click against TNPSC Group 1 Prelim/ Main exam Result
- For Prelims result – Enter Registration number, check the status and marks scored
- For Mains/ Final Result – Download Result Pdf
- Check the Register number from the list of qualifying numbers
TNPSC Group 1 FAQs
Q. When Will TNPSC Group 1 Notification Gets Released?
A. TNPSC Group 1 notification (Short Notice) will be released on 1st Jan 2021. Application process will start from 20th January 2021.
Q. When Is The Last Date Of Registration?
A. 19th February 2021 is the last date of registration of TNPSC Group 1 Notification.
Q. When Is The Date Of TNPSC Group 1 Exam?
A. TNPSC Group 1 Prelim exam will be held on 5th April 2021 and Main exam will be held in July 2021.
Q. Where Can I Apply For TNPSC Group 1 Exam?
A. Candidates can apply online on commission official website @tnpsc.gov.in, tnpscexams.in, tnpscexams.net
Q. What Is The Age Limit For TN CCS I?
A. TN Combined Civil Services I age limit is 21 to 32 years.
Q. What Is The Exam Fee Of TN Group 1?
A. OTR fee is Rs. 150/-, Prelim exam fee is 100/- and Main exam fee is Rs.200/-.
Q. What Is The Salary Of TNPSC Group 1 Officers?
A. TNPSC Group 1 salary will be at Level 22, Rs.56100-177500 (Revised Scale).