TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2021 : The TNPSC Group 4 exam pattern includes objective type questions (MCQs) and the written test is conducted on the OMR Sheet in offline mode for a maximum of 300 marks. If you plan to appear for TN Group 4, keep a copy of the TNPSC Group 4 syllabus while preparing for the exam.
Cover all the topics mentioned in the syllabus and revise them before the written exam. Prepare and practice with the past question papers that are available on the website of TNPSC at tnpsc.gov.in.
Here are tentative dates to check the website of TNPSC after you submit your application for the TNPSC Group IV Recruitment:
|TNPSC Group 4 Details||Tentative Dates|
|Notification||2nd week of Sep 2021|
|Last date of Application||2nd week of Oct 2021|
|Download of Hall ticket||Nov 2021|
|Date of written test||1st week of Dec 2021 (10 am - 1 pm)|
|Availability of Answer Key||A Week After The Written Test|
|Result Date||Jan/Feb 2022|
|Admit card for DV||After the results|
You should regularly check the website of TNPSC to keep yourself updated with all the latest information
TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern 2021
- The pattern of TNPSC Group IV as decided by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission will have objective type questions.
- The maximum marks for the test will be 300 and the total number of questions in the test will be 200.
- The questions will be in SSLC Standard and the duration of the test will be 3 hours.
- You will have the option to choose one of the papers of the test either in English or in Tamil.
- All question papers will have questions given both in English and Tamil except the General English and General Tamil Papers that will have questions given in the appropriate languages.
Here is a table to help you gain a detailed understanding of the pattern of the written test for TNPSC Group 4 Recruitment:
|Subject||Duration||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|General Studies||3 Hours||75||300|
|General Tamil/General English||100|
Here, you can choose to take the entire General English or General Tamil Paper at your convenience.
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2021
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2021 has the following subjects.
- I. General Studies
- II. Aptitude Test
- III. General English/ General Tamil
I. General Studies
The General Studies section will have the following subjects.
- General Science
- Current Events
- Indian Polity
- History, and culture of India and Tamil Nadu
- Indian Economy
- Indian National Movement
1. General Science
- Blood and Blood Circulation
- Reproductive system
- Health and hygiene
- Human diseases
- Communicable diseases
- Prevention and remedies
- Animals, Plants, and Human life
- Main concepts of life science
- Classification of living organisms
- Nutrition and dietetics
- Acids, bases, and salts
- Fertilizers, pesticides, and insecticides
- Elements and compounds
- Mechanics and properties of matter
- Nature of universe
- Force, motion, and energy
- Magnetism, electricity, and electronics
- Heat, light, and sound
2. Current Events
- Economics – Current socio-economic problems
- Geography – Geographical landmarks
- Political parties and political system in India
- Public awareness and General administration
- Problems in conduct of public elections
- Welfare oriented government schemes and their utility
- National symbols
- Profile of states
- Eminent persons and places in the news
- Sports and games
- Books and authors
- Awards and honors
- Latest diary of events
- India and its neighbors
- Earth and universe
- Solar system
- Weather and climate
- Water resources
- Rivers in India
- Soil, minerals, and natural resources
- Forest and wildlife
- Agricultural pattern
- Transport including surface transport and communication
- Social geography
- Population density and distribution
- Natural calamities
- Disaster management
4. Indian Polity
- The preamble to the constitution
- Salient features of the constitution
- Constitution of India
- Human rights charter
- Union legislature
- Fundamental rights
- Fundamental duties
- Rule of law
- Empowerment of women
- Consumer protection form
- Corruption in public life
- Union, state, and territory
5. History and culture of India and Tamil Nadu
- Indus valley civilization
- Delhi sultans
- Mughals and Marathas
- Age of Vijayanagara and the bahamanis
- South Indian history culture and heritage
- Characteristics of Indian culture
- Unity in diversity
- Tamil Nadu political parties and populist schemes
- India since independence
6. Indian Economy
- Nature of Indian Economy
- Five-year plan
- Land reform and agriculture
- Industrial growth
- Rural welfare oriented programs
- Social sector problem
- Population, education, health, employment, poverty
- Economic trends in Tamil Nadu
7. Indian National Movement
- The emergence of national leaders
- Gandhi, Nehru, Tagore
- National renaissance
- Different modes of agitations
- Role of Tamil Nadu in freedom struggle – Rajaji, VOC, Periya, Bharathiar, and others
II. Aptitude Test
- Number Series
- Alpha Numeric Reasoning
- Visual Reasoning
- Logical Reasoning
- Time and Work
- Compound Interest
- Lowest Common Multiple
- Analytical Interpretation of Data
- Tables, Graphs, and Diagrams
- Conversion of Information to Data
- Compilation and presentation of data
- Ratio proportions
- Simple interest
- Analytical interpretation
III. General English
Part A – Grammar
- Select the Correct Voice
- Select the Correct Tense
- Select the Correct Question Tag
- Fill in the blanks with a suitable proposition and suitable article, particle, gerund, and infinitive
- Select the correct prefix and suffix
- Match the following
- Spot the error
- Choose the correct sentence
- Select the correct plural forms
- Select the correct degree
Part B – Literature
- Appreciation questions from poetry
- Figures of speech in Poems
- Important Lines for Poems
- Questions from Oscar Wild
- Questions from Shakespeare
- Questions on Biographies
- British English – American English
- Comprehension questions from motivational essays
Part C – Authors and Their Literary Works
- Match the poems with the poets
- Whose Biography
- Identifying the author of the short story
- Identifying the Nationality of the Story
- Nationality of the poet
- Famous lines from dramas
- Important Lines from Indian authors
TNPSC Group 4 Selection Process
- TNPSC will select candidates for various posts under Group 4 on the basis of marks obtained by them in the written exam. TNPSC Group 4 recruitments minimum qualifying mark specified by TNPSC for the written test is 90 marks out of 300.
- Based on the marks secured by the test-takers in the written test, the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission will prepare a list of qualified candidates.
- Candidates securing more than 90 marks or the one that is decided by the TNPSC will be shortlisted in the order of highest to the lower marks secured.
TNPSC will create a merit list according to marks scored by candidates. All the shortlisted candidates have to upload their required documents on the TNPSC website as instructed in the merit list.
After conducting onscreen document verification TNPSC will call the eligible candidates for counseling and allot them the post and unit/ department as per their rank, category and eligibility. For all positions, this rule will be followed. However, for the typist and steno-typist positions, the selection procedure will include the following as well in addition to the written test scores.
Candidates with technical qualifications of senior/higher grade both in English and Tamil typewriting will be shortlisted. If such candidates are not available, candidates with a higher grade in Tamil and lower grades in English typewriting will be considered. Finally, still, if the vacancies are open, candidates with a higher grade in English typewriting and a lower grade in Tamil typewriting will be shortlisted.
Along with typewriting completion in the same manner above, stenography exam completion in the same order above will be considered. If you have completed your intermediate in English or Tamil Shorthand, it will not be considered as a senior grade.
TNPSC Group 4 Exam Date
The TNPSC Group 4 Recruitment (Combined Civil Services Examination-IV) will be held in the 1st week of December 2021. The vacancies for different positions are filled by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission through this recruitment. The positions include:
- Village Administrative Officer or VAO
- Junior Assistant
- Bill Collector Grade I
- Steno-typist Grade III
- Filed Surveyor
So, you will have to rightly choose the position for which you plan to apply when you fill up the online application for the TNPSC Group IV recruitment. The number of vacancies for each position will be notified by TNPSC along with the details about the recruitment on the official website.
TNPSC Group 4 Exam FAQs
Q. How Many Marks Are Required To Qualify the TNPSC Group 4 Exam?
A. The minimum qualifying marks for the written exam set by TNPSC are 90. However, you should know that only scoring minimum marks does not make you eligible for final selection. Selection will be made according to the merit list of candidates and if you score more or equal marks to cut off then only you will be considered for the final selection.
Q. Will There Be A Choice Between English and Tamil Paper?
A. Yes, candidates will have an option to choose between general English or general Tamil paper.
Q. Will There Going To Be Negative Marking In TNPSC Group 4 VAO Exam?
A. There is no mention of negative marking by TNPSC in the official notification. Hence there will be no negative marking.
Q. How Is The Selection For TNPSC Group 4 Posts Will Be Done?
A. Candidates will be selected based on their performance in the written exam. Those who qualify in written exams will have to upload their documents for the onscreen verification process and after that candidates will be called for counseling.
Q. When TNPSC Group 4 Exam Will Be Held?
A. TNPSC Group 4 exam will be held in the 1st week of December 2021 from 10 am to 1 pm.