TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2019 [Apply Online, Syllabus, Date, Pattern] : TNPSC Group 2 Notification (Combined Civil Service Examination-II) will be published by Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission tentatively in the month of May 2019 as per the annual planner 2019. The recruitment exam for Group II CCSE is conducted in three stages. They are the preliminary examination, main written examination and oral test. The preliminary examination will be an objective type test, while the main examination will be a descriptive type test. The oral test comprises of interview and record. The total mark for prelims is 300, while for the mains and oral test, it is 340. TNPSC releases two types of notification for CCSE Group II and one of them is interview posts and the other notification is for non-interview posts (CCSE Group IIA). Here are details of CCSE Group II Interview Posts examination.
- Important Dates
- Age Limit
- Application Form
- Apply Online
- Exam Pattern
- Selection Process
- Hall Tickets
- Cut Off
TNPSC Group 2 Important Dates
As the actual dates for the TNPSC Combined Civil Services Examination Group II are not yet known, here is a table to show some tentative dates for the recruitment
|Release of Notification||May 1, 2019|
|Starting date to apply||May 1, 2019|
|Closing date to apply||June 1, 2019|
|Last date for the payment of examination fee through bank||Two days after the last date to submit in June 2019|
|Date of Preliminary Examination||August 1, 2019|
|Hosting of tentative answer key||Two or three days after the preliminary examination|
|Timeline for raising objections for tentative answer key||A week from the publishing of preliminary answer key|
|Result for Preliminary Examination||One month after the written test.|
|Starting date for uploading documents by candidates shortlisted from preliminary examination for the main examination||A week after the result for preliminary examination|
|Last date to upload scanned documents||15 days after the starting date|
|Date of Main Examination||November 1, 2019|
|Results for the main examination||December 1, 2019|
For regular updates for the appropriate dates, candidates are recommended to visit the website of the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission at tnpsc.gov.in/
TNPSC Group 2 Notification 2019
As per the annual planner published by the TNPSC, candidates can expect the release of notification for CCSE Group II in the month of May 2019. So, candidates can visit the latest notification section of the website of Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission at for notification release. In turn, they can apply for recruitment within the last date without fail.
TNPSC Group 2 Vacancies 2019
TNPSC Group 2 number of vacancies of various posts will be announced in the notification. Approximately 1200 vacancies will be filled through TNPSC Group 2 Notification. In the year 2019, the recruitment of candidates for the following positions will be made through the TNPSC CCSE Group II Interview posts:
- Revenue Assistant in the Revenue Department in various Revenue Units
- Executive Officer, Grade II in Town Panchayat Department Tirunelveli District
- Audit Assistant in the accounts branch of Highways Department
- Handloom Inspector in Handlooms and Textiles Department
- Supervisor / Junior Superintendent in Tamil Nadu Agricultural Marketing / Agricultural Business Department
- Senior Inspectors in Milk Production and Dairy Development Department
- Senior Inspector of Co-operative Societies in the Department of Registrar of Co-operative Societies
- Assistant Inspector in Local Fund Audit Department
- Audit Inspector in the Audit Wing of Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Administration Department
- Supervisor of Industrial Co-operatives in the Industries and Commerce Department
- Assistant Section Officer Cum- Programmer in Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
- Assistant Section Officer in Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
- Assistant Section Officer, Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Secretariat
- Assistant Section Officer in the Finance Department in Secretariat
- Assistant Section Officer in Law Department in Secretariat
- Municipal Commissioner, Grade-II Special Assistant in the Vigilance and Anti – Corruption Department
- Sub Registrar, Grade-II
- Assistant Inspector of Labour in the Labour Department
- Probation Officer in the Prison Department
- Junior Employment Officer (Non- Differently Abled) in Employment and Training (Employment Wing) Department
- Probation Officer in the Social Defence Department
- Industrial Co-Operative Officer in the Industries and Commerce Department
TNPSC Group 2 Eligibility 2019
The eligibility conditions for TNPSC CCSE Group II differ based on the position for which a candidate plans to apply. Here are some details to know:
Age Requirement (As on the 1st of July 2019)
|Name of the position||Minimum Age Limit (for all)||Maximum Age Limit|
|Others||SC/SC (A)/ST/MBC/Denotified communities, backward classes, backward classes (Muslims) and destitute widows of all categories|
|For all positions except sub-register grade – II, Probation officer in Prison Department and Social Defence Department||18 Years||30 Years||No maximum age limit|
|Sub-Registrar (Grade – II)||20 Years|
|Probation Officer in Prison Department||22 Years|
|Probation Officer in the Social Defence Department||26 Years||40 Years|
Applicants not belonging to BCM, BC (OBCM), DCs/MBCs, STs, SC (A) s and SC, who have put in five years or more of service in the central or state government cannot apply even if they are within the age limit.
Age concession applicable for differently abled persons is up to 10 years over and above the utmost age limit prescribed. In the case of ex-servicemen, the utmost age limit is 48 years. This age concession will not be applicable for ex-servicemen applicants, who have already been hired for any category, service or class.
Applicants will possess the prescribed educational qualification to be eligible to apply for the TNPSC Group 2 examination. Candidates who hold a professional degree are eligible to appear for this recruitment except for the posts of Industrial Co-Operative Officer in Industries & Commerce department, Assistant Section Officer in the departments of Law and Finance in the secretariat, Revenue Assistant in Revenue Department, Assistant Section Officer cum Programmer in TNPSC.
The educational qualification requirement is different for each of the positions mentioned above. So, candidates are recommended to visit the official notification page to know the exact qualification required before they apply for any position in the TNPSC Combined Civil Services Examination Group II.
Knowledge In Tamil
To apply, candidates should have adequate knowledge of Tamil. It means that the applicants must have passed their degree or higher secondary or SSLC with Tamil as one of the languages. Otherwise, they should have done their high school course in Tamil Medium and should have completed their SSLC course in Tamil Medium. Otherwise, they should have passed the second class language test (full test) in Tamil conducted by the TNPSC.
In case, candidates without adequate knowledge are selected, they will have to pass the second class language full test in Tamil within two years from the date of appointment. If they do not do it, they will be discharged from service.
Certificate Of Physical Fitness
For the following positions, candidates will have to get through the physical fitness test:
|Name of the position||Form of Certificate of Physical Fitness||Prescribed Vision Standard|
|Probation Officer (Prison)||Form Prescribed for executive posts||Standard – I|
|Probation Officer (Social Defence)|
|Senior Inspector of Co-operative Societies||Form Prescribed for executive posts||Standard – III|
|Municipal Commissioner – Grade II|
|Junior Employment Officer (Non-differently abled)||Form Prescribed for executive posts||Standard – III or better|
|Supervisor of Industrial Co-operative Societies|
|Executive Officer Grade – II in Town Panchayat Department|
|Assistant Inspector of Labour||Form Prescribed for executive posts||Standard – II or better (For this post, candidates with colour and night blindness will be disqualified)|
|Sub-Registrar, Grade – II||Form prescribed for posts other than executive and ministerial posts||Standard – III|
|Agricultural Business Department/Junior Superintendent in Tamil Nadu Agricultural Marketing/Supervisor|
|Industrial Co-operative Officer||Form prescribed for posts other than executive and ministerial posts||Standard – III or better|
|Handloom Inspector||Form prescribed for posts other than executive and ministerial posts||Standard – II or better (For this post, candidates with colour and night blindness will be disqualified)|
|For all other posts||Form prescribed for Tamil Nadu Secretariat Service, Tamil Nadu Judicial Ministerial Service||Standard – III or better|
Eye fitness certificate should be produced by applicants with a defective vision from a qualified eye specialist.
TNPSC Group 2 Application Form 2019
TNPSC Group 2 application form under combined civil services II should be submitted online. After submission of the applications online, candidates can take a printout or they can save their application in PDF format in their system. They need not have to submit the application form or other supporting documents to the commission. The certificates will be verified only if the applicants are shortlisted for the next stage of the selection.
TNPSC Group 2 : How To Apply Online?
- The application should be submitted online through www.tnpsc.gov.in or tnpscexams.net or www.tnpscexams.in
- Applicant Dashboard and one-time registration are essential before a candidate applies for any position in TNPSC CCSE Group II
- In one-time registration, candidates will have to register only once as the name implies and they can do so by paying Rs.150 as registration fee
- Once successfully registered through the instructions that candidates can find at tnpsconline.com, they can remember that the registration will be valid for 5 years
- All the applications should be submitted with the help of the OTR ID and password registered by the applicant.
- For applying to the OTR, the applicants should have scanned image of their certificates and photograph and signature to upload, wherever insisted. They can have these things in scanned format either in the system, pen drive, DVD or CD
- Candidates, who have already registered in OTR on or before the 29th of September 2015 shall use their existing user ID and password for creating applicants dashboard in the new one-time registration system. In OTR, candidates are not allowed to create more than one registration ID
- They will have to enter the unique ID and password to see the already available information and to update them. Candidates are recommended to remember that the one-time registration is not a registration for any post
- It is only a collection of information from the applicant and it gives a separate dashboard for each applicant for helping them to maintain their own profile. Applicants interested in applying for any recruitment should click the “Apply” option against the recruitment notified on the website of the TNPSC using their user ID and password that they got during OTR
- When applying, candidates will have to upload their signature and photograph as per the specifications given in the guidelines. An online application uploaded without the photograph and specified documents and signature will be rejected
- All particulars that the applicants enter in the online application will be considered the final. They should remember that they cannot make any changes to the applications once submitted. So, they should take the utmost care in applying.
TNPSC Group 2 Fee
It is compulsory that applicants registering for the first time with the website of TNPSC to pay a registration fee of Rs.150 for the registration fee. After five years, the registration should be renewed by paying the registration fee again. Candidates, who have already registered within the last 5 years need not have to pay this fee now.
TNPSC Group 2 examination fee is Rs.100 for the preliminary examination and Rs.150 for the main examination for CCSE-II Group II recruitment. This fee should be paid at the time of applying. The examination fee is fully exempted for the reserved category candidates. The fee for the preliminary examination should be paid first online through debit card/credit card/net banking. The fee can also be paid offline via post office/Indian bank/State Bank of India within two days from the date of submission of online application by selecting the offline payment mode in the online application. The fee for the main examination shall be paid only by candidates, who are shortlisted from the preliminary examination.
Candidates need not have to send any documents along with application online. But, they will have to keep some documents ready when applying. For instance, they should have their class X mark sheet for DOB, their educational qualification details to enter them in the application and also the scanned copy of their signature and photograph as per the specifications.
TNPSC Group 2 Exam Pattern 2019
|Subject (Objective type)||Duration||Maximum Marks|
|General Studies (Degree Standard) – 75 Questions||3 Hours||150|
|Aptitude and Mental Ability Test (SSLC Standard) – 25 Questions|
|General Tamil/General English (SSLC Standard) – 100 Questions||150|
|Total 200 Questions||300|
Main Examination (Descriptive Type) and Oral Test
|Subject (Objective type)||Duration||Maximum Marks|
|General Studies (Degree Standard)||3 Hours||300|
|Interview and Record||40|
TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2019
TNPSC Group 2 stage wise syllabus has been given below.
TNPSC Group 2 preliminary exam has been briefly described here.
- General Science
- Current events
- Political science
- History and Culture of India
- Indian Polity
- Indian Economy
- Indian National Movement
- Aptitude & Mental Ability Tests
Candidates can get details about the syllabus for General Tamil if they choose this option from the official notification page.
Part A – Grammar
- Select the correct tense
- Selection the correct word suffix and prefix
- Match the following phrases and words
- select the correct sentence
- Identify the correct degree
- Select the correct plural form
- Select the correct tense
- Fill in the blanks with a suitable Article
- Form Compound Words
- Form a new word by blending the words
- Select the correct question tag
- Fill in the blanks with suitable preposition
- Identify the correct complex, compound and simple sentence
- Find out the odd words
- Find out the errors
- Identify the pattern of the sentence
- Identify the pattern of the sentence
Part-B – Literature
- Figures of speech observed in poems
- Questions on the biography of famous personalities like Mahatma Gandhi, Abraham Lincoln, etc.
- Appreciation questions from poetry
- Questions on Shakespeare
- Important lines from poems
- Questions from Oscar Wilde’s
- British English – American English
- Comprehension questions from the description of places
- Comprehension questions from Motivational Essays
Part C – Authors and Their Literary Works
- Match the poems with poets
- Nature-centred literary works and global issue conservation and environment
- Matching the poets and their poems
- To which period the poets belong to
- Famous quotes – said by whom?
- Theme observed in literary works
- Works of different authors
- Mention the poems in which specific lines occur
- About the dramatists
- About the poets
- Match the characters with a suitable story title
- Match the author with relevant character
- Drama famous like from characters
- Which nationality the poet belongs to
TNPSC Group 2 Mains Syllabus
TNPSC Group 2 Main exam syllabus is listed below.
General Studies (Degree Standard)
- Current Issues at the state level
- Current issues at the national level
- Socio-economic issues of India/Tamil Nadu
- Administration of Union and States with special reference to Tamil Nadu
- Role and impact of science and technology in the development of India and Tamil Nadu.
For detailed syllabus, candidates are recommended to visit the notification issued by TNPSC for CCSE – II (Group 2).
TNPSC Group 2 selection will be made in successive stages starting from the preliminary examination, followed by the main examination and finally oral test in the form of an interview. The preliminary test is for screening only (qualifying in nature) and the marks secured in the preliminary test will not be added for deciding the final score. The number of candidates shortlisted for the main examination will be 10 times more than the number of vacancies announced for each position.
TNPSC Group 2 Hall Tickets 2019
The hall tickets for the TNPSC Group II recruitment will be made available on the commission’s website. Candidates can expect the hall ticket release to happen a week before the date of the test.
How To Download Hall Ticket?
- Candidates will have to visit the website of the commission at tspsc.gov.in/
- There will be a tab called “hall ticket” in the middle of the homepage
- Here, candidates will have to look for the link for hall ticket for CCSE Group II Recruitment (interview posts)
- Then, they will have to provide their TSPSC ID, date, month and year of exam and they should click “Get”
- They will see the hall ticket displayed on their computer screen
- They can click on the “download” option or “print” option as per their choice. If they choose the former option, they should not forget to print it later.
TNPSC Group 2 Result 2019
Candidates can expect the release of TNPSC Group 2 result to happen one month after the preliminary test. In the same way, they can expect the result for the main examination and the oral test a month after the appropriate test dates. One candidate for every 10 vacancies advertised for different positions will be shortlisted from the preliminary test to the main examination.
How To Check TNPSC Group 2 Result?
- Visit official website of TNPSC
- Click on Combined Civil Services II Result (Prelim/Main/ Interview)
- Download pdf file to check roll numbers of selected candidates or Enter registration number and submit to check the result and marks
- Take printout further reference
TNPSC Group 2 Cut Off 2019
TNPSC Group 2 minimum qualifying mark for the preliminary examination is 90 out of 300. In the case of the main examination and the oral test, the minimum qualifying mark is 102 out of 340.
TNPSC Group 2 Salary
TNPSC Group 2 scale of pay will differ based on the position for which a candidate applies. Candidates can gather this information from the below table.
|Name of the Post||Salary (Pay Scale)|
|Industrial Co-operative Officer (Industries and Commerce Department)||Rs.37200-117600/- Level-19|
|Grade-II Sub Registrar||Rs.36900-116600/- Level-18|
|Assistant Inspector of Labour (Labour Department)|
|Probation Officer (Prison Department)|
|Junior Employment Officer (Employment and Training Department) (Non- Differently Abled)|
|Probation Officer (Social Defence Department)|
|Grade-II Municipal Commissioner||Rs.36400-115700/- Level-16|
|Special Assistant (Vigilance and Anti corruption Department)|
|Assistant Section Officer Cum Programmer in TNPSC|
|(Finance Department in Secretariat) - Assistant Section Officer|
|(Tamil Nadu Legislative Assembly Secretariat) - Assistant Section Officer|
|Assistant Section Officer in TNPSC|
|(Law Department in Secretariat)- Assistant Section Officer|
|Assistant Inspector in Local Fund Audit Department||Rs.35400-112400/- 20 Level-11|
|Audit Inspector (Audit Wing of Hindu Religious & Charitable Endowments Administration Department)|
|Supervisor of Industrial Co-operatives
( Industries and Commerce Department)
|(Handlooms & Textiles Department) -Handloom Inspector|
|(Department of Registrar of Co-operative Societies)- Senior Inspector of Co-operative Societies|
|(Milk Production and Dairy Development Department) - Senior Inspectors|
|Supervisor / Junior Superintendent (Tamil Nadu Agricultural Marketing / Agricultural Business Department)|
|Audit Assistant (Accounts Branch of Highways & Rural Works Department)||Rs.19500-62000/- Level-8|
|Executive Officer, Grade-II in Town Panchayats Department|
|Revenue Assistant (Revenue Department)||Rs.20600-65500/- Level-10|