SSC JE Recruitment 2020 [Vacancy, Exam Date, Apply Online] : SSC JE 2020 Notification will be released by the Staff Selection Commission on 4th August 2020. SSC JE apply online process will commence from 4th August and last date of registration is 3rd Sep2020. SSC JE Exam is conducted in Feb 2021 for the recruitment of the Junior Engineering position in electrical, mechanical, civil and quantity surveying & Contract.
SSC JE date of examination will be notified by the Staff Selection Commission in due course. Interested candidates must go through this article to know important details about SSC JE 2020 such as number of vacancy, registration dates, procedure to apply online, application fee & mode of payment, admit card, exam pattern & syllabus, result, cutoff etc.
- Important Dates
- Application Form
- Apply Online
- Exam Pattern
- Selection Process
- Admit Card
- Cut Off
SSC JE 2020 Important Dates
Candidates should note that the notification for the SSC JE 2020 will be published on 04.08.2020 on the Commission’s website @ ssc.nic.in/. Here is a table to show the tentative dates of SSC JE 2020:
|Date of Notification||4th August 2020|
|Opening Date of Submission of online applications||4th August 2020|
|Closing Date For Submission of Online Applications||3rd September 2020 (till 5:00 PM)|
|Due date for generation of offline challan||5th September 2020 (5.00 P.M.)|
|Due Date to pay Application Fee via Challan||6th Sep 2020|
|Admit Card Download For Paper-I||7 to 8 Days before the Date of Exam for Paper-I|
|Date of paper-I Exam||Feb 2021|
|Declaration of Results for Paper-I||To be notified|
|Admit Card Release For Paper-II||One to two weeks before the Exam Date|
|Date of Paper-II Exam||To be notified|
|Declaration of Results for Paper-II||To be notified|
|Schedule of Document Verification||To be notified|
|Declaration of Final Result/Merit List||To be notified|
SSC JE 2020 Notification
Staff Selection Commission will release SSC JE 2020 notification / detailed advertisement on 4 Aug 2020 through its official website. To download it now, click below.
SSC JE Eligibility 2020
The applicants must be Indian Citizens. In addition, candidates, who are citizens of Bhutan and Nepal, can also apply.
Tibetan Refugees can also apply and those, who have migrated from countries like Vietnam, Malawi, Ethiopia, Zambia, Zaire, Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Sri Lanka, Burma and Pakistan for permanent settlement, can also apply.
However, these candidates other than Indian Citizens will have got a permission certificate from the Government of India.
As on the 1st of January 2020, candidates will have to meet the upper age requirement as notified by the Staff Selection Commission for different positions. Here is the upper age limit specified by SSC for Junior Engineer Position in different government departments:
|Govt Department/ Post||Upper Age limit (In Years)|
|National Technical Research Organisation||30|
|Department of Quality Assurance (Naval)||30|
|Central Water Power Research Station (Civil/Electrical)||Less than 30|
|Director General Border Roads Organisation (Mechanical/Electrical/Civil)||Not more than 30 Years of age.|
|Farrakka Barrage (Civil/Mechanical/Electrical)||30|
|MES (Quality Surveying & Contract)||27|
|Department of Post||More than 18 Years and Less than 27 Years|
|CPWD (Civil & Electrical)||Not More than 32 Years of Age.|
|Central Water Commission (Civil & Mechanical)||Utmost 32 Years|
The upper age limit is relaxable for reserved category candidates as per government norms. Here is a table to show the relaxation applicable for different categories:
|Name of the Category||Upper Age Relaxation|
|Central Government Civilian Employees – SC/ST||10 Years|
|Central Government Civilian Employees - OBC||08 Years|
|Central Government Civilian Employees – General Category||05 Years|
|Ex-Servicemen – SC/ST||08 Years|
|Ex-Servicemen – OBC||06 Years|
|Ex-Servicemen – General||03 Years|
|PH – SC/ST||15 Years|
The educational qualification requirement differs based on the position to which they wish to apply. Accordingly, here are the qualification requirement details:
|Junior Engineer (Mechanical, Electrical and Civil) National Technical Research Organisation, Central Water Power Research Station, Border Roads Organisation, Ministry of Defence, Central Water Commission, Farrakka Barrage Project||Diploma in Mechanical, Electrical and Civil Engineering from an institution or University recognized by the Government|
|Junior Engineer (Mechanical & Electrical), Department of Quality Assurance, Naval||Diploma in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with two years of experience in different fields|
|Junior Engineer (Quantity Surveying & Contract)||Three-year Diploma in Civil Engineering from a recognised University/Institute/Board or equivalent. Otherwise, candidates should have completed their intermediate exam in Building and Quantity Surveying Sub Divisional – II of the Institute of Surveyors (India)|
|Jr. Engineer (Electrical & Mechanical), MES||Electrical & Mechanical Engineering Degree from a Recognised University or three-year Diploma in these disciplines from a recognised university/board/institute with two years of experience in maintenance, execution and planning of electrical & mechanical engineering Works|
|Jr. Engineer (Civil) in Department of Posts and Central Public Works Department||Civil Engineering Diploma from a recognized board/university/institute|
|Jr. Engineer (Electrical), Central Public Works Department||Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical from a recognised board/University|
SSC JE 2020 Application Form
The Application Form for SSC JE 2020 Recruitment will be available online only. So, candidates are recommended to apply online from 4th Aug 2020 and before the closing date i.e., 06.09.2020 (5 PM) for applying to the Staff Selection Commission Junior Engineer Position.
SSC JE 2020 – How To Apply Online?
Candidates will have to follow the procedure given below to apply to the SSC JE Recruitment
- Candidates will have to visit the official website of the Staff Selection Commission at ssc.nic.in/
- On the homepage, they will find a link called “Apply”.
- When they click on this link, they will have different options like CGL, CHSL, Steno C & D, JE, CAPF, Constable-GD, JHT, Others and Departmental Exams.
- When they click on the “JE” Link, they will reach the online application page.
- Before they can apply, candidates will have to register themselves with the website of the Staff Selection Commission.
- On the registration part, candidates will have to provide personal details like Gender, DOB, Mother’s Name, Father’s Name, Name, etc.
- As soon the registration is completed, candidates will find the registration number and password displayed on their screen.
- Candidates will have to take note of these details.
- Thereafter, they will have to log in to the website of SSC to apply online for SSC JE 2020.
- Initially, they will have to fill up the basic details without any mistakes.
- Next, they will have to upload their photograph and scanned copy of their signature, certificate and other documents.
- Then, they will have to pay the required application fee through online mode.
- After submission, they will have to print the application form for the further procedure.
Candidates are recommended to take note of the registration ID and password that they can use if they apply for any other position in the future with the Staff Selection Commission.
SSC JE Fee
The application fee for SSC JE Recruitment is Rs.100. This fee is applicable to general category candidates and there is no fee for women candidates and candidates from SC/ST/PH and Ex-Servicemen category. Candidates will have to pay the application fee either through Net Banking/Credit/Debit Bank or through SBI Challan. Candidates should remember that fee once paid will not be refunded under any situation.
When applying, candidates are recommended to make sure that they have the following documents ready:
- Scanned Copy of their Photograph
- Scanned copy of the signature of the candidate
- Credit Card/Debit Card Details for payment of application fee.
- Certificates of the qualifying examination.
- Class X certificate for Date of Birth
SSC JE Exam Pattern 2020
- SSC JE Exam Pattern consist of 2 stages, CBT Objective Paper 1, Descriptive Paper 2.
- CBT Paper 1 have General Intelligence & Reasoning for 50 marks, General Awareness for 50 marks, General Engineering respective subject for 100 marks, total exam duration is 2 hours.
- Paper 2 descriptive test will have respective General Engineering subject for 300 marks and exam duration is 2 hours.
- Total marks of SSC JE Paper 1 and Paper 2 is 500.
- For the paper- I, there will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer. There will not be any negative marking for questions that are not attempted by the candidates.
|Papers||Mode of Exam||Topics||Total Marks||Duration|
|Paper – 1|
|Computer-Based-Test||General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||2 Hours|
|Part A: General Engineering (Civil & Structural) or ||100|
|Part B: General Engineering (Electrical) |
|Part C: General Engineering (Mechanical)|
|Paper – 2|
|Written Examination||Part A: General Engineering (Civil & Structural) or||300||2 Hours|
|Part B: General Engineering (Electrical) or|
|Part C: General Engineering (Mechanical)|
SSC JE 2020 Syllabus
For detailed SSC JE Syllabus 2020, candidates can visit the official syllabus page by clicking here.
Standard of questions in the subjects of engineering will be in the level of diploma in engineering.
(i) General Intelligence & Reasoning
Verbal and non-verbal type Questions
Analogies, similarities, verbal and figure classification, problem solving, analysis, differences, space visualization, judgement, discrimination, observation, decision making, visual memory, relationship concepts, arithmetical number series, arithmetical reasoning, etc.
(ii) General Awareness
Environment, current events, Questions on India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining toEconomic Scene, History, General Polity, Culture, Geography, and Scientific Research etc.
(iii) General Engineering (Civil and Structural), (Electrical & Mechanical)
Part – A (Civil Engineering)
Soil Mechanics,Estimating, Costing and Valuation, Irrigation Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Building Materials, Surveying, Hydraulics, Environmental Engineering. Structural Engineering: Concrete Technology, RCC Design,Theory of Structures, Steel Design.
Part – B (Electrical Engineering)
Circuit law, Electrical Machines, Fractional Kilowatt Motors and single phase induction Motors, Electrical Engineering Basic concepts,Magnetic Circuit,Generation, Transmission and Distribution, AC Fundamentals, Measurement and Measuring instruments, Synchronous Machines, Estimation and Costing, Utilization and Electrical Energy, Basic Electronics.
Part – C (Mechanical Engineering)
Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials,1st Law of Thermodynamics, 2nd Law of Thermodynamics, Theory of Machines and Machine Design, Properties of Pure Substances, IC Engines Combustion, IC Engine Cooling & Lubrication, Rankine cycle of System, Fitting & Accessories,IC Engine Performance, Air standard Cycles for IC Engines, Air Compressors & their cycles, Boilers, Classification, Specification, Refrigeration cycles,Nozzles & Steam Turbines, Principle of Refrigeration Plant.
Fluid kinematics, Dynamics of Ideal fluids, Properties & Classification of Fluids, Fluid Statics, basic principles, Centrifugal Pumps,Measurement of Fluid Pressure, Hydraulic Turbines, Measurement of Flow rate, Classification of steels.
Part – A : Civil & Structural Engineering
- Building Materials
- Estimating, Costing and Valuation
- Soil Mechanics
- Environmental Engineering
- Irrigation Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Theory of structures
- RCC Design
- Steel Design
- Concrete Technology
Part – B (Electrical Engineering)
- Basic concepts
- AC Fundamentals
- Synchronous Machines
- Generation, Transmission and Distribution
- Estimation and costing
- Measurement and measuring instruments
- Circuit law
- Magnetic Circuit
- Electrical Machines
- Utilization of Electrical Energy
- Basic Electronics
Part – C (Mechanical Engineering)
- Theory of Machines and Machine Design
- Thermal Engineering
- Fluid Mechanics & Machinery
- Production Engineering
- Selection Process
- Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials
SSC JE Selection Process
As the first step of the selection process in SSC JE Recruitment, the computer-based examination, which is the paper I will be conducted. Followed by this, offline written examination, which is paper 2, will be conducted. Following these two tests, document verification will take place. Final list of selected candidates will be based on the merit in both the paper 1 and paper 2.
In case of tie in the marks, the following order will be considered.
- Paper 2 marks
- Paper 1 marks
- Date of Birth – Older age will be considered
- Alphabetic order of first name
SSC JE 2020 Admit Card
SSC JE admit card 2020 release to happen around a week before the test. Candidates can download the admit card from the official website of the Staff Selection Commission, from where they will be directed to the appropriate regional SSC website, from where they can download the admit card. Separate admit cards for Paper 1 and Paper 2 are to be downloaded before the examination.
How To Download SSC JE Admit Card?
Candidates can follow the process given below for downloading the admit card:
- They will have to visit the official website of the SSC at https://ssc.nic.in/
- On this website, they will find a link called “Admit Card” on the top of the website among other options
- When they click on the admit card option, they will be taken to the following page: https://ssc.nic.in/Portal/AdmitCard.
- On this page, candidates will find links to the regional websites.
- Candidates will have to click on the appropriate link based on the region to which they belong.
- On the regional website, they will have to look for the link to Admit Card.
- When they click on the link to the admit card, they will have to click on the link that shows SSC JE 2020.
- When they click on this link, they will be prompted to enter their registration number and DOB.
- They should enter the registration number and date of birth and should submit it.
- The resulting page will show their admit card for SSC JE.
- Candidates should make sure that the details in the admit card are correct before downloading it.
- Then, they will have to download the admit card and should take print out of the same.
Candidates should follow the same process for downloading the Paper II if they are shortlisted.
SSC JE Result 2020
The result for the SSC JE will be released on the official website of the SSC. Candidates will have to check the official website of SSC for updates on the exact date of the release of results. Both Paper 1 and Paper 2 of SSC JE results can be checked by following the mentioned process.
- Visit SC Official website
- Candidates will find a link called Result on the top menu of the website of SSC.
- When they click on this link, they will find the link to the SSC JE result along with links to the recruitment exams conducted by SSC for other positions.
- When they click on this link, they will find the list of names of candidates selected.
SSC JE 2020 Cut Off
The Cut-off is the least score that the SSC declares for each stage of the recruitment for SSC JE position. Only candidates securing more than the minimum cut-off will be ranked for the further selection process. The final rank list will be published by the Staff Selection Commission based on the marks they scored in the paper 1 and paper 2.
SSC JE 2017 cut off of Paper 1 and Final cut off (Paper 1 + Paper 2) is given below
|Paper 1 (200 Marks)|
|Paper 1 + Paper 2 (500 Marks)|
SSC JE Salary
SSC Junior Engineers salary Pay Band (JE, Group B, Non-Gazetted) will be of Rs.in Level- 6 (Rs 35400-112400/-) of pay matrix of 7th central pay commission.
SSC JE 2020 FAQs
Q. What Are The Dates For Applying Online?
A. Interested candidates can apply online on the website of the Commission from 4th Aug to 3rd Sep 2020 (5:00 pm).
Q. What Are SSC JE 2020 Exam Dates?
A. SSC JE 2020 exam dates will be as follows.
- Date of Paper-I: Feb 2021
- Date of Paper-II (Conventional): Notified later
Q. Who Are Exempted From Paying The SSC JE 2020 Application Fee?
A. Candidates belonging to reserved categories are exempted from paying the SSC JE 2020 application fee.
Q. What Are The Modes Available For The Payment Of SSC JE 2020 Application Fee?
A. Candidates can pay the fee in both online and offline modes. To pay application fee online, they will have to use their debit card / credit card or net banking. The fee can be paid offline using e-challan.
Q. When SSC JE 2020 Result Will Be Announced?
A. Dates for the announcement of SSC JE 2020 will be disclosed by the Commission only after conducting the exam.