TSPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2021 has been explained in detail along with the exam pattern. Telangana Public Service Commission will be conducting a written exam for the recruitment of candidates for various posts of Group 2. The written exam will be conducted offline that contain 4 papers for a total of 600 marks. Each paper will be conducted for 2 hr 30 min.
Candidates can find TSPSC Group 2 exam pattern, syllabus, and other important information that will be useful in their preparation. The candidates who will be applying for the TSPSC Group 2 recruitment 2021 must prepare by keeping the written exam pattern and syllabus with them.
TSPSC Group 2 Important Dates
In the table given below, we will update all the dates related to TSPSC Group 2 examination as soon as Telangana State Public Service Commission will announce them.
|TSPSC Group 2 Event||Date|
|Admit card||One week before the exam|
|Examination||To be notified|
|Result||To be notified|
TSPSC Group 2 Exam Pattern
Telangana Group 2 exam will be conducted offline on OMR sheets. Candidates have to answer multiple-choice objective questions in order to qualify the TSPSC Group II examination. All the candidates who have successfully completed the online application process will be called for the written exam and qualifying the written exam will be necessary to become eligible for the further recruitment process.
- TSPSC Group 2 exam will be divided into 4 papers, each for 150 marks.
- Candidates will get 2 hours and 30 minutes to answer all the questions in each paper.
- All the questions will be objective in nature.
- For each correct answer, candidates will get 1 mark and there will be no negative marking, so the candidates can answer all the questions without the fear of losing any marks.
|Paper||Subject||Number of questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|I||General Studies and General Abilities||150||150||2 hours 30 minutes|
|II||History, Society and Polity||(3 x 50)||(150)||2 hours 30 minutes|
|i. Socio Cultural History of India||50||50|
|ii. Overview of Indian Constitution and Politics||50||50|
|iii. Social Structure, Issues and Public Policies||50||50|
|III||Economy and Development||(3 x 50)||(150)||2 hours 30 minutes|
|i. Indian Economy – issues and challenges||50||50|
|ii. Economy and Development of Telangana||50||50|
|iii. Issue of Development and change||50||50|
|IV||Telangana Movement and State Formation||(3 x 50)||(150)||2 hours 30 minutes|
|i. The Idea of Telangana (1948 – 1970)||50||50|
|ii. Mobilization Phase (1971 – 1990)||50||50|
|iii. Towards Formation of Telangana State (1991-2014)||50||50|
TSPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2021
Candidates who will be appearing for the TSPSC Group 2 exam will have to prepare according to the syllabus provided by Telangana Public Service Commission. Telangana Group 2 syllabus is given below.
Paper 1 – General Studies and General Abilities
- General Science
- Policies of Telangana State
- Environmental Issues
- Disaster management
- Prevention and mitigation strategies
- International relations and events
- Current affairs
- Logical reasoning
- Basic English
- History and cultural heritage of India
- Social exclusion
- Rights issues and inclusive policies
Paper 2 – History, Polity, and Society
I – Socio Cultural History Of India and Telangana
- Indus valley civilization
- Early and later Vedic civilization
- Jainism and Buddhism
- Cultural contribution of Mauryas, Guptas, Pallavas Chalukyas
- Harsha and Rajput Age
- Advent of Islam
- Sufi and Bhakti movement
- Literature, Art, and Architecture
- Advent of Europeans
- Socio-cultural conditions in ancient Telangana
II – Overview Of Indian Constitution and Politics
- Evolution of Indian constitution
- Union and states
- Councils of ministers
- Rural and urban governance
- Electoral system
- Judicial system
- New challenges
III – Social Structure, Issue, and Public Policies
- Features of Indian society
- Caste, family, marriage
- Inequality and exclusion
- Child labor
- Human trafficking
- Devadasi system
- Farmer’s distress
- Poverty alleviation
- Women and child welfare
- Tribal welfare
Paper 3 – Economy and Development
I – Indian Economy – Issue and Challenges
- Concept of growth
- Measure of economic growth
- Concepts of poverty
- Income-based poverty
- Planning in Indian economy
II – Economy and Development Of Telangana
- Under development
- Land reforms in Telangana
- Industry and service sectors
III – Issues Of Development and Change
- Development dynamics
- Land acquisition policy
- Social security
- Sustainable development
- Poverty and inequalities
Paper 4 – Telangana Movement and State Formation
I – The Idea Of Telangana (1948 – 1970)
- Distinctive cultural unit
- Economic feature
- People of Telangana
- Merger of Hyderabad state into India
- Formation of popular ministry
- Initial debates and demand for Telangana
- Ambedkar’s view on SRC and smaller states
- Formation of Andhra Pradesh
- Development of Telangana
- Violation of employment and service rules
- Formation of Telangana Praja Samithi
II – Mobilization Phase (1971-1990)
- Rise and spread of the Naxalite movement
- Court judgments on Mulki Rules
- Jai Andhra Movement
- Rise of regional parties
- Quest of Telangana identity
- Language and culture
- Imbalance in political power
- Under the development of Telangana
III – Towards Formation Of Telangana State (1991-2014)
- Public awakening
- Separate Telangana identity
- Establishment of Telangana Rashtra Samithi
- Role of political parties
- Cultural Revivalism in Telangana
- Parliamentary process
- Andhra Pradesh State Reorganization Act.
- Election and victory of Telangana Rashtra Samithi
Note : For a detailed Syllabus of TSPSC Group 2, candidates should refer to the official notification.
TSPSC Group 2 Exam Date 2021
TSPSC Group 2 examination date will soon be announced on the official website of the Telangana State Public Service Commission. Candidates are advised to keep in touch with the official website of TSPSC to get the latest information about the recruitment process. Candidates should also keep their registered mobile number and email id active as all the important information will be conveyed to them through messages on their registered mobile number and email id.
TSPSC Group 2 Selection Process 2021
TSPSC will make a selection of the candidates for Group 2 services by conducting a written exam and interview. All the candidates who apply for the TSPSC Group 2 will be called for the written exam. TSPSC will create a merit list of candidates based on the candidate’s performance and all those candidates shortlisted in the merit list will be called for document verification.
The document verification will be conducted at the commission’s office. Candidates have to bring their original documents with them to the DV venue. After the document verification, a final merit list will be prepared by TSPSC. Only those candidates who get shortlisted in the final merit list will be considered for the final appointment.
TSPSC Group 2 Exam 2021 FAQs
Q. Will There Be Any Negative Marking In TSPSC Group 2 Exam?
A. No, there will not be any negative marking in TSPSC Group 2 exam.
Q. When Will TSPSC Conduct The Group 2 Exam?
A. TSPSC is expected to announce the Group 2 examination date in the upcoming months on its official website.
Q. How Many Papers Will Be There In TSPSC Group 2 Exam?
A. TSPSC Group 2 exam will consist of four papers.