UPSC Combined GeoScientist 2021 Result for Preliminary Exam is expected to be released in April 2021 and the Main Exam result would be released in September 2021. However, the release date of the Final Result is yet to be announced by the UPSC.
Result for Geo-Scientist Exam 2021 will be published in the form of a merit list containing roll numbers of the qualified candidates and the final merit list will also contain names of the qualified candidates along with their roll numbers.
UPSC will also release the scorecard of candidates after the publication of the final result which can be downloaded from the official website @ upsc.gov.in. Information regarding how to check results, how to download scorecard, answer key, cut off marks, etc. is provided below.
Geo-Scientist Important Dates 2021
Important dates about UPSC Geo-Scientist Exam 2021 are given in the table provided below.
|UPSC CGE Event||Date|
|Preliminary Exam||21 Feb 2021|
|Preliminary Result||April 2021 (tentative)|
|Main Exam||17 July 2021|
|Main Result||Sep 2021 (tentative)|
|Interview||To be notified|
|Final result||To be notified|
Geo-Scientist Result Release Date 2021
Three separate results for Combined Geo-Scientist Exam will be published by the UPSC on its official website. Preliminary Exam Result is expected to be released in April 2021 and Main Exam Result will most probably be published in September 2021. After the Personality Test final result will be published, the date for which has not been announced yet.
UPSC will also release the scorecard of the candidates after publishing the final result. Candidates will receive information about the release date of result on their registered mobile number and email id but they should also keep in touch with the official website of UPSC to get the latest updates about result release.
GeoScientist Prelim/Main/Final Exam Result 2021 (link will be activated soon)
How To Check/ Download UPSC CGE Result?
Below we have mentioned the procedure to check UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist Preliminary/Main/Final result and steps to download the scorecard.
For Preliminary and Main Exam
- Go to the official website of UPSC
- Click on “Written Results” link
- Click on the PDF link under download column against “Combined Geo-Scientist Exam”
- A PDF file containing roll numbers of the qualified candidates will open
- Look for your roll number in the merit list
- If your roll number is present then you have qualified the Preliminary / Main Exam
For Final Result
- Open UPSC website @ upsc.gov.in/
- Click on “Final Results” link
- Click on the PDF link under download column against “Combined Geo-Scientist Examination, 2021”
- A merit list containing name, roll number of the qualified candidates will open
- Search your name / roll number (using CTRL + F)
- If your name/roll number is present in the list then you have qualified the Combined Geo-Scientist Exam 2021
Steps To Download Scorecard
UPSC will release the Score Card of the candidates who appear for the Personality Test. To download the scorecard candidates will have to follow the below-mentioned steps
- Visit UPSC website @ upsc.gov.in/
- Click the “Examination” tab
- Click on “Marks Information”
- Click on “click here” link against Combined Geo-Scientist Exam 2021
- Select if you want to login with Registration id or Roll Number
- Enter your registration id/roll number
- Select your date of birth
- Enter security code provided in the image
- Click on “Submit”
- Your scorecard will be displayed
- You can download and take a printout of your scorecard
UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist Answer Key 2021
UPSC will release the Combined Geo-Scientist Answer key on its official website after the declaration of the final result. Candidates will be able to check the answer key by following the below-mentioned steps
- Open UPSC website@ upsc.gov.in/
- Click on the “Examination” tab
- Click on “Answer Keys” link
- Click on the PDF link under “Download” column against “Combined Geo-Scientist Exam 2021”
- A PDF file containing the answer key will be displayed
Details On Result Card/ Score Card
UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist’s result will be published in the form of a merit list. The preliminary and main exam merit list will contain only the roll numbers of qualified candidates. The final merit list will have the name and roll numbers of the qualified candidates.
UPSC will also release the scorecard of the candidates on the official website after publishing the final merit list. The scorecard will contain the following information
- Candidate’s Name
- Roll number
- Father’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Educational Qualification
- Total Marks
- Email ID
UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist Cut Off Marks
UPSC will publish the cut-off marks for each stage of recruitment on its official website and the candidates who appear for the Combined Geo-Scientist Exam will have to score more or equal marks to the cut off in order to qualify each stage of the selection process.
The cut off marks will be determined by UPSC on the basis of performance of candidates, a number of vacancies, and reservation policy. The candidates who fail to score more or equal marks to the cut off will be disqualified from the selection process.
To give the candidates an idea about the cut off marks, we have provided here the cut-off marks for Combined Geologists / Geo-Scientist 2018.
Written Stage Cut Off Marks 2018 (out of 700 marks)
|Post||Gen||OBC||SC||ST||PwBD 1||PwBD 2||PwBD 3|
|Jr. Hydrogeologist (Scientist-B)||228||207||188||–||124||146||–|
Final Stage Cut Off Marks 2018 (out of 900 marks)
|Post||Gen||OBC||SC||ST||PwBD 1||PwBD 2||PwBD 3|
|Jr. Hydrogeologist (Scientist-B)||355||325||294||–||222||272||–|
Candidates should note that this year the selection process has been changed. So, there will be three stages namely Preliminary Exam, Main Exam, and Personality Test, and candidates will need to qualify each stage by scoring more or equal marks to cut off for each stage as set by the UPSC.
UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist Result 2021 FAQs
Q. How Many Marks Will I Need To Score In Order To Qualify UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist Exam 2021?
A. UPSC will set the cut off marks after conducting the exam and you will need to score more or equal marks to the cut off in order to qualify each stage of UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist Exam 2021.
Q. When The UPSC Geoscientist Preliminary Exam 2021 Result will be released?
A. UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist Preliminary Exam Result is expected to be released in April 2021 on the official website of UPSC @ upsc.gov.in.
Q. What Things Will Be Required To Download UPSC Geo-Scientist Score Card 2021?
A. Candidates will need to enter their registration id/roll number and date of birth in order to download their Combined Geo-Scientist Score Card from the official UPSC website.