GUJCET Application Form 2019 [Registration Date] : GUJCET notification 2019 is yet to be released, however, the Gujarat Secondary and Higher Education Board shortly called as GSEB has announced that the exam date of GUJCET 2019 is 30th March 2019. This test expanded as Gujarat Common Entrance Test which is conducted for admission of students to the engineering course in different branches in colleges of the state of Gujarat. It is a state-level engineering entrance examination. Candidates can expect the release of complete notification for GUJCET 2019 in January or February 2019.
- Application Form
- Apply Online
- Exam Pattern
- Admit Card
- Cut Off
GUJCET 2019 Important Dates
As mentioned earlier, detailed notification for GUJCET 2019 has not yet been released by the Gujarat Secondary and Higher Education Board. However, here are some tentative dates based on the GUJCET conducted in previous years:
|Issue of Notification for GUJCET 2019||In January or February 2019
|Beginning of application process||Around the second or third week of February 2019
|Last date to apply for GUJCET 2019||Around the first week of March 2019
|Issue of Admit Cards||Third week of March 2019
|Exam date of GUJCET 2019||30th March 2019 (Actual Date)
|The Release of the Official answer key for GUJCET 2019||Around the 1st week of April 2019
|The Declaration of Results for GUJCET 2019||Third or fourth week of April 2019
|Registration For Counselling||End of April to end of May 2019
|Release of Merit List||Third week of June 2019
|List of first allotment||First week of July 2019
|List of second allotment||Third week of July 2019
|Starting of Academic Session ||Third week of July 2019
|Third round of counselling if seats remain vacant after commencement of classes||Fourth week of July to first week of August 2019
GUJCET 2019 Notification
Candidates can expect the notification to be released anytime in January 2019 even though, it is expected commonly in the month of February. They can get to see the notification at the official website of Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board at www.gseb.org/
GUJCET Eligibility 2019
Candidates will have to make sure that they meet the following eligibility requirements before they apply for GUJCET 2019
The applicants must be Indian citizens and also the applicants must be residing in the state of Gujarat. Those, who are residents of Gujarat, but at present live elsewhere in India, are also eligible to apply for GUJCET 2019.
Educational Qualification Requirement
To apply for GUJECT 2019, the applicants must have completed their higher secondary education. Even, those appearing in the 12th examination in March/April 2019 are also eligible to apply. The higher secondary examination must have been completed by the applicants with at least 45% of marks and 40% for reserved category candidates. The higher secondary could have been completed by applicants either from GSEB, central board, CISCE, international school board or NIOS. The higher secondary must have been done in the science stream.
GUJCET 2019 Application Form
Candidates will have to submit the application form for GUJCET 2019 only in online mode. The GSEB will release the online application form around the third week of February 2019. The application form for GUJCET 2019 will ask candidates to enter their personal details, academic details and their contact details. However, candidates can fill up the online application only after they pay the application fee at the help centres. Only then, they will get access to their user ID. Candidates will have to submit the application online before the last date without fail.
How To Apply For GUJCET 2019?
Candidates planning to apply to GUJCET 2019 will have to follow the steps given below:
- As the first step, applicants will have to visit the help centres for the payment of the application fee. They will have to do the payment of the application fee in the form of DD drawn in favor of the Secretary, Gujarat Common Entrance Test Cell payable at Gandhinagar. Once the fee is paid, candidates will get their user ID.
- Using the allotted User ID, applicants will have to register for the examination as the second step.
- As the third step, they will have to fill up the application form. They will have to provide the requested details and they are recommended to make sure that they provide only valid details on the application.
- The fourth step is the uploading of documents. The documents here denote scanned signature and photograph of the applicant. They should check the size of these files from the official notification page.
- The final step is the review of all the details provided in the application before submission. Once they submit, they will get the application number generated by the system. They will get this number to their registered Email ID.
The application fee for GUJCET 2019 is expected to be Rs.300 as it was in 2018. Candidates will have to pay this money in the form of DD.
Documents Needed When Applying GUJCET 2019
As they will have to enter personal and educational qualification details on the application and will have to upload their photograph and signature, here are some documents needed:
- Mark sheet of qualifying examination, which is nothing, but class XII certificate
- Date of birth details as entered in the class X Certificate. So, candidates should have their Class X certificate ready when applying
- Also, they should have the JPEG/JPG files that contain their signature and passport size photograph. Here, candidates are recommended to make sure that the size of these files does not exceed the maximum limit specified in the notification.
GUJCET 2019 Exam Pattern
GUJCET is a state-level entrance examination. The test is conducted by the Gujarat Secondary and Higher Education Board, while the admissions based on GUJECT are conducted by the Admission Committee for Professional Courses. For this UG entrance examination, every year around two lakh student apply and take up for admission to the BE and B. Tech courses in technical colleges in the state of Gujarat. More than 100 institutions in the state participate in the test. The pattern of GUJCET 2019 will be as follows based on the previous year pattern:
For B.Tech and B.E
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks ||Allotted Time
|Subjects||No.of Questions||Marks||Time (In minutes)|
The questions will be in MCQ format and the questions will be given in Gujarati, English and Hindi Languages. Here, candidates will have to take up either biology or mathematics based on the branch of B.E/B. Tech they plan to apply. The test will be conducted only in offline mode and candidates will have to give their answer in OMR Sheets. While every correct answer carries one mark, there will be a negative marking of 0.25 for every wrong answer.
GUJCET Syllabus 2019
The chapters covered in the subjects that are part of GUJCET 2019 are given below:
- Communication Systems
- Electronic Devices
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Electromagnetic induction and alternative currents
- Magnetic effects of magnetism and current
- Current Electricity
- Electro statistics
- Chemistry in everyday life
- Organic Compounds containing nitrogen
- Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Complex Salts or Co-ordination Compound
- F Block Elements
- Surface Chemistry
- Chemical Kinetics
- Phenols and Ethers
- Halo Alkanes and Halo Arenes
- P-Block Elements – II
- General Processes and Principles of Isolation of Elements
- Solid State
- Theory of vectors, three-dimensional geometry and equations
- Sets, Functions & Relations
- Permutation & Combination
- Matrices Determinants
- Indefinite Integration
- Definite Integration
- Complex Numbers
- Ecology and its environment
- Biotechnology and its application
- Biology and human welfare
- Genetics and Evolution
- Human Physiology
- Plant Physiology
- Cell Structure and Function
- Structural Organization and Animals and Plants
- Diversity in Living World
There will be questions from the following biotechnology chapters as well for candidates taking up Biology in GUJECT 2019:
- Cell Structure and Genetic Manipulation
- Protein and gene manipulation
- Genetics & molecular biology
- Cell and Development
- Introduction to Biotechnology
GUJCET 2019 Selection Process
After the GUJCET 2019, the convening authority will release the results tentatively in the month of May or June. On the basis of the results, the authorities will subsequently release the merit list. Category and subject-wise merit list will be published and on the basis of this merit list, candidates will be called for counselling. The final selection will be done based on counselling.
Reservation Of Seats
As per GUJCET 2019 Notification, seats are reserved for certain category of students as given below.
|Ex- Servicemen children||1|
|Unreserved EWS (economically weaker sections)||10|
GUJCET Admit Card 2019
Candidates, who have successfully applied to GUJCET 2019 will alone get their admit cards. Candidates can write the exam only when they have admit card.
How To Download GUJCET 2019 Admit Card?
- Candidates will have to click on the link that shows Admit Card on the official website of GUJCET
- They will have to enter their application number or name and click on the “Submit” option
- They will see the admit card displayed on the screen
- They will have to ensure the correctness of the details in admit card
- Finally, they will have to download the admit card and will have to print it.
GUJCET 2019 Result
The result for GUJCET 2019 will be released on the official website. Candidates will have to download the same. Followed by the result, the merit list will also be published and based on the merit list candidates will be called for counselling. The better they score in the GUJCET higher are the chances that they will be called for counselling.
GUJCET 2019 Cut Off
The cut-off is the least mark that the test-takers will have to secure in GUJCET to qualify to be a part in the merit list and for counselling. The convening authority will publish the cut-off considering different factors.