IBPS Clerk 2018 Syllabus : IBPS Clerk 2018 exam pattern has been explained here as per latest notification, with the release of notification, you will be able to appear for the next Common Recruitment to be organized and conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection for selection of personnel for clerical cadre posts in the participating Banks / Organisations. But before that you must aware of IBPS Clerk 2018 exam pattern along with scheme of exam, syllabus & selection procedure.
In this post, find details on IBPS Clerk 2018 exam pattern, scheme of examination, syllabus and selection procedure.
IBPS Clerk 2018 Exam Pattern
- Stage 1 : Preliminary examination
- Stage 2 : Main examination
Detailed View Of IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern 2018
IBPS Clerk 2018 exam pattern includes two phases of examination. The first one will be a preliminary examination and the other will be a main examination. Both phases of examinations will be organized as well as monitored by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. Both the examinations will be held in upcoming months at several examination centres across the nation.
IBPS Clerk Preliminary Examination
All those banking job aspirants who are eligible and would apply for the Common Recruitment Process (CWE Clerks –VIII) will get a chance to appear for IBPS Clerk 2018 preliminary examination which will be conducted online. This examination will have three tests having total 100 MCQs to be solved in composite time of 1 hour. Each MCQ will be of 1 mark. So, maximum marks will be 100. Name of tests with syllabus & no. of questions is given below
- Reasoning Ability – This test will have 35 MCQs of 35 marks on puzzles, seating arrangement, data sufficiency, input / output, syllogisms, blood relation, order & ranking, coding / decoding, logical reasoning, inequalities, direction etc.
- Numerical Ability – It will have 35 MCQs of 35 marks on boat, stream & train, mensuration, speed, time & distance, allegation & mixture, partnership, pipe & cistern, time & work, age, ration & proportion, simple & compound interest, average, profit & loss, percentage etc.
- English Language – This test will have 30 MCQs of 30 marks on para completion, vocabulary, sentence corrections, phrase replacement, error spotting, cloze test, para jumbles, fill in the blanks and reading comprehension.
Points To Be Remembered About Online Preliminary Exam
|To qualify preliminary exam, candidates should have to score minimum or above cut-off marks in each of the 3 tests|
|IBPS will decide section wise as well as overall cut-off marks.|
|Penalty is applicable in each of the 3 tests. For each wrong selection of answer, 0.25 marks will be subtracted from final scores|
|There will be no penalty if a question is unanswered or left blank|
|Tests will be available bilingually, i.e. English & Hindi, except the test of English language|
IBPS Clerk 2018 Preliminary Exam Date & Centres
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection will conduct preliminary examination between 08.12.2018, 09.12.2018,15.12.2018 & 16.12.2018 under Common Recruitment Process for Clerical cadre Posts in Dec 2018 in venues across many centres in India. Names of few are given below
Hooghly, Howrah, Yamuna Nagar, Panipat, Dehradun, Tezpur, Bhilai, Bilaspur, Raipur, Greater-Noida, Gurgaon, Himatnagar, Jamnagar, Mehsana, Thanjavur, Thiruchirapalli, Vadodara, Mohali, Pathankot, Ajmer, Ahmedabad, Anand, Nagercoil, Namakkal, Perambalur, Salem, Gandhinagar, Asansol, Bardhaman, Berhampur, Durgapur, Greater Kolkata, Sonipat, Tirunelveli, Vellore, Palwal, Mysore, Shimoga, Udupi, Angul, Balasore, Bargarh, Baripada, Ludhiana, Alwar, Bhilwara, Bikaner, Jaipur, Thoothukodi, Rajkot, Surat, Madurai, Kalyani, Roorkee etc.
IBPS Clerk Main Examination
Candidates who score minimum cut-off marks in each of the three tests of preliminary examination will be called to appear for the IBPS Clerk 2018 main examination which will be conducted online on 20.01.2019.
IBPS Clerk 2018 main examination will have total 190 objective type questions of 200 marks. 190 MCQs will be further divided into 4 tests, named as –
- General/ Financial Awareness – In this test, IBPS Clerk 2018 main exam aspirants are required to solve 50 MCQs of 50 maximum marks in 35 minutes only. MCQs will be on Banking & financial awareness, general knowledge, static awareness, national / international current affairs etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude – This test will have 50 MCQs of 50 marks with time limit of 45 minutes. MCQs will be on boat, average, profit & loss, pipe & cistern, allegation & mixture, time & work, age, ration & proportion, stream & train, mensuration, speed, time & distance, partnership, simple & compound interest, percentage etc.
- Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude – There will be 50 MCQs of 60 marks with time duration of 45 minutes. MCQs will be on Basics of Computer along with terminologies, internet, networking, operating system, computer hardware, keyboard shortcuts, Microsoft office, computer abbreviation etc. & syllogism, alphanumeric series, data sufficiency, tabulation, blood relations problems, coded inequalities, logical reasoning, coding / decoding, input / output, ranking / direction / alphabet test, seating arrangement etc.
- General English – In this test, there will be 40 MCQs (each of 1 mark) to be solved in 35 minutes on topics such as para completion, vocabulary, sentence corrections, phrase replacement, error spotting, cloze test, para jumbles, fill in the blanks and reading comprehension.
Points To Be Remembered About Online Mains Exam
|IBPS Clerk 2018 main exam will be an online objective test|
|There will be penalty for selecting wrong answer. 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer|
|MCQs will be available in both Hindi & English languages, except the MCQs of English language test|
|Time allotted for each test will be different|
|Total time duration will be 160 minutes|
|To be considered for provisional allotment, candidates are needed to score minimum marks in each of the tests|
|Test wise minimum marks and overall cut-off marks will be decided by IBPS|
IBPS Clerk 2018 Mains Exam Date & Centres
Reports say IBPS Clerk 2018 main examination will be held on 20.01.2019 in few cities of India. Names of cities / towns in which IBPS Clerk 2018 main examination is likely to be conducted by IBPS are given below
Hooghly, Kalyani, Greater Kolkata, Dehradun, Agra, Allahabad, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut, Varanasi, Agartala, Hyderabad, Chennai, Madurai, Tirunelveli, Gangtok, Jaipur, Bhatinda, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Patiala, Puducherry, Bhubaneshwar, Kohima, Aizawl, Shillong, Imphal, Aurangabad, Mumbai/Thane/Navi Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Bhopal, Indore, Kavaratti, Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram, Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, Arrah, Hajipur, Patna, Guntur, Kurnool, Vijaywada, Vishakhapatnam, Port Blair etc.
Note- IBPS clerk 2018 preliminary & main examination aspirants are required to know that request for change of examination centre shall not be accepted / entertained by IBPS.
After conducting online main examination, IBPS will prepare a final merit list on the basis of marks obtained by candidates in the main examination. IBPS will use the same merit list in provisional allotment process. Further details regarding this will be made available by IBPS on its website.
List Of Documents To Be Produced At The Time Of Joining
At the time of joining, candidates are required to produce and submit the below given documents / papers in original as well as self-attested photocopies in support of eligibility-
- Hard copy of the online application form submitted for CWE Clerks – VIII
- Class X / SSLC certificate or mark sheet for proof of date of birth. Otherwise, birth certificate issued by the respective authorities
- Graduation certificates / mark sheets
- Category certificate (for SC / ST / OBC category candidates only)
- PwD certificate issued by the competent authorities (if applicable)
- Photo ID proof (Driving Licence / Passport / PAN card / Bank Passbook / Voter’s card)
- Experience certificates, if any
- ‘No Objection Certificate’ (only for those candidates who are serving in Government offices)
- Any other relevant documents in support of eligibility
Read : IBPS Clerk Results
Quick look of IBPS Clerk 2018
|Official notification will be available from||Sept 14, 2018|
|No. of vacancies||7275|
|Online registration / modification of application can be done between||18.09.2018 to 10.10.2018|
|Online preliminary exam||08.12.2018, 09.12.2018,|
15.12.2018 & 16.12.2018
|Main examination will be on||20.01.2019|
|Provisional Allotment||April 2019|
|IBPS Clerk 2018 Official website||www.ibps.in|
After reading all this, if you still have any question / feedback then feel free to contact us. We wish you Best of Luck.