IBPS Clerk 2018 Eligibility criteria is an important factor to apply for the recruitment of IBPS Clerk. IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) conducts the IBPS Clerk 2018 exam and to apply and appear in the entrance exam amongst thousands of candidates you must fulfill the eligibility criteria set for the IBPS Clerk 2018 exam.
All the information related to IBPS Clerk 2018 eligibility criteria is provided below in this post along with other essential details like when & how to apply, examination centers, application fees and lot more.
To make sure whether you are qualified or not for the IBPS Clerk exam of 2018, you must know and satisfy the IBPS Clerk 2018 eligibility criteria. Only eligible candidates will be allowed to appear for the recruitment exam conducted by IBPS.
There are several categories and criteria that have to be satisfied by the aspirant to be eligible for the exam. So, read on to know the IBPS Clerk 2018 eligibility criteria in detail.
- Candidate must be a Citizen of India OR
- Either a subject of Nepal or Bhutan OR
- A refugee from Tibet who migrated before 1962, and has permanently settled down in India only OR
- A candidate of Indian origin who has permanently settled in India from countries like Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Vietnam, Uganda, Burma, Kenya’s East African countries and Malawi.
Note: A valid citizenship certificate issued by the Government of India has to be produced by all the candidates (except citizens of India) belonging to the above-mentioned categories at the time of interview.
Age Limit (As on 1st Sept 2018)
- Minimum age – 20 years
- Maximum age – 28 years
NOTE: The maximum age limit of 28 years is only for General category candidates. IBPS provides a relaxation in the age limit for the other category aspirants as per the Government rules.
Relaxation Of Upper Age Limit
|Physically Disabled Persons||10 years|
|Divorced women, widows and women who are not married again after legal separation from their husbands||9 years|
|Scheduled Caste (SC) or Scheduled Tribe (ST)||5 years|
|People affected by the riots of 1984||5 years|
|Persons who have a domicile of State of Jammu and Kashmir||5 years|
|Union Carbide Factory’s regular employees, people of Bhopal retrenched from service (Only applicable to candidates belonging to the state of Madhya Pradesh)||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBCs)||3 years|
|Disabled Ex-Servicemen and Ex-Servicemen||Maximum age limit of 50 years with actual period of service in defence forces and additional 3 years or 8 years for Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC or ST|
All the candidates who wish to seek age relaxation as per their category should have caste certificate and/ Or other relevant documents issued by the Government of India and other competent authority. All the necessary documents will have to be produced at the time of joining during verification of documents.
Several Rules That Should Be Followed To Seek Age Relaxation In Ex-Servicemen Category Are As Follows:
- All those people come under Disabled Ex-Servicemen who were disabled while serving in the Armed Forces of the Union and fighting for an operation against the enemy. Only such persons are treated as Disabled Ex-Servicemen.
- The Government of India has laid down a specific definition for Ex-Servicemen under Ministry of Home Affairs, Department of Personnel and Administrative Reforms Notification No. 36034/5/85 Estt. (SCT) dated October 27, 1986. The definition is amended from time to time and only the candidates who satisfy this definition fall under the criteria of Ex-Servicemen.
- The status of re-employment for Ex-servicemen in Central Government jobs ceases if he or she has once availed the benefits by joining the government job on civil side.
- Only those Ex-Servicemen are eligible to apply for IBPS Clerk 2018 exam that have completed their specific period in Armed forces one year before the last date of filling the online application form.
- Candidate must be a graduate from a recognized University in any discipline or qualification equivalent to it recognized by the Central government
- While doing the online registration, candidate must have the graduation degree or degree equivalent to that and should also mention the percentage or marks obtained in it
- Candidates should have studied Information Technology (IT) or Computer as a subject in High School, College. Or he or she should have a diploma or certificate or degree in computer operations or language
- The official and local language of the state you wish to apply should be proficient enough
Ex-Servicemen who have completed at least 15 years of service period in Armed Forces of the Union and do not possess above qualification, then they should have Army Special Certificate of Education or certificate by Air Force or Navy.
IBPS Clerk 2018 Important dates
|Opening / Closing of online registration||Oct 2019|
|Online fees submission can be done between||-|
|Pre- Exam Training will starts from||Nov 2019|
|Online Call letters for Preliminary exam will be available to download||Nov 2019|
|Preliminary exam [Online]||07, 08, 14 and 15 of Dec 2019|
|Preliminary exam result||by the end of Dec 2019|
|Online Call letters for IBPS Main exam will be available to download||Jan 2020|
|Main exam [online] on||Jan 19, 2020|
|Provisional Allotment||April 2020|
IBPS Clerk 2018 Exam Pattern
The exam for IBPS Clerk 2018 will occur in two parts:
- Preliminary exam
- Mains exam
The scheme for both the exams will have slight differences. The subjects included in both exams are mentioned here:
|Name of Exam||Name of subject|
|Preliminary Exam||English Language
|Mains Exam||General or Financial Awareness
Reasoning and Computer Aptitude
For clearing the entrance exam of IBPS Clerk 2018, the candidate must have thorough knowledge of all the subjects covered in both the exams. Candidate must stay updated with current affairs, general knowledge, tips and tricks to qualify the exam.
IBPS Clerk 2018 Salary / Pay Scale
- The basic pay salary of a bank clerk is INR 11765
- And the gross salary is INR 19589.87.
- The salary may be almost similar in both government and private banks, but the allowances provided by them may differ.
- Salary of bank clerks will be higher in the metropolitan cities as compared to rural areas.
To mop-up, we would remind all the aspiring candidates of IBPS Clerk 2018 exam to check and read the eligibility conditions and criteria before filling the application form to avoid cancellation at document verification stage.
IBPS Clerk 2018 Participating Banks
Report says, in next Common Recruitment Process, nearly 20 national banks / organizations will participate. Names of the participating banks / organizations are given below
|Corporation Bank||Dena Bank|
|Allahabad Bank||Andhra Bank|
|Bank of Maharashtra||Bank of Baroda|
|Bank of India||IDBI Bank|
|Oriental Bank of Commerce||Indian Overseas Bank|
|Indian Bank||United Bank of India|
|Union Bank of India||UCO Bank|
|Syndicate Bank||Vijaya Bank|
|Punjab & Sind Bank||Punjab National Bank|
|Canara Bank||Central Bank of India|
We wish you Best of Luck for IBPS Clerk 2018 aspirants.