IBPS Clerk 2020 Eligibility criteria such as age limit, educational qualification are an important factor to apply for IBPS clerk vacancy available in participating organizations. Candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria prescribed for the IBPS Clerk 2020 exam to be eligible for the IBPS Clerk examination.
Any candidate who aspires to join as Clerk in the participating banks must check eligibility criteria in terms of Nationality, Age Limit, and Educational Qualifications. Only eligible candidates must apply online for the IBPS Clerk recruitment exam. Information related to IBPS Clerk 2020 eligibility criteria is provided below.
IBPS Clerk 2020 Important Dates
|Online registration||September to October 2020|
|Online fees submission||September to October 2020|
|Pre- Exam Training will starts from||25 Nov 2020 - 30 Nov 2020|
|Online Call letters for Preliminary exam||Nov 2020|
|Preliminary exam [Online]||07, 08, 14 and 21 of Dec 2020|
|Preliminary exam result||End of Dec 2020|
|Online Call letters for IBPS Main exam||Jan 2021|
|Main exam [online]||Jan 19, 2021|
|Final result||April 2021|
|Provisional Allotment||April 2021|
IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2020
Candidates must satisfy the eligibility conditions prescribed for the post of IBPS Clerk.
- Candidate must be a Citizen of India (OR)
- Either a subject of Nepal or Bhutan (OR)
- A refugee from Tibet who migrated before 1st Jan 1962, with an intention of permanently settling in India (OR)
- A Person of Indian origin who has migrated from Burma, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, East African countries of Kenya, Vietnam, Uganda, Burma, Zambia, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Malawi with permanently settling in India.
Note: A valid certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India has to be produced by all the candidates (except citizens of India) belonging to the above-mentioned categories.
Age Limit (As on 1st Sept 2020)
Candidate must have a minimum age of 20 years and Maximum age of 28 years i.e., Candidate must have been born between 02 Sept 1992 and 01 Sept 2000 (both dates inclusive).
- Minimum age – 20 years
- Maximum age – 28 years
Relaxation Of Upper Age Limit
The maximum age limit of 28 years is only for General category candidates. IBPS provides a relaxation in the upper age limit for the other category aspirants as per the Government rules.
|Physically Disabled Persons||10 years|
|Divorced women, widows and women who are not married again after legal separation from their husbands||9 years|
|Scheduled Caste (SC) or Scheduled Tribe (ST)||5 years|
|People affected by the riots of 1984||5 years|
|Persons who have a domicile of State of Jammu and Kashmir||5 years|
|Union Carbide Factory’s regular employees, people of Bhopal retrenched from service (Only applicable to candidates belonging to the state of Madhya Pradesh)||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBCs)||3 years|
|Disabled Ex-Servicemen and Ex-Servicemen||Maximum age limit of 50 years with actual period of service in defence forces and additional 3 years or 8 years for Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC or ST|
Candidates claiming age relaxation as per their category should have caste certificate and/ Or other relevant documents issued by the Government of India or other competent authority. All the necessary documents will have to be produced at the time of joining during the verification of documents.
Several Rules for Age Relaxation In Ex-Servicemen Category
- Disabled Ex-Servicemen are persons disabled while serving in the Armed Forces of the Union fighting in an operation against the enemy. Only such persons are treated as Disabled Ex-Servicemen.
- The Government of India has laid down a specific definition for Ex-Servicemen under the Ministry of Home Affairs, Department of Personnel and Administrative Reforms Notification No. 36034/5/85 Estt. (SCT) dated October 27, 1986. The definition is amended from time to time and only the candidates who satisfy this definition fall under the criteria of Ex-Servicemen.
- The status of re-employment for Ex-servicemen in Central Government jobs ceases if he or she has once availed the benefits by joining the government job on the civil side.
- Only those Ex-Servicemen are eligible to apply for IBPS Clerk 2020 exam that has completed their specific period in Armed forces one year before the last date of filling the online application form.
- Candidate must be a Graduate from a recognized University in any discipline or qualification equivalent to it recognized by the Central government.
- While doing the online registration, the candidate must have a graduation degree or degree equivalent to that and should also mention the percentage of marks obtained in it.
- Candidates should have studied Information Technology (IT) or Computer as a subject in High School, College. Or he or she should have a diploma or certificate or degree in computer operations or language.
- The official and local language of the state you wish to apply should be proficient enough.
Ex-Servicemen who have completed at least 15 years of service period in the Armed Forces of the Union and do not possess the above qualification should have Army Special Certificate of Education or certificate by Air Force or Navy.
IBPS Clerk 2020 Participating Banks
Names of the participating banks/ organizations are given below
|Corporation Bank||Central Bank of India|
|Allahabad Bank||Andhra Bank|
|Bank of Maharashtra||Bank of Baroda|
|Bank of India||Canara Bank|
|Oriental Bank of Commerce||Indian Overseas Bank|
|Indian Bank||United Bank of India|
|Union Bank of India||UCO Bank|
|Syndicate Bank||Punjab National Bank|
|Punjab & Sind Bank||-|
IBPS Clerk Eligibility 2020 FAQs
Q. What educational qualification is needed to apply for IBPS clerk 2020?
A. Graduation in any discipline is required to apply for IBPS clerk 2020.
Q. What is the age limit to apply for IBPS clerk 2020?
A. As on 01 Sept 2020, candidates should be 20 years old but not have acquired the age of 28 years OR they have been born between 02 Sept 1992 and 01 Sept 2000 (both days inclusive).