SBI PO 2020 Exam Pattern : SBI PO 2020 exam will be held in 3 stages, Prelim, Main exam and Interview. Candidates who fill the online application form successfully will have to appear for the preliminary examination, qualifying which will make them eligible for main exam. Finally after qualifying main exam, the candidates will have to appear for personal interview and group discussion exercise, which will be the final stage of the selection process. More information about SBI PO exam pattern, syllabus and selection process is provided below, so the interested candidates can take a look.
SBI PO Important Dates 2020
Important dates regarding SBI PO Exam will be updated in the table below as soon as they will be announced by SBI.
|Last date to apply||April 1, 2020|
|Preliminary Exam||June 1, 2020|
|Preliminary Result||June 1, 2020|
|Main Exam||July 1, 2020|
|Result||August 1, 2020|
|Interview / Group Discussion||September 1, 2020|
|Final Result||October 1, 2020|
SBI PO Prelim Exam Pattern 2020
SBI PO 2020 preliminary examination will be an online test having 100 multiple choice questions to be solved in maximum 60 minutes. Question paper will be divided into three tests and there will be no sectional cut off/ minimum marks for each test and a candidate has to score minimum aggregate marks at this stage to qualify for Main exam.
|Name of test/section||No. of MCQs||Maximum marks||Duration|
|English Language test||30||30||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude test||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
- Stage I Prelim exam will be held online and consist of 3 tests/sections
- Preliminary exam will only contain 100 objective type MCQs for 100 marks
- Each question carry 1 mark, there will be negative marking for wrong answers, for every incorrect answer 1/4th marks (0.25) assigned to that question will be deducted
- The duration of preliminary exam will be 1 hour
- Prelim exam is qualifying in nature and marks secured in this stage will not be considered for final selection
- Sectional time limit of 20 minutes for each section is given.
SBI PO Main Exam Pattern 2020
SBI PO main examination will be conducted for 200 marks for the candidates who qualify the preliminary exam. Main Exam will consist of objective and descriptive test and both will be held online. On the basis of marks obtained in Phase II/ Main examination, SBI will prepare and release a merit list in Pdf. Phase II shortlisted candidates will have to appear in GD and Interview.
- Objective test – It will be an online test consist of 155 MCQs for 200 marks. This test will be of 3 hours’ duration and consist of four sections. Like Phase I, a candidate need to score minimum aggregate marks to be finalized by SBI and there will be no sectional cut off. In this objective test, each section/test will have separate timing.
|Type of Exam||Name of test/section||No. of MCQs/ Questions||Maximum marks||Time (in minutes)|
|Objective||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45|
|Total||155||200||180 ( 3 hours)|
|Descriptive||English Language (Essay & Letter Writing||2||50||30 min|
- Descriptive test – Just after appearing in objective test, candidates have to appear in an online descriptive test that contain 2 questions. It will be a test of English language (Essay & Letter Writing) of 50 marks to be finished in 30 minutes. Like other tests, candidates have to score minimum marks to qualify this test. Minimum marks for descriptive test will be decided by the State Bank of India.
Note: Candidate qualifying in Main exam objective test will only be considered for descriptive paper evaluation. Other candidates will not be considered for further selection.
- Main exam will be conducted in online mode
- Main exam will have 155 objective questions for 200 marks and 2 descriptive questions for 50 marks
- 3 hours will be given to the candidates for answering MCQs (Objective test) in main exam and for descriptive type questions additional 30 minutes will be provided
- There will be negative marking for objective type questions, for every incorrect answer 1/4th marks assigned to that question will be deducted
- Candidate should score minimum aggregate marks in objective test of main exam and there is no sectional cut off
- Candidates need to qualify descriptive section of main exam by scoring minimum marks which will be set by the bank
SBI PO Group Discussion and Interview
Group discussion will be held for 20 marks and interview will be of 30 marks. The minimum passing marks for group exercises & interview will be decided by the State Bank of India.
SBI PO Syllabus 2020
SBI PO Syllabus for 2020 is provided in the table below, candidates are advised to prepare accordingly for the exam.
SBI PO Prelim Exam Syllabus
|Reasoning Ability||Quantitative Aptitude||English Language|
|Syllogism||Data interpretation||Match the Column|
|Blood Relations||Simplification||Sentence Formation|
|Coding & Decoding||Approximation||Spotting Errors|
|Order and Ranking||Quadratic equations||Para Jumble|
|Input and Output||Data sufficiency||Sentence Improvement|
|Direction Sense||Number series||Cloze Test|
|Data Sufficiency||Data interpretation||Reading Comprehension|
|Inequality||Fill in the Blanks|
SBI PO Main Exam Syllabus
SBI PO Main exam syllabus is as follows.
|Quantitative Aptitude||General Awareness||Reasoning Ability||English Language||Computer Aptitude|
|Pie Chart||Books & Authors||Coding and Decoding||Word Association||Computer Software|
|Simplification||Banking and Financial Awareness||Scheduling||Paragraph Completion||Keyboard Shortcuts|
|Surds and Indices||Technology||Ranking/Direction/Alphabet test||Grammar||Computer Fundamentals|
|Caselet||Sports||Course of Action||Error Spotting||Internet|
|Percentage||Awards||Blood Relations||Sentence Improvement||Computer Hardware|
|Radar Graph||General Knowledge||Alphanumeric Series||Vocabulary||Computer Abbreviation|
|Number System||National & International Events||Seating Arrangement||Cloze Test||Memory|
|Mixtures and Allegations||Static Awareness||Puzzle||Verbal Ability||Microsoft Office|
|Line Graph||Awards||Ordering and Ranking||Reading Comprehension||Operating System|
|Mensuration||Financial Awareness||Input Output||Fill in the Blanks||Networking|
|Data Interpretation||Current Affairs||Analytical and Decision Making||Para Jumbles|
|Ratio and Proportion||Verbal Reasoning|
|Simple and Compound Interest||Syllogism|
|Data Sufficiency||Data Sufficiency|
|Work and Time||Double Line-up|
|Bar Graph||Linear Seating Arrangement|
|Sequence and Series||Circular Seating Arrangement|
|Permutation and Combination||Critical Reasoning|
|Profit and Loss||Directions and Distance|
|Time and Distance||Tabulation|
|Tabular Graph||Coding and Decoding|
SBI PO Group Discussion & Interview Topics 2020
- Digital India
GST and its effects
- Economic Slowdown
- Role of effective credit rating
- Why NSG is so important in today’s time?
- Merger of SBI is a good or bad thing?
- What would be the impact if Rail and General Budget had merged much earlier?
- Wind vs. Solar energy
- Ease of doing Business
- Abrogation of Article 370
- Benefits of Mutual fund Investments
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
- Reservations in education and jobs
- Do you think people are misusing the right to freedom?
- Should cleanliness be considered as a fundamental duty of every citizen?
- Are the old schemes being launched by the Government under different names?
- Pros and cons of One Rank One Pension Scheme
SBI PO Preparation Tips 2020
Candidates can greatly benefit if they incorporate the following habits or points into their preparation routine
- Time management – create a schedule for study and other activities
- Take online mock tests
- Practice various reasoning exercises, which can be easily found online
- Read “The Economist” to prepare for passage comprehension
- Read basic grammar rules so you can spot the errors easily
- Try solving jumble paragraphs and find the context
- Read in free time to improve vocabulary which will be helpful in answering fill in the blanks questions
- Attempt to answer previous year question papers
- Solve logical puzzles
- Practice classifying things into categories using Venn diagrams
- Try solving numerical equations
- Follow news to get current affairs, and information about the latest trends in computer technology
Books To Prepare For SBI PO
Following books will prove very useful for the candidates preparing for SBI PO Exam.
|Books||Author / Publisher|
|Bank PO Previous Year Solved Paper||Dhankar Experts Group|
|SBI Probationary Officers' Exam||V.V.K. Subburaj (Author)|
|Fast Track Objective Arithmetic||Rajesh Varma (Arihant Publishers)|
|Practice Book By Disha Experts||Disha Experts 3rd Edition|
|New Pattern English Language for SBI PO Exam||By Disha Experts|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||R.S Aggarwal (S.Chand Publisher)|
|Target SBI Bank PO Preliminary & Main Exam||Disha Experts 7th Edition|
|Data Interpretation||Arun Sharma (THM Publication)|
|Magical book on Quicker Mathematics||M Tyra (BSC Publication)|
|Quantum Cat||Sarvesh Kumar Verma|
|Fast Track Objective Arithmetic||Rajesh Verma|
SBI PO Exam Date 2020
SBI PO Preliminary Exam is expected to be held in June 2020 and main exam will most probably be conducted in July 2020. Candidates interested in appearing for SBI PO Exam should keep in touch with the official website @ https://www.sbi.co.in/careers/ to get latest information about the exam dates.
SBI PO Selection Process 2020
SBI PO Selection process will be consist of the following 3 stages
SBI PO Preliminary Exam will be conducted for all the candidates who successfully apply for the recruitment process. Preliminary exam will consist of objective type questions and it will only serve as a screening test for the main exam.
Those who qualify the preliminary exam will be invited to appear in Main exam which will be conducted for 250 marks that include Objective and Descriptive test.
Group Discussion & Interview
Group Discussion and Interview will be the final stage of selection process. Qualifying candidates of the main exam will be called for Group Discussion and Interview, which will be conducted for 20 and 30 marks respectively.
- SBI PO final selection will be made on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the main exam and group discussion and interview stages only
- Marks scored in preliminary will not be taken into consideration while preparing the final merit list
- 250 marks of the main exam will be converted into 75
- 50 marks of GD and interview will be converted into 25
- Final cut off will be determined according to aggregate marks of main exam and GD & Interview i.e. 100 marks
- Those who score more or equal marks to the cut off will be appointed as SBI PO
SBI PO Exam Pattern & Selection Process 2020 FAQs
Q. When SBI PO Prelims Will Be Conducted?
A. SBI PO 2020 prelims shall be conducted in June 2020.
Q. How Many Questions Are Given In SBI PO Preliminary Examination?
A. There will be 100 multiple choice questions in SBI PO preliminary examination.
Q. What Are The Type Of Questions Given In SBI PO Prelim Examination?
A. SBI PO prelim examination consists of only objective type questions.
Q. Is There Main Examination For SBI PO?
A. Yes, there will be main examination to be conducted after prelims only for those who manage to qualify preliminary examination.
Q. How Many Questions Will Be There In SBI PO Main Exam?
A. There will be 155 objective type questions in SBI PO Main Exam.