RPF SI Syllabus 2021 : Railway Protection Force will conduct a Computer Based Exam, Physical Efficiency Test, Physical Measurement Test, and Document Verification followed by a Medical examination to make a selection of the suitable candidates for the post of RPF Sub Inspector.
The date of the exam will be announced soon, meanwhile, candidates planning to appear for the RPF SI Recruitment Exam should gather information about the RPF SI exam pattern, syllabus, selection process and prepare for the exam accordingly. For the convenience of the candidates, we have provided here all the information about the exam pattern, Syllabus and Selection Process.
RPF SI Important Dates
All the important dates regarding the RPF SI Recruitment Process will be updated here as soon they will be announced by RPF
|Last date to apply online||To be notified|
|Admit Card / Hall Ticket||10 days before the exam|
|Result||To be notified|
RPF SI Exam Pattern 2021
- RPF will be conducting three tests to recruit candidates for the RPF SI 2021.
- First, there will be a computer-based test or CBT consisting of 120 Multiple Choice Objective Type Questions for 120 marks.
- Candidates will get 90 minutes to answer all the questions.
- PET or Physical Efficiency Test and Physical Measurement Test (PET) will be conducted for the written test qualified candidates.
- In PET and PMT, the candidates have to perform physical tasks and their physical measurements will be taken.
RPF SI exam structure is briefly explained below.
Computer Based Test (CBT)
|Subject||No of questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|General Awareness||50||50||90 Minutes|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||35||35|
Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
|1600 meters run||6 minutes 30 seconds||-|
|Long Jump||12 feet||9 feet|
|800 meters run||-||4 minutes|
|High Jump||3 feet 9 inch||3 feet|
Physical Measurement Test (PMT)
|SC / ST||160 cm||152 cm|
|Unreserved / OBC||165 cm||157 cm|
|Marathas, Dogras, Garhwalis, Kumaonese, Gorkhas, and other categories specified by Government||163cm||155 cm|
Chest (Male Candidates Only)
|Gorkhas, Dogras, Garhwalis, Kumaonese, Marathas, and other categories specified by Government||80 cm||85 cm|
|Unreserved / OBC||80 cm||85 cm|
|SC / ST||76.2 cm||81.2 cm|
Computer Based Test (CBT)
- RPF SI CBT will be held simultaneously for all the Groups across the country
- Candidates can choose any one of the following languages for the Computer Based Test
- Questions asked in the RPF SI CBT Exam will be of Graduation level
- For each correct answer candidates will receive one mark
- There will be negative marking, for every incorrect answer 1/3 marks assigned to the question will be deducted
- No marks will be deducted for any unanswered question
- The minimum qualifying marks will be 35%, each candidate have to score at least 35% marks in order to qualify the CBT unless the candidate belongs to the SC/ ST category
- For SC / ST category candidates minimum qualifying marks will be 30%
PMT & PET
- Candidates will be called for PMT and PET on the basis of merit in CBT
- No marks will be awarded for PET, it will be qualifying in nature
- Only one chance will be given for 1600 and 800 meter runs and 2 chances will be given for all other events
- Ex-Servicemen will not have to go through PET, but they have to qualify in the PMT
RPF SI Syllabus 2021
Candidates appearing for RPF SI Recruitment Exam 2021 should have to prepare according to the syllabus provided below
- History of India
- Indian Art
- Indian Culture
- Geography of India
- Indian Constitution
- General Science
- Current Events
- General Polity, etc.
- Time and Distance
- Profit and Loss
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Ratio and Proportions
- Mensuration, etc.
General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Non-Verbal Series
- Visual Memory
- Figure Classification
- Number Series
- Coding and Decoding
- Spatial Orientation
- Discriminating Observation
- Problem Solving Analysis
- Verbal and Figure Classification
- Relationship Concepts
- Similarities and Differences
- Statement Conclusion
- Syllogistic Reasoning, etc.
Download RPF SI Syllabus PDF 2021
RPF SI Exam Date 2021
The date for RPF SI Exam 2021 is expected to be announced soon by the Railway Protection Force on its official website @ si.rpfonlinereg.org/. Interested candidates should keep in touch with the official website of RPF to get all the latest information about the RPF SI 2021 Exam and other aspects of the recruitment process.
RPF SI Selection Process 2021
RPF will conduct a three-stage recruitment process to make a selection of suitable candidates. The first stage will be a Computer Based Test followed by PMT & PET and finally, Document verification will be conducted.
Computer Based Test (CBT)
CBT will be conducted for 120 marks and it will contain 120 questions. These questions will be objective type MCQs and candidates have to score at least 35% marks (30% for SC / ST candidates) in order to qualify the CBT. The result of the CBT will be published on the official website of RPF recruitment in the form of a merit list and those who qualify the CBT will have to appear for PET & PMT.
Physical Efficiency and Measurement Test (PET / PMT)
For the Physical Efficiency Test, candidates have to perform various physical tasks such as 1600 / 800 meter runs, high jump, and long jump. PET / PMT will be qualifying in nature and no marks will be awarded for this stage.
For the Physical Measurement Test, height and chest (for only male) measurement of the candidates who qualify the Physical Efficiency Test will be taken and qualifying candidates will be called for document verification.
The candidates have to bring their original documents and self-attested copies of these documents to get them verified. If a candidate does not appear for document verification then he/she will not be considered for final selection, irrespective of their performance in PMT / PET or written exam.
Upon qualifying in PMT/PET, candidates will be called for a Medical examination. The empanelled candidate will get information regarding the venue and date of the medical exam on their registered email and mobile number. Candidates must download the attestation form and fill in the required details and bring it to the medical exam.
RPF SI Recruitment 2021 Exam FAQs
Q. How Many Marks Are Required To Qualify RPF SI Recruitment Exam?
A. Candidate of SC / ST category will have to score 30% and candidates belonging to any other category will have to score at least 35% marks in order to qualify in the RPF SI Recruitment Exam.
Q. What Type Of Questions Will Be There In RPF SI Exam 2021?
A. RPF SI Exam 2021 will consist of objective type Multiple Choice Questions.
Q. How Many Chances Will Be Given To Qualify The Physical Efficiency Test?
A.You will only have one chance to qualify the 1600/ 800 meter run but for all the other tasks 2 chances will be provided.