SSC JE Application form 2020 for Junior Engineer post will be released on 4th August 2020. SSC JE apply online process will be commenced on at SSC website @ssc.nic.in/. The last date for submission of online application will be 3rd September 2020 till 5 PM. Due date for generation of offline challan is 5th Sep and Due Date to pay Application Fee via Challan is 6th Sep 2020.
Candidates can apply online from the starting date of SSC JE registration. However candidates have to submit the application form before the last date. They can continue to check this page or official website of the Staff Selection Commission at ssc.nic.in/ for the regular updates. The SSC JE examination is conducted for the recruitment of Junior Engineers from different engineering branches to work for different government departments in India.
SSC JE Important Dates
Here is a table to show the tentative schedule for the SSC JE 2020
|Notification Date||4th Aug 2020|
|First Date For Submission of online applications||4th Aug 2020|
|Last Date For Submission of Online Applications||3rd Sep 2020 (5:00 PM)|
|Date for offline challan generation||5th Sep 2020 till 5 PM|
|Last date for payment of the Application Fee via SBI Challan||6th Sep 2020|
|Paper-I Admit Card Download Date||7 to 8 Days before the Date of Exam for Paper-I|
|Exam for Paper-I||Feb 2021|
|Result declaration for Paper-I||To be notified|
|Release of Admit Card For Paper-II||One to two weeks before the Exam Date|
|Paper-II Exam Date||To be notified|
|Result declaration for Paper-II||To be notified|
|Document Verification Schedule||To be notified|
|Final Result/Merit List Declaration Date||To be notified|
SSC JE Eligibility 2020
The eligibility requirements to be met by applicants to apply for the SSC JE 2020 are listed below:
- The first requirement is that the applicants must be Indian Citizens.
- However, candidates, who are residents of Nepal and Bhutan, are also eligible to apply.
- Tibetan Refugees can also apply.
- In addition, candidates, who have migrated for a permanent settlement to India from countries like Pakistan, Vietnam, Burma, Malawi, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia, Kenya, Zambia, Uganda, Zaire and Republic of Tanzania, can also apply.
Candidates from other categories other than Indian nationals will have to submit a letter of permission from the Government of India if they are shortlisted for further rounds of the selection process.
As far as the age is concerned, as on the 1st of January 2020, candidates will have to meet the upper age requirement given below for different positions:
|Department/ Post||Age Requirement|
|National Technical Research Organisation||Maximum 30 years|
|Central Water Commission (Civil & Mechanical)||Maximum 32 Years|
|Department of Quality Assurance (Naval)||Utmost 30 Years|
|CPWD (Civil & Electrical)||Not More than 32 Years of Age|
|Central Water Power Research Station (Civil/Electrical)||Less than 30 Years|
|Department of Post||More than 18 Years and Less than 27 Years|
|Director General Border Roads Organisation (Mechanical/Electrical/Civil)||Not more than 30 Years of age|
|MES (Mechanical/Electrical/Civil)||Utmost 30 Years of Age|
|MES (Quality Surveying & Contract)||Utmost 27 years of age|
|Farrakka Barrage (Civil/Mechanical/Electrical)||Maximum 30 Years of age|
The upper age limit is relaxable for the reserved category candidates as per government norms. Candidates can get the details of age relaxation from the below table.
|Category||Relaxation (In Years)|
|PH – SC/ST||15|
|Ex-Servicemen – SC/ST||08|
|Ex-Servicemen – OBC||06|
|Ex-Servicemen – General||03|
|Central Government Civilian Employees – General Category||05|
|Central Government Civilian Employees - OBC||08|
|Central Government Civilian Employees – SC/ST||10|
For the Junior Engineer Position in almost all departments, the SSC requires that the applicants must have completed their Diploma in Engineering in the Appropriate Branch for which they apply like civil, mechanical and electrical. However, for some positions, a degree in the appropriate branch of engineering is required. Even for some positions, the experience is required.
Candidates are suggested to ensure that they meet the requirements stated by SSC for JE before applying. The reason is that their eligibility will be verified only at the time of document verification by the Staff Selection Commission. So, it is the responsibility of candidates to ensure their eligibility with respect to age, education and nationality before applying.
SSC JE 2020 Application Form
SSC JE application form is available on the official website of the Staff Selection Commission upon the issue of notification for the SSC JE 2020. Candidates have to submit their application form from 3rd Aug to 3rd September 2020 for the recruitment online and no other modes of application will be accepted by the Staff Selection Commission.
SSC JE – How To Apply Online?
The process of applying for SSC JE 2020 is detailed below:
- Visit the official website of the SSC at ssconline.nic.in, candidates will find a link called “Apply” as one of the 6 menus in the top of the website.
- When they click on this link, they will be taken to a page that contains the different recruitments conducted by the SSC.
- They should click on the option called JE, upon which they will be taken to a page that contains the online application.
- However, before they apply, candidates will have to register with the website of the SSC. The registration can be done with the basic personal details upon which they will get a system-generated registration number and password.
- Candidates are recommended to take note of the registration number and password, which they can use when they apply online not just for JE or for any other positions with SSC.
- When they apply for JEE, they will have to start with filling up basic details followed by uploading of the photograph and scanned copy of the signature.
- Then, they will have to pay the application fee and finally they should submit the application.
The application fee for SSC JE is Rs.100. However, this fee is applicable only for General Male candidates. For women applicants and candidates from reserved category, there is no application fee. The fee should be paid using debit/credit card/ NET Banking or using the SBI challan.
- Educational qualification certificates – Class X certificate for DOB
- Credit/debit card details for payment of the fee
- Scanned copy of their photo (.Jpg and size of 4 – 20 kb)
- Scanned copy of signature (.Jpg and size of 1 – 12 kb)
SSC JE Apply Online FAQs
Q. When The Online Registration For SSC JE 2020 Will Start?
A. Online registration process for SSC JE 2020 will start from 4th Aug 2020. The last date to apply online is 3rd Sep 2020 till 5 PM.
Q. What Is The Application Fee For Women Candidates?
A. Women applicants, ex-servicemen and candidates from reserved category are exempted from paying the application fee for SSC JE 2020.
Q. How Can I Pay The Application Fee?
A. To pay the SSC JE 2020 application fee, both modes are available i.e. online and offline.
- Online – Use debit / credit card or internet banking
- Offline – Get an e-challan and submit it at nearest SBI bank along with the requisite fee
Q. What Is The Last Date For Payment Of The Application Fee Via SBI Challan?
A. The last date for submitting system generated e-challan with application fee at SBI Branch is 6th Sep, 2020. However, the last date for generating e-challan offline is 5th Sep, 2020 till 5 PM.