GPAT Exam 2018 : The GPAT stands for ‘Graduate pharmacy Aptitude Test’. The GPAT entrance exam is generally conducted every year, by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). It is one of the most challenging national level tests to select appropriate Pharmacy graduates for admission into the Master’s (M.Pharm) program.
GPAT 2018 Official Notification
The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has released the official notification for GPAT 2018 examination. The GPAT 2018 entrance examination is scheduled to take place on 20th January 2018. Those candidates who wish to appear in GPAT 2018 examination need to apply online by clicking here
GPAT 2018 Exam Important Dates
GPAT 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate who is applying for the GPAT 2018 entrance exam must be a citizen of India.
- The applicant should pass in 4-years bachelor degree in Pharmacy after 10+2/intermediate. Final year students can also apply for GPAT 2018 examination.
- B.Tech (fine chemicals technology and Pharmaceutical)/equivalent students are not eligible for GPAT 2018 examination.
Since it is a national level entrance examination therefore candidates from all over the country can apply and appear in GPAT 2018 examination. The GPAT 2018 examination will be a three hour CBT (computer based test) and held in a single shift.
GPAT 2018 Application Fee
General/OBC candidates need to pay a fee of Rs 1400/+ applicable bank charges as their GPAT 2018 application fee. On the other hand, Girls/SC/ST/PWD Candidates need to pay a fee of Rs 700/+ applicable bank charges as their GPAT 2018 application fee.
Mode Of Payment
All the candidates can pay their application fee through any mode either online or offline. To pay fee online, a candidate can use net banking or credit/debit card. After the successful payment, an applicant will receive a confirmation message either through SMS or email. After receiving payment confirmation text, a candidate can fill up the remaining part of online registration process.
Another way of making payment for the GPAT 2018 entrance examination is cash payment to be submitted at any SBI branch. If you have decided to proceed with this option then you need to find and fill a challan on your screen. After filling all the details, you are suggested to print at least three copies of this challan. Now, you need to fill the required details in all the three copies of challan and take them to the nearest SBI Bank branch in order to make the payment. 15th December 2017 is the last date of payment through a Challan. The last date for the completion of registration is 17th December 2017. No payments and registration will be permitted after 17th December 2017. All other details related to GPAT 2018 examination are available on the official website. Click here to visit official website. http://www.aicte-gpat.in
GPAT 2018 Pre-Requisites list
- A computer with proper internet connection to avoid any breakage during online registration
- Latest qualification details
- Scanned copies of photo and signature of size not more than 60 Kb
- Valid email ID and mobile number
- A credit/debit card for online fee payment
- A connected printer to print application form, fee receipt and Challan form
Process Of Admission For The GPAT 2018
The respective state governments will be provided with the details of candidate merit list. Candidates are supposed to go through central counselling and other admission procedures as notified. In the absence of central counselling, the marks scored by the candidates will be used at the time of admission for determining the eligibility in the University departments, affiliated colleges, approved institutions, and constituent colleges.
GPAT 2018 Exam Cities
The GPAT entrance exam 2018 will be held in the following cities- Aurangabad, Allahabad, Bangalore, Amravati, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Ahmedabad, Chennai, Amritsar, Bareilly, Delhi, Bhubaneswar, Bhavnagar, Gulbarga, Jammu and Kashmir, Kochi, Gurgaon, Kolhapur, Guwahati, Kolhapur, Noida, Gwalior, Kurnool, Mangalore, Meerut, Srinagar, Vadodara, Vishakhapatnam, Jabalpur, Lucknow, Jaipur, Hyderabad, Madurai, Kozhikode, Mumbai, Mysore, Karnataka, Warangal, Panaji, Patna, Nashik, Pune, Ranchi, Rajkot, Vijayawada, Shimla, Surat, Nellore, Varanasi, Udaipur, Indore, etc.
GPAT 2018 Online Application Form
Those candidates who are eligible for this exam and those who have qualified can visit official website and register themselves. You will need to follow all of the instructions carefully and fill up the required details.
How To Apply For GPAT 2018 Examination?
To apply for this examination, all you are required to follow few below-mentioned simple steps.
- Open GPAT 2018 official website
- Before apply online, you are requested to check eligibility criteria which is available on the homepage under ‘Eligibility Criteria’ heading
- If you are a first time user, you need to register by entering basic details and uploading scanned copies of photo and signature
- After registration, you need to login into your account by clicking ‘Existing user’ button
- To login into your online account, you need to use your email ID and password (will be sent to you after registration through SMS or email)
- After logging into your account, you need to fill further details and make payment.
GPAT 2018 Exam Paper Pattern
This exam will require the candidates to answer 125 questions. This test will be for duration of 180 minutes. And for every wrong answer one mark will be deducted as negative marking.
GPAT 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus will cover the following subjects; they are organic chemistry, pharmaceutical engineering, pharmaceutical management, clinical pharmacy and therapeutics, pharmaceutical chemistry, pharmacognosy, Pharmaceutical analysis, Pharmacology, biochemistry, biotechnology, microbiology, pathophysiology, bio-pharmaceutics & pharmacokinetics, Physical chemistry, physical pharmacy, Anatomy, Physiology and health education, pharmaceutics, pharmaceutical jurisprudence and dispensing.
GPAT 2018 Admit Card
From 5th Jan 2018, candidates can download their admit cards/hall tickets from AICTE-GPAT official website or click here for direct link. Few simple steps to download admit card are given below-
- Open GPAT website
- Click on ‘Existing User’ button
- Sign in to your account with your registered email address and password
- Find and click ‘GPAT 2018 Admit Card’ button
- View, download or take a print out of your admit card
GPAT 2018 Results
The AICTE has not declared the official result declaration date of GPAT 2018 examination. However, it is assumed that GPAT 2018 result will be declared on 14th Feb, 2018. All the candidates are advised to check GPAT 2018 website regularly as AICTE will announce result on GPAT website.
GPAT 2018 Cut Off
GPAT 2018 cut off will be declared after examination. However, candidates can get a fair idea from previous year GPAT Cut off.
How To Prepare For GPAT 2018 Examination?
This exam requires a lot of preparation. Before appearing for the exam, candidates are required to practice question papers from previous years In order to complete the question paper successfully within the specified time duration. It is an exam which requires speed and immense knowledge of subject.