GPAT Exam 2021 : The GPAT stands for the ‘Graduate pharmacy Aptitude Test’ conducted by National Testing Agency. The GPAT entrance exam is conducted every year by NTA on behalf of the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). It is one of the most challenging national level tests to select appropriate Pharmacy graduates for admission into the Master’s (M.Pharm) program.
GPAT 2021 Official Notification
NTA will release the official notification for GPAT 2021 examination which is scheduled to take place on 20th January 2021. Those candidates who wish to appear in the GPAT examination need to apply online before the last date of registration.
GPAT 2021 Notification Pdf
GPAT Important Dates
|Exam Name||GPAT 2021|
|Exam Body||NTA on behalf of AICTE|
|Essential Qualification||Candidate must passed in 4-years bachelor course in Pharmacy|
|Exam date||21st Jan 2021|
|Mode of Exam||Online (computer based test)|
|Exam Type||Entrance test for Master’s (M.Pharm) program|
|Download Hall tickets||Yet to be declared|
|Exam centers||Major Indian Cities|
|Apply online at||https://gpat.nta.nic.in/|
|Result declaration||14th Feb 2021|
|Printout of score card||To be announced|
GPAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate who is applying for the GPAT entrance exam must be a citizen of India.
- The applicant should pass in 4-years bachelor degree in Pharmacy after 10+2/intermediate. Final year students can also apply for GPAT 2021 examination.
- B.Tech (fine chemicals technology and Pharmaceutical)/equivalent students are not eligible for GPAT examination.
Since it is a national level entrance examination therefore candidates from all over the country can apply and appear in GPAT examination. The GPAT examination will be a three hour CBT (computer-based test) and held in a single shift.
GPAT 2021 Online Application Form
Those candidates who are eligible for this exam and those who have qualified can visit the official website and register themselves. You will need to follow all of the instructions carefully and fill up the required details.
How To Apply For GPAT 2021 Examination?
To apply for this examination, all you are required to follow few below-mentioned simple steps.
- Open GPAT 2021 official website
- Before apply online, you are requested to check eligibility criteria which is available on the homepage under ‘Eligibility Criteria’ heading
- If you are a first time user, you need to register by entering basic details and uploading scanned copies of photo and signature
- After registration, you need to login into your account by clicking the ‘Existing user’ button
- To login into your online account, you need to use your email ID and password (will be sent to you after registration through SMS or email)
- After logging into your account, you need to fill further details and make payment.
GPAT 2021 Application Fee
General/OBC candidates need to pay a fee of Rs 1400/+ applicable bank charges as their GPAT 2021 application fee. On the other hand, Girls/SC/ST/PWD Candidates need to pay a fee of Rs 700/+ applicable bank charges as their GPAT application fee.
Mode Of Payment
All the candidates can pay their application fee through any mode either online or offline. To pay the fee online, a candidate can use net banking or credit/debit card. After the successful payment, an applicant will receive a confirmation message either through SMS or email. After receiving payment confirmation text, a candidate can fill up the remaining part of the online registration process.
Another way of making payment for the GPAT entrance examination is a cash payment to be submitted at any SBI branch. If you have decided to proceed with this option then you need to find and fill a challan on your screen. After filling all the details, you are suggested to print at least three copies of this challan. Now, you need to fill the required details in all the three copies of challan and take them to the nearest SBI Bank branch in order to make the payment.
15th December 2020 is the last date of payment through a Challan. The last date for the completion of registration is 17th December 2020. No payments and registration will be permitted after 17th December 2020.
GPAT 2021 Pre-Requisites list
- A computer with a proper internet connection to avoid any breakage during online registration
- Latest qualification details
- Scanned copies of photo and signature of size not more than 60 Kb
- Valid email ID and mobile number
- A credit/debit card for online fee payment
- A connected printer to print an application form, fee receipt, and Challan form
GPAT 2021 Exam Cities
The GPAT entrance exam 2021 will be held in the following cities- Aurangabad, Allahabad, Bangalore, Amravati, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Ahmedabad, Chennai, Amritsar, Bareilly, Delhi, Bhubaneswar, Bhavnagar, Gulbarga, Jammu and Kashmir, Kochi, Gurgaon, Kolhapur, Guwahati, Kolhapur, Noida, Gwalior, Kurnool, Mangalore, Meerut, Srinagar, Vadodara, Vishakhapatnam, Jabalpur, Lucknow, Jaipur, Hyderabad, Madurai, Kozhikode, Mumbai, Mysore, Karnataka, Warangal, Panaji, Patna, Nashik, Pune, Ranchi, Rajkot, Vijayawada, Shimla, Surat, Nellore, Varanasi, Udaipur, Indore, etc.
GPAT 2021 Exam Pattern
GPAT exam will require the candidates to answer 125 questions. GPAT test will be for a duration of 180 minutes and for every wrong answer, one mark will be deducted as negative marking.
Read: BITSAT 2021
GPAT 2021 Syllabus
The GPAT syllabus will cover the following subjects – Organic chemistry, pharmaceutical engineering, pharmaceutical management, clinical pharmacy and therapeutics, pharmaceutical chemistry, pharmacognosy, Pharmaceutical analysis, Pharmacology, biochemistry, biotechnology, microbiology, pathophysiology, bio-pharmaceutics & pharmacokinetics, Physical chemistry, physical pharmacy, Anatomy, Physiology, and health education, pharmaceutics, pharmaceutical jurisprudence and dispensing.
GPAT 2021 Admission Process
The respective state governments will be provided with the details of the candidate merit list. Candidates are supposed to go through central counseling and other admission procedures as notified. In the absence of central counseling, the marks scored by the candidates will be used at the time of admission for determining eligibility in the University departments, affiliated colleges, approved institutions, and constituent colleges.
GPAT 2021 Admit Card
From 5th Jan 2021, candidates can download the admit cards/hall tickets from NTA GPAT official website. Few simple steps to download admit card are given below.
- Open NTA GPAT website
- Click on ‘Existing User’ button
- Sign in to your account with your registered email address and password
- Find and click ‘GPAT 2021 Admit Card’ button
- View, download or take a print out of your admit card
GPAT 2021 Result
GPAT 2021 result will be declared on 14th Feb 2021 by the NTA. All the candidates are advised to check the GPAT website regularly for updates on the result.
GPAT 2021 Cut Off
GPAT 2021 cut off will be declared after the examination. However, candidates can get a fair idea from previous year GPAT Cut off.
|S.No||Category||Cut off (Minimum qualifying marks/ Maximum marks - 500)|
|2||OBC and General||113 Marks|
How To Prepare For GPAT 2021 Examination?
This exam requires a lot of preparation. Before appearing for the exam, candidates are required to practice question papers from previous years In order to complete the question paper successfully within the specified time duration. It is an exam that requires speed and immense knowledge of the subject.