IISc BS 2023 Notification : The Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore will release IISc BS Notification 2023 for admission to a 4-years Bachelor of Science (Research) Programme. Interested candidates can appear in the IISc BS 2023 selection process by submitting the application form. The Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore is one of the leading institutions in India. The IISC Bangalore offers a unique 4-year BS (Research) program.
- IISc BS is a national level admission process into a 4-years Bachelor of Science (Research) Programme at IISC Bangalore.
- Candidates must have passed in XII/Senior secondary examination with Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry as main subjects and any among Statistics, Computer Science, Biology, Electronics, as optional subjects with 60% marks in aggregate along with appeared in any test- KVPY 2023, JEE Main & JEE Advanced 2023.
Read further to know about the IISc BS entrance examination important dates, eligibility criteria, application fee & process, results, cut-off, etc.
IISC BS 2023 Important Dates
|Exam name||IISc BS 2023|
|Exam Body||Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore|
|Online application start date||First week of February 2023|
|Online application end date||Last week of April 2023|
|Selection Process||No Entrance Exam|
Based on Qualifying exam merit
|Result/ Merit List||To be notified|
|Counseling||To be notified|
IISc BS 2023 Educational Qualifications
- IISc BS 2023 interested candidates should have passed or appear in 10+2/intermediate examination with Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry as main subjects and any subject among Statistics, Computer Science, Biology, Electronics, as optional subjects from a recognized central/state board in India with 60% marks in aggregate, there is a relaxation in marks for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
- IISc BS 2023 interested candidates appearing in JEE Advanced 2023 should have the following minimum marks.
|Category Name||Minimum marks needed in JEE Advanced 2021|
- IISc BS 2023 interested candidates appearing in JEE Main 2023 should have the following minimum marks
|Category Name||Minimum marks needed in JEE Main 2021|
- IISc BS 2023 interested candidates appearing/appeared in KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana) should have the following minimum marks
|Examination Name||Appeared in year||Fellowship selection|
|KVPY-SA and SX Fellows||-||Selected through the empowerment initiative for ST and SC|
|KVPY-SX||2020||Selected for the Fellowship|
|KVPY-SB||2020||Selected for the Fellowship|
|KVPY-SA||2019||Selected for the Fellowship|
IISC 2023 Application Fee
General/OBC and KM candidates need to pay a fee of Rs 500/- as their application fee. On the other hand, candidates of SC/ST and PWD categories need to pay a fee of Rs 250/- as their application fee. All the candidates have to pay their application fee online through a visa/master card, debit/credit card, or net banking.
Note- Application Fee is neither refundable nor transferable under any circumstances. Candidates itself need to pay applicable bank charges (if any)
IISC 2023 Application Form
All the IISc BS 2023 interested candidates are recommended to fill and submit an online application form by accessing the IISc website @http://www.iisc.ernet.in/ug/. However, online application starting and ending dates are from Feb to April. It is expected that candidates can fill their application online from 01 Feb 2023.
How To Fill IISC BS 2023 Application?
- Open IISc Bangalore official website in your browser
- Before attempting online application, read ‘Information Brochure’ and ‘how to apply’ instructions carefully
- Find and click ‘New User Registration/Login’
- Enter all the required details carefully as you cannot edit or change them later
- Hit ‘Submit’ button
- By hitting the ‘Submit’ button/link, you will instantly get a verification email at your given email address
- Verification email will contain a link
- Open/click that link to verify your email address
- Now, you are registered on IISc Bangalore website
- Now, log in to account and fill the rest details such as 10th/12th academic details, scores of JEE Advanced/main/ KVPY, gender, contact details, category, state of domicile, etc.
- Upload the scanned copies of required documents such latest PP size image, signature, parent’s signature, category certificate (if applicable), etc.
- Click ‘Save & Proceed’ button/link
- Now find and click ‘Qualification’ link/tab
- Enter all the details and click ‘Save & Proceed’
- Now, enter details (rank and roll number) of the qualifying test- JEE Main/Advanced/KVPY
- Pay required application fee
- Hit/click ‘Confirm and Submit’ button
List of Documents Needed
- 10th/12th examination mark sheet or certificate to fill personal and academic details
- Scanned copies of latest PP size image, signature, parent’s signature, category certificate (if applicable), etc. in the prescribed format
- Visa/Master card, debit/credit card or net banking details to pay fee online
- Scorecard or rank or roll number of JEE Main/Advanced/KVPY
IISc BS 2023 Selection Process
IISc will not conduct any entrance exam for BS admission. Selection Process will be based on merit in the qualifying exams such as KVPY, JEE Main, JEE Advanced. Candidates applied will be screened based on the scores in the qualifying exam and the final merit list will be released in the form of results and called for counseling for further admission process.
Read: IISC Admission 2023
IISC BS 2023 Subject-wise Syllabus
The qualifying exam consists of subjects from the 12th class standard.
- Mathematics – Differential calculus, triangle inequality, cube roots of unity, analytical geometry, vectors, integral calculus, geometric interpretations, permutations & combinations, symmetric functions of roots, quadratic equations with real coefficients, trigonometry, logarithms & their properties, relations between roots & coefficients, etc.
- Physics – Capacitance, parallel & perpendicular axes theorems, pressure in a fluid, conservation of angular momentum, dimensional analysis, electric field & potential, Coulomb’s & Gauss’s laws & their application in simple cases, thermal physics, mechanical & sound waves, Photoelectric effect, modern physics, optics, centripetal acceleration & centrifugal force, electromagnetic induction, least count, significant figures, measurement of resistance, time, mass, temperature, length, potential difference, current, etc.
- Chemistry – P, D & F-Block elements, alkynes & alkenes, Chemical equilibrium, thermodynamic states, atomic structure & chemical bonding, surface chemistry, solutions, solid-state, chemical kinetics, carboxylic acids, ketones & aldehydes, ethers, phenols, alcohols, haloarenes, haloalkanes (Alkyl halides), aromatic compounds, Measurements in chemistry, mole concept, polymers, reactive intermediates, basic concepts of organic Chemistry, metals & metallurgy, coordination compounds, alkanes, nomenclature, isomerism, classification of elements & periodicity in properties, etc.
IISC BS 2023 Result
After IISc BS 2023 written examination, the institute will declare results on its official website. It is expected that result will be declared after a few weeks from the final submission of application forms.
- Visit IISc official website
- Log in to account
- Find and click the ‘Result’ tab or link
- Enter the required details
- Click ‘Submit’ button
- You will get your IISc BS 2023 Result on your computer screen
- Save/download or print it
IISc BS 2023 Cut Off Rank
The final cut-off rank will be published on the website of the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore based on the applicant score in JEE Main/advanced/KVPY. However, you can get an idea from the last year All India cut-off rank of qualified candidates in several categories.
|Category||All India cut-off rank|