NIFT 2018 : NIFT also known as National Institute of Fashion Technology is one of the premier institutes in fashion education in India. NIFT is a center of innovation as well as excellence proactively catalyzing growth of fashion industry through leadership in certified education with concern for human and social values. NIFT is famous for its multidisciplinary education system that prepares a student to crack real-time challenges. The National Institute of Fashion Technology offers an exclusive atmosphere for promoting creative talent in the stream of fashion and other connected fields in design.
NIFT Entrance Test 2017 – 2018 Official Notification
Every year, NIFT conducts entrance test for those candidates who want to build their career in the glamorous industry of fashion after pursuing any PG or UG course at NIFT. For the academic year 2018-19, the National Institute of Fashion Technology invites applications from candidates for various PG or UG courses.
About NIFT Entrance Test 2018
NIFT entrance test 2018 will be a paper based test for candidates who want to take admission in any PG or UG course run at NIFT. The National Institute of Fashion Technology conducts entrance test to take admissions in the below mentioned courses –
- 4 Years – Bachelor of design (B.Des.)- Textile design, Leather design, Knitwear design, Fashion communication, Accessory Design, Fashion design
- 4 Years – Bachelor of fashion technology (B.F.Tech)- Apparel production
- 2 Years – Master of Design (M.Des.)
- 2 Years – Master of Fashion Management (M.F.M)
- 2 Years – Master of Fashion technology (M.F.Tech.)
NIFT 2018 Seat Availability
NIFT 2018 Entrance Exam Pattern
If a candidate wants to secure a seat at NIFT then he/she needs to sit in two different tests- Creative Ability Test (CAT) & General Ability Test (GAT). NIFT 2018 paper pattern will be different for each course. To know more, have a look at below table.
- CAT (Creative Ability Test)
The main objective of this test is to judge a candidate’s creative skills such as power of observation, intuition, design & concept ability etc. With this test, a candidate has to show his/her creative skills along with illustration skills.
- GAT (General Ability test)
The main objective of GAT is to judge a candidate’s general ability skills like quantitative skills, general & current affairs knowledge, communication skills, English comprehension and analytical skills.
- Situation test
This test is to judge a candidate’s material handling and innovative skills. The Students applied for B.Des. need to appear in this test. In situation test, an applicant will be judged on the following- fineness of the model & overall presentation skills, construction skill, color scheme, composition of elements, creative & innovative use of given material and space visualization. The situation test will be in only English language and holds 30% weightage.
- Group discussion
Candidates applying for master courses at NIFT need to appear in GD/PI rounds after qualifying written entrance examination. Applicants shortlisted for group discussion will be evaluated on the following factors- effective communication skills, leadership qualities, problem solving approach, skill to generate new ideas, interpersonal skills, contribution made to the topic, knowledge of the topic assigned, and conceptual clarity.
- Personal Interview
Candidates gets shortlisted in group discussion round need to appear in personal interview round. In personal interview, a panel will judge candidates on the following basis- communication, lateral & creative thinking skills, aptness for the field etc.
Here we have mentioned only important things of NIFT 2018 paper pattern and syllabus. To get complete details, candidates are requested to read NIFT 2018 official notification available on NIFT’s website or click here to download.
NIFT 2018 Entrance Exam Syllabus
A candidate appearing for NIFT 2018 exam need to study the following topics- Quantitative ability, Analytical & Logical Ability, English Comprehension, General Knowledge & Current Affairs etc. To know more about NIFT 2018 syllabus, a candidate is advised to download prospectus by Clicking Here
NIFT 2018 Essential Qualification
For Undergraduate and Post Graduate courses :
There is no prescribed age limit for post graduate courses. For undergraduate courses, the age limit is twenty three (23) years as on 1st Oct 2017. There will 5 years relaxation in age for SC/ST/PHP candidates.
How To Apply For NIFT 2018 ?
Candidates are recommended to read guidelines to fill online application form properly before applying online. Follow below mentioned simple steps to apply for NIFT 2018.
- First time applying candidates need to go to the NIFT online registration page for the academic year 2018-19.
- At this page, a candidate need to find and click this button- ‘fresh candidate to create login’ (New Log In)
- On clicking above mentioned button, you will be landed on ‘Create Login to apply online’ page.
- At this page, you need to fill the following details- name of candidate, date of birth, re-enter date of birth, category, PwD declaration, email-id, re-enter email-id, course type, course applied for.
- After filling all the fields, you need to enter verification code as shown below in the form.
- Now, you have to check two declaration boxes- first for NIFT 2018 exam terms & conditions and second for declaration of reading step-by-step process.
- Finally, you need to hit submit button. Before pressing submit button, you should cross check all the details filled in this form because once the details filled here cannot be changed in any condition.
- A confirmation link will be sent at your provided email-ID
- Now, you need to login into your newly created account to complete the process of online application. You can login into your account with your email id and date of birth.
- After login into your account, firstly you need to fill application form and click “Save” button.
- Once application is saved, now you need to upload a scanned copy of your photo and signature in the prescribed format. Make sure your photo and sign size should not be more than 50 KB.
- After uploading documents, now you need to make payment (in case you want to pay online).
- The final step is to save and print your application to use it in future.
Note- candidates must note down that before applying online they have a valid email ID and following other documents- educational qualification & personal details, SC/ST/OBC certificate (if applicable), disability certificate (if any), scanned copies of image and signature in jpeg/jpg format of size not more than 50 kb.
NIFT 2018 Application Fee and Mode Of Payment
All the GEN/OBC (Creamy) candidates are requested to pay a fee of Rs 1500/-. SC/ST/ OBC/PWD candidates need to pay a fee of Rs 750/-. Candidates can pay their fee online at the time of filling application form by using debit/credit card/net banking. If not so, candidates can also pay their fee through a Demand draft in favor of “NIFT HO”, payable at “New Delhi”.
Note- candidates who want to pay through demand draft have to fill DD details in the online application form. Also, they are required to send the DD and print out of duly filled application form on the following address before 2nd Jan 2018- Project Manager – CMS/All India Management Association Management House 14/ Institutional Area/ Lodhi Road/ New Delhi – 110003.
NIFT Entrance Test 2018 Admit Card
All the applicants are advised to download their admit cards from 9th Jan 2018 from https://applyadmission.net/nift2018/ or www.nift.ac.in. Candidates must note down admit card availability date as NIFT will not sent any separate communication by post. Applicants are recommended to frequently check NIFT web portal for updates. No NIFT 2018 applicant will be allowed to appear in written examination without a hall ticket.
How To Download Admit Card ?
- Firstly, you need to visit NIFT 2018 entrance test’s official web portal or click here
- Find and click “NIFT 2018 Admit Card” button
- Now, you have to enter data into following fields- 6 digit’s application number, Email ID or date of birth
- Press submit button
- Now you can view, save or print your admit card
- You need to take admit card to the examination venue. Your admit card will be printed with the following details- application number, examination venue, date, time, course applied for, category, candidate’s name, sign and photo.
NIFT 2018 Examination Cities
NIFT 2018 will be a PBT (paper based test) and held in 32 cities on 21st Jan 2018. A candidate should choose one city for NIFT 2018 examination. Name of few cities are as follows- Srinagar (J&K), Shillong, Vishakhapatnam, Ahmedabad, Begaluru, Vadodara, Patna, Nagpur, Lucknow, Kolkata, Jaipur, Chandigarh, Bhopal and Mumbai. To get a complete list of examination cities, you need to go to Prospectus or click here.
NIFT Entrance Test 2018 Result
NIFT 2018 written test will be declared in the month of Feb or March 2018. To check written examination results, candidates need to go to the official website or Click here for direct link.
Candidates should note that to go for GD/PI/situation test first they need to qualify NIFT 2018 written exam. On the basis of written exam’s score, a merit list will be prepared and shortlisted candidates will be called for other rounds. Candidates who have been shortlisted for GD/PI/situation test are requested to visit NIFT 2018 entrance examination website frequently after result declaration of written examination to know the exact dates of GD/PI/situation test.
NIFT 2018 Final Cut Off
Final cut-off list will be prepared on the basis of written examination scores, GD/PI/Situation test scores. Every qualified candidate is assigned with a common merit rank. On the basis of CMR and candidate’s preference, finally a candidate gets admission at any of the NIFT located in the following cities- Srinagar, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Kangra, Shillong, Raebareli, New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Kanpur, Hyderabad, Gandhinagar, Chennai, Bhopal and Bengaluru.