NIFT 2022 Entrance Exam : NIFT also known as the National Institute of Fashion Technology is one of the premier institutes in fashion education in India. NIFT is a center of innovation as well as excellence proactively catalyzing the growth of the fashion industry through leadership in certified education with concern for human and social values.
NIFT is famous for its multidisciplinary education system that prepares a student to crack real-time challenges. The National Institute of Fashion Technology offers an exclusive atmosphere for promoting creative talent in the stream of fashion and other connected fields in design.
|Exam Name||NIFT Entrance Test 2022|
|Exam Body||The National Institute of Fashion Technology|
|Essential Qualification||Different for every course|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Online application||20th Oct 2021 – 29th Dec 2021|
|Exam date||Jan 21st 2022|
|Mode of Exam||offline (paper based test)|
|Exam Type||Entrance test for all PG & UG Courses|
|Download Hall tickets||09th January 2022 (13:00 Hrs)|
|Exam centers||All major cities in India|
|Written test Result declaration||Feb/Mar 2022|
|Interview/GD/Situation test||April/May 2022|
|Final result declaration||May/June 2022|
NIFT Entrance Test 2022 Notification
Every year, NIFT conducts an entrance test for those candidates who want to build their career in the glamorous industry of fashion after pursuing any PG or UG course at NIFT. For the academic year 2022-12, the National Institute of Fashion Technology invites applications from candidates for various PG or UG courses.
NIFT entrance test 2022 will be a paper-based test for candidates who want to take admission in any PG or UG course run at NIFT. The National Institute of Fashion Technology conducts an entrance test to take admissions in the below-mentioned courses –
- 4 Years – Bachelor of Design (B.Des.)- Textile design, Leather design, Knitwear Design, Fashion communication, Accessory Design, Fashion design
- 4 Years – Bachelor of fashion technology (B.F.Tech)- Apparel production
- 2 Years – Master of Design (M.Des.)
- 2 Years – Master of Fashion Management (M.F.M)
- 2 Years – Master of Fashion Technology (M.F.Tech.)
NIFT 2022 Seat Availability
|S.No.||Course name||Total seats|
|1||4 years- B.Des. in|
|Fashion Communication (FC)||420|
|Knitwear Design (KD)||210|
|Textile Design (TD)||390|
|Accessory Design (AD)||420|
|Leather Design (LD)||120|
|Fashion Design (FD)||450|
|2||4 years- B.F.Tech in Apparel production||360|
|3||2 years- M.Des.||120|
|4||2 years- M.F.M||420|
|5||2 years- M.F.Tech.||100|
NIFT 2022 Entrance Exam Pattern
If a candidate wants to secure a seat at NIFT then he/she needs to sit in two different tests- Creative Ability Test (CAT) & General Ability Test (GAT). NIFT 2022 paper pattern will be different for each course. To know more, have a look at the below table.
|Written Test Language||English||English||English||English||English|
|Paper Timing (Duration)||2.30 h||2.30 h||2.30 h||2.30 h||2.30 h|
|Sections||No. of Questions|
|Communication Ability & English Comprehension||50||45||45||25||30|
|Analytical & Logical Ability||25||25||25||25||30|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||25||25||25||15||25|
|Course Name||Exam Type||Timings (duration)||Weightage|
|B.Des.||CAT||10 to 1 pm||50%|
|GAT||2:30 pm to 4:30 pm||30%|
|M.Des.||CAT||10 to 1 pm||40%|
|GAT||2:30 to 4:30 pm||30%|
|B.F.Tech||GAT||10:00 am to 1:00 pm||100%|
|M.F.Tech.||GAT||10:00 am to 1:00 pm||70%|
|M.F.M||GAT||10:00 am to 1:00 pm||70%|
CAT (Creative Ability Test)
The main objective of this test is to judge a candidate’s creative skills such as the power of observation, intuition, design & concept ability, etc. With this test, a candidate has to show his/her creative skills along with illustration skills.
GAT (General Ability test)
The main objective of GAT is to judge a candidate’s general ability skills like quantitative skills, general & current affairs knowledge, communication skills, English comprehension, and analytical skills.
This test is to judge a candidate’s material handling and innovative skills. The Students applied for B.Des. need to appear in this test. In the situation test, an applicant will be judged on the following- fineness of the model & overall presentation skills, construction skill, color scheme, the composition of elements, creative & innovative use of given material, and spatial visualization. The situation test will be in only the English language and holds 30% weightage.
Candidates applying for master courses at NIFT need to appear in GD/PI rounds after qualifying written entrance examination. Applicants shortlisted for group discussion will be evaluated on the following factors- effective communication skills, leadership qualities, problem-solving approach, skill to generate new ideas, interpersonal skills, the contribution made to the topic, knowledge of the topic assigned, and conceptual clarity.
Candidates who get shortlisted in the group discussion round need to appear in the personal interview round. In a personal interview, a panel will judge candidates on the following basis- communication, lateral & creative thinking skills, aptness for the field, etc.
Here we have mentioned only important things of the NIFT 2022 paper pattern and syllabus. To get complete details, candidates are requested to read NIFT 2022 official notification available on NIFT’s website or click here to download.
NIFT 2022 Entrance Exam Syllabus
A candidate appearing for NIFT 2022 exam needs to study the following topics- Quantitative ability, Analytical & Logical Ability, English Comprehension, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, etc. To know more about NIFT 2022 syllabus, a candidate is advised to download the prospectus by Clicking Here
NIFT 2022 Essential Qualification
For Undergraduate and Post Graduate courses :
|B.Des.||Appearing or passed in intermediate/10+2 from a recognized central/state board or its equivalent.|
4 or 3 years diploma students are also eligible to apply
|B.F.Tech||Appearing or passed in intermediate/10+2 from a recognized central/state board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. |
Candidates having a diploma in engineering (any stream) are also eligible to apply
|M.Des||B.Des degree or diploma in UG design from NID/NIFT or 3 years UG diploma from NID/NIFT (final year students can also apply)|
|MFM||UG degree (recognized institution) or 3 years UG diploma from NID/NIFT (final year students can also apply)|
|M.F.Tech||B.E. or B.Tech (recognized college/institution) |
B.F.Tech from NIFT
There is no prescribed age limit for postgraduate courses. For undergraduate courses, the age limit is twenty-three (23) years as of 1st Oct 2018. There will 5 years of relaxation in age for SC/ST/PHP candidates.
How To Apply For NIFT 2022?
Candidates are recommended to read guidelines to fill online application form properly before applying online. Follow below mentioned simple steps to apply for NIFT 2022.
- First time applying candidates need to go to the NIFT online registration page for the academic year 2022-23.
- On this page, a candidate need to find and click this button- ‘fresh candidate to create login’ (New Log In)
- On clicking above mentioned button, you will be landed on the ‘Create Login to apply online page.
- On this page, you need to fill in the following details – the name of the candidate, date of birth, re-enter date of birth, category, PwD declaration, email-id, re-enter email-id, course type, course applied for.
- After filling in all the fields, you need to enter the verification code as shown below in the form.
- Now, you have to check two declaration boxes- first for NIFT 2022 exam terms & conditions and second for declaration of reading step-by-step process.
- Finally, you need to hit the submit button. Before pressing the submit button, you should cross-check all the details filled in this form because once the details filled here cannot be changed in any condition.
- A confirmation link will be sent at your provided email-ID
- Now, you need to log in to your newly created account to complete the process of the online application. You can log in to your account with your email id and date of birth.
- After login into your account, firstly you need to fill the application form and click the “Save” button.
- Once the application is saved, now you need to upload a scanned copy of your photo and signature in the prescribed format. Make sure your photo and sign size should not be more than 50 KB.
- After uploading documents, now you need to make payment (in case you want to pay online).
- The final step is to save and print your application to use in the future.
Note- candidates must note down that before applying online they have a valid email ID and following other documents- educational qualification & personal details, SC/ST/OBC certificate (if applicable), disability certificate (if any), scanned copies of image, and signature in jpeg/jpg format of size not more than 50 kb.
NIFT 2022 Application Fee and Mode Of Payment
All the GEN/OBC (Creamy) candidates are requested to pay a fee of Rs 1500/-. SC/ST/ OBC/PWD candidates need to pay a fee of Rs 750/-. Candidates can pay their fees online at the time of filling the application form by using debit/credit card/net banking. If not so, candidates can also pay their fee through a Demand draft in favor of “NIFT HO”, payable at “New Delhi”.
Note- candidates who want to pay through demand draft have to Fill in DD details in the online application form. Also, they are required to send the DD and print out of duly filled application form to the following address before 2nd Jan 2022- Project Manager – CMS/All India Management Association Management House 14/ Institutional Area/ Lodhi Road/ New Delhi – 110003.
NIFT Entrance Test 2022 Admit Card
All the applicants are advised to download their admit cards from 9th Jan 2022 from https://applyadmission.net/nift2022/ or www.nift.ac.in. Candidates must note down the admit card availability date as NIFT will not send any separate communication by post. Applicants are recommended to frequently check the NIFT web portal for updates. No NIFT 2022 applicant will be allowed to appear in a written examination without a hall ticket.
How To Download Admit Card?
- Firstly, you need to visit the NIFT 2022 entrance test’s official web portal or click here
- Find and click the “NIFT 2022 Admit Card” button
- Now, you have to enter data into the following fields- 6 digit’s application number, Email ID, or date of birth
- Press submit button
- Now you can view, save or print your admit card
- You need to take the admit card to the examination venue. Your admit card will be printed with the following details- application number, examination venue, date, time, course applied for, category, candidate’s name, sign, and photo.
NIFT 2022 Examination Cities
NIFT 2022 will be a PBT (paper-based test) and held in 32 cities on 21st Jan 2022. A candidate should choose one city for NIFT 2022 examination. The name of few cities is as follows- Srinagar (J&K), Shillong, Vishakhapatnam, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Vadodara, Patna, Nagpur, Lucknow, Kolkata, Jaipur, Chandigarh, Bhopal, and Mumbai. To get a complete list of examination cities, you need to go to Prospectus or click here.
NIFT Entrance Test 2022 Result
NIFT 2022 written test will be declared in the month of Feb or March 2022. To check written examination results, candidates need to visit the official website.
Candidates should note that to go for GD/PI/situation test first they need to qualify NIFT 2022 written exam. On the basis of the written exam’s score, a merit list will be prepared and shortlisted candidates will be called for other rounds. Candidates who have been shortlisted for GD/PI/situation test are requested to visit NIFT 2022 entrance examination website frequently after the result declaration of written examination to know the exact dates of the GD/PI/situation test.
NIFT 2022 Final Cut Off
The final cut-off list will be prepared on the basis of written examination scores, GD/PI/Situation test scores. Every qualified candidate is assigned a common merit rank. On the basis of CMR and candidate’s preference, finally, a candidate gets admission at any of the NIFT located in the following cities- Srinagar, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Kangra, Shillong, Raebareli, New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Kanpur, Hyderabad, Gandhinagar, Chennai, Bhopal, and Bengaluru.