RRB ASM Syllabus 2021 : RRB ASM exam pattern for the Assistant Station Master post in the railways is given in detail in the notification. RRB ASM Recruitment 2021 exam pattern will involve a computer-based examination followed by an aptitude test. The entire RRB ASM Syllabus 2021, exam pattern and selection procedure has been mentioned in detail in this article.
RRB ASM Exam Pattern 2021
RRB ASM exam pattern 2021 will constitute a computer-based examination that shall be conducted in the online mode for all the posts. The CBT will be a common exam for the post of ASM vacant in all the RRB(s). The exam pattern includes subjects such as General Awareness, Arithmetic, and General Intelligence and Reasoning. Exam Pattern of ASM is tabulated below.
|Subject Name||Total Time Duration||Total Marks|
|General Awareness||90 Minutes||100|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning|
- The total duration of the ASM exam will be of 90 minutes and the exam will be for a total of 100 marks
- All the questions will be in the multiple-choice question (MCQ) format
- Questions will be bilingual in nature i.e., questions will be asked in both Hindi as well as English
- There will also be a negative marking for each wrong answer that has been attempted. One-third of marks shall be deducted out of the total marks that have been awarded to each particular question for the wrong attempt.
RRB ASM Syllabus 2021 [CBT]
RRB ASM syllabus of Computer Based Test subject-wise is mentioned below.
- Pipes and cistern
- Boats and Streams
- Profit and Loss
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Volume and Surface Area
- Time, Speed and Distance
- Allegation and Mixture
- Ratio and Proportion
- Square Root and Cube Root
- Height and Distance
- Time and Work
- Problems on Ages
General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Cubes and dice
- Alphabet series
- Non-verbal series
- Number series
- Statement conclusions and Statement arguments
- Mirror image
- Embedded figures
- Blood relations
- Seating arrangement
- Clocks and calendars
- Indian history
- Indian economy
- Polity and constitution
- Indian geography
- Culture and heritage
- Indian railways
- Current affairs
- Static GK
- Environmental studies
The questions that will be asked in each of the above mentioned subjects shall be based strictly on the educational qualification criteria mentioned for the post.
RRB ASM – Selection Procedure
RRB ASM selection process 2021 involves three stages viz. computer-based examination (CBT), aptitude test, and document verification.
Computer Based Test
Candidates will have to clear the common single computer-based test to be conducted for the post of Assistant Station Master. Only after clearing this round successfully, the candidates will be allowed for the next round. Candidates have to score the minimum cut off marks in the CBT to be shortlisted for the next round of examinations.
Once the results for the CBT round are announced, the qualified candidates are invited to appear for the computer-based aptitude test round. The Board will invite candidates for aptitude tests up to eight times the number of total vacancies that are available for recruitment. It is expected that the Board will invite 4 lakh candidates for the aptitude round to fill 50,000 vacancies.
After the aptitude test for the selected candidates has been conducted, the Board will then formulate the list of those candidates who have successfully qualified for the exam and invite them for the document verification round. The aptitude test will include the following sections and the marks and time of duration are given in the below table.
|Name of the Section||No. of MCQs||Total Duration (Min)|
|Selective Attention Test||30|
|Spatial Scanning Test||40|
|Information Ordering Test||25|
After the release of the merit list of qualified candidates in the Aptitude Test, the RRB will conduct document verification. The selection board will consider 70% marks of what has been scored in the computer-based examination and 30% of what has been scored by candidates in the aptitude test while formulating the merit list. Candidates thus shortlisted will be then called for verification of their original documents in person.
Apart from the available number of vacancies, 50% more candidates will also be called in for the document verification from all groups to avoid any kind of shortfall in the empanelment. All such extra candidates shall be treated as standby candidates, who will be considered for recruitment only if there is a shortfall in the final empanelment.
While the document verification round is going on, candidates will have to keep all the required documents ready and produce them in original. Candidates will not be given any extra time for the presentation of documents. Candidates failing to present the documents shall lose their candidature.
Once the entire document verification round is conducted and candidates are selected, the candidates must undergo a medical fitness test that will be conducted by the Railway Administration department. Only after the candidates go through all the prescribed medical standards, are they considered eligible for recruitment. The region-specific RRB(s) will then release the list of all the selected candidates on their particular websites.
Documents To Be Carried At The Time Of Verification
The following documents need to be presented in original while appearing for verification.
- Matriculation level and higher secondary certificates and mark sheet
- The graduation mark sheet and degree
- Category certificate (SC/ST/OBC candidates)
- Non-creamy layer declaration by OBC
- Discharge certificate for Ex-Servicemen
- Income certificate for waiving exam fee (EWS category)
- Minority community declaration on non-judicial stamp paper
- Medical certificate for the PWD candidates
- Self-certified documents in case of transgender candidates
- Copy of SBI challan
- Passport size photographs
- All the certificates that are submitted by candidates must be either in Hindi or in English. In case the certificates are in any other language, then the candidate must provide a self-attested translated version of the certificates/documents.
- Candidates must strictly adhere to the prescribed format for all certificates/documents mentioned in annexures in the official notification. Candidates failing to adhere to the format might not be eligible for the relaxation in terms of age or vacancies.