RRB ASM Recruitment 2018 Notification For 50,000 Vacancies : Apply Online
The Railway Recruitment Board(s) will release RRB ASM 2018 indicative advertisement and official notification soon. In the year 2018, RRB(s) jointly will conduct RRB ASM 2018 recruitment event after successfully conducting RRB ALP & Railway Group D recruitment events. Assistant Station Master or ASM 2018 will be one of the largest recruitment examinations to be held in several major cities across the nation. With this recruitment event, RRB will recruit nearly 50,000 candidates on the vacant posts of Assistant Station Master.
- Important Dates
- Eligibility Criteria
- Application Fee
- Application Form
- Apply Online
- Admit Card
- Exam Date
RRB ASM Notification 2018
RRB ASM 2018 official notification is yet to be released by RRB(s). Candidates can expect official notification to be out in upcoming weeks. Very soon, Railway Recruitment Board(s) will upload official notification on RRB(s) websites. Official notification will contain all the ASM 2018 related information such as important dates, eligibility criteria, application process, fee, mode of payment, examination centres etc.
RRB ASM Important Dates 2018
|Examination conducted by||Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs)|
|Examination name||RRB ASM 2018|
|Essential Qualification||Degree from recognized University or its equivalent|
|Online Registration||20-02-2018 to 22-03-2018 (Tentative)|
|Examination mode||Online (CBT or computer based test)|
|For Single stage CBT admit card will be released on||Yet to be released|
|Single Stage CBT on||Yet to be released|
|Result declared on||Yet to be released|
|Aptitude test on||Yet to be released|
|Aptitude test result will be declared on||Yet to be released|
|Documents verification on||Yet to be released|
|Exam centres||All over India (major cities)|
|Apply Online on||Any of the RRB(s) website|
RRB ASM Eligibility Criteria 2018
On 1.1.2018, an applicant should be at least 18 years old but not more than 32 years. The maximum age limit will be relaxable for candidates belonging to special categories such as SC/ST, ex-servicemen, OBC, PwDs etc.
|Category name||Relaxation in upper age limit (in years)|
|PwDs||10 (UR), 13 (OBC) & 15 (SC/ST)|
Those candidates who want to apply for RRB ASM 2018 recruitment event should have a graduation degree in any discipline obtained from any central/state based university/institution. Graduation final year students waiting for results of the final examination do not apply.
Physical fitness is necessary for assistant station master’s job. A candidate must be physically fit in all respects. At the time of medical test, a candidate has to pass test for binocular vision, colour vision, field of vision & night vision. Other minimum visual-standards are given below.
|Distance Vision||6/9, 6/9||without glasses|
|Near Vision||Sn: 0.6, 0.6||With or without glasses|
RRB ASM Application Fee 2018
A candidate belonging to any of the categories SC, ST, PwD, Ex-servicemen, female, Minority, financially weak class has to pay a fee of Rs. 250 as their examination fee. However, this examination fee (after deducting bank changes) will be refunded back to a candidate if s/he will appear in CBT. On the other hand, general & other candidates have to pay a fee of Rs. 500/- (non-refundable) as their examination fee.
|Names of categories||Amount to be paid by a candidate (in Rs.)||Refundable or not|
|Economically backward classes||250||Refundable|
Note – candidates belonging to special categories need to produce a supportive document at the time of online application
All the candidates can pay their application fee either online by using a debit/credit card/net banking facility or offline by submitting cash along with a system-generated e-challan in any SBI’s branch or post office before the last date.
RRB ASM Application Form 2018 & Process
RRB ASM 2018 aspirants need to fill and submit online application on any of the RRB(s) website to apply for RRB ASM 2018 recruitment event. RRB will not accept application submitted in other modes. Therefore, interested candidates have to visit any of the RRB(s) website for attempting online application. Online application will be divided into three parts:
- One-time registration
- Application fee payment
- Final submission after filling up additional details
How To Fill RRB ASM 2018 Online Application?
- Go to any of the RRB(s) official website you wish to apply for
- Now, find and click on ‘Click here to apply for ASM 2018’
- You will see a new page where you have to get registered yourself
- For registration, you have to click ‘New Registration’ tab
- But before that read all the provided steps to be followed while Registering & Filing the Online Application carefully
- After all this, hit the cursor on ‘New registration’ tab
- A new page will be opened having a registration form
- Fill all the required details carefully and submit it after accepting declaration terms
- Immediately, you will see a registration number along with a password
- Use it to login into your account
- Now, fill rest of the details and select payment option either online or offline
- Don’t forget to upload image & signature
- Now, fill additional details (if needed)
- And, click on the ‘Final Submit’ tab
- Print your final submitted application form and keep it safe to use in future
RRB ASM Syllabus 2018 & Exam Pattern
RRB ASM 2018 will be a single stage CBT, followed by aptitude test and document verification. It will be of 1.50 hours having 100 multiple-choice questions. CBT will be divided into 3 sections- general awareness, arithmetic, general intelligence & reasoning. Section-wise syllabus is given below
- General awareness – This section will have MCQs relating to National/international events, awards, famous personality, current affairs, books with author name, important abbreviations, Indian constitution, history, geography, budget, economy, general science, environment etc.
- Arithmetic – This section will contain MCQs related to the following important topics- LCM & HCF, number system, compound & simple interest, profit & loss, time & work, time & distance, percentage, simplification, algebra, data interpretation, mensuration etc.
- General Intelligence & Reasoning – This section will have objective questions from several topics like number ranking problems, general reasoning problems, blood relations, decision making, alphabet series, age related problems, coding & decoding, arithmetic reasoning, direction test, mathematical operations, mental ability problems etc.
CB Aptitude Test
Those candidates who will be qualified in single stage CBT will be called for computer-based aptitude test followed y document verification. Candidates are required to bring a vision certificate to aptitude test centre from an eye specialist. Computer based aptitude test will be divided into 5 tests/sections- intelligence test, selective attention test, spatial scanning test, information ordering test and personality test.
|Section Name||Number of MCQs||Total duration (in minutes)|
|Selective Attention Test||30|
|Spatial Scanning Test||40|
|Information Ordering Test||25|
RRB ASM Admit Card 2018
RRB ASM 2018 admit cards will be available to download before ten days from the date of examination. RRBs will issue a separate admit card for both single stage CBT as well as aptitude test. Admit cards will not be sent by courier or any other mode to the candidates by RRB. A candidate itself needs to download his/her RRB ASM 2018 admit card from the RRB(s) website.
How I download my RBB ASM 2018 admit card?
- Open RRB(s) website in your browser
- Now, go to the ‘RRB ASM 2018 section’
- Find and click on the ‘Download Admit Card’ link
- Enter the required details like registration number & password
- Click on the ‘Submit’ tab
- You will see your RRB ASM 201 admit card
- Save or print it
Note – All the candidates have to bring a valid admit card along with an original photo ID to the examination centre
RRB ASM Exam Date 2018
RRB ASM 2018 exam date is yet to be released by RRBs. It is expected that single state CBT and aptitude test dates will be given in RRB ASM 2018 official notification to be released in few days. To know examination and other important dates, stay connected with us as very soon we will update all the information as per official notification once released.
RRB ASM Result 2018
RRB ASM 2018 result is expected to be declared within 3 weeks from the date of examination. RRBs will declare both test result separately. To check single stage CBT result or aptitude test result, a candidate has to visit to the RRBs official website.
How To Check RRB ASM 2018 Result?
- Open any of the RRB(s) website
- Now, find and click on the ‘Recruitment for ASM 2018’ link
- Click on the given ‘Result’ link
- Enter the required details such as registration number and password
- Click ‘Submit’ tab
- You will see your ASM 2018 result
- Download/save or print it
- Close the website