RRB NTPC Recruitment 2018 – Application Form, Apply Online :
It is expected that in the year 2018, RRBs are going to release RRB NTPC 2018 Recruitment Notification ‘centralized employment notice’ to recruit the eligible candidates on the posts of traffic assistant, senior time keeper, assistant station master (ASM), junior accounts assistant-cum-typist (JAA), senior clerk-cum-typist, goods guard, enquiry-cum-reservation clerk (ECRC), traffic apprentice (TA) and commercial apprentice (CA). A candidate wants to apply for any above-mentioned post(s) should ensure that s/he fulfill all eligibility conditions assigned for the post(s) on the date of submitting application. In this article find complete details like eligibility criteria, age limit & relaxation, application fee & process etc.
Railway Recruitment Board(s) (familiar as RRBs) is one of the most popular government organizations in India. RRBs run under Ministry of Railways, Government of India with an aim to recruit new eligible candidates in Indian railways. There are total 21 RRBs located in different regions of India
|Gorakhpur||Guwahati||Jammu & Kashmir|
- Important Dates
- Application Form
- Apply Online
- Exam Pattern
- Admit Card
- Cut Off
RRB NTPC (Graduate) Exam 2018 Notification
Railway Recruitment board will release RRB Non Technical Graduate Recruitment 2018 notification for filling approximately 20,000 vacancies in the month of June 2018. Interested candidates can apply online on concerned RRB website from June 2018 to appear in the examination.
RRB NTPC Graduate Exam 2018 Important Dates
|Examination conducted by||The Railway Recruitment Board(s) (RRBs)|
|Examination Name||RRB Non-Technical Graduate Exam 2018|
|Essential educational Qualification||Minimum Graduation|
|Typing Skills||Not necessary for all post(s)|
|Examination type||Recruitment test for Non-Technical popular categories|
|Official notification||June 2018|
|Starting date to fill the form online||June 2018|
|Last date to fill the form online||July 2018|
|Admit card download||Will be updated shortly|
|Single Stage computer based test||Will be updated shortly|
|Typing skill test||Will be updated shortly|
|Document verification||Will be updated shortly|
|Final result declaration||Will be updated shortly|
|Examination centers||all over India (major towns or cities)|
|Apply online on||Respective RRB(s) website|
RRB NTPC (Graduate) 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Age-limit & Relaxation
Candidates applying for any post(s) should be at least 18 years old but not more than 32 years at the time of submitting application. However, relaxation in maximum age-limit will be provided to candidates of categories listed in below table
|S.no.||Category name||Age relaxation (in years)|
Post-wise essential Qualifications
Details of the post-wise minimum educational qualification are given below table
|S.No.||Name of the post||Minimum Educational Qualification|
|1||Senior time keeper||Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university or its equivalent along with typing proficiency in English/Hindi on computer|
|2||Traffic assistant||Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university or its equivalent|
|3||Assistant station master (ASM)||Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university or its equivalent|
|4||Senior clerk-cum-typist||Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university or its equivalent along with typing proficiency in English/Hindi on computer|
|5||Junior Accounts assistant-cum-typist||Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university or its equivalent along with typing proficiency in English/Hindi on computer|
|6||Goods guard||Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university or its equivalent|
|7||Enquiry-cum-reservation clerk||Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university or its equivalent|
|8||Traffic Apprentice||Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university or its equivalent|
|9||Commercial apprentice||Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university or its equivalent|
RRB NTPC Graduate Exam 2018 Application Fee and Mode Of Payment
All the candidates applying for any above-mentioned post(s) have to pay a fee of Rs 100/- as their examination fee. There will be no examination fee for applicants belonging to any of the following categories- PwD, SC, ST, Ex-servicemen, women, minorities, financially backward classes having annual family income less than INR 50k and transgender. Candidates can pay their examination fee (if applicable) through either online or offline. To pay fee online, candidates have to use a debit/credit card or net banking facility. Candidates can also pay their examination fee offline through any computerized post office or SBI branch after downloading a pre-printed Pay-in-slip/challan.
RRB NTPC 2018 Application Form & Process
Interested candidates can apply for a post(s) via online application mode by visiting the website of concerned RRBs. Before attempting online application, a candidate is recommended to go through the instructions available on the website of RRB.
How To Apply Online?
- Go to the website of the concerned regional RRB for which you want to apply
- Find and click on the ‘Online/E-Application’ link
- Click on ‘New registration’ link
- Now, fill basic details such as name, father’s name, email ID, mobile number, date of birth (as in 10th mark sheet), community etc.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button
- Instantly, you will receive an email with a link on your given email id
- Click on the link available in received mail to proceed further
- Now, follow the instructions carefully to complete your online registration process
- Now, you will receive a registration number and password
- Now, login using same registration number and password
- Now, you have to fill rest details such as number of posts you want to apply, educational qualification.
- Also, candidates have to select up to 5 cities for participating in CBT
- Now, pay your examination fee (if applicable) via online or offline
- Once again, you have to login with registration number & password to upload documents such as category certificates (if applicable), latest PP size image etc.
- Now, finally submit your application and take a print out
Note – Application submitted to more than one RRB will lead to rejection of all the applications
RRB NTPC Graduate 2018 Exam Pattern
It will be common CBT (computer based test) scheduled to be conducted on the same day(s) by all participating Railway Recruitment Boards. However, exact examination date is still not known. It is expected that RRB Non-technical Graduate 2018 examination will be held in the month of August or September 2018. Post-wise exam pattern is given below.
- Online CBT will be a common test for all the posts. CBT will be of 90 minutes duration having 100 MCQs. The question paper will be divided into three sections- general awareness, arithmetic, general intelligence & reasoning. CBT question paper will be available in local languages, Urdu, English and Hindi.
- Candidates applying for junior accounts assistant-cum-typist, senior clerk-cum-typist and senior time keeper posts also have to appear in typing skill test of qualifying nature along with above-mentioned CBT. In this test, a candidate have to type 30 words per minute in English or 25 word per minute in Hindi on computer.
- Candidates applying for assistant station manager (ASM) and traffic assistant have to appear in aptitude test as well along with CBT.
- All the candidates applying for any post(s) have to appear in document verification. At the time of document verification, candidates have to produce the following original documents.
- 10th/12th mark sheet or certificates for proof of date of birth,
- Graduation’s semester wise mark sheet or degree/certificate,
- Caste certificate (if applicable),
- Original discharge document for Ex-servicemen,
- Income certificate for financially backward classes,
- PwD certificate,
- Minority community declaration certificate,
- Self certification by transgender applicants and
- NOC for serving employees.
RRB NTPC 2018 Syllabus
For Common CBT:
|S.No.||Section Name||MCQs from topics|
|1||General awareness||National/international, main events, current affairs, books with author name, awards, famous personality, important abbreviations, Indian budget, economy, history, geography, general science, environment etc.|
|2||Arithmetic||Data interpretation, profit & loss, simple interest, mensuration, time & work, time & distance, number system, compound & simple interest, percentage, simplification, algebra, LCM & HCF etc.|
|3||General Intelligence & Reasoning||Verbal reasoning, blood relations, decision making, alphabet series, coding & decoding, number ranking problems, age related problems, arithmetic reasoning, direction test, age calculations, mental ability problems, general reasoning problems, mathematical operations etc.|
Aptitude Test Syllabus For Candidates Applying For Assistant Station Manager (ASM) and Traffic Assistant Posts:
|Section No.||Section Name||Number of Questions||Total Time limit (in minutes)|
|2||Selective Attention Test||30|
|3||Spatial Scanning Test||40|
|4||Information Ordering Test||25|
Note – There will be nonegative marking for the incorrect answer.
RRB NTPC Exam 2018 Call letters
Eligible candidates can download their e-call letters from the website of concerned RRB. The RRB will issue a separate e-call letter for each test. E- Call letters will be available to download about 2 weeks before commencement of the examination. RRB will not send admit cards by post to any candidate.
All the candidates going to appear in RRB examination have to carry an original photo ID along with their valid admit card to the examination centre. If any candidate failed to do so, s/he will be not allowed to appear for the test.
RRB Non-Technical Graduate 2018 Examination Centers
The railway recruitment boards (RRBs) will conduct this Non-Technical examination in several cities/towns across the nation. Few state-wise names of examination cities are given below.
|S.No.||State name||Tentative exam cities|
|1||Andaman & Nicobar||Port Blair|
|2||Andhra Pradesh||Chittoor, Eluru, Gooty, Rajam, Tirupati, Guntur, Tekkali, Visakhapatnam|
|3||Arunachal Pradesh||Itanagar, Naharlagun|
|4||Assam||Dibrugarh, Kokrajhar, Guwahati|
|5||Bihar||Arrah, Gaya, Muzzaffarpur, Siwan, Darbhanga, Hajipur|
|6||Gujarat||Anand, Ahmedabad, Bhavnagar, Rajkot, Nadiad, Mehsana|
|7||Uttar Pradesh||Aligarh, Agra, Lucknow, Kanpur, Moradabad, Sultanpur, Varanasi, Faizabad, Bijnor, Bulandshahr, Barabanki|
|8||West Bengal||Haldia, Kolkata, Asansol, Bankura, Howrah, Krishnanagar, Siliguri|
|9||Telangana||Hyderabad, Nizamabad, Nalgonda, Mahabubnagar|
|10||Tamil Nadu||Chennai, Tirupur, Salem, Namakkal, Madurai, Coimbatore, Kanyakumari|
Note – For complete state-wise examination centers list, check RRB’s official notification.
RRB NTPC 2018 Result
The Railway Recruitment Board(s) will declare separate result for each test. All common CBT/aptitude test/typing skill tests result will be published on concerned RRB website. Candidates have to go to the concerned RRB website to check their result.
RRB NTPC 2018 Cut-Off
Cut-off marks are the minimum marks required to qualify for the next stage of examination or to get selected in the merit list. If a candidate wants to appear in next level examination or to get selected in the final list then s/he should has to score prescribed cut-off marks.
RRB NTPC (Graduate) 2018 Important Books
There are several important books available out there. Here, I’m proving the names of few.
- Railway Non-Technical CBT Question Bank 1997 till date by Kiran Prakashan
- RRB NTPC 2nd Stage Examination 2017 (Guide) by G.K. Publications
- RRB NTPC 25 Practice Sets – Stage 2 Exam (CBT) 2017 by G.K. Publications
- RRB CBT Guide 2017 by G.K. Publications
Finally, if you want to know more about this or any other competitive examination, just shoot a comment below.