RRB JE 2018-19 Notification – Apply Online & Application Form For 14033 Vacancies : Railway Recruitment Board has released Junior Engineer Official Notification on the 29th of December 2018. It was also announced by the recruitment board that the application process begins on the 2nd of January 2019 and will close on the 31st of January 2019. The recruitment notification is for the Junior Engineer position, Junior Engineer (Information Technology), Depot Material Superintendent (DMS) and Chemical & Metallurgical Assistant (CMA).
- Important Dates
- Application Form
- Apply Online
- Exam Fee
- Exam Pattern
- Admit Card
- Cut Off
This recruitment is for filling up positions in different Zonal Railways and Production Units of Indian Railways. The total number of positions is 14033, divided as follows:
- Chemical & Metallurgical Assistant – 494
- Depot Material Superintendent – 456
- Junior Engineer (Information Technology) – 49
- Junior Engineer – 13034
The pay for candidates hired for these positions will be Rs.35400 plus allowances as applicable. The test for RRB for Junior Engineer Position will be conducted for 150 marks and the question paper will have 150 questions of which 60 questions will be generic and 90 questions will be from technical subjects.
RRB JE 2018 -19 Important Dates
For those planning to apply for the RRB JE Recruitment, they should be aware of the important dates. Here are the important dates for the RRB JE Recruitment 2019:
|Release of Notification||29th December 2018|
|Starting Date of Online Registration of Application ||02nd January 2019 at 10 hours|
|Closing Date for Online Registration of Application ||31st January 2019 at 23.59 Hours|
|Fee Payment Online (Net Banking/Credit/Debit Card/UPI)||05th February 2019 at 22.00 Hours|
|SBI Bank Challan/Post Office Challan||04th February 2019 at 13.00 Hours|
|Final Submission of Applications||07th February 2019 at 23.59 Hours|
|Admit Card Release||Tentatively in the month of March 2019|
|Date of Computer-Based Test||March or April 2019 (Tentative)|
|Result for computer-based test||To be known after the test|
|Document Verification||To be notified after result announcement|
|Medical Examination||Date to be known after the announcement of the result|
RRB JE 2018 -19 Notification Release
The notification has been released on the official website of the Railway Recruitment Board. The website links for different branches of RRB from which candidates are recommended to see the notification are given in the table below:
Candidates are recommended to apply only through the official website of the appropriate branch of the RRB based on the place to which they belong to.
RRB JE 2018 Eligibility
As on the 1st of January 2019, the applicants must be between the age group of 18 and 33 years. The relaxation of the upper age limit will be applicable to all eligible candidates. The complete details in this respect are indicated on the official notification.
Educational Qualification Requirement
The educational qualification required for different positions for which RRB JE Recruitment is announced is as follows:
- Junior Engineer – Degree or diploma in engineering in the appropriate discipline that will be notified on the official website of RRB.
- Chemical & Metallurgical Assistant – UG Degree in Science with chemistry and physics with at least 45% of marks.
- Junior Engineer (Information Technology) – Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications/Bachelor of Science in Computer Science/Bachelor of Computer Applications/B. Tech in IT/Computer Science/DOEACC B Level Course of three-year duration or a similar course from a recognized board/university/institute.
- Depot Material Superintendent – Diploma/Degree in the appropriate branch of engineering.
Candidates should make sure that they meet the prescribed medical standards for the appropriate position. Candidates can get the details in this respect from the official notification. Candidates, who are found medically unfit will not be appointed even if they are eligible by other means.
RRB JE 2018-19 Application Form
The application form will be available on the official website of Railway Recruitment Board in the appropriate websites as mentioned above. The application process will begin from the 2nd of January 2019 and will end on the 31st of January 2019.
RRB JE 2018 – How To Apply Online?
The application process for the RRB JE 2019 is detailed below:
- Candidates will have to visit the appropriate website of the region to which they belong.
- When they visit the appropriate website, they will have to first register themselves.
- To register, candidates will have to provide their name, Email ID, mobile number, DOB. On submission of these details, they will get their login credentials to their registered Email ID. They will get an activation link to their Email.
- Then, candidates will have to log in to the appropriate website of RRB using the activation link for submission of online application.
- As the first stage after login, they will have to select the post, exam language, communication address, education details and they will also have to select examination centre. After filling up all the details, they will have to go to the payment stage.
- The payment should be paid through net banking or debit card. Payment of application fee can also be done offline.
- Once, payment is made, candidates will have to upload their signature and a recent photograph. Then, candidates will also have to upload their caste certificate (if applicable).
- The photograph should be recent in the size 3.5 x 3.5 cm in JPG/JPEG Format. The size of the file should be between 15 and 40KB.
- After uploading the photograph, candidates will have to preview the photo. If it looks correct, they can submit the photograph. Otherwise, they will have to upload a fresh photograph.
- Finally, the application should be submitted and candidates are recommended to take a printout of the application for future reference.
The fee to be paid by all candidates except those falling under the fee-concession category is Rs.500. Out of this fee, Rs.400 will be refunded duly deducting bank charges when they appear for the first stage of Computer Based Test. In the case of reserved category candidates, women and transgender, the fee to be paid is Rs.250 and this fee of Rs.250 will be entirely refunded after deducting bank charges when appearing for the first stage of the computer-based test.
Candidates will need the following documents ready when they apply for RRB JE:
- 10th standard certificate as candidates will have to enter their Date of Birth and name as in this certificate.
- Year of passing, the name of the board, state of education, SSLC/10th or Matric Roll Number. So, candidates should need the appropriate documents.
- Caste Certificate in the case of reserved category candidates
- Aadhaar Card
- A Valid Email ID and Mobile Number
- People with disability should have a disability certificate
- Appropriate certificate for Ex-Servicemen Category
RRB JE Exam Pattern
Here is the pattern of the pattern of test for RRB Junior Engineer Position:
|Type of Exam||Name of the subjects||Total Questions||Utmost Marks||Duration of the Exam|
|General Awareness||60||60||2 hrs|
|Objective Type||General Intelligence and Reasoning|
RRB JE Syllabus 2018 -19
The syllabus for technical subject differs based on the branch for which candidates apply. In addition to this syllabus for technical subjects, the details of the syllabus for other papers can be gathered by candidates from the official notification.
Candidates will be selected for the RRB JE Position based on the merit they secure in the written examination. Candidates shortlisted from the written test will be called for personal interview and finally, candidates will be selected after document verification.
RRB JE Admit Card 2018-19
For the exam that is tentatively be conducted in the month of March/April 2019, candidates can expect the admit card to be released in the month of March 2019.
How To Download Admit Card?
- Candidates will have to visit the appropriate website of the RRB to the region to which they belong to.
- They will have to click on the link called “Admit Card for RRB JE 2019”
- When they click on this link, they will be prompted to enter their credentials.
- After entering the required details, they will see the admit card displayed on the screen.
- They will have to make sure that the details are correct and then, they will have to download the RRB JE Admit Card 2019.
RRB JE Results 2019
Candidates can check the results for the RRB JE 2019 from the official website of the Railway Recruitment Board from the appropriate website to the region to which they belong.
RRB JE Cut Off 2018-19
Candidates can expect different cut-off based on the category to which they belong to. The range of cut-off for different categories is as follows:
Candidates can expect the cut-off within the appropriate range based on the category to which they belong to as mentioned earlier. It can be anywhere in the range given above.