SSC CPO Syllabus 2020 : SSC CPO selection process include written test paper 1, PET/PST, written test paper 2 and Medical exam. SSC CPO written exam pattern will consist of two papers – paper 1 will have 200 MCQs for 200 marks and paper 2 will be English language and Reading Comprehension for 200 marks. SSC CPO Syllabus has been given in detail in this article as per official notification.
- SSC CPO notification 2020 will be released on the SSC official website @ www.ssc.nic.in on 17th September 2020.
- The online application process will start from 17th September 2020 and will continue till 16th October 2020.
- SSC CPO Paper one (computer based test) is going to be held from 11th to 13th December 2020 and the date for rest of the tests will be announced in due course.
After completing the application process, SSC will go through the applications and call the eligible candidates to appear for the examination by issuing admit cards. SSC CPO Exam will be a four phase process consist of Computer Based Test, Physical Endurance Test & Physical Standards Test, Written Test Paper II and Medical Exam.
Find the Important Dates for SSC CPO Recruitment 2020 in the table provided below.
|Start of online application||17th September 2020|
|Closing of online application||16th October 2020|
|SSC CPO Paper I Exam||11th December 2020 to 13th December 2020|
|SSC CPO Paper I Results||To be notified|
|Physical Standard Test & Physical Endurance Test||To be notified|
|SSC CPO Paper II Exam||To be notified|
|SSC CPO Paper II Result||To be notified|
|SSC CPO Medical Exam||To be notified|
|SSC CPO Final Result||To be notified|
SSC CPO Exam Pattern 2020
The SSC CPO exam 2020 involves an online exam (Paper I), a Physical Test, an Objective Type exam (Paper II) and a Medical examination. SSC CPO exam pattern 2020 is mentioned below.
Paper I: Computer Based Test
Paper I of the exam is an online computer based test which have 4 subjects namely English, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning and General Awareness.
|Subject||Total questions||Total marks||Duration|
|English Language||50||50||2 Hours|
- The total duration of CBT is 2 hours. Candidates will have to finish their exam within the stipulated time.
- All the questions will be MCQ type questions.
- For every correct answer 1 mark will be awarded.
- There will be negative marking.
- For every wrong answer 0.25 marks will be deducted, however no marks will be deducted for answered questions.
- Questions will be set bilingually i.e. in both Hindi and English, except for the English part where all questions will be set in English only.
Paper II: Objective Type Exam
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|English language and Reading Comprehension||200||200||2 Hours|
- There will be 200 questions for 200 marks in Paper II.
- Candidates will get 2 hours to answer all 200 questions.
- All the questions will Objective type MCQs.
- Candidates will get 1 mark for every correct answer and 0.25 marks will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- There will be no penalty for any unanswered questions.
Physical Standard Test
No marks will be awarded for Physical Standard Test (PET) and Physical Endurance Test (PET). These tests will be qualifying in nature.
The minimum physical standards required for SSC CPO are given below.
|General||170 cm||157 cm|
|ST||162.5 cm||154 cm|
|Candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North Eastern States and Sikkim||165 cm||155 cm|
Chest (Only for male candidates)
|General||85 cm||80 cm|
|ST||82 cm||77 cm|
|Candidates belonging to Hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North Eastern States and Sikkim||85 cm||80 cm|
Physical Endurance Test
The candidates have to perform the below given task within prescribed time limit.
|100 meter race||16 seconds||18 seconds|
|1.6 Km race||6 minutes 30 seconds||NA|
|800 meter race||NA||4 minutes|
|Long Jump||3.65 meters||2.7 meters|
|High Jump||1.2 meters||0.9 meters|
|Shot put (16 Lbs.)||4.5 meters||NA|
Note: Candidates will get 3 chances to qualify Long Jump, High Jump and Shot Put.
SSC CPO Syllabus 2020
The commission sets different SSC CPO Syllabus for both the stages of the exam as follows.
Paper I will contain 200 questions from 4 subjects namely Reasoning, English language, Quantitative aptitude and General awareness. The Paper I syllabus is mentioned below.
- Cubes and dice
- Alphabet series
- Non-verbal series
- Number series
- Statement conclusions and Statement arguments
- Mirror image
- Embedded figures
- Blood relations
- Seating arrangement
- Clocks and calendars
- Paper cutting and Paper folding
- Pipes and cistern
- Boats and Streams
- Profit and Loss
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Volume and Surface Area
- Time, speed and Distance
- Allegation and Mixture
- Ratio and Proportion
- Square Root and Cube Root
- Height and Distance
- Time and Work
- Problems on Ages
- Indian history
- Indian economy
- Polity and constitution
- Indian geography
- Culture and heritage
- Current affairs (events of national and international importance)
- Static GK
- Environmental studies
- Basic English
- Reading Comprehension
- Writing ability
English Language and Comprehension
- Understating of English Language
- Fill In The Blanks
- Sentence Structure
- Sentence Completion
- Phrases And Idioms
- Error Recognition
SSC CPO Selection Process 2020
The SSC CPO selection procedure 2020 involve clearing four stages namely Paper I, PST / PET, Paper II and Medical Test. Only after all these four stages are successfully cleared, a candidate eligible for the appointment on the said post.
Stage 1: Paper I Exam
The SSC will conduct Paper I for the prospective candidates from 11th December 2020 to 13th December 2020. After the successful completion of this exam, the commission will release the category wise cut off marks as well as the list of the candidates who have qualified the Paper I. Those candidates whose name and roll number appears on the list shall be called further for the PST / PET round.
Stage 2: PST / PET
Qualifying candidates of Paper I will have to appear for Physical Standard and Endurance Test. These tests will be qualifying in nature, during which the physical measurement of candidates will be taken and those who qualify the PST will be put through some physical tasks (as mentioned above). All the candidates must have to qualify PST and PET in order to appear for Paper II.
Stage 3: Paper II Exam
Those candidates, who successfully clear the PST / PET round, can find their names and roll numbers in the merit list that will be uploaded by SSC on its website. Shortlisted candidates will be issued call letters to appear for Paper II, which will be conducted for 200 marks and consist of 200 MCQs related to English language and reading comprehension.
Stage 4: Medical Fitness Test
Candidates clearing the Paper II will be called further to appear for the medical fitness test. Candidates have to go through several stages to clear this fitness test successfully. Those candidates who are declared fit and sound by the DME/RME data are then called for the final document verification round.
Once all the documents have been verified and cross checked properly, the commission recommends the names of the selected candidates for appointment to various posts according to their preference and the number of vacancies available.
All the selected candidates need to present original as well as photocopies of the below mentioned documents when they are called for verification of documents.
- Certificate of proof of education qualifications (matriculation, higher secondary, graduation degree/certificates)
- A government approved valid photo ID proof (Aadhaar, PAN, Voter’s ID, Driving License, Ration Card, etc.)
- Address Proof
- Certificate of Date of Birth
- Recent passport size photographs (colour photographs)
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
- Ex-serviceman proof
- Minority certificate ( If applicable)
- Domicile certificate ( Jammu and Kashmir candidates)
SSC CPO Recruitment 2020 Exam FAQs
Q. When Will SSC CPO Exam Held?
A. SSC CPO Paper I will be conducted from 11th to 13th December 2020.
Q. What Type Of Questions Will Be Asked In SSC CPO Exam 2020?
A. SSC CPO exam will consist of multiple choice objective questions.
Q. Will There Be Negative Marking In SSC CPO Exam?
A. Yes, there will be negative marking in SSC CPO Exam. There will be a penalty of 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer but no marks will be deducted for unanswered questions.
Q. What Will Be The Duration Of SSC CPO Paper I?
A. Duration of SSC CPO Paper I will be 2 hours.