RBI Grade B 2022 [Apply Online, Exam Date, Vacancy] : RBI Grade B 2022 Notification will be released on 27 January 2022 at the RBI official website www.rbi.org.in. RBI Grade B exam 2022 will be direct recruitment for the posts of Specialists in Grade ‘B’ in Common Seniority Group (CSG) streams. Candidates have to apply online for RBI Grade B posts through the official website only and no other mode for submission of application is available.
- RBI Grade B Online registration will commence from 28 January 2022 and the last date of registration with payment of fee will be 15 February 2022.
- The applicant must have attained an age of 21 years but not have attained an age of 30 years as of 01 Jan 2022.
- Candidates must have Bachelor’s Degree with 60% marks in the 12th and 10th classes to be eligible for Grade B Officer posts.
- General and OBC Candidates have to pay the application fee of Rs. 850/- (Including Intimation Charges) and SC/ST/PWD candidates have to pay Rs. 100/- as intimation charges only and they are exempted from the application fee.
Candidates must check and fulfil the eligibility criteria to apply for the posts, if anyone doesn’t satisfy the eligibility, their candidature will be cancelled. RBI Grade B Notification can be accessed online from the RBI Website. RBI will fill 199 vacancies of officers available in its various branches located across the nation.
RBI Services Board invites online application forms from the eligible candidates and admits them to the exam based on the details filled in the online application and will determine their eligibility at the final stage i.e., Interview.
- Application Form
- Apply Online
- Application Fee
- Exam Pattern
- Exam Centres
- Admit Card
- Cut Off
RBI Grade B 2022 Notification
Reserve Bank of India Services Board, Mumbai will release RBI Grade B 2022 advertisement to conduct direct recruitment for the posts of Officers in Grade ‘B’ in Common Seniority Group (CSG) streams. Officers in Grade B General, Officers in Grade B DEPR (Department of Economic and Policy Research), Officers in Grade B DSIM (Department of Statistics and Information Management) will be recruited through this notification.
RBI Grade B 2022 Notification PDF – Download Here Now!
RBI Grade B Vacancy 2022
Reserve Bank of India Services Board organizes and conducts a recruitment exercise for the vacancies of Grade B Officers in Common Seniority Group available in various branches of RBI. The number of vacancies to be filled through RBI Grade B 2022 is 322. Further details of vacancies have been provided below.
|Post||GEN / UR||SC||ST||OBC||EWS||Total|
|Officers in Grade ‘B’(DR)- DSIM||9||5||5||3||1||23|
|Officers in Grade ‘B’(DR)- DEPR||13||5||3||6||2||29|
|Officers in Grade ‘B’(DR)- General||108||49||27||59||27||270|
|Name of the exam||RBI Grade B Exam 2022|
|Conducted by||Reserve Bank of India Services Board, Mumbai|
|Advertisement no.||To be released|
|Mode of application||Online|
|RBI official website||www.rbi.org.in|
|Apply online @||https://opportunities.rbi.org.in|
|Mode of examination||Online|
|RBI Grade B Important Dates|
|Notification||27 January 2022|
|Apply online start date||28 January 2022|
|Apply online last date||15 February 2022|
|RBI Grade B Exam Dates|
|Grade B Officer General/DEPR/DSIM Phase I||6 March 2022|
|Grade B Officer General Phase II||1 April 2022|
|Grade B Officer DEPR Phase II||31 March 2022|
|Grade B Officer DSIM Phase II||31 March 2022|
|Admit Card||One week before each stage of exam|
|Declaration of Result||One week after each of Phase exam|
RBI Grade B Eligibility 2022
All the interested candidates should make sure that they fulfil the eligibility conditions given in the RBI Grade B 2022 notification PDF.
Candidates must be either a,
- Citizen of India OR
- A Subject of Bhutan or Nepal OR
- A PIO who came to India to settle permanently from Sri Lanka, Burma, Pakistan, East African countries of Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania, Uganda, Malawi, Zaire, Zambia, Ethiopia and Vietnam OR
- A Tibetan refugee who came to India before 01 Jan 1962 to settle permanently
Candidates other than Indian citizens will have to produce and submit a certificate of eligibility to the authorities concerned. Their certificate of eligibility must have been issued by the Government of India.
Age Limit & Relaxation
As on 01 Jan 2022, the applicant must have attained an age of 21 years but not have attained an age of 30 years i.e., Applicants must have been born between 02 Jan 1992 and 01 Jan 2001. In case, an applicant is possessing a PhD and M.Phil. then his/her upper age limit can be 34 and 32 respectively. Further, the upper age limit can be relaxed in the following cases
- Up to 5 years relaxation for SC / ST category candidates
- Up to 3 years for OBC candidates
- Up to 5 years for ex-employees of any banking institution
- whose services were terminated due to economy, bank liquidation retrenched Govt. employees with 1-year service and registered with employment exchange
- UP to 5 years if a person has been ordinarily domiciled in UT of J&K and UT of Ladakh between 1st Jan 1980 to 31 Dec 1989
- UP to 5 years for ex-servicemen who have served for 5 years in Military Service
- Up to 10 years for the General/ EWSs PwBD.
- For SC / ST PwBD – 15 years
- OBC PwBD – 13 years
- For Officer in Commercial banks/ FI in the Public sector, the upper age limit will be relaxed to the extent of years of experience subject to maximum of 3 years with an upper age limit of 33.
Minimum Educational Qualifications (As on 01 Jan 2022)
Posts wise minimum educational qualifications are given below
|Officers in Grade 'B' (DR) - DSIM||Jointly offered PGDBA [PG diploma in Business Analytics] by IIM Calcutta / IIT Kharagpur & ISI Kolkata with 50% marks or equivalent |
M. Stat. Degree of Indian Statistical Institute with at least 55% marks
Master's Degree in Mathematics with at least 55% marks along with 1-year PG diploma in Statistics or related subjects
A Master's Degree in Statistics & Informatics / Econometrics / Mathematical Economics / Mathematical Statistics / Statistics from IIT-Kharagpur / Applied Statistics & Informatics from IIT-Bombay with at least 55% marks
|Doctorate in topics related to subjects mentioned under section ‘Essential qualifications’|
Research & publication in standard journals or teaching experience
|Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) – DEPR||A master’s degree in Finance / Integrated Economics Course / Mathematical Economics / Quantitative Economics / Econometrics / Economics, with at least 55% marks||A doctorate degree in Economics or research or publications in standards journals or teaching experience|
|Officers in Grade ‘B’ (DR) (General)||Bachelor’s degree with at least 60% marks along with 60% marks in class 12th (or Diploma or equivalent) and 10th examinations||Not Applicable|
Number of Attempts
General category candidates who have already appeared 6 times for RBI Grade B Phase I examination are not eligible to apply for RBI Grade B 2022 whereas there are no such restrictions for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PwBD/EWSs.
RBI Grade B Application Form 2022
RBI Grade B Application forms are available to fill and submit online on Bank’s website @https://opportunities.rbi.org.in and no other mode for submission of application will be available. The online registration commences from 28 Jan 2022 and the last date of registration will be 15 Feb 2022.
Candidates are advised to submit a single application, in case of submission of multiple applications, ensure that the application with higher ID is complete in all aspects as it will be considered final. Before applying online, you have to keep the following documents and details ready.
- Valid email ID & mobile no.
- Scanned copy of photograph & signature as per guidelines mentioned in notification – Photo (4.5*3.5 cm, 20 kb to 50 kb in size & dimensions- 200 x 230 pixels) & Signature (dimensions- 140 x 60 pixels, 10kb to 20 kb in size)
- Scanned file of left thumb impression (dimensions- 140 x 60 pixels, size – 10 – 20 kb)
- The scanned file of the handwritten declaration
- “I, _______ (Name of the candidate), hereby declare that all the information submitted by me in the application form is correct, true and valid. I will present the supporting documents as and when required.”
- Necessary details/card to make payment online
Read : RBI Grade B Apply Online
RBI Grade B 2022 Apply Online
- Open RBI official website or click here
- Find and click on ‘Opportunities @ RBI’ under More Links
- Under Current Vacancies, click on vacancies
- Find and click on URL ‘Recruitment of “Officers in Grade B-DR (General), DEPR/DSIM-2022’
- Click on the hyperlink ‘Online Application’ to redirect to the online registration page
- Find and click on the ‘Click here for New Registration’ link
- Read Important Points to be noted and click on ‘Continue’
- Enter and confirm First Name, Middle Name, Last Name
- Enter Mobile no and confirm the same
- Enter the alternate number which is optional
- Enter Email ID and confirm the same
- Enter security code as shown in image
- Click on ‘Save & Next’
- Provisional registration no. & password will be generated by the system. It will be displayed on the screen and candidates will also receive it through SMS and Email.
Photo & Signature
- Upload scanned files of photo and signature using choose file option
- Click on ‘Next’
- Enter SSC/ 10th, HSC/12th, Graduation/ Bachelor’s Degree, PG Diploma, M.Phill, Doctorate/PhD, Others details of Degree, Subject/ Stream, Date of passing, % of Marks, Name of Board/ University, Class/ Grade (Graduation degree details are mandatory and others are optional)
- Select Yes/No for Do you have operating knowledge of computers, If yes, enter details of computer knowledge
Work Experience Details (Optional)
- Select Yes/ No for presently working
- Enter experience details including date of joining and leaving, nature of duties, the reason for leaving
- Enter Language known and Select Read/ Write/ Speak
- Click on ‘Validate your details’
- Click on ‘Save & Next’
- Preview will be displayed
- Check and modify if needed
- Under photo and Signature, click on the check box to confirm that this is my photo/ Signature
- Click on ‘I Agree’
- Use the Back option to modify details
- Click on ‘Final Submit’
- Upload Thumb Impression, handwritten declaration using choose file option
- Enter security code
- Click on Save & Next
- Check the amount and enter the security code
- Click on ‘Submit’
- Choose the payment option
- Enter details and click on ‘Make Payment’
- On successful payment, a confirmation will be displayed
- Take a printout of the system generated application for reference
- If unable to submit an application in one go, Use Save & Next option to save the data
- Verify the details using Save & Next option before submission, validate the details using the ‘Validate your details’ option, modify the details if required
- No Changes will be allowed after the Final Submission
RBI Grade B Application Fee 2022
- Candidates of SC/ST/PWD categories will have to pay only Rs. 100/- towards intimation charges. There’s no application fee for SC/ST and PWD candidates.
- Candidates of the General / OBC category will have to pay an amount of Rs. 850/- towards application fee including intimation charges
- There’s no application fee as well as intimation charges for staff candidates of RBI
Mode Of Payment
Candidates can pay the prescribed application fee/intimation charges through the online mode only by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
For any problem/ assistance during filling of application, payment of fee, download of call letter, queries can be made through @ http://cgrs.ibps.in by mentioning RBI Officers Grade B in the subject line of the email.
RBI Grade B Exam Pattern 2022
RBI Grade B Officer’s selection will be held through the online exam in Phase I, Phase II and Interview.
- Phase-I online Examination (Objective Type)
- Phase-II online Examination
- Phase-III Interview
Phase-I Online Exam (Objective Type)
- Phase I will be a single-stage paper to be held for 200 marks which will be conducted on November 9, 2022. It consists of tests of
- General Awareness
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Candidates will get a total of 120 minutes for answering the MCQs in Phase I.
- Candidates must secure minimum cut off marks in each section as well as in aggregate as prescribed by the board to be shortlisted for the Phase-II exam.
- Roll numbers of selected/ shortlisted candidates for Phase II will be published tentatively within a week from the Phase I exam.
Phase-II Online Exam [Objective + Descriptive test]
Those who qualify Phase-I exam will get an opportunity to appear in the Phase-II exam to be held online mode on December 1, 2022. Phase II exam will have 3 papers and will be held in shifts, and candidates are required to appear in all shifts. A separate admission letter will be issued for each shift.
|Paper no. & type||Name of Paper||Time (in minutes)||Marks`|
|I [Objective type test]||Economic and Social Issues||90||100|
|II [Descriptive type test]||English (Writing Skills)||90||100|
|III [Objective type test]||Finance & Management||90||100|
Candidates will be shortlisted for the interview based on the aggregate marks obtained in Paper I, Paper-II and Paper III in the Phase II exam. The interview will be held for 50 marks. Candidates who obtained minimum marks in Phase-II exam will be shortlisted and called for Phase-III Interview. Phase-II exam cut-off marks will be decided by the board. Shortlisted candidates roll numbers will be published on RBI Website and call letters will be sent to the candidate’s email ID.
Candidates can opt for either Hindi or English for an Interview. The final merit list will be prepared by adding the marks in Phase II and Interview.
RBI Grade B Exam Centres
RBI Grade B few exam centres are mentioned below.
Centres for Phase-I Exam – Kakinada, Port Blair, Dibrugarh, Eluru, Vishakhapatnam, Vizianagaram, Tirupati, Chittoor, Vijaywada, Kottayam, Pathanamthitta, Mumbai, Warangal, Rajahmundry, Guwahati, Jorhat, Silchar, Alappuzha, Muzaffarpur, Bhagalpur, Bengaluru, Chikaballapur, Patna, Bagalkot, Navi Mumbai, Thane, Nagpur, Nasik etc.
Centres for Phase-II Exam – Jammu, Kanpur, Thiruvananthapuram, Jaipur, Hyderabad, Guwahati, Patna, Pune, Chennai, Nagpur, Jammu, Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, New Delhi etc.
RBI Grade B Syllabus 2022
RBI Grade B syllabus of Phase I and Phase II is given below.
Phase-I (Objective Type)
|General Awareness||English Language||Quantitative Ability||Reasoning|
|Banking Terms||Reading Comprehension||Permutation, Combination & Probability||Coding Decoding|
|National Institutions||Cloze test||Mixtures & Allegations||Seating Arrangement|
|Monetary Plans||Para jumbles||Sequence & Series||Coded Inequalities|
|Indian Banking Systems||Paragraph Completion||Number Systems||Data Sufficiency|
|Indian Financial Systems||Fill in the blanks||Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||Alphanumeric Series|
|Current Affairs||Multiple Meaning /Error Spotting`||Simplification||Logical Reasoning|
|Paper no.||Name of Paper||Topics / Syllabus|
|I||Economic and Social Issues||Social Structure in India, Indian Political System, Social Sectors in India, IMF and World Bank etc.|
|II||English (Writing Skills)||This paper will have descriptive type questions designed to judge candidates’ writing skills along with expression and understanding of the topic|
|III||Finance & Management||Questions on RBI and other financial institutions like – NHB, NABARD, EXIM, SIDBI etc., primary as well as secondary markets, risk management, & Corporate Governance in Banking sector, nature & scope of Management, the processes of Management, concept & goals of HRD, Motivation, Mechanisms of Corporate Governance etc.|
- The phase-I exam will be only for screening and for shortlisting candidates to Phase II
- On the basis of marks obtained in Phase II, candidates will be shortlisted for the interview
- Marks obtained by candidates in Phase-II & Phase-III will be used for preparing a final merit list
- Based on the final merit list, candidates will be selected for the posts mentioned in the advertisement
RBI Grade B Admit Card 2022
The RBI will issue admit cards online through the website www.rbi.org.in. There will be a separate admit card for each stage of the examination.
How To Download RBI Grade B Admit card?
- Open RBI official website
- Find and click on the link ‘Download Admit Card for Grade ‘B’ exam’
- A new page will be opened having a ‘Login’ screen
- Enter your registration ID then the password
- Click on tab ‘Submit’
- Now you are logged into your account
- After logging, find and click on the respective link
- Your admit card will be displayed
- Download and print it
RBI Grade B Result 2022
RBI will announce the stage-wise results of examinations through its website. To check the RBI Grade B Result 2022, a candidate has to follow a few below given steps
- Open RBI official website and search for results page; it is available under URL ‘Opportunities’
- Under the ‘Results’ page, you will see a list having date wise results
- If you want to check the Phase-I result then find and click on the respective link
- A new page will be opened having Test wise and aggregate cut–off marks in Phase- I examination along with a panel to check Phase-I exam’s result
- To check your result, enter your roll no, date of birth then click on the tab ‘Find’
- In the same way, you can check the result of Phase-II and Phase-III examinations
RBI Grade B 2022 Cut Off
Below we have mentioned Test wise and aggregate cut–off marks of Phase I examination held in 2018. Based on these cut-off marks, candidates were shortlisted for the Phase-II exam held in 2018.
|Section||Quantitative Aptitude |
|Total Score/ Aggregate|
|PWD (OH / HI / VH / MD)||5.25||5.25||10.75||14.25||91.75|
|General / UR||7.50||7.50||15.00||20.00||105.75|
RBI Grade B Salary
Candidates selected through RBI Grade B 2022 recruitment will be eligible for a salary of ₹ 35,150/- p.m. in a scale of Rs. 35150-1750 (9)-50900-EB-1750 (2)-54400-2000 (4)-62400. In addition to basic pay, candidates will be eligible for Local allowance, Dearness Allowance, Family allowance, House Rent Allowance and Grade Allowance.
RBI Grade B 2022 FAQs
Q. What are the dates of online registration of applications?
A. Registration of applications and payment of fee/intimation charges can be done between 28 January 2022 to 15 February 2022.
Q. Which is the official website to apply online for RBI Grade B 2022?
A. www.rbi.org.in is the official website to submit the online application. Check the Opportunities section to find apply online link.
Q. What is the total number of vacancies in RBI Grade B Officer 2022?
A. Total number of vacancies of RBI Grade B officers is 322.
Q. What is the application fee for SC / ST / PwBD candidates?
A. SC / ST / PwBD candidates will have to pay intimation charges only i.e. Rs. 100/-.
Q. Is there a sectional cut off in Phase I of the RBI Grade B exam?
A. Yes, there is a sectional cut off along with an overall cut off in Phase I of the RBI Grade B exam.
Q. Is the Interview will be held in Hindi Language?
A. Yes, the Candidate can opt for Hindi or English language for an Interview.
Q. Is a separate admission letter is required to attend Phase II exam papers?
A. Yes, there will be a separate admission letter for each shift/ paper.