SSC CHSL 2020 [Application Form, Apply Online, Exam Date] : On 05 March 2020, SSC has released CHSL official notification 2020 on its official website @ ssc.nic.in. With SSC CHSL recruitment 2020, the Commission will recruit nearly 5134 candidates for the posts of Postal Assistant / Sorting Assistant, LDC / JSA, DEO and DEO, Grade ‘A’. Candidates who want to secure a job in Central Government can apply for SSC CHSL recruitment 2020.
The last date for submitting SSC CHSL online application is April 05, 2020. Further details on SSC CHSL recruitment 2020 are given below such as date of release of notification, registration dates, post wise eligibility conditions, number of vacancies to be filled, application form, process, fee & mode of payment, admit card, exam pattern, selection procedure, result etc.
About SSC CHSL Exam
Every year, SSC conducts CHSL also known as Combined Higher Secondary Level/10+2 examination for placement of candidates in several ministries/ organizations/ departments of the Government of India. SSC conducts this recruitment examination for employing manpower on different posts like lower divisional clerk (LDC), data entry operator (DEO), sorting assistants/postal assistants (SA/PA) and court clerk.
- Important Dates
- Eligibility Criteria
- Age Limit
- Application Fee
- Application Form
- Exam Pattern & Syllabus
- Admit Card
- Cut Off & Selection Process
SSC CHSL Notification 2020
For the year 2020, SSC has released CHSl 2020 notification on 05 March 2020. SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) Tier I examination is going to be held by the Staff Selection Commission from July 01 to 26, 2020. Tier II examination (descriptive paper) will be held on Sept 29, 2020.
For further details on SSC CHSL 2020, please go through SSC CHSL 2020 notification.
SSC or Staff Selection Commission is one of the most promised recruitment organizations in India. Every year, SSC conducts several recruitment examinations to fill up the vacant posts in various offices of Government of India. SSC is focusing on the development of India by providing millions of jobs to the eligible candidates every year.
SSC CHSL 2020 Vacancies
As per SSC CHSL (10+2) 2020 official notification, SSC will recruit nearly 5134 candidates for the vacancies of Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant, LDC / JSA, DEO and DEO, Grade ‘A’. However, this number of vacancies is tentative and can be changed later at any stage of selection process. SSC holds the right to increase or decrease number of vacancies as per requirements. Post-wise number of vacancies is given below
|S.No.||Post name||Total number of vacancies|
|2||Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant||3267|
SSC CHSL 2020 Important Events
|Examination conducted by the||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Examination name||CHSL (10+2) 2020|
|Starting of online application form||05 March 2020|
|Last date for online candidate’s registration||05 April 2020 (up to 5:00 pm)|
|Last date to submit online fees||07 April 2020 (up to 5:00 pm)|
|Last date for generation of offline Challan||07 April 2020 (up to 5:00 pm)
|Last date for payment through Challan||09 April 2020 (during working hours of Bank)
|Tier-I exam (CBT)||July 01 to 26, 2020|
|Tier- I result||Yet to be released|
|Tier-II Examination (Descriptive Paper)||Sept 29, 2020|
|Tier- II result||Yet to be Notified|
|Tier- III (Skill Test/ Typing Test)||Yet to be Notified|
|Final result||Yet to be Notified|
|Apply online||SSC’s website @https://ssc.nic.in|
SSC CHSL 2020 Eligibility Criteria
All the candidates are advised to go through eligibility criteria before attempting online application process. Eligibility criteria has been mentioned in SSC CHSL (10+2) 2020 official notification. Here, we are explaining it briefly.
An applicant must be either an Indian citizen or a subject of Nepal/Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee who is permanently settled in India. Applicants other than Indian citizen will have to show a certificate of eligibility at the time of appointment.
SSC CHSL Age Limit
As on 01.08.2020, a candidate’s age must be in between 18 to 27 years i.e. candidate should born between Aug 02, 1992 to 01 Aug 2001. However, relaxation in maximum age limit is permitted for candidates belonging to different categories. To know more, have at a look at below given table
|S.No.||Category||Permissible relaxation in maximum age limit|
|3||PwD||10 years (UR)
13 years (OBC)
15 years (SC/ST)
|5||Applicants who were living in J&K while 01 Jan 1980 to 31 Dec 1989||5 years|
Note – complete permissible relaxation in maximum age limit for different categories is given in official notification.
Essential Qualifications (As on 01 Aug 2020)
Candidate going to apply for CHSL 2020 must have cleared intermediate or equivalent examination from a reputed board/university. If a candidate is applying for DEO post in C&AG then s/he should be passed in 12th standard with Mathematics from a recognized Board.
SSC CHSL 2020 Application Fee and Mode of Payment
SSC CHSL 2020 aspirants need to apply online from 05th March 2020. Online application form is divided into two parts. In part-I Candidates have to register by providing basic details, after part-I registration completion, candidate need to fill other application details in part-II registration form and have to pay Rs. 100/- as their exam fees through SBI net banking or via any debit/credit card.
The last date for making online fee payment is 07 April 2020 (up to 5:00 pm). Candidates can also pay the fee through challan of SBI. The last date for generation of offline challan and payment through Challan is 07 April 2020 and 09 April 2020 respectively.
Note – Female and candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH/Ex-servicemen categories will be exempted from payment of application fee as per present government policies.
SSC CHSL Online Application Form 2020
SSC CHSL (10+2) 2020 interested candidates are need to know that SSC will accepts only online application for CHSL (10+2) 2020. The online application process is explained below and it can be completed in two parts:
- Part I candidate’s one-time registration
- Part II filling application form & payment of application fee (if applicable)
How To Fill SSC CHSL 2020 Online Application?
Part I : Candidate’s One-time Registration
- Open SSC’s official website ssc.nic.in/
- Find and click on ‘New User ? Register Now’ link available in ‘Login’ section
- A new web page will open up where you have to enter basic details
- If you have ‘Aadhaar No’ then enter it otherwise select option ‘No’ available against ‘Do you have Aadhaar’
- If you have selected option ‘No’ then you’ll have to select a type of ID; then enter ID number
- Enter and verify your name (should be same as printed in class X certificate)
- Enter and verify your father’s & mother’s name
- Enter and verify your ‘Date of Birth’
- Enter and verify the details of class 10th examination such as education board, roll number and year of passing
- Select and verify gender
- Select your level of educational qualification
- Enter and verify your mobile number & email ID
- Select the UT / state of permanent address
- Click on tab ‘Save’
- Instantly, a message will pop-up
- To confirm pop-up / mobile number & email ID, click on tab ‘Confirm’
- A new page will open up having a statement of registration confirmation along with your registration number
- Click on tab ‘OK’ available on the same webpage
- Instantly, you will receive your SSC registration number and password to your registered email ID and mobile number
- Once again, go to homepage and enter your registration number and password to login and complete online application process
- Once you enter and submit your login credentials, your first login screen will appear where you can change password
- Enter your old password
- Enter and confirm your new password
- Click on tab ‘Submit’
- Now, your password has been changed, login again
- After login again, your dashboard will open up with a page having your basic details which you have entered at first place to complete one-time registration
- If you want to make changes then click on tab ‘Edit’ available on the same page otherwise proceed further by hitting cursor on ‘Next’ tab
- A new sub-page will open up where you have to enter your additional and contact details
- Select and verify your category
- Select nationality then enter identification marks
- Enter your permanent and present address
- Click on tab Save or next to complete last part of the registration process
- In last part, you’ll have to upload digital files of your photo and signature
- You can save and print draft
- Read and accept declaration statement
- Then click on tab ‘Final Submit’
- Confirm your uploaded files by clicking on ‘Confirm’ button
- Meanwhile, you’ll get different OTPs on your registered mobile number and email ID
- Enter and submit any 1 OTP
- Now your one-time registration is completed; please note down your registration number to use in future
- Proceed further to complete Part II (online application form)
SSC CHSL Part II (Online Application Form)
- Now, login again using your ‘Registration number’ and ‘Password’
- Your will see latest notifications
- Click on ‘Apply’ tab available under ‘Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) Examination, 2018’
- An application form will open up; few fields are already filled from your 1 time registration data
- Select examination centres and medium for typing test (English or Hindi)
- Select other details
- Select your highest ‘Educational Qualification’
- If you belong to EWS then select option ‘Yes’ otherwise ‘No’
- Read and accept the declaration
- Enter text then click on tab ‘Preview’
- Check all the information filled by you then click on tab ‘Submit’
- Proceed further to make payment online otherwise generate challan of SBI so that you can submit the application fee in any SBI branch.
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2020 & Exam Pattern
SSC conducts CHSL exam in three stages (tiers). Tier-I exam will be online whereas Tier II exam will be conducted in ‘Pen and Paper’ mode. Tier III will be a skill test / typing test/. The applicants need to qualify each Tier examination in order to get finally selected for the post. Complete examination stage-wise details are given below:
Tier I Examination
Tier I examination is likely to be held from July 01 to 26, 2020. It will be a computer based test having 100 MCQs to be solved in total 60 minutes. 100 MCQs will be equally distributed in 4 sections and each section / subject / test will have 25 MCQs, each of 2 marks. MCQs will be based on the following subjects.
- English Language (Basic Knowledge)
- Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)
- General Intelligence and
- General Awareness
Subjects-wise syllabus is given below
|Subjects names||Important topics|
|This section will include both verbal and non-verbal type MCQs along with MCQs on Coding and de-coding, Word Building, , Figural Analogy, Space Orientation , Social Intelligence, Emotional Intelligence, Semantic Classification, Embedded figures, Number/Figural/Semantic Series, Figural Pattern – folding & completion, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Drawing inferences, Figural Classification, Venn Diagrams, Punched hole/ pattern-folding & unfolding , Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/ Number Analogy etc.|
|English Language||This section will have MCQs on shuffling of sentences in a passage, cloze/comprehension passage, idioms & phrases, improvement of sentences, active/passive voice of verbs, error spotting, fill in the blanks, spellings/detecting mis-spelt words, synonyms/homonyms, antonyms, one word substitution etc.|
|Quantitative Aptitude||This section will have MCQs from arithmetic, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, mensuration, statistical charts etc.|
|General Awareness||This section will have MCQs on national/international current events, Indian culture, geography, general policy, history, economic scene & scientific research etc.|
Note – A candidate needs to qualify Tier-I to proceed to the Tier-II exam.
Important Points : SSC CHSL 2020 Tier-I Exam
- There is a provision of negative marking in Tier I Exam. Therefore, selecting a wrong answer of a question will lead to a penalty of 0.5 marks in all sections
- For visually handicapped candidates, the exam duration will be 80 minutes.
Tier II Examination
SSC CHSL Tier II will be a descriptive paper either in English or Hindi language of 100 marks to be held in ‘Pen and Paper’ mode. The minimum passing marks in Tier-II examination would be 33%. Tier II examination will be conducted by SSC to judge candidate’s writing skills. In Tier-II examination, an examinee needs to write an Essay in between 200 to 250 words and Application or Letter in between 150 to 200 words. The applicants need to score minimum 33 per cent to qualify tier-II exam. Final merit would be prepared by including candidate’s Tier II exam’s performance. So, candidates must point out the best ways to prepare for tier-II exam. Along with this, a CHSL 2020 aspirant also needs to know how to write an effective application and letter.
Important Points : SSC CHSL 2020 Tier-II Exam
- Tier-II exam’s time duration is 60 minutes and carries 100 marks
- Tier-II exam’s questions are based on high school standard
- Tier-II exam is qualifying in nature.
- Paper must be written in one language either English or Hindi.
- For visually handicapped and cerebral palsy affected candidates, the exam duration will be 80 minutes.
Tier III Examination
It will be either typing test or a skill test depending on post for which a candidate has applied for. It will be of qualifying nature.
- Skill test for DEO
- Typing test for Postal Assistant / Sorting Assistant and LDC / JSA
Tier-III Skill Test For Data Entry Operator (DEO) Posts
- Minimum 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour data entry speed is needed on Computer
- Time duration is 15 minutes
Typing Test For Postal Assistant / Sorting Assistant and LDC / JSA
- A candidate needs to give a typing test either in Hindi or in English as per their choice selection while filling application form.
- Candidate’s typing test will be monitored by any authorized agency or by the commission
- Minimum speed for English typing is 35 words per minute and Hindi typing is 30 words per minute
SSC CHSL Admit Card 2020
SSC will issue a separate admit card for each examination including Tier I, II & III. However, SSC will not send call letters to candidates by post or any other mode. Candidates itself have to download their admit cards from SSC’s website.
How To Download SSC CHSL 2020 Admit Card?
- Go to the concerned regional SSC’s official website
- Now, find and click on admit cards
- Click on download ‘CHSL 2020’ admit card
- Now, log into your account by using registration number and password
- Find and click on the ‘Download Admit Card’ tab
- Print it and close the website
SSC CHSL 2020 Result
The Staff Selection Commission will announce Tier I, II & III examination results separately. Once results are announced, candidates can check their result by logging into the official website.
How To Check SSC CHSL 2020 Results
- Visit SSC official website @ www.ssc.nic.in/
- Click on result tab
- Click on CHSL tab
- Click on either Write Up or Result or Marks link
- Pdf will be opened
- Check your roll number/ Name for result or marks among the list
SSC CHSL Cut Off & Selection Process
SSC CHSL 2020 Cut off will be released by SSC for Tier I and Tier II separately and Final Tier i.e., Tier III will be of qualifying in nature. Persons who have cleared Tier I cut off will be eligible to attend Tier II exam. Tier I cutoff will be different for different posts. In Tier II minimum 33% marks should be scored by a candidate along with that he should score above final cut off (Tier I + Tier II) to be eligible to get post or to attend tier III examination for certain posts.
In case of Tie of marks, the following methods in the given order will be followed to resolve the tie.
- Tier I and tier II total marks
- Total Marks of Tier I
- DOB with older age (will get preference)
- Alphabetical order of First Name
SSC CHSL Salary
A post wise salary has been tabulated below
|S.No||Post Name||Basic Salary|
(Pay Band I)
|4||DEO Grade ‘A’||Rs. 5200-20200||2400|
SSC CHSL FAQs
Q. What Is SSC CHSL 2020 Application Closing Date?
A. SSC CHSL last date to submit application is April 05, 2020.
Q. What Is A Total Number Of Vacancies To Be Filled Through SSC CHSL Recruitment 2020?
A. 5134. However, this number of vacancies is provisional and can be changed as per the requirement of Commission.
Q. What Are The Types Of Questions To Be Asked In SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam 2020?
A. SSC CHSL 2020 tier 1 exam will have objective type questions.
Q. How Can I Get My SSC CHSL Admit Card?
A. You can get SSC CHSL admit card by downloading it from the Commission’s website. The process to download SSC CHSL admit card is explained below
- Open the commission’s official website @ ssc.nic.in
- Find and click on ‘CHSL 2020 Admit card’ link / icon
- Enter your registration number and password
- Submit the entered details
- Your admit card will appear on screen
- Print it
Q. What Is The Date Of SSC CHSL 2020 Tier 1 Exam?
A. SSC CHSL 2020 tier 1 exam will be conducted between July 01 to 26, 2020.
Q. When Will SSC Conduct Tier II Examination (Descriptive Paper)?
A. SSC will conduct Tier II examination on 29 Sept 2020.
Q. What Is Educational Qualification Needed To Apply For The Post Of DEO in C&AG?
A. To apply for the post of DEO in C&AG, applicant must have passed class 12th examination in Science stream with Maths as a compulsory subject.
Q. Is It Possible To Pay Fee Online Through BHIM Android Application?
A. Yes, fee can be paid online via BHIM UPI.