SSC CHSL 2020 [Application Form, Apply Online, Exam Date] : SSC CHSL 2020 Notification has been released on 3rd Dec 2019 by Staff Selection Commission on its official website @ ssc.nic.in. SSC will recruit nearly 5134 candidates for the posts of Postal Assistant / Sorting Assistant, LDC / JSA, DEO, and DEO, Grade ‘A’.
SSC CHSL Application Form can be submitted from 3rd Dec 2019 and the last date to apply online is 10th Jan 2020. Interested candidates must check eligibility conditions and apply for the SSC CHSL Recruitment 2020.
- SSC conducts CHSL (Combined Higher Secondary Level/10+2) examination for recruitment of candidates on different posts like lower divisional clerk (LDC), Data entry operator (DEO), Sorting Assistants/Postal Assistants (SA/PA) and Court Clerk, etc.
- SSC CHSL Tier I CBT was scheduled from 17th – 28th March 2020 but after the first days of the exam, it was postponed due to lockdown and scheduled to be held from 17th – 21st and 24th – 27th August 2020.
- SSC CHSL Tier-II exam is a descriptive test and the exam date will be notified in due course.
SSC CHSL recruitment 2020 complete details are explained including date of release of notification, registration dates, post wise eligibility conditions, number of vacancies, application form, fee, admit card, exam pattern, selection process, result, cut off, etc.
- Important Dates
- Eligibility Criteria
- Age Limit
- Application Fee
- Application Form
- Exam Pattern & Syllabus
- Admit Card
- Selection Process
SSC CHSL Notification 2020
SSC has released CHSL 2019-20 notification on 3rd December 2019 and invited online application forms eligible candidates till 9th Jan 2020. SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) Tier I CBT examination will be held from 17th – 21st and 24th – 27th August 2020 and the Tier II exam (descriptive paper) date will be notified. Go through the SSC CHSL 2020 notification Pdf for complete details.
SSC (Staff Selection Commission) is one of the central recruitment organizations in India which recruits on all Group B posts with a pay scale of maximum Rs.10,500 or below, and Nontechnical Group C Posts in various Ministries/Departments and their subordinate offices. Every year, SSC conducts several recruitment examinations to fill up the vacant posts in various offices of the Government of India.
SSC CHSL 2020 Vacancies
SC CHSL Vacancies will be notified in due course. SSC will recruit nearly 5134 candidates for the vacancies of Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant, LDC / JSA, DEO, and DEO, Grade ‘A’. However, this number of vacancies is tentative and exact number will be notified. Post-wise number of vacancies is given below.
|S.No.||Post name||Total number of vacancies|
|2||Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant||3267|
SSC CHSL 2020 Important Events
|Exam Name||SSC CHSL (10+2) 2019-20|
|Recruitment Body||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Notification Release||3 Dec 2019|
|Start of online application form||3 Dec 2019|
|Last date for online candidate’s registration||10 Jan 2020 (23:59)|
|Last date to submit online fees||12 Jan 2020 (23:59)|
|Last date for generation of offline Challan||12 Jan 2020 (23:59)|
|Last date for payment through Challan||14 Jan 2020 (23:59)|
|Tier-I Admit Card||August 2020|
|Tier-I exam (CBT)||17th – 21st and 24th – 27th August 2020|
|Tier- I result||To be notified|
|Tier-II Examination (Descriptive Paper)||To be notified|
|Tier- II result||To be notified|
|Tier- III (Skill Test/ Typing Test)||To be notified|
|Final result||To be notified|
|Apply online||SSC’s website @https://ssc.nic.in|
SSC CHSL 2020 Eligibility Criteria
All the candidates are advised to go through the SSC CHSL eligibility criteria before submitting the online application in terms of Nationality, Age Limit, and Educational Qualification.
An applicant must be either
- Indian citizen (or)
- A subject of Nepal (or)
- A subject of Bhutan (or)
- A Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1st Jan 1962 for permanently settling in India (or)
- People of Indian Origin migrated from the countries of Sri Lanka, Burma, Pakistan, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, the United Republic of Tanzania(Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam.
Applicants other than Indian citizens will have to show a certificate of eligibility at the time of appointment.
SSC CHSL Age Limit
As on 01.01.2020, a candidate’s age must be in between 18 to 27 years i.e. candidate should born between 2 Jan 1993 to 01 Jan 2002.
Relaxation in maximum age limit is permitted for candidates belonging to different categories as tabulated below.
|S.No.||Category||Permissible relaxation in maximum age limit|
|3||PwD||10 years (UR)|
13 years (OBC)
15 years (SC/ST)
|5||Applicants who were living in J&K while 01 Jan 1980 to 31 Dec 1989||5 years|
Essential Qualifications (As on 01 Jan 2020)
For LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO Posts
- Candidates interested to apply for SSC CHSL 2020 must possess Intermediate or equivalent qualification from a recognized board/university.
For DEO Grade A post in C&AG
- If a candidate is applying for a DEO post in C&AG, s/he should have passed in 12th Science stream with Mathematics subject from a recognized Board.
SSC CHSL 2020 Application Fee
- SSC CHSL Application Fee for Male General/OBC candidates is Rs. 100/-
- Female and candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH/Ex-servicemen categories will be exempted from payment of application fee.
The last date for making online fee payment is 12 Jan 2020 (23:59). Candidates can pay the fee through challan of SBI and the last date for the generation of offline challan is 12 Jan 2020 (23:59) and the last date to make payment through challan is 14th Jan 2020.
SSC CHSL Online Application Form 2020
SSC CHSL application form should be submitted through online only. SSC CHSL Application is divided into two parts – In part-I Candidates have to complete the OTR by providing basic details and in the part-II candidate should fill the online application form. The online application process is explained below:
- Part I – Candidate’s One-Time Registration
- Part II – Fill Application Form & Payment of Application Fee (if applicable)
How To Fill SSC CHSL 2020 Online Application?
Part I: Candidate’s One-time Registration
- Open SSC’s official website ssc.nic.in/
- Find and click on ‘New User? Register Now’ link available in the ‘Login’ section
- A new web page will open up where you have to enter basic details
- If you have ‘Aadhaar No’ then enter it otherwise select option ‘No’ available against ‘Do you have Aadhaar’
- If you have selected the option ‘No’ then you’ll have to select a type of ID; then enter the ID number
- Enter and verify your name (should be same as printed in class X certificate)
- Enter and verify your father’s & mother’s name
- Enter and verify your ‘Date of Birth’
- Enter and verify the details of class 10th examination such as education board, roll number and year of passing
- Select and verify gender
- Select your level of educational qualification
- Enter and verify your mobile number & email ID
- Select the UT/state of permanent address
- Click on tab ‘Save’
- Instantly, a message will pop-up
- To confirm pop-up / mobile number & email ID, click on the tab ‘Confirm’
- A new page will open up having a statement of registration confirmation along with your registration number
- Click on tab ‘OK’ available on the same webpage
- Instantly, you will receive your SSC registration number and password to your registered email ID and mobile number
- Once again, go to the homepage and enter your registration number and password to log in and complete the online application process
- Once you enter and submit your login credentials, your first login screen will appear where you can change password
- Enter your old password
- Enter and confirm your new password
- Click on tab ‘Submit’
- Now, your password has been changed, log in again
- After login again, your dashboard will open up with a page having your basic details which you have entered at first place to complete a one-time registration
- If you want to make changes then click on tab ‘Edit’ available on the same page otherwise proceed further by hitting cursor on ‘Next’ tab
- A new sub-page will open up where you have to enter your additional and contact details
- Select and verify your category
- Select nationality then enter identification marks
- Enter your permanent and present address
- Click on tab Save or next to complete last part of the registration process
- In the last part, you’ll have to upload digital files of your photo and signature
- You can save and print draft
- Read and accept declaration statement
- Then click on tab ‘Final Submit’
- Confirm your uploaded files by clicking on ‘Confirm’ button
- Meanwhile, you’ll get different OTPs on your registered mobile number and email ID
- Enter and submit any 1 OTP
- Now your one-time registration is completed; please note down your registration number to use in future
- Proceed further to complete Part II (online application form)
SSC CHSL Part II (Online Application Form)
- Now, log in again using your ‘Registration number’ and ‘Password’
- You will see the latest notifications
- Click on the ‘Apply’ tab available under ‘Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) Examination, 2018’
- An application form will open up; few fields are already filled from your one-time registration data
- Select examination centres and medium for typing test (English or Hindi)
- Select other details
- Select your highest ‘Educational Qualification’
- If you belong to EWS then select option ‘Yes’ otherwise ‘No’
- Read and accept the declaration
- Enter text then click on tab ‘Preview’
- Check all the information filled by you then click on tab ‘Submit’
- Proceed further to make payment online otherwise generate challan of SBI so that you can submit the application fee in any SBI branch.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern 2020
SSC conducts the CHSL exam in three stages (tiers). Tier-I exam will be online whereas the Tier II exam will be conducted in ‘Pen and Paper’ mode. Tier III will be a skill test/typing test.
The applicants need to qualify each Tier examination in order to get finally selected for the SSC CHSL posts. Complete stage-wise examination details are given below:
|SSC CHSL Stages||Mode||Nature of Questions||Qualifying/ Merit||Total Questions||Total Marks||Time|
|Tier I||CBT||MCQs||Considered for Merit||100||100||60 Min|
|Tier II||Pen & Paper Based||Descriptive (Essay/Application/Letter)||Qualifying and Considered for Merit||-||100||60 Min|
|Tier III||Computer Based||Typing||Qualifying Only||-||-||15 Min|
Tier I Examination
- Tier I examination will be a computer-based test having 100 MCQs to be solved in a total of 60 minutes.
- MCQs will be equally distributed in 4 sections and each section will have 25 MCQs, each of 2 marks.
- English Language (Basic Knowledge)
- Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)
- General Intelligence and
- General Awareness
- A candidate needs to qualify Tier-I to be shortlisted for the Tier-II exam.
- There is a provision of negative marking in the Tier I Exam, selecting the wrong answer will attract a penalty of 0.5 mark.
- For visually handicapped candidates, the exam duration will be 80 minutes.
|Sections||No. of Questions||No. of Marks||Time|
(Basic Arithmetic Skill)
SSC CHSL Tier-II will be a descriptive paper either in English or Hindi language of 100 marks to be held in ‘Pen and Paper’ mode and the marks scored will be considered for final merit. The minimum qualifying marks in the Tier-II examination would be 33%.
Tier-II examination will be conducted by SSC to check the candidate’s writing skills. Candidate needs to write an Essay in between 200 to 250 words and Application or Letter in between 150 to 200 words.
- Tier-II exam’s time duration is 60 minutes and carries 100 marks
- Tier-II exam’s questions are based on high school standard
- Tier-II exam is qualifying in nature and will also be considered in final merit
- Paper must be written in one language either English or Hindi
- For visually handicapped and cerebral palsy affected candidates, the exam duration will be 80 minutes.
The applicants need to score a minimum of 33 percent to qualify the tier-II exam and the candidate’s performance of Tier I + Tier II will be considered to shortlist for Tier III.
Tier III Examination
Tier III will be either a typing test or a skill test depending on the post for which a candidate has applied for. It will be of qualifying nature.
- Skill test for DEO
- Typing Test for Postal Assistant / Sorting Assistant and LDC / JSA
Tier-III Skill Test For Data Entry Operator (DEO) Posts
- Minimum 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour data entry speed is needed on Computer
- Time duration is 15 minutes
Typing Test For Postal Assistant / Sorting Assistant and LDC / JSA
- A candidate needs to give a typing test either in Hindi or in English as per their choice selection while filling application form.
- Candidate’s typing test will be monitored by an authorized agency or by the commission
- Minimum speed for English typing is 35 words per minute and Hindi typing is 30 words per minute
SSC CHSL Syllabus 2020
SSC CHSL Syllabus is given below.
SSC CHSL Tier I Syllabus
Tier I Subjects-wise syllabus is given below
|Subjects names||Important topics|
|This section will include both verbal and non-verbal type MCQs along with MCQs on Coding and de-coding, Word Building, , Figural Analogy, Space Orientation , Social Intelligence, Emotional Intelligence, Semantic Classification, Embedded figures, Number/Figural/Semantic Series, Figural Pattern – folding & completion, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Drawing inferences, Figural Classification, Venn Diagrams, Punched hole/ pattern-folding & unfolding , Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/ Number Analogy etc.|
|English Language||This section will have MCQs on shuffling of sentences in a passage, cloze/comprehension passage, idioms & phrases, improvement of sentences, active/passive voice of verbs, error spotting, fill in the blanks, spellings/detecting mis-spelt words, synonyms/homonyms, antonyms, one word substitution etc.|
|Quantitative Aptitude||This section will have MCQs from arithmetic, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, mensuration, statistical charts etc.|
|General Awareness||This section will have MCQs on national/international current events, Indian culture, geography, general policy, history, economic scene & scientific research etc.|
SSC CHSL Selection Process
- Candidates appeared in the SSC CHSL Tier I will be shortlisted for Tier-II exam based on the merit.
- A separate cut off will be decided by SSC category wise for each post at each stage.
- A minimum of 33% marks should be scored by a candidate to qualify in Tier-II and the aggregate performance in Tier I + Tier II will be considered to shortlist candidates for Tier III which is qualifying in nature.
- The final merit will be based on the performance in Tier I + Tier II subject to securing 33% marks in Tier II and qualifying in the Tier III exam.
In the case of Tie of marks, the following factors in the given order will be followed to resolve the tie.
- Tier I and tier II total marks
- Total Marks of Tier I
- DOB with older age (will get preference)
- Alphabetical order of First Name
SSC CHSL Admit Card 2020
SSC will issue a separate CHSL admit card for each stage of examination including Tier I, II & III. However, SSC will not send call letters to candidates by post or any other mode. Candidates themselves have to download their admit cards from SSC’s website.
How To Download SSC CHSL 2020 Admit Card?
- Go to the concerned regional SSC’s official website
- Now, find and click on admit cards
- Click on download ‘CHSL 2020’ admit card
- Now, log into your account by using registration number and password
- Find and click on the ‘Download Admit Card’ tab
- Print it and close the website
SSC CHSL 2020 Result
SSC CHSL Result 2020 will be announced by the Staff Selection Commission. Tier I, II & III examination results will be announced stage wise. Once results are announced, candidates can check the results from the SSC official website.
How To Check SSC CHSL 2020 Results
- Visit SSC official website @ www.ssc.nic.in/
- Click on result tab
- Click on CHSL tab
- Click on either Write Up or Result or Marks link
- Pdf will be opened
- Check your roll number/ Name for results or marks among the list.
SSC CHSL Cut Off
SSC CHSL 2020 Cut off will be released by SSC for Tier I and Tier II separately and the Tier III will be of qualifying in nature. A separate cut off will be announced for each post category wise in each stage.
Candidates securing the Tier I cut off will be eligible to attend the Tier II and upon securing 33% and scoring the decided cutoff will be eligible for Tier III. The final cut off will be based on the performance in the Tier I and Tier II exams only.
SSC CHSL Cut Off 2018-19
|Category/Post Name||LDC/JSA & PA/SA||DEO (Except C&AG)||DEO (C&AG)|
|Total Qualified Candidates||45101||175||2330|
SSC CHSL Salary
A post wise SC CHSL salary has been tabulated below.
|S.No||Post Name||Basic Salary|
(Pay Band I)
|4||DEO Grade ‘A’||Rs. 5200-20200||2400|
SSC CHSL FAQs
Q. What Is SSC CHSL 2020 Application Closing Date?
A. SSC CHSL last date to submit an application is 10th Jan 2020.
Q. What Is A Total Number Of Vacancies To Be Filled Through SSC CHSL Recruitment 2020?
A. 5134. However, this number of vacancies is provisional and can be changed as per the requirement of Commission.
Q. What Are The Types Of Questions To Be Asked In SSC CHSL Tier 1 Exam 2020?
A. SSC CHSL 2020 tier 1 exam will have objective type questions.
Q. How Can I Get My SSC CHSL Admit Card?
A. You can get SSC CHSL admit card by downloading it from the Commission’s website. The process to download SSC CHSL admit card is explained below
- Open the commission’s official website @ ssc.nic.in
- Find and click on the ‘CHSL 2020 Admit card’ link/icon
- Enter your registration number and password
- Submit the entered details
- Your admit card will appear on the screen
- Print it
Q. What Is The Date Of SSC CHSL 2020 Tier 1 Exam?
A. SSC CHSL 2020 tier 1 exam will be conducted between July 01 to 26, 2020.
Q. When Will SSC Conduct the Tier II Examination (Descriptive Paper)?
A. SSC CHSL Tier-II examination date will be announced in due course.
Q. What Is Educational Qualification Needed To Apply For The Post Of DEO in C&AG?
A. To apply for the post of DEO in C&AG, applicant must have passed class 12th examination in Science stream with Maths as a compulsory subject.
Q. Is It Possible To Pay Fee Online Through BHIM Android Application?
A. Yes, fees can be paid online via BHIM UPI.