SSC Constable GD 2018 Notification :
The Staff Selection Commission of India has released an official notification for the recruitment of the right candidates to the General Duty Constable positions. As per the notification, the SSC examination will be conducted for filling up General Duty Constable positions at CRPF, ITBP, CISF and BSF to name a few. The official notification was released on the 21st of July 2018.
SSC GD 2018 Important Dates
|1.||Official Notification Release Date||21st July 2018|
|2.||Starting Date to Apply||17th August 2018|
|3.||Last Date to Apply||17th September 2018|
|4.||Declaration of Admit Card||10 days before the exam date|
|5.||Date of Examination||Yet to be announced|
|6.||Date of Result||Yet to be announced|
On the 17th of September 2018, candidates can submit the online application up to 5 pm. SSC has rescheduled receiving of applications due to technical issues. Applications will be accepted from August 17 at 10 AM.
Number Of Positions and Pay
As per the notification, here are certain details to be remembered by candidates interested in applying:
- Level of SSC GD Examination – All India Level Exam
- Mode of Examination – Online
- Total number of vacancies- 54,953
- Salary of GD Constables – Rs.21700-Rs.69100
Vacancy Split Up
The total vacancies are divided among men and women as 47307 and 7646 respectively. The total 7646 seats for women are divided among different categories of applicants as follows:
- SC – 1283
- ST – 588
- OBC – 1751
- General – 4024
The split up of vacancies among different categories of men candidates will be as follows:
- SC – 8172
- ST – 4325
- OBC – 10215
- General – 24595
Here is a table to show the distribution of total vacancies among different forces and categories for men and women among different categories:
How Will Be The Candidates Selected?
The selection process will encompass the following tests:
- Computer-based Test or CBE
- Physical Efficiency Test or PET
- Physical Standard Test or PST
- Medical Examination
To apply to this SSC GD recruitment process, the applicants must be Indian citizens. As the recruitment will happen UT/State-wise, the applicants must submit their PRC/Domicile certificate against the applicant’s state or Union Territory.
SSC GD Constable 2018 Eligibility
The applicants must be between the age group of 18 and 23 years as on the 1st of August 2018. Appropriate age relaxation will be applicable for reserved category candidates. Further, applicants must have completed their SSC, matriculation of class X examination from a recognized board to become eligible to apply for the SSC GD Constable position.
Important Details To Remember
To apply for the SSC GD Constable position, candidates have the option to apply either through the website of the commission at www.ssc.nic.in or at www.ssconline.nic.in.
Candidates are recommended to make sure that they meet the eligibility requirement before applying. They will also get themselves used with the application process by going through the instructions clearly. They can gather details about the examination centres from the official website of the Staff Selection Commission.
Before they can apply online, candidates will have to One-Time Registration at the official website of SSC. If they have any older login credentials, they will not work for the new website of SSC. They will have to do one-time registration again. Only then, they can proceed with the further application process online.
|SSC GD Constable Results 2018||SSC GD Admit Card 2018|
SSC GD 2018 Application Form
|SSC GD Constable Syllabus 2018||SSC Constable GD 2018|
SSC GD 2018 Information/Documents Required For One-Time Registration
- Mobile number to be verified through One-Time Password
- Email ID to be verified through OTP. The applicants will receive the User ID to the Email ID
- Aadhar Number or Aadhar Registration number. If this information is not available, applicants can use any of the following:
- Employer ID in the case of government employees
- School/College ID
- Driving License
- Voter ID
- Information about the board, year of passing and roll number of SSC
- Scanned Colour photograph in passport size in JPEG format
- Scanned signature in JPEG Format
- In the absence of Aadhar details, scanned left-hand thumb impression
- In the case of candidates with disabilities, if any and identified as suitable for applying to government jobs, the applicant should have scanned disability certificate in JPEG format.