SSC GD Constable 2021: The Staff Selection Commission has released the SSC GD Constable 2021 Notification for the recruitment of the General Duty Constable positions at CISF, CRPF, ITBP, CISF, SSF, NIA, AR, and BSF. SSC GD Constable notification has been released on 17th July 2021 and the application form can be submitted online only @https://ssc.nic.in/.
- SSC GD Constable Apply Online process will commence from 17th July 2021 and the last date of registration will be 31st August 2021.
- Candidates must be aged between 18-23 years as on 1st Aug 2021 and must possess 10th / matriculation or equivalent qualification to be eligible for SSC GD Constable recruitment.
- SSC GD Constable selection will be held in 3 stages, CBE, PST/PET, and DME.
- SSC GD Constable CBE/ written exam date will be notified soon.
SSC GD 2021 Important Dates
Candidates can submit the online application form from 17th July to 31st August 2021 up to 5 pm. SSC GD Constable important dates are tabulated below.
|SSC GD Constable Description||Date|
|Official Notification Release Date||17th July 2021|
|Starting Date to Apply||17th July 2021|
|Last Date to Apply||31st August 2021|
|Online Payment last date||2nd September 2021|
|Generation of Challan last date||4th September 2021|
|Payment through Challan last date||7th September 2021|
|Declaration of Admit Card||10 days before the exam date|
|Date of Computer Based Examination||To be notified|
|Date of CBE Result||To be notified|
|Call letter for PET / PST||To be notified|
|PET / PST||To be notified|
|Detailed Medical Test||To be notified|
|Final Result||To be notified|
The above dates are tentative and subject to change.
SSC GD Constable Notification
SSC GD Constable 2021 Notification has been released by Staff Selection Commission on its website @https://ssc.nic.in/ on 17th July 2021. Candidates must check eligibility conditions and submit the online application to apply for the SSC GD Constable recruitment.
SSC GD 2021 Vacancies
The total no. of vacancies is 25,271. Out of which, 2847 vacancies are for female candidates and 22424 vacancies are for male candidates. Force & category wise no. of vacancies is given in official recruitment notice. However, the vacancies are tentative.
The total vacancies are divided among men and women as 22424 and 2847 respectively. The total of 2847 seats for women are divided among different categories of applicants as follows:
- SC – 410
- ST – 318
- OBC – 616
- EWS – 273
- General – 1230
The split-up of vacancies among different categories of men candidates will be as follows:
- SC – 3359
- ST – 2356
- OBC – 4973
- EWS – 2212
- General – 9524
Here is a table to show the distribution of total vacancies among different forces and categories for men and women among different categories:
SSC GD Constable 2021 Eligibility
The candidates must have an age limit and educational qualification prescribed by SSC to be eligible for the SSC GD Constable positions.
The applicant should be an Indian citizen to be eligible for SSC GD Constable recruitment.
As of the 1st of August 2021, the applicant should be 18 years old but not have attained the age of 23 years. However, relaxation in the upper age limit will be given to the applicants belonging to special categories as per the laws & rules of the Government of India.
Age relaxation in the upper age limit will be applicable for reserved category candidates.
|Category||Age Relaxation ( in Years)|
|Ex-servicemen||3 years after deduction of military service from actual age|
|JK domiciled between 1st Jan 1980 -Dec 1989||5|
|Dependents/ children of victims killed in 2002 Gujarat riots||General - 5|
OBC - 8
SC/ST - 10
As of the 1st of August 2021, the applicant should have passed class 10th However, candidates having higher education are also eligible to apply.
- To apply for the SSC GD Constable position, candidates have the option to apply through the website of the commission at https://ssc.nic.in.
- Candidates are recommended to make sure that they meet the eligibility requirement before applying. Read the instructions clearly to know about the application process and the documents required.
- Before they can apply online, candidates will have to One-Time Registration at the official website of SSC. If they have any older login credentials, they will not work for the new website of SSC. They will have to do one-time registration again. Only then, they can proceed with the further application process online.
|SSC GD Constable Results 2021||SSC GD Admit Card 2021|
|SSC GD 2021 Application Form||-|
|SSC GD Constable Syllabus 2021||SSC Constable GD 2021|
SSC GD Constables Application Form
SSC Constables & Rifleman (General Duty) recruitment exercise will commence from 17th July 2021 and eligible candidates must apply online to participate in the SSC GD Constable recruitment event. Staff Selection Commission will recruit 25,271 candidates for vacancies of constable in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs), SSF & NIA, and Rifleman in AR (Assam Rifles). Both constable and rifleman positions will be of the general duty category.
SSC will accept only online applications through the website @ssc.nic.in. The submission of the online application can be done up to the 31st August 2021 (5:00 PM).
How to Apply Online?
The process of submitting the SSC GD Constable online application is explained below:
- Open Commission’s website @ssc.nic.in
- Find and click on the tab ‘Apply’
- Under the ‘Apply’ tab, you will have to find and click on the link ‘Click Here to Apply’ available against notice ‘Recruitment of Constable (GD) in CAPFs, 2021’
- A new page will be opened having separate links for attempting Part I & Part II registration
- Firstly, you will have to go through the Part I registration process because you are a new user on SSC’s website
- So, click on the button ‘Register’ given under section ‘New Registration’
- Fill and submit all the asked details such as mobile no., email address, etc. to complete part I registration
- Before submitting details, please cross check as you can’t edit them at any later stage
- On submitting details, you will see a new page having your registration no. which will be used while part II registration
- Before attempting the Part-II registration process, you are requested to note down your registration no. as it will be used in future
- For part II registration, enter your registration no. & password
- Type the text as shown in the box
- Click on tab ‘Submit’
- Pay your application fee (if you are eligible for submission of fee)
- Upload already scanned copies of your photo and signature
- Submit all the details
- Print your application
Documents for One-Time Registration
- Mobile number to be verified through One-Time Password
- Email ID to be verified through OTP. The applicants will receive the User ID to the Email ID
- Aadhar Number or Aadhar Registration number. If this information is not available, applicants can use any of the following:
- Employer ID in the case of government employees
- School/College ID
- Driving License
- Voter ID
- Information about the board, year of passing, and roll number of SSC
- Scanned Colour photograph in passport size in JPEG format
- Scanned signature in JPEG Format
- In the absence of Aadhar details, scanned left-hand thumb impression
- In the case of candidates with disabilities, if any, and identified as suitable for applying to government jobs, the applicant should have a scanned disability certificate in JPEG format.
SSC GD Constable Application Fee
- No application fee for women, ex-servicemen, and candidates belonging to SC / ST category
- Other candidates (Unreserved/General) will have to pay an amount of Rs. 100/- towards application fee
- Both online & offline payment options are available (credit/debit cards, net banking & SBI Challan)
SSC Constable (GD) Exam Pattern 2021
Candidates must be aware of the SSC GD Constable Exam Pattern, selection process, and Syllabus of the examination. SSC GD Selection will be held in 3 stages.
- Stage I Computer Based Examination
- Stage II Physical Efficiency Test / Physical Standard Test
- Stage III Detailed medical examination
Stage I Computer Based Examination
All the candidates who have registered for SSC Constables (GD) Examination 2021 are eligible to appear in Stage I computer-based examination. It will be conducted in online mode at several centers across the nation.
- The CBE will consist of 1 paper having 100 multiple-choice questions (MCQs), each of 1 mark, to be solved in 90 minutes.
- In the question paper, there will be 4 sections having the same no. of MCQs i.e. 25 MCQs in each section.
- MCQs in all the sections/parts will be in Hindi & English languages only.
|Name of the Section||No. of MCQs||No. of Marks||Time Duration|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25||90 Minutes|
|General knowledge & general awareness||25||25|
Stage II Physical Efficiency Test / Physical Standard Test
After conducting CBE, SSC will prepare and release a merit list having names of candidates shortlisted for Stage II PET / PST. Events of Stage II will be organized & conducted by CAPFs. Firstly, the PET will be conducted. To qualify PET, candidates will have to run a race within the assigned time.
- Male candidates of the Ladakh region will have to complete a 1.6 km race in 6 ½ minutes whereas, for female candidates of the same region, distance and time limit will be 800 meters & 4 minutes respectively
- Male candidates of other regions will have to complete a 5 km race in 24 minutes whereas, for female candidates of other regions, distance and time limit will be 1.6 km & 8 ½ minutes respectively
- Pregnant female candidates will not be eligible for PET
- Ex-servicemen will be free from PET. They have to appear in PST only.
After PET, SSC will conduct a Physical Standard Test for measurement of height, chest, and weight. Minimum chest & height measurements needed for the post of Constable / Rifleman are explained below in separate tables:
Essential Height Measurements (in cms)
|Applicants belonging to the North Eastern States such as Mizoram, Sikkim, Nagaland, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya & Tripura||152.5||162.5|
|Applicants belonging to the following categories- Kumaonis, Garhwalis, Marathas, Dogras and States like Assam, Jammu & Kashmir & Himachal Pradesh||155||165|
|Candidates of ST||150||162.5|
|Candidates of OBC, SC & General||157||170|
Essential Chest Measurements (Only for Male Applicants)
Applicable only for male applicants of the following categories
|Category||Unexpanded/minimum expansion (in cms)|
|Applicants belonging to the North Eastern States such as Mizoram, Sikkim, Nagaland, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya & Tripura||77 / 5|
|Applicants belonging to the following categories- Kumaonis, Garhwalis, Marathas, Dogras and States like Assam, Jammu & Kashmir & Himachal Pradesh||78 / 5|
|Candidates of ST||76 / 5|
|Candidates of OBC, SC & General||80 / 5|
Stage III Detailed Medical Examination
Candidates qualified in PET / PST will be shortlisted and called for a medical examination or detailed medical examination (DME). It is mandatory but of qualifying nature. The main aim of DME is to ensure that candidate is medically fit for the post of Constable / Rifleman. During DME, CAPFs will collect all the necessary documents/certificates (original copies) from the candidates for verification.
SSC GD Constable Syllabus 2021
SSC GD Constable Syllabus of written exam (CBE) is given below.
Section A: General Intelligence & Reasoning
This part of the online question paper will consist of MCQs on non-verbal series, arithmetic number series, coding & decoding, analogies, arithmetic reasoning & figural classification, differences & similarities, relationship concepts, observation, discrimination, visual memory, spatial orientation/visualization, etc.
Section B: General Knowledge & General Awareness
This section will include MCQs relating to national / international current events, Indian Constitution / Polity / Economic scene / History / Culture / Geography etc. Basically, questions in this section will be designed to test candidates’ knowledge of current and general events.
Section C: Elementary Mathematics
This part will have MCQs relating to simple & compound interest, time & work, time & distance, ratio & proportion, ratio & time, fundamental arithmetical operations, decimals & fractions & relationship between numbers, percentages, averages, profit, loss & discount, mensuration, computation of whole numbers, number systems, etc.
Section D: English / Hindi
This section in the question paper will consist of MCQs on basic English / Hindi comprehension topics such as synonyms, one-word substitution, antonyms, etc.
Centers of examination
At the time of filling up an online application, applicants must have to indicate the center (s) in which they need to take the examination. Each applicant should have to select three centers of the same region. For further details, please refer to the official notification or website.
SSC GD Constable Selection Process 2021
The selection process will encompass the following tests:
- Computer-based Test or CBE
- Physical Efficiency Test or PET/ Physical Standard Test or PST
- Medical Examination
Candidates whose applications are found to be in order will be issued Roll No.s and called for a Computer-Based Exam. Candidates based on merit in the CBE will be shortlisted for PST/PET according to the category and Gender.
Candidates have to appear in PST/PET conducted by CAPF which is qualifying in nature.
Upon qualifying in PST/PET, candidates will be shortlisted for Detailed Medical Exam (DME) along with Document Verification which is mandatory but qualifying.
Candidates qualifying in DME and DV will be finally selected for the appointment.
Final selection will depend on the merit in the CBE, category, and preference of the post by the candidate at the time of application submission subject to qualifying in PST/PET and DME.
SSC GD Constable Pay Scale will be Rs. 21,700/- to Rs. 69,100/- with Grade Pay of 2000. The net salary for the joiners will be Rs. 23,527.
SSC GD Constable Admit Card 2021
SSC will release GD Constable admit card 2021 on its regional websites a few days before the exam. Candidates must visit the regional website to download the admit card by providing Registration no. & Date of Birth/ Candidate Name & Date of Birth.
How to Download Admit Card?
- Visit SSC website
- Click on the Admit Card button
- Regional websites list with website links will be opened
- Click on the relevant link
- Click on Admit Card
- Click on the Download e-Admit Card link against GD Constable Exam
- Read Instructions, click on ‘Ok’
- Enter Registration no. & Date of Birth/ Candidate Name & Date of Birth
- Admit Card will be displayed
- Download and take a printout
Documents for Exam
Candidates must bring an admit card and valid Id proof to the SSC GD Constable exam center.
- SSC GD Constable Admit Card
- Valid Id Proof (Date of Birth as in Admit Card)
- In case of mismatch of DOB, valid date of birth certificate or other proof with the mentioned date of birth
SSC GD Constable Answer Key 2021
Candidates can download SSC GD Constable Answer Key from the SSC website and check the recorded responses by downloading the response sheets within the given period. Candidates can also challenge the answers in the answer key online by paying Rs. 100/- per answer.
SSC GD Constable Result 2021
Candidates can check the SSC GD Constable Result 2021 on the SSC website after few weeks from each stage of the exam. SSC GD Constable CBE result will be released followed by PST/PET and DME. Candidates can check the qualified candidate’s list, cut-off score pdf, and scorecard.
- Visit SSC website
- Click on the Result tab
- Click on the pdf link Write Up to check the cut off
- Click on pdf link Result to check qualified candidates list with Name, Roll No., Category
- Click on Marks pdf to download the pdf that has the link to check and download the scorecard by providing Registered No. and Registered Password.
SSC GD Constable Cut Off
SSC GD Constable minimum cut off marks for General, Ex-servicemen candidates is 35% and for OBC, SC/ST candidates are 33%.
- General, Ex-servicemen candidates – 35%
- OBC, SC/ST -33%
SSC will release GD Constable cut-off for CBE on its website along with results. Cut off will be based on merit in CBE and the category. Separate cut off marks will be released for males and females for each post.
Expected Cut Off
SSC GD Constable Male Expected Cut Off
SSC GD Constable Female Expected Cut Off