SSC GD Constable 2021 Notification & Application Form : SSC GD Constable 2021 notification will be released by Staff Selection Commission @https://ssc.nic.in/. SSC will recruit approximately 55,000 candidates for the post of constables (General Duty) in CAPFs, NIA & SSF and Rifleman (GD) in Assam Rifles (AR).
- SSC GD Constable Apply Online process will commence from 21st July 2021 and the last date of registration will be 17th Sep 2021.
- Candidates must have passed 10th Class and must possess age between 18 to 23 years as on 1st August 2021 to be eligible for SSC GD Constable recruitment.
- SSC GD Constable recruitment process will have 3 stages, CBT Written Test, PET/PST, and Medical Exam & Document Verification.
Read further to know about SSC GD Constable recruitment details like eligibility criteria, important dates, the application process, fee & mode of payment, admit card, exam pattern, syllabus, selection process, and results, etc.
- Recruitment Process
- Eligibility Criteria
- Application Fee
- Application Form
- Apply Online
- Admit Card
SSC GD Constable 2021 Overview
|Exam Name||SSC GD Constable Exam 2021|
|Recruitment Body||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Post Name||Constable & Rifleman (General Duty)|
|No. of vacancies||54,953|
|Essential Qualifications||10th Pass|
|Online registration opening date||21st July 2021|
|Online registration closing date||17th September 2021|
|Selection procedure||CBT, PET, PST & Medical Exam|
|Admit card release||To be notified|
|Computer Based Exam Date||27 Nov - 14 Dec 2021|
|Result Declaration||To be notified|
SSC GD Constable 2021 Notification
Staff Selection Commission will release Constable recruitment notification for vacancies of constable & rifleman on 21st July 2021. SSC Constable (GD) Examination 2021 official notice will be available on SSC’s website. Click below to download the SSC GD Notification Pdf.
Download SSC GD Constable 2021 Notification pdf
The Staff Selection Commission is one of the recruitment organizations in India which operates directly from under the government of India. SSC is responsible for recruiting eligible candidates for the Group B and C posts in several departments and ministries of the Government of India and in subordinate offices.
SSC GD Constable 2021 Vacancies
The total number of SSC constable (GD) vacancies is 54953. On the basis of official notification, SSC will conduct written examination for more than 54,000 vacancies of constable & rifleman. However, this number of vacancies is tentative and can be increased or decreased. Forces-wise number of vacancies to be filled through Constable (GD) 2021 examination is given in the below table.
|S.No.||Force||No. of Vacancies (Male)||No. of Vacancies (female)||Grand total|
SSC GD 2021 Eligibility Criteria
SSC Constable (GD) 2021 Eligibility Criteria has been given below.
Only Indian citizens can apply for SSC Constable (GD) 2021.
Age Limit (As on 1st August 2021)
SSC Constable (GD) 2021 interested candidate should be at least 18 years old but not more than 23 years as on 1st Aug 2021. According to the rules of the Government of India, relaxation in maximum age limit will be given to the candidates of special categories. For claiming age relaxation, candidates have to produce supportive document/certificate issued by concerned government authority.
|Dependent & children of victims killed in Gujarat communal riots of 2002 or 1984 riots||For SC / ST – 10 years|
For OBC – 8 years
For general – 5 years
Essential Educational Qualification (As on 1st August 2021)
Candidates should have passed in 10th/Matriculation examination from a recognized state or central board as on 1st Aug 2021.
SSC GD Constable 2021 Application Fee
Candidates have to pay SSC GD Constable application fee of Rs 1o0/-. The application fee is applicable for all the candidates except women candidates and persons belonging to ST, SC & ex-servicemen categories.
|Category name||Amount to be paid as application fee (in Rs)|
|Scheduled Caste||No fee|
|Scheduled Tribe||No fee|
|Women candidates||No fee|
Candidates can pay their application fee online by using SBI challan/net banking/debit and credit cards. Candidates are required to know that the fee once paid will not be refunded or transferred under any circumstances.
SSC GD Constable 2021 Application Form
Interested candidates must submit SSC Constable 2021 application form online only on the SSC’s website @https://ssc.nic.in. SSC GD Constable Application Process will commence from 21st July 2021 and the last to apply online is 17th September 2021 till 5 PM. Before the submission of the online application, candidates must possess eligibility criteria and read the instructions carefully. SSC GD Constable online application can be completed in two parts:
- Part I Registration
- Part-II Registration
How To Fill SSC GD Constable 2021 Online Application?
- Visit the SSC’s official website@ https://ssc.nic.in/
- Click on Apply Online button
- Click on Constable-GD, a new page will be displayed
- Click on ‘Click Here to Apply’ link under ‘Recruitment of Constable (GD) in CAPFs, 2021’
- A new page will be opened which have Part I & II registration links
Part I Registration
- For Part-I, click on the ‘Register’ button available under ‘New Registration’ heading
- Fill the required details – Basic, Additional, Contact details and Upload Photo, Signature & LTI
- Fill Photo ID details
- Enter Name, Father/Mother Name, and Date of Birth as in 10th mark sheet
- Fill 10th Board details -Name of the Board, Roll No. and Year of passing
- Enter Gender, Highest educational qualification, Mobile No. and Email Id
- Confirm Email and Mobile No.
- Registration No. and Password will be generated and sent to the Mobile No. and Email and displayed on the screen
- Click ‘Next’ to fill additional details such as Category, Identification Mark, Nationality, Temporary and Permanent Address
- Upload Photo, Signature, and LTI
- Click on Final Submit
- Enter OTPs to complete the Part I registration
- Complete the registration process within 7 days after the Part I registration or else the data will be deleted
- Candidates can change basic details only once after the registration
Part-II Registration: Online Application Submission
- Login by entering your ‘Registration No./Email & ‘Password’
- Click on the ‘Apply’ link under SSC GD Constable under latest notifications
- Part I information will be preloaded
- Select the exam center – 3 choices in the order of preference
- Select Domicile State/UT and District
- Give preference of organizations
- Photo, Sign, and LTI will be preloaded
- Pay the application fee online/ through SBI challan
- Completing the Part II application form by clicking on ‘I Agree’ checkbox,
- Fill the captcha and click on the ‘Submit’ button
- Now, your application is finally submitted
- Print it on A4 size paper for reference
- Scanned copy of Photograph (JPEG, 20-50 kb)
- Scanned copy of Signature (JPEG, 10-20 kb)
- Left Thumb Impression (LTI) in JPEG format (10-30 kb)
- Scanned copy of Disability certificate (JPEG, 20-50 kb)
- 10th mark sheet and admit card no.
- Aadhaar/ Photo ID No.
- Bank Details for payment
SSC GD 2021 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
- SSC Constable (GD) 2021 written exam pattern consists of 100 MCQs
- The written test will be held online, Computer Based Examination.
- The question paper will be divided into four sections having an equal number of MCQs from each section – General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Knowledge and General Awareness, Elementary Mathematics & Hindi/English.
- All the sections contain MCQs of the 10th/Matriculation level and will be given in both Hindi & English.
- The total marks will be 100 and the time duration will be 90 minutes.
|Section Name||Number of MCQs||No. of Marks||Time Duration|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25||90 Minutes|
|General knowledge & general awareness||25||25|
SSC GD Constable Syllabus 2021
The SSC GD Constable syllabus for the written examination is given in the below table.
|Section Name||Important Topics|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||This section will have questions on analogies, similarities & differences, visual memory, discrimination, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, observation, arithmetical reasoning & figural classification, relationship concepts, non-verbal series, arithmetic number series, coding & decoding etc.|
|General knowledge & general awareness||This section will have questions on India’s economy, culture, history, constitution, scientific research etc. This section contains MCQs for testing candidates’ general awareness of the environment around him/her.|
|Elementary Mathematics||This section contains MCQs on problems relating to number systems, decimals & fractions & relationship between numbers, computation of whole numbers, fundamental arithmetical operations, ratio & proportion, averages, simple & compound interest, percentages, profit, loss & discount, ratio & time, time & work, time & distance, mensuration etc.|
|English/Hindi||This section contains MCQs from basic comprehension.|
Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
Candidates qualified in Computer Based Examination will be called for Physical Efficiency Test (PET) / Physical Standard Test (PST). PET / PST will be conducted by CAPFs at several centers. PET consists of a race to be completed in the assigned time. Time duration and distance of a PET Race will be as follows:
|For male candidates||For female candidates|
|For candidates belonging to Ladakh Region|
|1.6 kms race in 6 ½ minutes||800 metres race in 4 minutes|
|For other candidates|
|5 kms race in 24 minutes||1.6 Kms race in 8 ½ minutes|
Physical Standard Test (PST)
Minimum height & chest standards for the post of Rifleman / Constable are:
|Particulars||Chest (in cms: unexpanded / minimum expansion)||Height (in cms)|
|OBC, SC & General candidates||80 / 5||N/A||170||157|
|Applicants belonging to ST category||76 / 5||N/A||162.5||150|
|Candidates belonging to the States of Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh & Assam as well as following categories- Marathas, Dogras, Kumaonis, Garhwalis||78 / 5||N/A||165||155|
|Candidates hailing from North Eastern States of Tripura, Sikkim, Nagaland, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Manipur, & Arunachal Pradesh||77 / 5||N/A||162.5||152.5|
Medical Examination & DV
After qualifying PET / PST, candidates should have to go through a detailed medical examination (DME). At the time of the detailed medical examination, document verification will be done.
SSC GD Constable 2021 Selection Process
- SSC Constable 2021 exam process will consist of CBT, PET/ PST & Medical examination.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for PET/PST based on merit in the written exam and category.
- Approximately 1:10 candidates against the available vacancies will be called for PST/PET by shortlisting in the written test.
- PST (Physical Standards Test)/PET (Physical Endurance Test) will be organized and conducted by the CAPFs (Central Armed Police Forces).
- Candidates qualified in PST/PET will be further called for a medical examination organized by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA).
SSC GD Constable 2021 Admit Card
Staff Selection Commission will issue SSC GD Constable 2021 Admit cards to the candidates a few days prior to the written test. To download the admit card, candidates need to visit the regional SSC’s website.
How to Download SSC GD Constable 2021 Admit Card?
- Open SSC’s official website @https://ssc.nic.in/
- Click on Admit Card
- Click on Regional website link
- Click on e-Admit Card link
- Click on Download e-Admit Card against ‘GD Constable Exam’
- Read Instructions and click on Download e-Admission Certificate
- Click on ‘Ok’ (Did you read instructions regarding Original Photo ID and DOB certificate )
- Enter the Registration no. & Date of Birth/ Candidate Name & Date of Birth
- Click on Download e-Admission Certificate
- Your admit card will appear on computer’s screen
- Download and print it
Documents for Exam
candidates need to bring SSC GD Constable Admit Card to the exam hall along with Original Photo ID with the date of birth as given in the admit card. In case of mismatch, the candidate must bring another proof that has a valid date of birth as mentioned in the Admission Certificate.
- GD Constable Admit Card
- Original Photo ID (Date of Birth as in admit card)
- In case of DOB mismatch on Photo ID, Additional Certificate in Original as Date of Birth Proof.
SSC GD Constable 2021 Exam Centres
SSC will provide an option for the candidate to select the exam center at the time of application submission. Names of few examination centers are Bhagalpur, Agra, Muzaffarpur, Bareilly, Kanpur, Meerut, Varanasi, Allahabad, Patna, Lucknow, Gorakhpur, Sambalpur, Kolkata, Midnapur, Gangtok, Bangalore, Delhi, Thrissur, Kochi, Haldwani, Kota, Jaipur, Kohima, Rajkot, Jhabua, Kargil, Baramula, Jalandhar, Bilaspur, Srinagar (J&K), Jammu, Ambikapur, Indore, Jabalpur, Jagdalpur, Guna, Chindwara, Chattarpur, Mandsaur, etc.
SSC GD Constable Answer key
SSC GD Constable Answer Key 2021 will be released after a few days from the date of written examination on its website. SSC will release the tentative Answer Key and allow challenges. After the revision of challenges, SSC will release the final answer key on its website.
How to Download Question Paper & Answer Key?
- Visit SSC Website
- Click on Answer Key
- Click on Tentative Answer key GD Constable, Challenges link or Final Answer Key
- Pdf will be opened that contains a link for Response Sheets, Tentative Answer Keys, and Challenge Submission/ Final Answer Key
- Log in using the User ID (Roll Number) and Password
- Download and check with the responses to calculate the score
Challenge Submission Fee, Period to Download Answer Key
- Candidates can challenge the answer keys online by submitting a fee of Rs. 100 per challenge for 6 days or as time stipulated by SSC.
- The tentative answer key and the final answer key can be downloaded for a month and the link will be disabled after 30 days of publication.
SSC GD Constable 2021 Result
SSC GD Constable 2021 result for the written test will be released on the SSC’s website and candidates qualified/shortlisted in the written exam will be called for PST/PET. Upon qualifying/shortlisted in the PST/PET, candidates will be called for a medical examination organized by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA).
SSC will release the GD Constable Written exam result followed by PST/PET results on its website. The exact date of the result announcement will be notified by the Staff Selection Commission in due course of time.
How to Check SSC GD Constable Result?
- Visit SSC Website
- Click on Result Tab
- Click on Constable-GD
- You will find Uploaded date, Exam and Year, Write Up, Results Table
- Find ‘Constable (GD) in CAPFs, NIA, SSF, and Rifleman in Assam Rifles Exam, 2021 – List of Qualified Female/ Male candidates as per the vacancy applied
- Click on ‘Write Up’ file for the list of qualified candidates with cut off marks and last shortlisted candidate Date of Birth
- Click on ‘Result’ file for Roll No, Category and Name of the candidate shortlisted
SSC GD Constable Salary
SSC GD Constable and Rifleman get a pay scale of Rs. 21700 – 69100 (PB 1) with Grade Pay of 2000. The net salary will be Rs. 23527 after deductions and Pension contribution.
|SSC GD Constable 2020 Results||SSC GD Constable 2020 Admit Card|
|SSC GD Constable 2020 Notification||SSC GD 2020 Apply Online|
|SSC GD Constable 2020 Syllabus|