SSC JHT 2021 [Application Form, Vacancies] : SSC JHT 2021 Notification will be released on the SSC website on 17th April 2021 (Delayed). Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will conduct a recruitment drive for the post of Junior Hindi Translator/Senior Hindi Translator/Hindi Pradhyapk. SSC JHT Application Form submission will start from 17th April 2021 and the last date to apply online is 16th May 2021.
SSC JHT Paper I Computer Based Exam will be held in the last week of August 2021 and the Paper-II Descriptive test will be held in November 2021. The candidates interested to apply for the Junior Hindi Translator 2021 should know the details regarding the important dates, how to apply, exam pattern, selection process, etc.
- Important Date
- Age Limit
- Application Form
- Apply Online
- Application Fee
- Exam Pattern
- Selection Process
- Admit Card
- Cut Off
SSC JHT 2021 Overview
|Post||Junior Hindi Translator/senior Hindi Translator/ Hindi Pradhyapak|
|No. of vacancies||283|
The Staff Selection Commission will conduct a combined recruitment drive for the post of Junior Hindi Translator, Senior Hindi Translator, and Hindi Pradhyapak. The SSC will conduct an open competitive exam for these posts. More information about these posts is as follows
|A||Junior Translator in Central Secretariat Official Language Service (CSOLS)|
|B||Junior Translator in M/o Railways (Railway Board)|
|C||Junior Translator in Armed Forces Headquarters (AFHQ)|
|D||Junior Translator in subordinate offices who have adopted Model RRs of DoP&T for JT/JHT|
|E||Senior Hindi Translator in various Central Government Ministries/Departments/offices|
|F||Junior Translator in subordinate offices who have not yet adopted Model RRs of DoP&T for JT/JHT|
|G||Hindi Pradhyapak in Central Hindi Training Institute (CHTI)|
SSC JHT 2021 Important Dates
Following are some important dates that the candidates interested to apply for SSC JHT 2021 (Junior Hindi Translator) should know.
|SSC JHT Event||Date (tentative)|
|Notification||17 April 2021|
|Application start date||17th April 2021|
|Last date of online application||16th May 2021|
|Paper I Admit Card||August 2021|
|Paper I Exam date||26th Aug 2021|
|Paper I Answer Key||Sep 2021|
|Paper I Result||Oct 2021|
|Paper II Admit Card||Nov 2021|
|Paper II Exam date||Nov 2021|
|Paper II Result||Jan 2022|
|Release of Scorecard||Jan 2022|
SSC JHT 2021 Notification
SSC JHT (Junior Hindi Translator) notification will be released in April 2021 on the official website of the SSC @ ssc.nic.in. The candidates will be able to get all the information regarding the release date of notification and other important things related to the Junior Hindi Translator recruitment 2021 on the SSC website.
SSC JHT 2021 Notification Pdf
SSC JHT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates interested to appear for the SSC JHT 2021 recruitment exam will have to possess the following qualifications in order to become eligible to apply.
The candidate should either be,
- An Indian citizen, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee, who had come to India before 1st January 1962, with the intention to settle permanently. or,
- A Migrant from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Note: Candidates belonging to the categories b, c, d & e, should have an eligibility certificate issued by the Government of India in order to apply for Junior Hindi Translator (SSC).
SSC JHT Age Limit
The candidates willing to apply for SSC JHT 2021 should not be more than 30 years of age as on 01-01-2021. The candidates who belong to the SC/ST/OBC/PwD/Ex-Servicemen categories will get relaxation in the upper age limit as indicated in the table below
|People with Disabilities (PwD)||10 years|
|PwD + OBC||13 years|
|PwD + SC/ST||15 years|
|Ex-servicemen||Total time served in military + 3 years|
|Residents of Kashmir during the period from 1 st January, 1980 to 31 st December, 1989||5 years|
|Defense personnel who became disabled (handicapped) during fight with foreign country||3 years|
|Defense personnel who became disabled (handicapped) during fight with foreign country (SC/ST)||8 years|
SSC JHT Educational Qualification
SSC has stated different criteria for educational qualification based on the different posts for which it will be conducting the recruitment examination. The educational qualification requirements according to the different posts are as follows
For Post “A” to “E”
Any one of the following
- Master’s degree from a recognized university in Hindi with English as an elective or compulsory subject or as the medium of examination
- Master’s degree from a recognized university in English with Hindi as an elective of the compulsory subject or as the medium of examination
- Master’s degree from a recognized university in any other subject, with Hindi medium and English as elective or compulsory subjects or as the medium of examination
- Master’s degree from a recognized university in any other subject, with English medium and Hindi as elective or compulsory subjects or as the medium of examination
- Master’s Degree from a recognized University in any subject other than Hindi or English, with Hindi and English as compulsory or elective subjects or either of the two as a medium of examination and the other as a compulsory or elective subject at degree level
- Diploma or certificate course in translation from Hindi to English or English to Hindi or two years’ (3 years for Post “E”) experience of translation work from Hindi to English and English to Hindi in Central or State Government office, including Government of India Undertaking.
For Post “F”
Any one of the following
- Master’s degree from a recognized university in Hindi or English or Hindi as an elective or compulsory subject
- Bachelor’s degree with Hindi and English as main subjects (either elective or compulsory)
For Post “G”
Any one of the following
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in Hindi with English as one of the subject at degree level (elective or compulsory) and Master’s degree from a recognized university in any subject and Bachelor of Education from a recognized university or institute
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in any subject and Master’s degree from a recognized university in Hindi with English as elective or compulsory and Bachelor of Education from a recognized University or institute.
SSC JHT Application Form 2021
SSC JHT 2021 application form will become available on the official website of the SSC on 17th April 2021. The last date for the application process will be 16th May 2021 and the exact dates will be announced by the SSC.
How To Apply For SSC JHT 2021?
The candidates will be able to apply for the SSC JHT 2021 on the official website of SSC. The application form will be divided into two parts. First, the candidates have to fill the registration form, this will be a one-time registration, and information entered in the registration form cannot be changed afterward. To fill the registration form the candidates have to follow the below-mentioned steps
- Visit the SSC website or click here
- Click on “Register Now”
- Enter Basic details (Aadhaar no. contact details, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, etc.)
- Click submit
- You will receive an OTP on your Mobile Number and Email ID
- Enter the OTP
- Registration ID and password will be sent to the registered mobile number and Email ID
- Login using your email and password
- Upload Photo/Signature etc.
- Complete the registration process
After filling the registration form the candidates will be able to fill the main application form on the SSC website. The candidates have to go through the following steps to fill the main application form
- Login to the SSC website using registered Email and password
- Click “Apply”
- Fill in all the required details
- Click on the “I agree” checkbox and
- fill Captcha code
- Verify the information entered
- Make a payment of application fee
- Take a printout of the fee receipt
- Take a printout of the application form
SSC JHT Application Fee
The Candidates who will be applying for the SSC JHT 2021 recruitment examination will have to make payment of the application fee at the time of filling the online application form. The SSC JHT application fee is Rs. 100/-, the female candidates and candidates belonging to the SC/ST/PwD categories will be exempted from the fee.
|SC/ST/PwD and female candidates||Not applicable|
|Other candidates||Rs. 100/-|
Note: Candidates should note that the payment of the application fee can only be made through the SBI Challan, Net Banking, Credit card, or Debit Card. No other methods of payment will be accepted.
Documents Needed For SSC JHT 2021
The candidates applying for the SSC JHT 2021 examination will have to possess the following documents to enter the required information in the online application.
- Aadhaar Card / Aadhaar enrollment number
- Scanned Photograph
- Scanned Signature
- High School Mark sheet
Any candidate who would be unable to produce the following documents at the time of verification shall be disqualified from the selection process.
- Aadhaar Card/Aadhaar enrollment number
- Photo ID card (Aadhaar/PAN card/Voter’s ID card/driving license/passport, etc.)
- Mark sheet of High School
- Intermediate (10+2) mark sheet (certificate)
- Bachelor’s degree (mark sheet)
- Master’s degree (mark sheet)
- Caste certificate (SC/ST/OBC candidates)
- Medical certificate (for People with Disabilities)
Note: Those candidates who don’t have an Aadhaar number or Aadhaar enrollment number, will have to scan the impression of their left-hand thumb and upload it while filling the SSC JHT 2021 application form.
SSC JHT Exam Pattern 2021
The recruitment examination for SSC JHT will be conducted in two parts. Part I or Paper I will be conducted on the basis of Computer Based Test (CBT) and Paper-II will be a descriptive written test.
|Paper I||Computer Based (Objective Questions)||1-General Hindi||100||2 hours|
|Paper II||Descriptive||Translation and Essay||200||2 hours|
- Paper I of the SSC JHT recruitment examination will be conducted online through Computer Based Test (CBT).
- The candidates have to answer the multiple-choice objective questions for 100 marks and they will get a total of 2 hours to answer all the questions.
- The candidates should also know that there will be negative marking in Paper I, for every incorrect answer 0.25 marks will be deducted from the total obtained marks.
- Paper-II of the SSC JHT recruitment examination will be a descriptive written test. The candidates will have to translate two passages from Hindi to English and one passage from English to Hindi.
- Apart from the passage translation, the candidates will also have to write essays in Hindi and English. Maximum 200 marks will be awarded for Paper-II and candidates will get 2-hour time to translate all the passages and write both essays.
Note: The PwD candidates who will be availing the facility of a scribe will be allowed 40 extra minutes to complete their examination.
SSC JHT Syllabus 2021
The candidates who will be appearing for the SSC JHT 2021 recruitment examination 2021 should prepare for the examination on the basis of the following syllabus. Candidates should note that all the questions will be of degree level.
- Error correction
- Sentence structure
- Use of words
- Sentence completion, etc.
- Passage Translation from Hindi to English
- Passage Translation from English to Hindi
- Essay in English and Hindi
SSC JHT 2021 Selection Process
The selection process for the SSC JHT 2021 will have several stages. The candidates will have to qualify for all the stages in order to become eligible for the final selection.
The selection process for SSC JHT will start with the written examination. The candidates who will complete the application process successfully will be able to appear for the examination which will be conducted in two parts.
The candidates who qualify the Paper I will become eligible to appear for the Paper-II of the examination. Those candidates, who qualify for both parts of the examination, will be called for the next stage of the selection process.
In this stage of the selection process, the candidates have to bring all their documents, such as educational certificates, identity proof, caste certificates, etc. The candidates will have to carry the original and photocopies of all the documents. After qualifying the document verification phase, the candidates will become eligible for final selection.
The candidates who qualify for all the above stages will become eligible for appointment as the Junior Hindi Translator. The appointment will be according to the first available preference indicated by the applicant in the application form. The candidates should remain careful while selecting their post preference as no changes can be made in the preference after the submission of the online application form.
Probation Period of 2 Years
The candidates who will be appointed to the post of Junior Hindi Translator will remain on probation for two years. During this period the candidates will have to go through all the necessary training that they require in order to perform their job. The candidates who successfully complete the probation period will be considered for permanent appointments.
SSC JHT Admit Card 2021
The candidates, who will successfully complete the application process and made the payment of the application fee, will be able to download their SSC JHT 2021 Admit Cards from the SSC website. Separate admit cards will be issued for each stage of the recruitment process. The candidates will only be able to download their Admit Cards from the official website of SSC, as no copy of admit cards will be sent to the candidates by post/mail or any other means.
How To Download SSC JHT Admit Card 2021?
The candidates will be able to download the admit cards from the SSC website by following the steps mentioned below
- Open SSC website @ ssc.nic.in
- Click on “Admit Card”
- Select your region
- Click on the “Junior Hindi Translator” admit card
- Login using your registered email and password
- Admit card will be displayed
- Download the admit card
- Take a printout of the admit card
SSC JHT Result 2021
The SSC JHT 2021 result will be announced on the SSC website. The result will be released after each phase of the recruitment process. The candidates will be able to view/download the result by visiting the SSC site and logging in using their email id and password.
- Open SSC website @ ssc.nic.in
- Click on the JHT result 2021 link
- Download pdf to check the selected candidate’s list and marks secured
- Take a printout for reference
SSC JHT Cut Off 2021
The SSC JHT 2021 cutoff for each paper (Paper I and Paper II) will be uploaded on the SSC website after the examination. The candidates who will score more than or equal marks to the cut off will qualify for the next stage of the selection process.
SSC JHT 2021 Salary
The SSC JHT salary for the different posts and the pay scale is listed below
|Post (code)||Salary (pay scale)|
|A||Rs. 35,400/- to Rs. 1,12,400/- (pay scale - level 6)|
|B||Rs. 35,400/- to Rs. 1,12,400/- (pay scale - level 6)|
|C||Rs. 35,400/- to Rs. 1,12,400/- (pay scale - level 6)|
|D||Rs. 35,400/- to Rs. 1,12,400/- (pay scale - level 6)|
|E||Rs. 44,900/- to Rs. 1,42,400/- (pay scale - level 7)|
|F||Rs. 35,400/- to Rs. 1,12,400/- (pay scale - level 6)|
|G||Rs. 47600/- to Rs. 1,51,100/- (pay scale - level 8)|
SSC JHT 2021 FAQs
Q. SSC JHT 2021 Exam Will Be Conducted In How Many Parts?
A. The SSC JHT 2021 exam will be divided into two parts: Paper I with an objective question (CBT) for 100 marks and Paper II with descriptive questions for 200 marks.
Q. How Much Is The Application Fee For The SSC JHT 2021?
A. Rs. 100/- are to be paid by the candidates as the application fee for SSC JHT 2021. The female candidates and candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD category do not have to pay the application fee.
Q. What Documents Are Required To Fill The SSC JHT 2021 Application Form?
A. The candidate should have the following documents to fill the SSC JHT 2021 application form – Aadhaar Card / Aadhaar enrolment number, Scanned Photograph, Scanned Signature, High School Mark sheet.
Q. What Will Be The Salary For SSC Junior Hindi Translator?
A. The candidates who will be appointed as SSC Junior Hindi Translator will get salary according to the pay scale – level 6 i.e. from Rs. 35,400/- to Rs. 1,12,400/-
Q. I Have Done MA In Hindi, Can I Apply For SSC JHT 2021?
A. The candidates who have a Master’s degree in Hindi with English as an elective or compulsory subject will be able to apply for SSC JHT 2021.