APPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2020 Pdf Released: APPSC Group 2 exam pattern and syllabus have been revised and released on the APPSC website. As per the latest syllabus, there will be a Prelims/ Screening test for 150 marks. Candidates who qualify screening test/ Preliminary will be called for the main examination having three papers. The final selection of candidates will be based on the merit in the Main examination.
Finance Ministry of Government of Andhra Pradesh has given permission for Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission [APPSC] to organize a recruitment event for various posts of Group 2 existing in several departments/units. So APPSC released syllabus and pattern and interested candidates can find revised exam pattern, syllabus, and selection process of APPSC Group 2 examination 2020.
On the basis of the latest reports, we can say that APPSC Group 2 notification 2020 will be available in the month of November 2020. Notification will be released on APPSC official website psc.ap.gov.in and printed with complete details including APPSC Group 2 exam pattern and syllabus. To know detailed information on APPSC Group 2 exam pattern and syllabus, please go through this post as below we have explained everything about APPSC Group 2 exam pattern, syllabus, and selection process.
Quick Look Of APPSC Group 2 Exam Pattern 2020
Candidates who want to appear in the APPSC Group 2 exam 2020 must aware of the APPSC Group 2 exam pattern and syllabus. It consists of
- Prelims/ Screening test of 150 marks
- Main examination of 450 marks [Paper 1, 2 & 3; each of 150 marks]
|Prelim/ Screening Test |
Section - A
• General Studies & Mental Ability
Section - B
• Social and Cultural History of Andhra Pradesh
• Indian Constitution
Section - C
• Planning and Economy
General Studies & Mental Ability
I. Social History of Andhra Pradesh i.e., the history of various social & Cultural Movements in Andhra Pradesh
II. General overview of the Indian Constitution
Planning in India & Indian Economy Contemporary problems & Developments in Rural Society with special reference to Andhra Pradesh.
Detailed View Of APPSC Group 2 Exam Pattern 2020
Prelims/ Screening Test
Those candidates who successfully apply for APPSC Group 2 exam 2020 will be called for a screening test to be held at various centers across the state.
- The screening test will be for 150 marks and have 150 objective type questions for the time duration of 150 minutes.
- Each question carry 1 mark, there will be a provision of negative marking.
- For each wrong answer, 1/4th marks assigned to that question will be deducted. There won’t be any penalty for unattended questions.
- Based on the performance in the screening test, candidates will be shortlisted for the main examination.
Candidates qualified in screening test will be called by the commission for main examination. Like screening test, main test will also have objective type questions distributed in three different papers. Each paper will be of 150 marks. So, total marks for main test will be 450. To solve each paper in main test, candidates will get a time of 150 minutes. There is also a rule of negative marking in each paper. For every incorrect answer, 1/4th marks will be deducted from final scores. For unattended questions, there is no penalty. Therefore, aspirants should be sure before answering any question.
- Paper 1 – General Studies and Mental Ability
- Paper 2
- Social History of Andhra Pradesh i.e., the history of various social & Cultural Movements in Andhra Pradesh
- General overview of the Indian Constitution
- Paper 3 – Planning and Economy
APPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2020
APPSC Group 2 Syllabus is given below.
Prelims/ Screening Test Syllabus
APPSC Group 2 prelims/ screening test syllabus has been released. The prelim exam will have MCQs of bachelor’s degree standard on several topics.
Note: The syllabus of APPSC Group 2 Prelim and Mains are same, candidates can check brief syllabus of both prelims and mains below. For complete syllabus download pdf.
Section – A
General Studies & Mental Ability – Geography of India with focus on AP, regional, national & international current affairs, Socio, economic, political history of modern India, data analysis [Visual representation & tabulation of data, basic data analysis and interpretation], analytical ability and logical reasoning, Indian polity and governance, General Science and it applications, Bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and its cultural, political, administrative, economic, social, and legal implications/problems, disaster management etc.
Section – B
- Social and Cultural History of Andhra Pradesh – Geographical Features of Andhra and its impact on History & Culture, pre-historic cultures like The Ikshvakus and The Satavahanas. Socio-Economic and Religious Conditions etc.
- Several big and small dynasties that ruled Andhradesa between 11th and 16th centuries A.D., the advent of Europeans, Zamindari and Kisan Movements, Origin and growth of Andhra Movement, events leading to the establishment of Andhra Pradesh state
- Indian Constitution – features and nature, fundamental rights & duties, functions & structure of Indian Government, relationship between central & state governments, powers and the functions of constitutional bodies, amendment process to the constitution, Indian political parties, welfare mechanisms in India, women’s commission, RTI, Lok Ayukt, Lokpal, Human Rights Commission etc.
Section – C
Planning and Economy – Indian Economy and present status, Indian economic policies, resources & development, money, banking & public finance, national income, economic policies of Andhra Pradesh, agriculture and industrial growth of Andhra Pradesh, resource development of Andhra Pradesh etc.
Read : APPSC Group 2 Results 2020
APPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2020 [Main Test]
Paper 1 – General Studies and Mental Ability
- Geography of India with focus on AP
- Regional, national & international current affairs
- Socio, economic, Political history of modern India
- Data Analysis [Visual representation & tabulation of data, basic data analysis and interpretation]
- Analytical ability and logical reasoning
- Indian polity and governance
- General Science and its applications
- Bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and its cultural, political, administrative, economic, social, and legal implications/problems
- Disaster Management
I. Social and Cultural History of Andhra Pradesh
The history of various social & Cultural Movements in Andhra Pradesh, Several big and small dynasties that ruled Andhradesa between 11th and 16th centuries A.D., the advent of Europeans, Zamindari and Kisan Movements, Origin and growth of Andhra Movement, events leading to the establishment of Andhra Pradesh state etc.
II. Indian Constitution
Features and nature, fundamental rights & duties, functions & structure of Indian Government, relationship between central & state governments, powers and the functions of constitutional bodies, amendment process to the constitution, Indian political parties, welfare mechanisms in India, women’s commission, RTI, Lok Ayukt, Lokpal, Human Rights Commission etc.
Paper 3 – Planning and Economy
- Indian Economy and present status
- Indian Economic Policies
- Resources and Development
- Money, Banking and Public Finance
- National Income
- Economic Policies of Andhra Pradesh
- Agriculture and Industrial Growth of Andhra Pradesh
- Resource Development of Andhra Pradesh
Minimum Qualifying Marks
To qualify the main test, candidates of SC / ST / PH category are required to score at least 135 marks out of 450 marks whereas qualifying marks for BCs and others will be 157.5 and 180 respectively.
APPSC Group 2 Selection Procedure
Screening test will be conducted only to shortlist candidates for the main test. However, scores obtained by shortlisted candidates in the main test will be used in preparing a final merit list for selection. Final selection will be made on the basis of order of merit to be drawn after considering marks obtained by candidates in the written examination. Only those candidates who qualify in the written examination [main test] with high rank will be considered in the final selection process.
APPSC Group 2 Exam
The exact date of the APPSC Group 2 exam is still not disclosed by the commission. Further updates on the same will be available after the release of APPSC Group 2 notification 2020.