APPSC group 2 exam pattern and syllabus is given in the notification and website. As per available information, there will be a Screening test for 150 marks. Candidates who qualify screening test will be called for main examination having three papers. Final selection of candidates will be based on the merit in the Main examination.
Finance Ministry of Government of Andhra Pradesh has given permission for Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission [APPSC] to organize a recruitment event for various posts of Group 2 existing in several departments / units. Interested candidates can find exam pattern, syllabus and selection process of APPSC group 2 examination 2018 in the official notification once released.
On the basis of latest reports, we can say that APPSC group 2 notification 2018 will be available in the month of October 2018. Notification will be released on APPSC official website psc.ap.gov.in and printed with complete details including APPSC group 2 exam pattern and syllabus. To know detailed information on APPSC group 2 exam pattern and syllabus, please go through this post as below we have explained everything about APPSC group 2 exam pattern, syllabus and selection process.
Quick Look Of APPSC Group 2 Exam Pattern 2018
Candidates who want to appear in APPSC group 2 exam 2018 must aware of APPSC group 2 exam pattern and syllabus. It consists of
- Screening test of 150 marks
- Main examination of 450 marks [Paper 1, 2 & 3; each of 150 marks]
Detailed View Of APPSC Group 2 Exam Pattern 2018
Those candidates who successfully apply for APPSC group 2 exam 2018 will be called for a screening test to be held at various centres across the state. Screening test will be for 150 marks and have 150 objective type questions for the time duration of 150 minutes. Each question carry 1 mark, there will be a provision of negative marking. For each wrong answer, 1/4th marks assigned to that question will be deducted. There wont be no penalty for unattended questions. Based on performance in screening test, candidates will be shortlisted for main examination.
APPSC group 2 Syllabus 2018 [Screening Test]
Screening test will have MCQs of bachelor’s degree standard on several topics such as
- Economic Development of India – Economy in Medieval India, development plans & economic and industrial Policies of Independent India and Pre-Independence Indian economy, labour policies of Union and State Governments, role of Agriculture, Liberalization, Privatization, Globalization and Green Revolution in India.
- Constitution of India – Emphasis on State & Union Governments, Fundamental duties, Federalism, Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles of State Policy, Local Government, Judiciary, Judicial Review, Administration and Legislative relations between Union and State Governments, Scheduled and Tribal Area Administration.
- Current Affairs – Issues of National and international importance in arts, sports, science, technology, politics, economics, society etc.
Candidates qualified in screening test will be called by the commission for main examination. Like screening test, main test will also have objective type questions distributed in three different papers. Each paper will be of 150 marks. So, total marks for main test will be 450. To solve each paper in main test, candidates will get a time of 150 minutes. There is also a rule of negative marking in each paper. For every incorrect answer, 1/4th marks will be deducted from final scores. For unattended questions, there is no penalty.Therefore, aspirants should be sure before answering any question.
- Paper 1 – General Studies and Mental Ability
- Paper 2 – General overview of the Indian Constitution and Social as well as Cultural History of Andhra Pradesh
- Paper 3 – Developments and Contemporary problems in Rural Society with special reference to Andhra Pradesh and Planning in India & Indian Economy
APPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2018 [Main Test]
Paper 1 General Studies and Mental Ability
- Geography of India
- Regional, national & international current affairs
- Political history of modern India
- Data Analysis [Visual representation & tabulation of data, basic data analysis and interpretation]
- Analytical ability and logical reasoning
- Indian polity and governance
- General Science and it applications
- Bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and its cultural, political, administrative, economic, social, and legal implications/problems
Paper 2 – General Overview Of The Indian Constitution and Social As Well As Cultural History Of Andhra Pradesh
- Social and Cultural History of Andhra Pradesh
- Origin and growth of Andhra movement
- Events leading to the Formation of Andhra Pradesh State
- Structure and functions of Indian Government
- Welfare Mechanisms in India
- Indian Political Parties – Regional & National
- Amendment Process to the Constitution
- Relationship between State & Central government
Paper 3 – Developments and Contemporary problems in Rural Society with special reference to Andhra Pradesh and Planning in India & Indian Economy
- Meaning and Measurements of Growth
- Money, Banking and Public Finance
- Availability of Natural resources and Development
- Indian Economic Policies
- Planning in Indian Economy and present states
- National Income
- Socio Economic welfare Programmes of Government of Andhra Pradesh
- Important service sectors of Andhra Pradesh
- Economic policies of A.P.
- Five years plans of Andhra Pradesh
Minimum Qualifying Marks
To qualify main test, candidates of SC / ST / PH category are required to score at least 135 marks out of 450 marks whereas qualifying marks for BCs and others will be 157.5 and 180 respectively.
Procedure Of Selection
Screening test will be conducted only to shortlist candidates for main test. However, scores obtained by shortlisted candidates in the main test will be used in preparing a final merit list for selection. Final selection will be made on the basis of order of merit to be drawn after considering marks obtained by candidates in the written examination. Only those candidates who qualify in the written examination [main test] with high rank will be considered in final selection process.
APPSC Group 2 Exam
Exact date of APPSC group 2 exam is still not disclosed by the commission. Further updates on the same will be available after release of APPSC group 2 notification 2018.
We wish you Best of Luck for APPSC group 2 exam 2018