Syndicate Bank PO Recruitment 2018 :
On 27th Dec 2017, Syndicate bank has released Syndicate Bank PO 2018 official notification for admission to Postgraduate Diploma in Banking & Finance (PGDBF) programme for the academic session 2018-19. Candidates qualifying this written examination will get an opportunity to work as PO in syndicate bank after admission and successful completion of PGDBF programme offered through NITTE & Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE).
According to the official notification, here we are going to discuss everything about this entrance cum recruitment examination such as important dates, eligibility criteria, application fee & process, admit card, result, cut-off etc.
About Syndicate Bank PO 2018
Syndicate Bank PO 2018 will be an entrance cum recruitment examination for those candidates who are interested in an ever-growing banking career. Qualifying candidates will be eligible to get admission to 1 year PGDBF training course run at NITTE & Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE). After completing programme within the specified session, a student would be offered employment in the Syndicate Bank as PO (Probationary Officer) in Junior Management Grade/Scale-I. For 2018-19, the Syndicate Bank will select 500 candidates through this current selection exercise. Category-wise number of student intake are given below
|S.No||Category Name||Number of Student Intake|
The main purpose of conducting this entrance cum recruitment examination is that to choose candidates who are dedicated, bright, can work effectively in team, have good communication skills (both written & oral), are zealous about their career objectives and who display a positive approach and integrity towards bank.
Syndicate Bank PO 2018 Important Dates
|Examination conducted By||Syndicate Bank|
|Examination name||Syndicate Bank PO 2018|
|Essential Qualification||Graduation from a recognized university with 60% marks (for SC/ST/PwD- 55%)|
|Examination mode||Online (CBT or computer based test)|
|Online application (start and end)||2.01.2018 and 17.01.2018|
|Admit cards available from (tentative)||5.02.2018|
|Exam date and time duration (tentative)||18.02.2018|
|Exam Type||Entrance cum recruitment examination for post of Probationary Officer in Syndicate Bank|
|Exam centres||all over India (major cities)|
|Result declare on||Notified Soon|
|Apply online on||http://ibps.sifyitest.com/syndpgmjan18/|
Syndicate Bank PO 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Age limit and relaxation
All the interested candidates must note down that to apply for this examination they should be at least 20 years old but not more than 28 years. Age relaxation is applicable as shown in below table
|S.No.||Category Name||Age relaxation in years|
|1||Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|2||OBC (Other Backward Classes/Non-Creamy layer)||3 years|
|3||SC/ST (Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe)||5 years|
|4||Persons with Disabilities (PwD)||10 years|
- Minimum Educational Qualifications
To apply for Syndicate Bank PO 2018 examination, a candidate should have passed in any graduation programme from a recognized University with at least 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/PwD). To know more about eligibility criteria, candidates are requested to go through the official notification available on bank’s website.
Syndicate Bank PO 2018 Application Fee and Mode of Payment
General candidates have to pay a fee of Rs 600/- as their application + intimation fee. There is no application fee for candidates of SC/ST/PwD categories. They just have to pay an amount of Rs. 100.00 as intimation charges. All the candidates are required to know that they have to pay application fees/ intimation charges through online mode only by using internet banking, credit card and debit card.
Note– Bank Transaction charges are applicable and will have to be paid by the applicant. Application fees/ intimation charges submitted in other modes will be rejected by examination conducting authorities.
Syndicate Bank PO 2018 Application form and Process
All the banking aspirants have to fill and submit online application to apply for Syndicate Bank PO 2018. For the academic session 2018-19, Syndicate Bank invites online application for admission to one-year residential training programme i.e. Postgraduate Diploma in Banking & Finance (PGDBF). Application filled and submitted in other modes will not be entertained by Syndicate Bank. Before filling and submitting online application for Syndicate Bank PO 2018 examination, you are requested to go through official notification carefully to ensure eligibility criteria.
How To Fill Syndicate Bank PO 2018 Online Application?
- Before attempting online application, make sure you have a valid email ID
- Visit Syndicate Bank’s official website
- At home page, you will see ‘Announcements’ tab
- On hovering mouse over ‘Announcements’ tab, you will find ‘Career’ tab/button
- Click it
- You will be landed on a new page where you will see ‘PGDBF PROGRAMME 2018-2019’ written under ‘Reference No. REC/98066/2017’
- Click ‘APPLY ONLINE’ link or Click here for direct link
- You will be landed on new page where you will ‘Click here for New Registration’ link
- Now, enter all the basic details such as name, mobile number, email ID etc in their respective fields
- Fill security code as given in box
- Hit ‘Save & Next’ button
- Now, you will receive an email along with an SMS with your ‘Provisional Registration Number’ and ‘Password’
- you are requested to note it down carefully as you have to use them in future
- Now, upload scanned copies of your recent recognizable PP size photo and signature
- But prior to uploading documents, you are recommended to read ‘Guidelines’ carefully
- Click ‘Next’
- Now, fill other basic details such as ‘Category’, ‘Date of Birth’, etc
- Now, hit ‘Save & Next’ tab
- Preview your application and make changes if you need
- Make ‘Payment’
- Don’t forget to take a print out of ‘E-receipt’ and ‘Application form’
List Of Documents Needed
- One valid email address and working mobile number
- Scanned copies of documents in required format (image and signature)
- Net banking or debit/credit card details to pay your application fee
- All academic mark sheets or certificates
Syndicate Bank PO 2018 Exam Pattern
This examination will be conducted in online mode by IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) followed by Interview and/or group discussion. Syndicate Bank PO 2018 online examination will be divided into two sections- objective test and descriptive test. Candidates will get 120 minutes to solve objective test and another 30 minutes to solve descriptive test. Complete online exam pattern is given below.
|S.No.||Section name||No and type of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|2||Quantitative Aptitude||50 (objective)||50|
|3||English Language||50 (objective)||50|
|4||General Awareness||50 (objective)||50|
|5||English Language||2 (descriptive)||50|
Note – Syndicate Bank has the authority to make changes in the pattern/structure of examination. if any candidates will be intimated through official website.
Candidates qualified in online examination will be called for Interview and/or Group Discussion. Online examination’s cut-off/qualifying marks will be decided by the Bank.
Syndicate Bank PO 2018 Examination Section-wise Syllabus
- Reasoning – Data sufficiency, order & ranking, inequality, circular/linear seating arrangement, syllogism, blood relations, coding-decoding, direction sense etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude – Number series, quadratic equations, missing DI sets, simplification/approximation, mathematical inequality, double diagram DI and MCQs on miscellaneous topics such as time, work & wages, profit, Partnerships, Pipes & Cisterns, loss & discount, simple & compound interest, Mixtures & Alligations etc.
- English Language – MCQs on sentence connectors, reading comprehension, fill in the blanks, error spotting, Idiom-Phrase/ Odd one out based MCQs, sentence improvement, cloze test etc.
- General Awareness – Banking awareness MCQs, Currencies, national/international important organizations’ headquarters, important Places, national/international current affairs, static general awareness, important government schemes, important summits, important days, books & authors, awards, etc.
Syndicate Bank PO 2018 Call letters for the Online Examination
As per official notification, candidates can download their call letters from 18.02.2018. However, this date is tentative and it might be changed. Therefore, candidates are recommended to visit official website for downloading call letter.
How To Download a Call letter/Admit Card?
- Open Syndicate Bank’s website in your browser
- Click ‘Career’ tab present in ‘Announcements’ tab
- Hit ‘Download Admit card’ link
- Fill all the asked details
- Click ‘Submit’ button
- Save or Print your Syndicate Bank PO 2018 Admit card
Syndicate Bank PO 2018 Online Exam Centres
This year, Syndicate Bank PO 2018 examination will be held in more than 100 cities/towns across the nation. Name of few centres are- Durgapur, Dehradun, Meerut, Mathura, Jodhpur, Jaipur, Bikaner, Lucknow, Kanpur, Jhansi, Ambala, Surat, Salem, Erode, Chennai, Asansol, Roorkee, Haldwani, Sikar, Kota, Ghaziabad, Ajmer, Nashik, Panaji, Patiala, Agartala, Thrichur, Greater Kolkata, Allahabad, Aligarh, Agra, Hubli, Dhanbad, Srinagar, Una, Kochi, Kolhapur, Dhule, Kullu etc.
Syndicate Bank PO 2018 Result
After few weeks from the date of online examination, Syndicate Bank will release results on its official website. Moreover, Syndicate Bank will intimate candidates of result declaration through SMS and email. To check your result, you need to visit Syndicate Bank’s official website.
Syndicate Bank PO 2018 cut-off
Syndicate Bank has set cut-off marks to qualify online examination. All the candidates have to score above cut-off marks if they want to be called for Interview and/or Group Discussion.
Once and for all guys, if you still have any questions regarding Syndicate Bank PO 2018 Examination then do comment below.