TANCET 2019 Application Form [Registration, Date] : Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET 2019) is conducted by the Anna University. It is a state level entrance test which is conducted for offering admission in post graduate courses such as MBA, MCA, M. Arch, M. Tech and M.E. This entrance test will offer admission in the Anna University and its affiliated colleges. Find all the relevant details of TANCET 2019 in this article like exam notification, application dates, application form, fee, exam dates, admit cards, results etc.
- Important Dates
- Application Form
- Application Fee
- Exam Pattern
- Selection Process
- Hall Tickets
- Cut Off
TANCET 2019 Important Dates
|Events||Dates 2019 (Tentative)|
|Commencement of filling application form TANCET 2019||Last week of January|
|Last date for the submission of TANCET application form 2019||III week of February|
|Download of TANCET admit card 2019||II week of March|
|Date of TANCET 2019 Exam||III week of March|
|Declaration of TANCET Result 2019||IV week of March|
|Counselling for admission will begin||In the month of May|
TANCET 2019 Notification
The Anna University will release TANCET 2019 official notification on the official website in the month of January. Interested and eligible candidates can download and apply for TANCET 2019 examination. Click here to download TANCET 2019 notification. (Link will be active soon)
TANCET 2019 Eligibility
The candidates who wish to apply for the desirable course must fulfil the following eligibility criteria which are decided by the Anna University.
- The applicants should have completed the Bachelor’s degree along with the minimum marks of 50% marks. However, the candidates of the reserved category will have the privilege of relaxation of 5% marks.
- The applicants who have valid GATE score need not to appear for the written examination.
- But the applicants who have GATE score in the discipline of Life Science and Engineering Science have to appear for the TANCET 2019.
- Applicants who are from the state are also eligible to apply but their eligibility will be decided by the respective authorities.
M. Tech/M. Arch/M.E./M. Plan
- The candidates must have either the Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent degree in the respective discipline.
- In the bachelor’s degree of the respective discipline, one should obtained at least 50% marks. The candidates of the reserved category require at least 45% aggregate marks in the Bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates who have GATE score card from the year 2017, 2018 and 2019 are also eligible to apply.
- Candidate must have the 3 years Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
- They must get minimum 50% marks (45% in the case of reserved category candidates) in the qualifying examination of Bachelor’s degree.
- Candidate must have the Bachelor’s degree with mathematics at 10+2 and graduation level.
- They must get minimum 50% marks (45% in the case of reserved category candidates).
For MCA (Lateral Entry)
- Candidate must have the Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration in BCA, B.Sc. (Computer Science/Information Technology) with mathematics at 10+2 level or at Graduate level.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate should have obtained minimum of 50% marks and 45% marks SC/ST.
TANCET 2019 Application Form
Candidates who wish to take admission in colleges of Tamil Nadu will fill the TANCET application form 2019. It will be filled via online mode. The interested candidates must read all the instructions for filling the application form. The candidates must fill all the correct information to avoid the rejection of application at any stage.
TANCET 2019 – How To Fill Online Application
- The candidates will go to the official website and will click on the link of TANCET 2019. They will click on the link of application form.
- They will provide all the correct details. They have to provide the personal as well as academic information which must be accompanied by the valid address for the communication. They must have the valid email ID and mobile number for the communication in future.
- Date of birth
- Year of passing
- SSLC registration number
- HSC/ Diploma year of passing
- Applying for entrance test
- Test code for entrance test
- Mobile number
- Email id
- Course name for which the candidate is applying
- Year of passing
After that, the candidates will upload the scanned photograph and signature. The scanned photograph along with the scanned signature must be in JPG/JPEG format. The size of the scanned copied must be in between 20KB – 30 KB. If size of the scanned copied is more than this, then system will not accept the scanned copies.
TANCET 2019 Application Fee
The application fees must be paid after filling the application, otherwise the application form will be taken as incomplete. The application fees mentioned below is for the one programme only.
The payment can be paid via online mode only through net banking, credit card and debit card. The candidates can choose any of the ways to pay the application fees. No offline mode is applicable for paying the application fees.
|Category||Application Fee (Expected)|
|SC/ SCA/ ST candidates from Tamil Nadu only||Rs. 250|
TANCET Exam Pattern 2019
TANCET 2019 is also having exam pattern. The main thing about the examination is that the entrance examination will be conducted in the offline mode. In this examination, there will be only multiple choice questions. There will be 100 objective questions which must be solved within two hours. Each question will have four alternatives, among which the candidates has to mark the 1 correct answer. The candidates will get 1 mark for each correct answer but for the wrong answer, there will be penalty. 1/3 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
|Courses||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|M.E./M. Tech/M. Plan/M. Arch||100||100|
TANCET Selection Process
Selection of the candidates will be based on the marks scored by the candidates in the written examination. Each candidate should score above cut off marks to get admission in the specified colleges.
For getting admission in desirable course via TANCET 2019, one has to go through the entire exam process. First of all, he has to collect the information on exam dates. After that along with the preparation of exam, they have to fill the application form within the deadline. It will be followed by the download of admit card and then getting appear for the exam. In last, checking the result and passed candidates will attend the counselling process.
Normalization Of Marks
Marks will be normalized based on the below formula.
Normalised marks = 40 + (10/s) (r – m)
TANCET Syllabus 2019
Candidates have to prepare for the following sections to crack TANCET 2019.
- Data Interpretation
- Mathematical problems that should cover the graduate level and 10+2 level
- Verbal Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude
Click here to check TANCET 2019 syllabus of various courses
TANCET 2019 Admit Card
The candidates will download the TANCET hall ticket 2019 from the official website . They have to download the admit card via online mode only. No candidate will receive the admit card via post. The authorities will release the TANCET hall ticket 2019 at least 7 days before the exam. Candidate must keep the hall tickets till the end of admission process.
TANCET 2019 Results
TANCET 2019 result will be declared online on the official website. The candidates who will appear for the examination will be able to check the result using their registration ID and password. They will be able to download the result and mark sheet using their registration ID.
TANCET Cut Off
TANCET cut off is the minimum marks required to pass the written examination.
Category-wise TANCET Cut off 2018 for MBA Colleges in Tamil Nadu
|PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore||48.400||44.400||37.000||41.600||35.600||31.600||32.200|
|University of Madras, Chepauk||44.000||41.800||40.200||35.800||36.800||30.200||-|
|University Departments of Anna University - CEG, Chennai||46.200||43.000||43.600||37.800||37.800||31.000||35.000|
|University of Madras, Chepauk,||40.600||39.000||39.200||33.200||33.400||26.400||30.400|
|Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering, Kancheepuram||41.200||38.800||30.000||34.600||31.000||30.000||24.600|
|Kumaraguru College of Technology, Chinnavedampatti Post, Coimbatore||37.200||34.600||29.400||29.600||25.800||19.600||32.000|
|Thiagarajar School of Management(Co-Ed), Madurai||40.000||38.200||32.000||33.800||29.600||17.000||25.200|
|Easwari Engineering College, Ramapuram, Chennai||35.200||32.000||29.000||28.000||28.600||12.800||-|
|St. Joseph’s College of Engineering, OMR, Chennai||36.400||34.200||29.000||30.800||29.000||27.600||-|
|R M K Engineering College, Gummidipoondi, Thiruvallur||34.000||31.600||-||30.200||27.600||27.400||-|