TANCET 2021 Application Form [Registration, Date] : Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test is conducted by the Anna University. TANCET 2021 is a state-level entrance test conducted for offering admission in postgraduate courses such as MBA, MCA, M. Arch, M. Tech, and M.E. in Anna University and its affiliated colleges.
- TANCET Registration will commence from the last week of January 2021 and the last date to apply online is the 3rd week of February 2021.
- The TANCET exam will be held in the 3rd week of March 2021.
Find all the relevant details of TANCET 2021 in this article like exam notification, application dates, application form, fee, exam dates, admit cards, results, etc.
- Important Dates
- Application Form
- Application Fee
- Exam Pattern
- Selection Process
- Hall Tickets
- Cut Off
TANCET 2021 Important Dates
|TANCET Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|Commencement of application form||Last week of January 2021|
|Last date of application form||III week of February 2021|
|Admit card||II week of March 2021|
|Date of Exam||III week of March 2021|
|Declaration of Result||IV week of March 2021|
|Counselling||In the month of May 2021|
TANCET 2021 Notification
Anna University will release TANCET 2021 official notification on the official website in the month of January. Interested and eligible candidates can download and apply for TANCET 2021 examination.
Download TANCET 2021 notification Pdf
TANCET 2021 Eligibility
The candidates who wish to apply for the desired course must fulfill the following TANCET eligibility criteria decided by the Anna University.
- The applicants should have completed the Bachelor’s degree along with the minimum marks of 50% marks. However, the candidates of the reserved category will have the privilege of relaxation of 5% marks.
- The applicants who have valid GATE score need not appear for the written examination.
- But the applicants who have GATE score in the discipline of Life Science and Engineering Science have to appear for the TANCET 2021.
- Applicants who are from the state are also eligible to apply but their eligibility will be decided by the respective authorities.
M. Tech/M. Arch/M.E./M. Plan
- The candidates must have either the Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent degree in the respective discipline.
- In the bachelor’s degree of the respective discipline, one should obtain at least 50% marks. The candidates of the reserved category require at least 45% aggregate marks in the Bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates who have GATE scorecard from the year 2017, 2018 and 2021 are also eligible to apply.
- Candidate must have the 3 years Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
- They must get a minimum of 50% marks (45% in the case of reserved category candidates) in the qualifying examination of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree with mathematics at 10+2 and graduation level.
- They must get a minimum of 50% marks (45% in the case of reserved category candidates).
For MCA (Lateral Entry)
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration in BCA, B.Sc. (Computer Science/Information Technology) with mathematics at 10+2 level or at Graduate level.
- Minimum Marks: Candidate should have obtained a minimum of 50% marks and 45% marks SC/ST.
TANCET 2021 Application Form
Candidates interested to take admission in colleges of Tamil Nadu must submit the TANCET application form 2021. It will be filled through online mode only. Interested candidates must read all the instructions for filling the application form. The candidates must fill all the correct information to avoid the rejection of application at any stage.
TANCET 2021 – How To Fill Online Application
- Visit the official website and click on the link of TANCET 2021 to access the application form.
- Provide all the correct details such as personal, academic information, and valid address for the communication.
- Provide a valid email ID and mobile number for communication in the future.
- After that, the candidates will upload the scanned photograph and signature.
- Pay the required fee
- Submit the application form and download the confirmation page.
- Date of birth
- Year of passing
- SSLC registration number
- HSC/ Diploma year of passing
- Applying for the entrance test
- Test code for the entrance test
- Mobile number
- Email id
- Course name for which the candidate is applying
- Year of passing
- Scanned Photograph
- Scanned Signature
The scanned photograph along with the scanned signature must be in JPG/JPEG format. The size of the scanned copied must be in between 20KB – 30 KB. If the size of the scanned copied is more than this, then the system will not accept the scanned copies.
TANCET 2021 Application Fee
The application fees must be paid after filling the application, otherwise, the application form will be taken as incomplete. The application fees mentioned below are for the one program only.
The payment can be paid via online mode only through net banking, credit card, and debit card. The candidates can choose any of the ways to pay the application fees. No offline mode is applicable for paying the application fees.
|Category||Application Fee (Expected)|
|SC/ SCA/ ST candidates from Tamil Nadu only||Rs. 250|
TANCET Exam Pattern 2021
- TANCET 2021 examination will be conducted in the offline mode and consist of only multiple-choice questions.
- There will be 100 objective questions that must be solved within two hours.
- Each question will have four alternatives, among which the candidates have to mark the 1 correct answer.
- The candidates will get 1 mark for each correct answer but for the wrong answer, there will be a penalty. 1/3 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
|Courses||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|M.E./M. Tech/M. Plan/M. Arch||100||100|
TANCET Selection Process
The selection of the candidates will be based on the marks scored by the candidates in the written examination. Each candidate should score above cut off marks to get admission in the specified colleges.
For getting admission in a desirable course via TANCET 2021, one has to go through the entire exam process. First of all, he has to collect the information on exam dates.
After that along with the preparation of the exam, they have to fill the application form within the deadline. It will be followed by the download of admit card and then getting appear for the exam. In last, checking the result and passed candidates will attend the counseling process.
Normalization Of Marks
Marks will be normalized based on the below formula.
Normalised marks = 40 + (10/s) (r – m)
TANCET Syllabus 2021
Candidates have to prepare for the following sections to crack TANCET 2021.
- Data Interpretation
- Mathematical problems that should cover the graduate level and 10+2 level
- Verbal Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude
Download TANCET 2021 syllabus Pdf
TANCET 2021 Admit Card
The candidates will download the TANCET hall ticket 2021 from the official website. Candidates can download the TANCET admit card through online mode only. No candidate will receive the admit card via post. The authorities will release the TANCET hall ticket 2021 at least 7 days before the exam. Candidate must keep the hall tickets till the end of the admission process.
- Visit the official website @http://www.annauniv.edu
- Click on TANCET Admit Card 2021
- Enter the required details and submit
- Download and take a print out
TANCET 2021 Results
TANCET 2021 result will be declared online on the official website. The candidates who will appear for the examination will be able to check the result using their registration ID and password. They will be able to download the result and mark sheet using their registration ID.
TANCET Cut Off
TANCET cut off is the minimum marks required to pass the written examination.
Category-wise TANCET Cut off 2018 for MBA Colleges in Tamil Nadu
|PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore||48.400||44.400||37.000||41.600||35.600||31.600||32.200|
|University of Madras, Chepauk||44.000||41.800||40.200||35.800||36.800||30.200||-|
|University Departments of Anna University - CEG, Chennai||46.200||43.000||43.600||37.800||37.800||31.000||35.000|
|University of Madras, Chepauk,||40.600||39.000||39.200||33.200||33.400||26.400||30.400|
|Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering, Kancheepuram||41.200||38.800||30.000||34.600||31.000||30.000||24.600|
|Kumaraguru College of Technology, Chinnavedampatti Post, Coimbatore||37.200||34.600||29.400||29.600||25.800||19.600||32.000|
|Thiagarajar School of Management(Co-Ed), Madurai||40.000||38.200||32.000||33.800||29.600||17.000||25.200|
|Easwari Engineering College, Ramapuram, Chennai||35.200||32.000||29.000||28.000||28.600||12.800||-|
|St. Joseph’s College of Engineering, OMR, Chennai||36.400||34.200||29.000||30.800||29.000||27.600||-|
|R M K Engineering College, Gummidipoondi, Thiruvallur||34.000||31.600||-||30.200||27.600||27.400||-|