UP Constable Syllabus 2021 [Exam Pattern, Date] : UPPRPB will conduct UP Constable recruitment for hiring eligible candidates on around 50000 vacancies. UP Police Constable 2021 selection process include a written exam followed by document verification and physical efficiency test.
UP Constable written exam pattern consist of 150 MCQs for 300 marks. Written exam syllabus has been detailed here. After the successful completion of all stages of recruitment, the Board will release the final merit list based on which candidates will be appointed as UP Police Constables.
For the convenience of the candidates here is a brief explanation about the exam pattern, selection procedure, syllabus etc. regarding UP Police Constable exam 2021. The candidate is advised to go through it very carefully in order to know the details and ace the examination.
- UP Constable Apply Online
- UP Police Constable Admit Card
- UP Police Constable Result
- UPPCL AE Apply Online
UP Constable Exam Pattern 2021
The written exam pattern for the UP Police Constable exam 2021 is as follows.
|Particulars||Number of Questions|
|Numerical and Mental Ability||37|
|Mental Aptitude, IQ and Reasoning Ability||38|
- The duration of the examination is 2 hours wherein the candidate has to answer 150 questions of 2 marks each making the paper of 300 marks in total.
- There will be negative marking for every answer that has been wrongly attempted which is 0.5 marks.
- The questions will be asked both in English and Hindi.
- According to the number of candidates appearing for the exam, the Board will fix different slots and shifts for the written exam.
- The written exam will consist of objective type questions where the candidate is expected to mark the most appropriate answer.
- If any question or the options provided for it has any errors in it, then all the candidates appearing for the exam shall get full marks for that particular question/s.
- The level of the questions framed in the examination will be as per the minimum educational standard.
- The candidate should know that UP Police Recruitment and Promotion Board holds the right to change the pattern if required.
UP Constable Syllabus 2021
The detailed syllabus of the UP Police Constable Recruitment 2021 written exam is mentioned below as per the syllabus prescribed by the Board.
- General Science
- History of India
- Indian Constitution’
- Indian Economics
- Market and Commerce
- Indian and World Geography
- Uttar Pradesh education system and culture
- Uttar Pradesh Police and General Administration
- Human Rights
- Internal Security and Terrorism
- India and its Relation with neighboring countries
- Cyber crime
- Awards and Recognitions
- Important days and events
- National Currency
- Books and their Authors
- Social Media Communication
भाषा-हिंदी व्याकरण की मूल बातें, हिन्दी व्याकरण का मौलिक ज्ञान-हिन्दी वर्णमाला तद्भव-तत्सम, हिन्दी और अन्य भारतीय भाषायें, पर्यायवाची विलोम, समरूपी भिन्नार्थक शब्द, अनेकार्थक वाक्यांशो के स्थान पर एक शब्द, सर्वनाम विशेषण, क्रिया, काल, वाच्य, अशु़द्व वाक्यों को शुद्व करना, लिंग वचन, कारक, अव्यय, उपसर्ग, प्रत्यय, सन्धि, समास, रस, छन्द, अंलकार आदि, विराम-चिन्ह, मुहावरे एवं लोकोक्तियां, अपठित बोध, प्रसिद्व कवि, लेखक एवं उनकी प्रसिद्व रचनाये, हिन्दी भाषा में पुरस्कार.
Numerical and Mental Ability
- Number System
- Decimals and Fractions
- HCF and LCM
- Ratio and proportion
- Time, Speed and Distance
- Profit and loss
- Simple and Compound interest
- Tables and Graphs
- Time and Work
- Direction sense
- Arguments and conclusions
- Data interpretation
- Arithmetic computations and other analytical functions
- Word and Alphabet analogy
- Symbol-Relationship interpretation
- Perception test
- Word formation test
- Logical diagrams
- Letter and Number series
Mental Aptitude, IQ and Reasoning Ability
Attitude towards the following topics will be tested.
- Public interest
- Law and order
- Communal harmony
- Rule of law
- Ability of adaptability
- Interest towards profession
- Mental toughness
- Sensitivity towards minorities and underprivileged
- Gender sensitivity
- Relationship and analogy test
- Series completion
- Coding decoding
- Direction sense
- Blood relations
- Alphabet problems
- Venn diagram
- Mathematical ability test
- Similarity and differences
- Problem solving
- Judgement analysis
- Decision making
- Visual memory
- Arithmetical reasoning
- Verbal and figure classification
- Number series
UP Constable Examination Date 2021
The UP Constable Examination notification is expected to release shortly on the official website in which the exact dates of the examination are given. The tentative date of the examination is December 2021, hence it is advisable for the candidate to start preparing with immediate effect. After the deceleration of written result, eligible candidates will have to attend the document verification and physical efficiency test to be held tentatively in the month of January 2022.
UP Constable Selection Process 2021
The UP Police Constable selection process 2021 held in the following stages:
- Written Exam
- Document Verification
- Physical Efficiency Test
Candidates to be recruited as constables in the UP Police force will have to clear all these stages to be considered eligible for the final merit list. The Board will conduct the written exam in the first stage of the recruitment process.
The written exam will be objective type and candidates will have to clear this stage to be eligible for the next round. The Board will also release the answer key and the result of this stage based on which candidates will be selected for the subsequent round.
Based on the number of vacancies available and the reservation of certain category candidates, the Board will invite candidates for the document verification and physical efficiency test. Candidates will be called on for verification of their original documents.
All candidates will have to present mandatory documents during this round, failing to produce will result in their candidature to be cancelled. Candidates appearing for the physical efficiency test will have to make sure of the following body measurement guidelines.
|UR/OBC/SC Candidates||168 cm|
|ST Candidates||160 cm|
|UR/OBC/SC Candidates||79 cm (without expanding)|
84 cm (with expanding)
|ST Candidates||77 cm (without expanding)|
82 cm (with expanding)
|UR/OBC/SC Candidates||152 cm|
|ST Candidates||147 cm|
Female candidates should weigh at least 40 kg.
Candidates who clear the document verification round and body measurement test will then be shortlisted for the physical efficiency test. Candidates will have to go through several physical tasks to ensure their physical efficiency and fitness.
The Board will release the procedure, exact dates and time for the physical efficiency test round on its website. The candidate should note that the Document Verification Test and Physical Standard Test along with the Physical Efficiency Test will not carry any marks but are only qualifying in nature.
After the completion of all the stages, the Board will formulate the final merit list based on the performance of the candidates in all the respective stages in order of merit. The merit list will take into account the total number of vacancies available for each category and then select candidates accordingly.
After the medical as well as character test of candidates, the final list will be uploaded on the official website. The candidates whose name and roll numbers appear on that list are then recommended for final appointment.
In case of a tie between candidates, the Board will select candidates as mentioned below.
- Candidate who is older in terms of age shall be given preference
- If the tie still persists, then the Board will refer to the names of the candidate as mentioned in their High School Certificate in alphabetical order according to the English language.
Following are the documents required by a candidate at the time of document verification of UP Constable Recruitment 2021
- Educational qualification documents (Matriculation, Senior Secondary mark sheet/certificate)
- Category certificate
- Disability certificate
- UP state Domicile certificate
- Ex-Serviceman/Home guard proof and NOC from employer
- Valid ID proof
- Recently clicked coloured photographs
UP Police Constable Exam FAQ’s
Q. How Many Questions Are Given In UP Police Constable Recruitment Exam?
A. There are going to be 150 questions in the exam paper.
Q. How Many Mark/s Will Each Question Carry?
A. Each question will carry 2 marks.
Q. How Many Questions Of General Hindi Will Be There In The UP Constable Recruitment Examination?
A. There are going to be 37 questions of General Hindi in the examination paper.
Q. What Is The Minimum Height Required By A Male Candidate Of General Category For The UP Constable Recruitment Examination?
A. The minimum height required by a male candidate of general category is 168 cm.
Q. Will Aadhaar Card Be Applicable As A Valid Id Proof?
A. Yes, it will be regarded as valid id proof.