UP Police Constable 2018 Recruitment Notification – UP PRPB Recruitment 2018 (41520 Vacancies)
On 14th Jan 2018, the Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment and Promotion Board also known as UP PRPB, Lucknow has released the official notification for recruitment of eligible candidates for the posts of constable in civil police and reserved territorial armed. It will be a direct recruitment exercise organized and conducted by UP PRPB. As per official notification, here, we are going to explain everything about this recruitment exercise including number of vacancies, important dates, eligibility criteria, application fee & process, admit card, result, cut-off etc.
Number Of Vacancies
Here, we are providing exact number of constable vacancies to be filled through this recruitment exercise. Category-wise vacancies are explained in the below table
UP Police Constable 2018 Important Dates
UP Police Constable 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Age limit and Relaxation
For recruitment, it is necessary that on 1st Jan 2018, male candidates should be 18 years old but not more than 22 years which means applicant must have born in between 2nd July 1996 and 1st July 2000. For female candidates, the maximum age limit will be 25 years. 5 years of relaxation in maximum age limit will be given to the candidates of SC/ST/OBC categories. However, they have to produce ‘caste certificate’ issued by the respective government authorities.
Note – To know exact details regarding relaxation in age you have to go through the official notification available on UP PRPB’s website or click here to download.
Minimum Educational Qualifications
Candidates have passed in 10+12/intermediate examination from a recognized state/central board is eligible to apply for this recruitment exercise. Candidates who have appeared and waiting for results /appearing students are not eligible to apply.
UP Police Constable 2018 Application Fee and Mode Of Payment
To apply for this recruitment exercise, all the candidates have to pay a fee of Rs 400/- as their application fee. Application fee can be paid in any of the following modes
- Online- by using a debit/credit card or internet banking
- Offline- by using a E-challan
All the candidates should note down that the last date of submitting application fee is 23rd Feb 2018.
UP Police Constable 2018 Application form and process
UP Police Constable 2018 interested candidates have to fill and submit online application to apply for this recruitment examination. UP PRPB will accept only online application submitted through its official website.
How To Fill UP PRPB 2018 Application Form?
- Open UP PRPB’s website
- Click ‘All notifications/advertisements’ link available in the left-side of the website
- Now, click ‘Candidate registration’ link available under ‘Online Application’ heading
- Fill all the required details and click ‘Submit’ button
- Now, click ‘Fee Deposition/reconciliation’ tab available below ‘Candidate registration’ link
- After paying online fee you need to ‘Update your Payment Details’ by clicking ‘Submit Application Form’ link available below ‘Fee Deposition/reconciliation’ link
- Take a print out of your final submitted application along with e-receipt
Necessary documents needed to apply online
- 10th & 12th or equivalent examinations passing mark sheets/certificates
- NIELIT’s ‘O Level’ certificate (if available)
- NCC certificate (if available)
- Caste certificate issued by respective government officer (if applicable)
- Scanned copy of PP size photo and signature with dimensions 35 mm x 45 mm & 3.5 cm x 1.5 cm respectively in JPEG/JPG/JPE format
UP Police Constable (UP PRPB) 2018 Exam Pattern
- Written Examination- Those candidates who submit online application successfully will get a chance to appear in UP Police Constable 2018 written examination. Written examination will be a computer based test of maximum 300 marks having MCQs on general awareness, general Hindi, numerical & mental ability, mental aptitude, I.Q. and reasoning ability. There will be also a provision of negative marking in written examination.
- Physical standard test- Candidates qualified in written examination have to appear in physical standard test. Minimum Physical Standard for both male and female candidates are given in the below table.
- Physical Efficiency Test– Candidates having above-mentioned measurements have to appear in this test. This test will be conducted to assess candidates’ physical efficiencies. To qualify this test, a male candidate has to run 4.8 km in 25 minutes and female candidates have to run 2.4 km in 14 minutes. Those candidates who will not be able to complete running within given time will be not eligible for recruitment. The complete procedure of physical efficiency test will be organized by board and its schedule will be published on website.
UP Police Constable (UP PRPB) 2018 Written Examination Syllabus
- General knowledge – This section will contains MCQs on the following topics- general science, history of India, Indian constitution, Indian economy & culture, Indian agriculture, trade & commerce, population, environment & urbanization, India’s & World’s geography, natural resources, UP’s educational culture, questions on subjects of National & international importance, cyber crime, important days, books and their authors, social media communication, countries and their capitals & currencies, awards, demonetization and its effect, environmental studies, important abbreviations, protection of women & children etc.
- General Hindi – This section will contains MCQs on the following topics- Hindi & other Indian languages, sentence correction & idioms phrases, Hindi grammar, antonym, synonym, questions & answer from the passage, one word substitutions etc.
- Numerical & Mental Ability – This section will contains MCQs on the following topics- number system, arithmetical computations & other analytical functions, mensuration, time & distance, partnership, discount, HCF & LCM, average, use of tables & graphs, ratio & proportion, profit & loss, simple & compound interest, perception test, logical interpretation of data, forcefulness of argument, determining implied meanings, word & alphabet analogy, symbol-relationship interpretation, word-formation test, letter & number series etc.
- Mental aptitude, I.Q. and Reasoning Ability – This section will contains MCQs on several topics to check candidate’s attitude towards the following- gender sensitivity, sensitivity towards underprivileged & minorities, contemporary police issues & law & order, communal harmony, crime control etc. In addition to this, this part of written examination also contains MCQs on other topics such as arithmetical number series, arithmetical reasoning, discrimination, analysis judgment, space visualization, analogies, similarities, time sequence test, blood relation, coding & decoding etc.
UP Police Constable (UP PRPB) 2018 Admit Card
The Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment and Promotion Board (UP PRPB) will issue admit cards before few weeks from the date of the examination. However, date of examination is yet to be released. It is expected that after starting online application, the UP PRPB will release further important dates.
How To Download UP PRPB 2018 Admit Card
To download UP Police Constable 2018 written examination admit card you need to visit its official website. There, you have to go to the recruitment section and find ‘Admit card’ link. Click it and fill the required details. You will get your admit card for written examination.
UP Police Constable 2018 Written Exam centers
It is expected that the Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment and Promotion Board (UP PRPB) will held UP Police Constable 2018 written examination in several cities/towns across the state. However, exact names of cities/towns are still unknown.
UP Police Constable 2018 Result
The Uttar Pradesh Police Recruitment and Promotion Board (UP PRPB) will first release written examination result after few weeks from the date of written examination. Candidates qualified in written examination have to appear in physical standard test followed by a physical proficiency test. Final selection of a candidate will be based on a merit list prepared by combining scores of written examination and physical efficiency test.