Civil Services Exam 2019 Registration [Apply Online] : UPSC Civil services and the Indian Forest Service application form 2019 has been released by the commission on its official website @upsconline.nic.in. UPSC invites eligible candidates to apply online for submitting online application form. Before applying online, candidates has to check the eligibility requirement such as Nationality, Age Limit, Educational Qualification along with Physical Standards as per notification. Only those candidates should submit application form if the candidate meet the eligibility criteria.
UPSC conducts Civil Services exam every year to recruit prospective candidates to the Indian Administrative Service, Indian Police Service, Indian Revenue Service, Indian Postal Service, Indian Foreign Service and other central services. Indian Forest Service Preliminary exam is also conducted along with Civil Services (Preliminary) exam.
The official notification regarding the UPSC Civil Services exam and the Indian Forest Service exam has been released. According to the UPSC Civil Services and IFoS notification, the online application for both Civil Service and Indian Forest service (prelims) exam has been released on 19th February 2019 and the registration process will go on till 18th March 2019. The Preliminary exam will be conducted on 2nd June 2019. The Mains exam of UPSC Civil Services will be conducted in the month of September and the Indian Forest Service exam will be conducted in December.
Civil Services Exam Important Dates
UPSC Civil services and IFoS important dates are tabulated below.
|UPSC Civil Services Exam Notification Release||19 th February 2019|
|UPSC Civil Services Exam Starting of application||19.2.2019|
|UPSC Civil Services Exam Closing of application||18.3.2019 till 6:00 PM|
|UPSC Civil Services Exam Fee Submission (Online)||18.3.2019 till 6:00 PM|
|Pay by Cash at SBI (Offline)||17.3.2019 till 11:59 PM|
|Civil Services Mains Exam||20.09.2019|
|IFoS Main Exam||1.12.2019|
Civil Services Exam Eligibility Criteria 2019
UPSC Civil Services and Indian Forest Service 2019 eligibility criteria has been duly mentioned below in terms of educational qualification, nationality and age limit.
All candidates applying for the exams must fulfill the eligibility criterion listed out by the commission. The eligibility criterion in terms of nationality is as follows.
- For the posts of IAS, IFS, IPS a candidate must be a citizen of India.
- For other services, a candidate must be either a
- Citizen of the Indian origin (or)
- A subject of either Nepal or Bhutan (or)
- Tibetan refugee who came to India before January 1st 1962 (or) for permanently settling in India
- A person originally of Indian origin but has migrated with an intention of permanently settling in India from countries like Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, East African countries like Uganda, Kenya, Ethiopia, United Republic of Tanzania, Zaire Malawi, Zambia, Vietnam.
Candidates belonging to the b, c and d categories must obtain a ‘Certificate of Eligibility’ from the Government of India failing which they will not be given the appointment offer.
Minimum Educational Qualification
UPSC Civil Service Exam 2019
The commission states that to be eligible as a prospective candidate for the Civil Service exam, a candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree certificate in any stream from a recognized Institute or University incorporated by an act of Central/ State legislature in India or educational institution established by an act of Parliament or deemed university as per section 3 of UGC Act 1956 or possess any other equivalent qualification.
Indian Forest Service Exam 2019
To be eligible as a prospective candidate of the Indian Forest Service Exam 2019, a candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following subject/discipline –
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
- Candidates who are in their final year or are awaiting their results are also eligible to apply for the preliminary exam of both the Civil Service and Indian Forest Service exam. But they need to present the proof of their passing results with the Mains exam application failing which they would not be allowed to appear for the Mains. The passing certificate should have obtained before the date of closing the DAF.
- Candidates who possess any sort of recognized Professional or Technical course certificate are also considered eligible.
- There may be exceptional cases, in which the UPSC will allow candidates without their passing certificates to appear for the Mains exam provided that they possess/cleared the examinations conducted by any other recognized Institute/University whose standard is considered to be at par by the commission.
Civil Services Exam Age Limit 2019
The commission states that a candidate must be aged between 21 years and 32 years as of 1st August 2019. He/she must not have been born prior to 2nd August 1987 and not after 1st August 1998. The commission has allowed relaxation in the upper age limit to certain reserved category candidates which is as mentioned below.
|Category||Upper age limit relaxation (in years)|
|SC/ST||Up to 5 years maximum|
|OBC||Up to 3 years maximum|
|Defense services personnel who have been disabled during any operation involving any kind of hostility with a foreign country or any such area of disturbance||Up to 3 years maximum|
|Ex-Servicemen||Up to 5 years maximum|
|Candidates who have – low vision & blindness, locomotor disability, hearing impaired, autism, mental illness etc.||Up to 10 years maximum|
|Candidates domiciled in J & K between 1 st Jan 1980 and 31 December 1989||Up to 5 years maximum|
- Cumulative age relaxation is applicable for candidates of SC/ ST/ OBC covered under Ex-Servicemen, etc.
- Candidates who belong to the SC, ST and OBC category, who also fall under the Ex-Servicemen category, J&K domiciled, Persons with benchmark disabilities etc. category will be eligible for cumulative age relaxation of both categories taken combined.
Number Of Attempts
The number of attempts that each candidate gets for appearing in the UPSC Civil Services exam varies from category to category. The maximum number of attempts for each category is mentioned below.
- A candidate belonging to the General category will get 6 attempts
- Candidates belonging to the SC/ST category will have no restriction on number of attempts
- Candidates who belong to the OBC category will get 9 attempts
- Candidates who have some benchmark disability belonging to all other categories except the General category shall get the exact same amount of attempts as all normal candidates in that respective category. However, candidates with benchmark disability belonging to the General category shall get 9 attempts.
- If a person appears in Preliminary examination, it will be considered as an attempt.
- If he/ she appears in one paper of Preliminary exam, it is considered as an attempt.
- If applied for the exam and not appeared in the preliminary exam, the it will not be considered as an attempt.
Restrictions On Applying Civil Services Exam
Candidate appointed as an IAS/IFS based on the previous examination and continues to be a member of that service is not eligible to compete for this exam. If a candidate appointed as IAS/IFS and continued to be a member of that service after the Civil Services (P) exam, 2019 is over, he/she shall not be eligible to appear for Main exam.
If a candidate is appointed and serving as IAS/IFS based on the previous exam after the commencement of CS Main exam 2019 but before the declaration of result, he/ she must not be considered for appointment on any post or service in CS Exam 2019.
Candidate appointed and serving as IPS shall not be eligible to opt for IPS in the Civil Service Exam 2019.
Civil Services Exam Application Form 2019
The UPSC Civil Service exam and Indian Forest Service exam online application form for prelims has been released by the commission on its official website @upsconline.nic.in. Eligible candidate can submit applications online from 19th February 2019 to 18th March 2019 till 6 PM. The online application form/ Detailed application form (DAF) for the Mains exam will be released after prelim exam result. The UPSC form 2019 is filled in the below mentioned manner.
Civil Services Exam – How To Apply Online?
Candidates of UPSC Civil service and Indian Forest Service exam has to apply online on the website of UPSC. Civil Service & IFoS online application form 2019 can be filled through these 2 steps.
- Part I Registration
- Part 2 Registration
Part I Registration
- Candidates must first log in to the UPSC website @ Upsc.gov.in (or open directly UPSC application submission site @ www.upsconline.nic.in )
- Click on the ‘Apply Online’ option and then on ‘Online Application for Various examinations’
- The website will automatically direct candidates to a new page where the registration process will be carried out
- Click on ‘Online Application for Various examinations of UPSC’
- Find Civil Services (Preliminary) exam and for Civil Services and Indian Forest service Examinations Notice No. 044/2019 – CSP and 05/2019 –IFS
- Against that click on ‘Click Here for PART I’ of Registration
- Application form for CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) exam 2019 will be opened
- Enter all the necessary details such as Name as per SSC/ Matriculation, Gender, , D.O.B, Father’s Name, Mother’s name, Nationality, Marital Status, Persons with Benchmark Disability, Community, Community Certificate date, Minority status.
- Fee remission allowed or not will be shown
- Then enter Educational Qualification, Address including contact details such as address, Phone number, email etc.
- Once all the details have been successfully entered, then click on ‘Continue’
- Select Age relaxation claim and click on ‘Continue’
- Select Photo Identity Card, enter Photo Identity Card number and confirm the same
- Enter Percentage of Marks at Graduation
- Enter No. of Attempts already made in Civil Services Exam
- Select Centre for CSM (Main exam)
- Select Language medium for Paper I to V
- Select optional Subject for Paper VI and VII
- Select Yes/No for belonging to North Eastern States
- If No Select Language Paper A
- Select centre for IFoS Main exam, First Optional and Second Optional if applicable
- Click on ‘Continue’
- Preview will be shown and if you want to change information use ‘Update’ option
- Enter Captcha code and click on ‘I Agree’
- Part I will be submitted and receipt of the same will be generated, you can print the same using ‘Print Slip’ option
- You can print Part I application a well from the given option
Part II Registration
- Click on Click here for Part II Registration
- Enter Registration ID and Date of Birth, confirm random image and click on ‘Submit’
- Candidates will be directed to the payment page wherein all the candidates who are not exempted from fee payment must submit the application fee. This can be done in the following 2 ways.
- Pay in cash by generating challan/ Pay in Slip and submitting the amount in cash at the nearest SBI branch
- Pay through Net banking or through Debit/Credit card online
- Payment slip will be generated, click on ‘Continue’
- Select Exam Center and click on ‘Submit’
- Upload Photo, Signature and Photo Identity Card using choose file option and click on Upload Image
- Photo and Signature Format: JPG
- Photo Identity Card Format: PDF
- Photo Dimensions and Size: 350 width x 350 height minimum 1000 width x 1000 height maximum and Size 20 kb to 300 kb.
- Signature Dimensions and Size: 350 width x 350 height minimum 1000 width x 1000 height maximum and Size 20 kb to 300 kb.
- Photo Identity Card Size: 20 kb to 300 kb
- Check the Photo, Signature and Photo Identity Card preview and click on ‘Continue’
- Enter Photo Identity Card number and Click on I have read Declaration & Agree
- You will get a message on Screen by stating Application is submitted successfully
- View/Print your application and save it for further reference.
Candidate has to submit only single application, in case of multiple applications, UPSC consider the higher Registration ID. So Candidate has to ensure to fill complete details and pay a required fee of the higher Registration ID. Fee paid against one RID will not be adjusted to another RID.
UPSC Civil Services (IAS) and IFoS application form fee 2019 for the candidates are Rs. 100 except for the candidates of Female/ SC/ST and Persons with disability. Candidates who clear prelim and to appear for Main Exam, has to pay a fee of Rs.200/-. UPSC CS and IFoS prelim fee of different categories has been mentioned below.
|General (males)||Rs 100|
|OBC (males)||Rs 100|
Mode Of Payment
Candidate has to submit the fee either through online or offline mode. Pay in Slip should be generated during part II registration for submitting payment offline (Pay by Cash mode) by visiting the SBI branch before 17.3.2019 till 11:59 PM. Online payment can be done through internet banking of SBI or using debit/ credit card before 18.3.2019 till 6 PM.
- Candidates whose payment details are not received from the bank are treated as fictitious payments and the list of such candidates will be made available on the website with in 2 weeks of closing of registration. Those candidates will also receive a mail mentioning to submit a proof of payment at the UPSC office address. Candidates need to send a copy of the proof of payment in the given address by Speed Post or by hand within 10 days from the date of the email received or else the application shall be rejected.
- Payment once paid will not be refunded.
Documents Needed While Applying
The list of documents that needs to be kept ready while applying are
- Scanned copy of photo, signature and Photo Identity Proof such as Pan, Aadhaar, Voter Id etc.
- Educational qualification details like Graduation
- Community Certificate Issued Date