UPSC IAS 2021 Registration [Apply Online] : UPSC Civil Services 2021 Application Form will be released on 10th February 2021 at Union Public Service Commission official website @upsconline.nic.in for both Civil Services exam and Indian Forest Service exam. UPSC invites eligible candidates to apply online through its website and IAS Application Form 2021 process will commence from 10th February 2021 and the last date of registration is 2nd March 2021.
- UPSC CSE Application Form for IAS, IPS, IFoS, and Central Services must be submitted online to appear in the Prelim exam by paying Rs.100/- application fee.
- Candidates qualifying in the Prelim exam must submit DAF I to appear in the Main exam by paying Rs. 200/- application fee.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/ PWBD/ Female are exempted from fee payment at Prelim and Main stage.
- UPSC Civil Services exam notification will be released on 10th Feb 2021 and registration will start from 10th Feb and the last date of apply online is 2nd March 2021.
- UPSC Civil Services Preliminary exam will be conducted on 27th June 2021, whereas the Main exam will be conducted from 17th-22nd September 2021 (5 days) and the Indian Forest Service Main exam will be conducted from 21st November 2021 (10 days).
UPSC conducts the Civil Services exam on an annual basis to recruit prospective candidates to the Indian Administrative Service, Indian Police Service, Indian Revenue Service, Indian Postal Service, Indian Foreign Service, and other Central Services. Indian Forest Service Preliminary exam is also conducted through Civil Services (Preliminary) exam.
Check the eligibility requirement of Nationality, Age Limit, Educational Qualification along with Physical Standards as per notification to submit the UPSC CSE application form.
Civil Services Exam Important Dates
UPSC Civil services and IFoS important dates are tabulated below.
|UPSC Civil Services Event||Date|
|Notification||10th February 2021|
|Application Start Date||10.02.2021|
|Application Last Date||02.03.2021 till 6:00 PM|
|Fee Submission (Online)||02.03.2021 till 6:00 PM|
|Pay by Cash at SBI (Offline)||01.03.2021 till 11:59 PM|
|Civil Services Main Exam||17.09.2021-22.09.2021 (5 days)|
|IFoS Main Exam||21.11.2021 (10 days)|
Civil Services Exam Eligibility Criteria 2021
UPSC Civil Services and Indian Forest Service 2021 eligibility criteria have been mentioned below in terms of Nationality, Educational Qualification, and Age Limit.
Candidates applying for UPSC CSE must fulfil the eligibility criterion in terms of nationality.
- For the posts of IAS, IFS, IPS a candidate must be a citizen of India.
- For other services, a candidate must be either a
- Citizen of the Indian origin (or)
- A subject of either Nepal or Bhutan (or)
- Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 (or) for permanently settling in India (or)
- A person originally of Indian origin but has migrated with an intention of permanently settling in India from countries like Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, East African countries like Uganda, Kenya, Ethiopia, United Republic of Tanzania, Zaire Malawi, Zambia, Vietnam.
Candidates belonging to the b, c, and d categories must obtain a ‘Certificate of Eligibility’ from the Government of India failing which they will not be given the appointment offer.
Minimum Educational Qualification
UPSC Civil Service Exam 2021
The commission states that to be eligible as a prospective candidate for the Civil Service exam, a candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree certificate in any stream from a recognized Institute or University incorporated by an act of Central/ State legislature in India or educational institution established by an act of Parliament or deemed university as per section 3 of UGC Act 1956 or possess any other equivalent qualification.
Indian Forest Service Exam 2021
To be eligible as a prospective candidate of the Indian Forest Service Exam 2021, a candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following subject/discipline,
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
- Candidates who are in their final year (or) awaiting their results are also eligible to apply for the preliminary exam of both the Civil Service and Indian Forest Service exam. But they need to present the proof of their passing results during Main exam application form submission failing which they would not be allowed to appear for the Main exam. The passing certificate should have obtained before the date of closing the DAF I.
- Candidates who possess any sort of recognized Professional or Technical course certificate are also considered eligible.
- There may be exceptional cases, in which the UPSC will allow candidates without their passing certificates to appear for the Main exam provided that they possess/cleared the examinations conducted by any other recognized Institute/University whose standard is considered to be at par by the commission.
Civil Services Exam Age Limit 2021
The commission states that a candidate must be aged between 21 years and 32 years as of 1st August 2021. He/she must not have been born prior to 2nd August 1989 and not after 1st August 2000. The commission has allowed relaxation in the upper age limit to certain reserved category candidates which is mentioned below.
|Category||Upper age limit relaxation (in years)|
|SC/ST||Up to 5 years maximum|
|OBC||Up to 3 years maximum|
|Defense services personnel who have been disabled during any operation involving any kind of hostility with a foreign country or any such area of disturbance||Up to 3 years maximum|
|Ex-Servicemen||Up to 5 years maximum|
|Candidates who have – low vision & blindness, locomotor disability, hearing impaired, autism, mental illness etc.||Up to 10 years maximum|
|Candidates domiciled in J & K between 1 st Jan 1980 and 31 December 1989||Up to 5 years maximum|
- Cumulative age relaxation is applicable for candidates of SC/ ST/ OBC covered under Ex-Servicemen, etc.
- Candidates who belong to the SC, ST, and OBC category, who also fall under the Ex-Servicemen category, J&K domiciled, Persons with benchmark disabilities, etc. category will be eligible for cumulative age relaxation of both categories taken combined.
Number Of Attempts
The number of attempts that each candidate gets for appearing in the UPSC Civil Services exam varies from category to category. The maximum number of attempts for each category is mentioned below.
- A candidate belonging to the General category will get 6 attempts
- Candidates belonging to the SC/ST category will have no restriction on the number of attempts
- Candidates who belong to the OBC category will get 9 attempts
- Candidates who have some benchmark disability belonging to all other categories except the General category shall get the exact number of attempts as all normal candidates in that respective category. However, candidates with benchmark disability belonging to the General category shall get 9 attempts.
- If a person appears in a Preliminary examination, it will be considered an attempt.
- If he/ she appears in one paper of the Preliminary exam, it is considered an attempt.
- If applied for the exam and not appeared in the preliminary exam, then it will not be considered as an attempt.
Restrictions On Applying For Civil Services Exam
The candidate appointed as an IAS/IFS based on the previous examination and continues to be a member of that service is not eligible to compete for this exam. If a candidate appointed as IAS/IFS and continued to be a member of that service after the Civil Services (P) exam, 2021 is over, he/she shall not be eligible to appear for the Main exam.
If a candidate is appointed and serving as IAS/IFS based on the previous exam after the commencement of CS Main exam 2021 but before the declaration of result, he/ she must not be considered for appointment on any post or service in CS Exam 2021.
The candidate appointed and serving as IPS shall not be eligible to opt for IPS in the Civil Service Exam 2021.
Civil Services Exam Application Form 2021
The UPSC Civil Service exam and Indian Forest Service exam online application form for the Prelim exam will be released by the commission on its official website @upsconline.nic.in. Eligible candidates can submit applications online from 10th February 2021 to 3rd March 2021 till 6 PM. The online application form/ Detailed application form (DAF I) for the Mains exam will be released after the Prelim exam result. The UPSC CSE Online Form 2021 is filled in a below-mentioned manner.
Civil Services Exam – How To Apply Online?
Candidates of UPSC Civil Services and Indian Forest Service exam have to apply online on the website of UPSC. Civil Service & IFoS online application form 2021 can be filled through these 2 steps.
- Part I Registration
- Part 2 Registration
Part I Registration
- Candidates must first log in to the UPSC website @ Upsc.gov.in (or open directly UPSC application submission site @ www.upsconline.nic.in )
- Click on the ‘Apply Online’ option and then on the ‘Online Application for Various examinations’
- The website will automatically direct candidates to a new page where the registration process will be carried out
- Click on ‘Online Application for Various examinations of UPSC’
- Find Civil Services (Preliminary) exam and for Civil Services and Indian Forest Service Examinations Notice No. 044/2021 – CSP and 05/2021 –IFS
- Against that click on ‘Click Here for PART I’ of Registration
- Application form for CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) exam 2021 will be opened
- Enter all the necessary details such as Name as per SSC/ Matriculation, Gender, D.O.B, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Nationality, Marital Status, Persons with Benchmark Disability, Community, Community Certificate date, Minority status.
- Fee remission allowed or not will be shown
- Then enter Educational Qualification, Address including contact details such as an address, Phone number, email, etc.
- Once all the details have been successfully entered, then click on ‘Continue’
- Select Age relaxation claim and click on ‘Continue’
- Select the Photo Identity Card, enter the Photo Identity Card number and confirm the same
- Enter Percentage of Marks at Graduation
- Enter No. of Attempts already made in Civil Services Exam
- Select Centre for CSM (Main exam)
- Select Language medium for Paper I to V
- Select optional Subject for Paper VI and VII
- Select Yes/No for belonging to the North Eastern States
- If No Select Language Paper A
- Select center for IFoS Main exam, First Optional, and Second Optional if applicable
- Click on ‘Continue’
- Preview will be shown and if you want to change information use ‘Update’ option
- Enter Captcha code and click on ‘I Agree’
- Part I will be submitted and receipt of the same will be generated, you can print the same using ‘Print Slip’ option
- You can print the Part I application form from the given option.
- Click on ‘Click here for Part II Registration’
- Enter Registration ID and Date of Birth, confirm random image and click on ‘Submit’
- Candidates will be directed to the payment page wherein all the candidates who are not exempted from fee payment must submit the application fee. This can be done in the following 2 ways.
- Pay in cash by generating challan/ Pay in Slip and submitting the amount in cash at the nearest SBI branch
- Pay through Net banking or through Debit/Credit card online
- Payment slip will be generated, click on ‘Continue’
- Select Exam Center and click on ‘Submit’
- Upload Photo, Signature and Photo Identity Card using choose file option and click on Upload Image
- Photo and Signature Format: JPG
- Photo Identity Card Format: PDF
- Photo Dimensions and Size: 350 width x 350 height minimum 1000 width x 1000 height maximum and Size 20 kb to 300 kb.
- Signature Dimensions and Size: 350 width x 350 height minimum 1000 width x 1000 height maximum and Size 20 kb to 300 kb.
- Photo Identity Card Size: 20 kb to 300 kb
- Check the Photo, Signature, and Photo Identity Card preview and click on ‘Continue’
- Enter Photo Identity Card number and Click on I have read Declaration & Agree
- You will get a message on Screen by stating Application is submitted successfully
- View/Print your application and save it for further reference.
Candidate has to submit only a single application, in case of multiple applications, UPSC considers the higher Registration ID. So Candidate has to ensure to fill complete details and pay a required fee of the higher Registration ID. The fee paid against one RID will not be adjusted to another RID.
UPSC Civil Services (IAS) and IFoS application form fee 2021 for the candidates are Rs. 100 and candidates of Female/ SC/ST and Persons with disabilities are exempted from fee payment. Candidates who clear Prelim and appear for Main Exam have to pay a fee of Rs.200/-. UPSC CS and IFoS prelim fees for different categories are mentioned below.
|General (males)||Rs 100|
|OBC (males)||Rs 100|
Mode Of Payment
Candidate has to submit the fee either through online or offline mode. Pay in Slip should be generated during part II registration for submitting payment offline (Pay by Cash mode) by visiting the SBI branch before 01.03.2021 till 11:59 PM. Online payment can be done through internet banking of SBI or using debit/ credit card before 02.03.2021 till 6 PM.
- Candidates whose payment details are not received from the bank are treated as fictitious payments and the list of such candidates will be made available on the website within 2 weeks of the closing of registration. Those candidates will also receive a mail mentioning to submit a proof of payment at the UPSC office address. Candidates need to send a copy of the proof of payment in the given address by Speed Post or by hand within 10 days from the date of the email received or else the application shall be rejected.
- Payment once paid will not be refunded.
Documents Needed While Applying
The list of documents that need to be kept ready while applying is,
- Scanned copy of the photo, signature, and Photo Identity Proof such as PAN Card, Passport, Aadhaar, Voter Id, DL, Photo ID issued by State/ Central Govt. etc.
- Educational qualification details like Graduation
- Community Certificate Issued Date
UPSC Civil Services Main DAF 2021
Candidates qualifying in UPSC Civil Services Prelim exam are required to submit Detailed Application Form I along with Fee to appear in the Main examination.
How To Fill UPSC Main Exam Application Form?
Step 1: Online Registration
- Visit UPSC website
- Click on UPSC Civil Services Main Exam 2021 Link
- Enter Roll Number, Name, DOB, Mobile Number, Email Address, reenter email address and enter alternate email address
- Enter the captcha and click on ‘Submit’
- The message will be displayed showing your Name and Email ID on which password will be sent.
Step 2: Fill DAF I
- Use Roll number and password to log in
- Enter Personal, educational, parental and employment details
- There will be 6 modules, fill and save the details before final submission
- Changes are not allowed after the final submission, hence fill the DAF I carefully and edit required changes before final submission
- Some details are auto-filled from Prelim application, these are not changes, in case of any error make representation to the UPSC for change
Step 3: Upload Documents
- Age Proof
- Educational Qualification
- Caste/ Community/ PH Certificate if applicable
- Photo ID Proof
Step 4: Fee Payment
- Submit the fee either online/ offline
- For offline payment, generate the SBI challan and submit the fee at the nearest SBI Branch the next day
- For online payment, pay using debit/ credit card/ net banking
- Take the printout of DAF I after fee submission
How To Fill DAF II?
- Candidates qualifying in the UPSC Civil Services Main exam are required to fill Detailed Application Form II before Personality Test/ Interview.
- Candidates are mandatorily chosen order of service preference and candidates opting for IAS/ IPS must further indicate the order of preference of Zones/Cadres.
- Upload documents of higher education, achievement certificates, service experience, OBC/ EWS Annexure if applicable.
Documents Required For DAF I and DAF II
For DAF I
A scanned copy of the following certificates is required for DAF I.
- Class 10th Mark sheet
- Class 12th Mark sheet
- Graduation Mark sheet
- Community/ Caste Certificate if applicable
- Medical Certificate if applicable
For DAF II
A scanned copy of the following certificates is required for DAF II.
- Higher Education Certificates
- Achievement Certificates
- Service Experience Certificate
- OBC/ EWS Annexure if applicable
UPSC Civil Services Eligibility & Application Form 2021 FAQs?
Q. What is the application fee for the UPSC Civil Services exam?
A. Candidates have to pay Rs. 100/- towards UPSC Civil Services Prelim application fee, Rs. 200/- for the Main exam application fee, whereas candidates belonging to SC/ST/Female and Persons with Benchmark Disabilities are exempted from payment of a fee.
Q. Is there a separate application form for UPSC CS Main Exam and Personality Test?
A. Yes, Candidates have to fill and submit Detailed Application Form I (DAF I) before the Main exam and DAF II before the Personality test.
Q. What is the age limit for UPSC Civil Services examination?
A. Candidates must have a minimum age of 21 years and should not be more than 32 years of age as on 1st August 2021.
Q. How many attempts are there for General Candidates in UPSC Civil Services exam?
A. General Category candidates will have 6 attempts in the UPSC CS exam.
Q. How many attempts are there for OBC/SC/ST Candidates in UPSC Civil Services exam?
A. Candidates belonging to OBC Non-Creamy Layer will have 9 attempts whereas SC/ST candidates have no restriction on the number of attempts.
Q. What is the last date to submit the UPSC CSE application form?
A. UPSC Civil Services Application Form the last date of registration is 2nd March 2021.
Q. What is the last date of offline payment for the UPSC CS exam?
A. Candidates can submit fees offline at the nearest SBI branch by generating Challan on or before 1st March 2021.