UPSC Civil Services 2020 [IFS, IAS, IPS] Notification – Application Form, Apply Online : UPSC Civil services & Indian Forest Service (IFoS) 2020 official notification has been released by Union Public Service Commission for conducting Civil Services and IFoS examination for the year 2020.
As per Official notifications of UPSC civil services & IFoS, there will be a total of 896 vacancies of IAS, IPS and other central services like IRS, IFS, IRTS etc. and 90 vacancies of IFoS.
- Age Limit
- Education Qualification
- Application Fee
- Application Form
- Apply Online
- Exam Dates
- Exam Pattern
- Admit Card
- Cut Off
- Preparation Tips
- Important Books
- Reference Books
By reading this article, you can know about the details of UPSC Civil Services 2020 & Indian Forest Service (IFoS) 2020 examination including notification release, Eligibility, Application form, Fee & mode of payment, Exam pattern, Syllabus, Exam dates, Admit Cards, Result, Cut off etc.
About Civil Services Exam
Civil Services exam is the most prestigious and one of the toughest exams in India. Every year, thousands of candidates dream of passing Civil Services exam but only few, through their hard work and dedication clear this exam. By clearing this exam, one can become IAS, IPS, IFS or can join other available administrative post of Central Government.
Civil Services examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission on annual basis. UPSC civil services selection process includes a Preliminary examination, Main examination followed by a Personal Interview. To get selected in UPSC Civil Services Examination, a candidate will have to qualify all the 3 stages of examination.
Like Civil Services Examination, UPSC also conduct Indian Forest Service examination for recruitment to Forest Service of India. This examination is for those candidates who want to become an Indian Forest Service Officer.
UPSC Indian Forest Service selection process consists of a Prelim exam, Main exam and a Personal Interview. Candidates have to qualify all the three stages to become an Indian Forest Service Officer.
UPSC 2020 Civil Services & IFoS Notification
UPSC has released Civil services and IFoS 2020 Official Notification on 19th February 2020 to fill the All India Services and Central Services vacancies of around 896 and 90 respectively for the year 2020. The Official Notification can be downloaded from below.
Quick Look Of UPSC Civil Services 2020
|Exam Conducted by||UPSC|
|Exam Name||Civil Services Examination|
|Official Notification||Feb 19, 2020|
|Application Start Date||Feb 19, 2020|
|Application Last Date||March 18, 2020|
|Last date for payment of fee by cash at SBI branch||March 17, 2020
|Last date for payment of fee online through Debit / credit card or internet banking||March 18, 2020 till 18:00 hours
|Prelim Admit Card||3 weeks before the commencement of the examination/ May 2020|
|Prelim Exam Date||June 02, 2020|
|Prelim Result||2nd week of July 2020|
|Main Admit Card||September 2020|
|Main Exam||20.09.2020 ( 5 days)|
|Main Result||3rd Week of December 2020|
|Personal Interview e call letter||2nd Week of January 2020|
|Personal Interview||2nd Week of February 2020|
|Final Result||Last Week of April 2020|
- Civil Services Exam 2020 Application Form
- UPSC Civil Services Admit Card 2020
- UPSC Civil Services Results 2020
Quick Look Of UPSC IFoS 2020
|Exam Conducted by||UPSC|
|Exam Name||Indian Forest Service Examination 2020|
|Official Notification||Feb 19, 2020|
|No. of vacancies||90 [approximately]|
|Application Start Date||Feb 19, 2020|
|Application Last Date||March 18, 2020|
|Last date for payment of fee by cash at SBI branch||March 17, 2020|
|Last date for payment of fee online through Debit / credit card or internet banking||March 18, 2020 till 18:00 hours|
|Prelim Admit Card will be available to download from||3 weeks before the commencement of the examination|
|Prelim Exam Date||June 02, 2020|
|Prelim Result||2nd Week of July 2020|
|Online detailed application form – I [DAF-I] will be available in||July 2020|
|Main Admit Card||2nd Week of November 2020|
|Main Exam||December 1, 2020|
|Main Result||1st Week of Jan 2020|
|Online detailed application form – II [DAF-II] will be available from||-|
|Personal Interview e call letter||1st Week of Jan 2020|
|Personal Interview||Last Week of Jan 2020|
|Final Result||1st Week of Feb 2020|
UPSC 2020 Civil Services Eligibility Criteria
Detailed UPSC Civil services 2020 exam eligibility criterion is given in the official notification. A candidate should fulfil the eligibility criterion to appear in the in the examination.
- A candidate must be Citizen of India to be appointed as IAS, IPS or IFS.
- For other services, he/ she can be,
(a) Citizen of India
(b) Subject of Nepal/ Bhutan
(c) Tibetan refugee
(d) PIO migrated to India.
Subject to (b), (c), (d) are not eligible to be appointed to Indian Foreign Service.
UPSC Civil Services 2020 Age Limit
A candidate should be of minimum 21 years old to appear for the preliminary exam and should have not attained 32 years of age as on 1st August 2020. The upper age limit is relaxable as follows.
Upper Age Limit and Number Of Attempts
- A General category candidate can give 6 attempts up to the age of 32 years.
- An OBC category student can give 9 attempts up to the age of 35 years.
- An ST/SC category student can give unlimited number of attempts up to the age of 37 years.
- A citizen of Jammu and Kashmir has same criteria as that of ST/SC candidate.
- Defence personnel who got disabled in war or operation or visit to foreign countries or deadly area can give an unlimited attempt up to the age of 35 years.
- Ex-serviceman can give unlimited attempts till the age of 37 years.
- Physically handicapped and disabled person can give 9 attempts till the age of 42 years.
Note – ST/SC and OBC category candidates can get the benefit of cumulative age. For example- if a person is OBC and ex-serviceman, he gets extension up to 12 years more to sit for the exam.
UPSC Civil Services 2020 Education Qualification
A candidate should have a degree from any university incorporated by State or Central legislation or institutions enacted by an act of Parliament or deemed university under sec 3 of UGC Act 1956 or should possess an equivalent qualification.
A final year students can also appear in the preliminary examination subject to producing result certificate before main examination failing which the candidate will not be allowed to appear in the main examination.
Restriction To Apply For UPSC 2020 Civil Services
A person appointed to serve as IAS, IFS on the result of previous examination and continue to be a member of services cannot apply for the examination.
He/ She must be physically fit for admission to the civil services. Physical Standards has been given in Rules for examination Annexure III published in Indian gazette. Click here to check the physical Standard and medical related information for admission to civil Services.
Height and Chest Girth
Height and chest girth for certain services as follows.
|IRTS||Men||152 cm||84 cm||5 cm|
|Women||150 cm||79 cm||5 cm|
Other Central Police services Group A & B
|Men||165 cm||84 cm||5 cm|
|Women||150 cm||79 cm||5 cm|
Note : Relaxation for Certain categories for the post of IPS and RPF Group A and Other Central police services of Group A & B. Categories of Scheduled Tribes and races such as Gorkhas, Nagaland, Assamese, Kumaonis are having relaxation as per below.
- Men -160 cm
- Women- 145 cm
UPSC IFoS 2020 Eligibility Conditions
UPSC Indian Forest Service eligibility conditions such as Nationality, Educational Qualification, age limit and Physical Standards is given below.
Applicant must be an Indian citizen or a subject of Bhutan / Nepal. Tibetan refugees who are living in India since Jan 01, 1962 can also apply for UPSC IFoS 2020. But candidates other than Indian citizens are required to produce a certificate of eligibility issued by the GoI at the time of appointment.
UPSC IFS Age Limit 2020
As on 01 Aug 2020, a candidate should have completed 21 years of age but not have attained an age of 32 years. In other words, a candidate should be born between 02 Aug 1987 to 01 Aug 1998. However, the before-said upper age limit will be relaxable as follows fo certain categories.
|Category||Relaxation in upper age limit||Number of Attempts|
|SC / ST||Up to 5 years||Not Applicable|
|OBC||Up to 3 years||9|
|Ex-servicemen||Up to 5 years||-|
|PwBD||Up to 10 years||-|
Minimum Educational Qualifications
The candidate should have a bachelor’s degree with at least any of the following subjects
- Statistics and Zoology
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
Candidates having a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Forestry or Agriculture are also eligible to apply for UPSC IFoS 2020.
He/ She must be physically fit for admission to Indian Forest Service Examination, 2020. Physical Standards has been given in Rules for examination Annexure III published in Indian gazette. Click here to check the physical Standard and medical standards related information for admission to Indian Forest Service Examination, 2020.
UPSC Civil Services & IFoS 2020 Application Fee
A candidate must pay Rs. 100/- as application fee either online or offline before due date for Civil Services and IFoS exam. A candidate belonging to SC/ST/PH along with Female candidates are exempted from payment of fee. However OBC candidates have to pay payment in full.
Payment can be done using Credit/ debit card or Net banking if paying online. If paying offline, candidate has to generate Payment Slip after Registration Part II and has to make payment at any SBI branch or any other branches prescribed in the notification before due date.
- The last date for payment of fee by cash is March 17, 2020
- The last date for payment of fee through debit / credit card or internet banking is March 18, 2020 till 18:00 hours
Note – Candidates shortlisted for main examination will be required to pay a further amount of Rs. 200/- towards fee.
UPSC 2020 Civil Services & IFoS Application Form
UPSC Civil Services & Indian Forest Service 2020 Online Application form is available on the website of UPSC. Interested candidates have to submit online application before the last date of application i.e., March 18, 2020. A candidate must submit only one online application form, if under unavoidable situation, multiple applications are submitted, the application with highest Registration ID will be considered as valid and will be considered for issuing admit card. Fee of one application form will not be adjusted to the other in case of multiple applications.
UPSC Civil Services & IFoS Apply Online?
UPSC Civil Services 2020 OR IFoS 2020 Detailed process of filling Online Application form has been given below.
- Log in to UPSC official website
- If you want to apply for IFoS then click on link ‘Indian Forest Service (Preliminary) Examination, 2020 through CS (P) Examination 2020’ available under ‘Active Examinations’ sub-section
- But if you want to apply for UPSC civil services then click on link ‘Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2020’ available under same ‘Active Examinations’ sub-section
- Download and read complete notification and go back to home page
- Click on Apply Online button
- Click on Online Application for various Examinations of UPSC
- You will be directed to upsconline.nic.in
PART I Registration
- Click on link ‘Click here for PART I registration’ available against notice number ‘04/2020-CSP 05/2020-IFS’
- Read all the important instructions to fill Online Application Form then click on tab ‘Yes’
- Click on part I registration
- Enter details like Name, Gender, DOB, Fathers Name, Mothers Name, Nationality, Marital Status, PH Category, Community, Minority Status, Fee Remission Claimed
- Select your Educational qualification then subject you have studied in degree
- Select examination you like to be considered
- Enter your address with PIN code
- Enter your mobile number
- Enter and confirm your email ID
- Then click on tab ‘Continue’
- Now, select option ‘Yes’ if you want to claim age relaxation otherwise select ‘No’
- Select any Photo ID
- Enter and confirm Photo ID number
- Enter your percentage at the graduation level
- Enter number of attempts you have already made in examination
- Select other details such as center for examination, language medium for examination etc.
- Then click on tab ‘Continue’
- Verify your application details then enter captcha
- Click on tab ‘I Agree’
- Now, your Part I registration is completed; you will receive Registration ID on your registered mobile number and email
- Don’t forget to print slip by clicking on tab ‘Print Slip’
Part – II Registration
- Now, click on tab ‘Click here for Part-II Registration’
- Enter your ‘Registration ID’ then select date of birth
- Enter captcha code as shown in the image
- Then click on tab ‘Submit’
- Select any payment option (if you are eligible for payment of fee) then proceed further to make payment online; you can also pay offline by submitting at any SBI branch
- Select exam centre for Prelim exam
- Upload Photo and signature then click on submit tab
- Read and accept declaration
- Print final submitted application form and keep it safe for future reference
Note : For Any Clarification on application, candidature applicants can contact facilitation counter of UPSC near Gate C of UPSC campus. A candidate can also contact UPSC facilitation counter over phone between 10am – 5pm on all working days.
Tel No :- 011-23385271/ 011-23098543/ 011-23381125
UPSC Civil Services & IFoS 2020 Exam Dates
- UPSC Civil Services and IFoS Preliminary exam will be conducted offline on 2nd June 2020.
- UPSC Civil Services Main exams will be conducted from 20.09.2020 for 5 days.
- UPSC IFoS Main exams will be conducted from 01.12.2020 for 10 days.
UPSC 2020 Civil Services Exam Pattern
UPSC Civil Services exam pattern include a 3 stage examination. The first stage is Preliminary exam which is conducted on 2nd June for the year 2020. Second stage is a Main examination which is conducted from 20th September 2020 for 5 days and finally Interview or Personality Test. Final result will be declared by UPSC in the year 2020.
The marks scored by candidates in mains and interviews are taken into consideration for declaring all over India rank. The competition level in this exam is quite high because candidates from all over India appear in UPSC Civil Services exam 2020. Only hard work and smart approach towards study can make them pass with flying colors.
UPSC Civil Services detailed examination pattern is tabulated below.
|I. Preliminary||Paper I - GS paper||100||200||2||(Cutoff Considered for Promoting to Main exam )
|Paper II - Aptitude Test||80||200||2||(Qualifying- Minimum 33%)|
|Paper A – Indian language||-||300||3||Qualifying|
|Paper B – English paper||-||300||3||Qualifying|
|(For Merit)||(For Merit)
|Paper I – Essay||2||250||3|
|Paper II – GS I||20||250||3|
|Paper III – GS II||20||250||3|
|Paper IV- GS III||-||250||3|
|Paper V – GS IV||-||250||3|
|Paper VI- Optional Subject Paper I||-||250||3|
|Paper VII- Optional Subject paper II||250||3|
|III. Personality test||-||-||275||-|
Note – Above mentioned preliminary examination pattern will be common for both Civil Services examination and Indian Forest Services Examination. Candidates who apply for IFoS exam will have to go through and qualify Civil Services Preliminary examination to be selected for Indian Forest Service Main examination consist of written examination and interview. Indian Forest Service Main examination pattern is given below separately.
It is expected that more than 4 lakh candidates will appear for UPSC Civil Services Preliminary examination 2020 out of which nearly 896 candidates will be selected for Indian Civil Services / posts. It is country’s toughest exam because of huge competition, intense syllabus and exam duration.
Preliminary exam has two parts – General Studies Paper and CSAT. Exam is objective in nature, to clear preliminary exam you need to cross cutoff marks in GS paper I of preliminary exam and should secure minimum qualifying marks of 33% in Paper II/ CSAT paper (Civil services Aptitude Test). There will be negative marking of 1/3rd marks allotted for every wrong answer in both the papers of preliminary examination.
Main exam consists of 9 papers out of which two are optional and descriptive based. Qualifying papers are 2, English and regional Indian language papers. Essay paper, 4 general studies papers and 2-optional papers score will be considered for merit along with score from Interview / Personality test.
UPSC Indian Forest Service Main Examination Pattern
Candidates who qualify preliminary (IFoS Preliminary Examination) will be called to appear for main examination. UPSC Indian Forest Service Main Examination will consist of written examination and an interview test.
Candidates who score minimum qualifying marks in the written examination will be called for an Interview of 300 marks. Final ranking of a candidate will depend on marks obtained by him / her in the main examination i.e. written examination and interview.
|UPSC Indian Forest Service Main Examination Pattern|
|III||Aspirant will have to select any 2 subjects from below given list of optional subjects; each subject will have 2 papers and 200 marks will be allotted for each paper|
|Interview / Personality test||300|
List of optional subjects [Select any 2]
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Agricultural Engineering
However, candidates are not allowed to select the following subjects together
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Chemistry & Chemical Engg.
- Agriculture & Forestry
- Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Agriculture and Agricultural Engg.
Main Examination instructions
|Type of question papers||Conventional [essay] type|
|Language of questions papers||English|
|Language in which answers to be written||English only|
|Duration of each of the papers||3 hours|
|Qualifying marks||To be fixed by the commission|
UPSC 2020 Civil Services Syllabus
UPSC Civil Services exam is the toughest exam all over the world. If you are planning to appear for this exam, it is important to know the UPSC Civil Services syllabus of the written exam (Prelim and Main).
Preliminary Exam [Common for both IFoS & Civil Services]
Prelim General Studies Paper – 1
- Current affairs– This subject consists of current affairs of national and international importance.
- History– In this subject, you study about history of India and Indian national movement.
- Geography– In this subject you study about geography of India and world. Geographic subject includes social, economic and political geography.
- Environment– In this subject you know about biodiversity, ecology and issues related to environment.
- Indian polity and governance– This includes constitution of India, panchayat system and country’s political system.
- Economics– Under this subject you study about social programs, poverty, market condition, sustainable development etc.
- General science
Preliminary Paper – 2 (CSAT)
- Problem solving and decision making
- General mental ability
- Analytical and logical reasoning
- Data interpretation
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills etc.
Syllabus For UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam
Mains exam and interview decides your ranking. Main exam consists of 1750 marks and interview consists of 275 marks. Mains include 9 papers, among which marks scored in 7 papers is counted for ranking. You need to score qualifying marks in rest two papers i.e. English and regional language paper. The qualifying mark is decided by UPSC for every year. Candidates of north eastern state need to give only English exam and no need to write Indian language paper.
UPSC Civil Services Paper A
Candidates need to select only one Indian language that is mentioned in 8th schedule of the constitution. North eastern candidates are exempted from this paper.
UPSC Civil Services Paper B
This paper includes English only.
Final Ranking Papers
- Paper 1 is essay of total marks of 250
- Paper 2 is GS-1. Syllabus includes Indian heritage and culture, world’s history and geography.
- Paper 3 is GS-2 and syllabus are- constitution, economy, international relation and polity, social justice
- Paper 4 is GS-3 and syllabus is technology and economic development, disaster management and security and environment and biodiversity.
- Paper 5 is GS-4 and syllabus is Aptitude, integrity and Ethics.
- Paper 6 – Optional paper 1
- Paper 7- Optional paper 2
- To know complete syllabus of UPSC Civil services examination, please go through UPSC Civil Services official notification or click here
- To know complete syllabus of UPSC Indian Forest Services Examination, please go through UPSC IFoS official notification or click here
UPSC Civil Services & IFoS Admit Card 2020
UPSC will release Civil Services and IFoS admit card of applicants who have successfully submitted their online application by paying required fee, otherwise exempted. Admit cards for both UPSC 2020 Civil Services & IFoS [Preliminary examination] will be available on official website of UPSC before 3 weeks before the commencement of examination. Candidates of both Civil Services and IFoS can expect Prelim admit card in the month of May 2020.
How To Download UPSC Admit Card?
- Log on to UPSC official website or click here
- Click on Admit Cards button in the right side bar
- Click on E admit cards of Various UPSC examinations link
- Find Civil services/ IFoS 2020 admit card and click on Click here option
- Enter required details like application ID/ Reg. No and DOB and submit
- View/ Download/ Print admit card
UPSC Civil Services & IFoS Result 2020
UPSC will conduct a common preliminary examination for both civil and Indian Forest services on June 02, 2020. After conducting the examination successfully, UPSC will declare civil services preliminary exam result within 40 to 50 days from the date of preliminary exam. Once results are announced, candidates can check their result through UPSC’s official website. Civil Services Main result of Civil Services will be released after 60-70 days of Main examination.
How To Check UPSC Result?
- Log on to UPSC website
- Find and Click on Written results
- Find Civil Services Examination/ Indian Forest Service Exam (Pre/ Main/ Interview) Result and click on Pdf file to download
- Check your roll number among the given list
DAF and Other Details
A person who has qualified in preliminary examination should submit DAF form (Detailed Application Form) before last date to appear in the Main examination. A separate hall ticket is required to attend Main examination and e call letter to attend personal interview.
Cut off marks of UPSC Civil Services & IFoS Preliminary/ Main and personal interview of previous year and expected cut off of 2019 and 2020 is given below.
UPSC Cut Off 2020
After announcing final results of Civil services and Indian Forest Service Examinations, UPSC will release cutoff / minimum qualifying marks.
Civil Services Year wise Cut Off
UPSC 2020 Cut Off [Expected]
UPSC 2018 Cut Off [Expected]
UPSC 2017 Cut Off
UPSC 2016 Cut Off
Indian Forest Service Year wise Cut Off
UPSC IFS 2020 [Expected]
|Main [Marks out of 1700]||914||868||808||825||797||703|
|Prelim through CS(P)|
UPSC IFS 2018 Cut Off
|Main [Marks out of 1700]||904||858||798||815||787||693|
|Prelim through CS(P)|
UPSC IFS 2017 Cut Off
|Main [Marks out of 1700]||889||836||800||807||861||680|
|Prelim through CS(P)||121.34||119.34||106||105.34||77.34||43.34|
UPSC IFS 2016 Cut Off
|Main [Marks out of 1700]||841||781||742||764||715||649|
|Prelim through CS(P)||133.34||130.66||118||117.34||47.34||56|
Salary Offered To IAS Officer
When you become IAS officer, you are not only eligible for high salary but also get the opportunity to serve the nation. The basic pay of junior level IAS officer is INR 51600 along with this you get government accommodation and vehicle. The Salary of officer increases every year. A cabinet secretary receives a basic pay of 250000. Apart from basic salary, officers are also entitled to other allowances.
Preparation Tips To Clear UPSC Exam 2020
- Candidates should adopt proper strategy to study. Hard work plus smart work along with consistency is all you need to clear the exam.
- You can also join coaching classes or take online classes for your preparation. Coaching is not necessary as these days there are multiple online resources covering the complete syllabus of UPSC Civil Services for free of cost.
- Complete NCERT basic books before proceeding with Standard Reference books.
- Read Newspaper daily to update with current affairs. Make notes of the same for revision purpose. Cover monthly magazine for revising month long current affairs.
- Focus on optional subject along with Essay where you can score better compared to others.
- Cover qualifying papers as well such as CSAT, English Qualifying paper, Indian Language qualifying paper to get minimum qualifying marks.
- Focus on revision, discussion, debate, writing practice etc. But do not waste time with unnecessary debates.
- Prepare for personality test.
- Never lose hope and focus.
- Test your preparation level from time to time by giving mock tests/ Practice Tests.
UPSC Important Books
UPSC Civil Services subject wise important book list is given below.
UPSC Stage I Preparation with NCERT Books (General Studies)
|Geography||Class 6th - The Earth Our Habitat
Class 7th - Our Environment
Class 8th - Resource and Development
Class 9th and 10th - Contemporary India
Class 11th - Fundamentals of Physical Geography and India's Physical Environment
Class 12th - Fundamentals of Human Geography & India - People and Economy
|History||Class 6th -8th - Our Past I, II and III
Class 9 and 10th - India and Contemporary World I and II
Class 11th - Themes in World History
Class 12th - Themes in Indian History I, II and III
|Polity||Class 6 to 8th - Social and Political Life
Class 9 and 10th - Democratic politics
Class 11th - Indian Constitution at Work
Class 12th - Contemporary World Politics
Class 11th and 12th - Political Science I and II
|Economy||Class 9th - Economics
Class 10th - Understanding Economic Development
Class 11th - Indian Economic Development
Class 12th - Introductory Macro Economics
|Sociology||Class 11th - Introducing Sociology & Understanding Society
Class 12th - Indian Society and Social Change and Development in India
|Psychology||Class 11th - Introduction to Psychology
|Art and Culture||Class 11th - An Introduction to Indian Art|
UPSC Stage II Preparation with Reference Books
|Subject||Suggested Reference Books|
|Geography||Khullar/ Majid Hussain|
|Social Issues||Ram Ahuja and Indian Society by SC Dube|
|Governance||Governance in India by Laxmikanth
2nd ARC Reports (Total 15)
|Indian Economy||Sanjeev Verma/ Ramesh Singh, India Year Book|
|World History||Norman Lowe|
|Modern Indian History||Spectrum|
|Post Independence India||Bipin Chandra|
|Art and Culture||Nitin Singhania|
|International Relations||idsa.in, thediplomat.com, cfr.org and satp.org websites and World Focus|
|Science and Technology||Hindu and Times of India science sections, Current affairs section, Websites of Min. of Environment, S and T, Depart of Space etc.|
|Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude||V subba Rao and PN Roy Chaudhary|
|Security Issues||2nd ARC 8th Report, idsa.in website, Ministry of Home Affairs website|
CSAT Books – Vajiram Books, GMAT official guide for Reading Comprehension, McGraw Hill/ Pearson Manual etc.
UPSC Civil Services and IFoS FAQs
Q. What Is The Last Date For Payment Of Fees Through SBI Bank?
A. The last date for payment of fees through ‘Pay By Cash’ mode is March 17, 2020.
Q. What Are The Documents Needed To Fill Online Application?
A. The following documents required to fill online application
- Academic mark sheets / certificates to fill personal and educational details
- Any valid Photo ID card issued by the Central / State Government
- Scanned copy of the same photo ID, passport sized photo and signature
- Debit / credit card or Internet banking details [if want to make payment online]
Q. What Are The Type Of Questions In Preliminary Examination?
A.Preliminary examination will have objective type questions.
Q. What Is The Number Of Vacancies To Be Filled Through UPSC Indian Forest Service Examination?
A. The expected number of vacancies is 90.
Q. I’m A Member Of Such Family Which Was Migrated From Pakistan With The Intention Of Permanently Settling In India. Am I Eligible For UPSC Indian Forest Service Examination?
A. Yes, you are eligible for UPSC IFoS 2020. However, you will have to produce a certificate of eligibility issued by the competent authority at the time of final selection / appointment.
Q. Are Candidates Belonging To Economically Weaker Sections Is Eligible For Reservation?
A. Yes, candidates of EWS are eligible for reservation.
Q. Which Is The Website For Filling Up Online Applications?
Q. What Is The Last Date For Receipt Of Online Applications?
A. March 18, 2020 is the last date for receipt of online applications.
Q. What Are The Minimum Educational Qualifications Required To Apply For IAS Post?
A. You must have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
Q. I Have Passed Graduation Examinations In Mathematics. Am I Eligible To Apply For UPSC Indian Forest Service Examination?
A. Yes, you are eligible.
Q. What Is A Number Of Attempts For Candidates Belonging To General Category?