UPSC SO/Stenographer 2021 Recruitment [Apply Online, Application Form] : UPSC Section Officer (SO)/Steno (Grade B/Grade – I) LDCE Notification 2021 will be released on 15th September 2021. Candidates will have to submit their applications online for these positions before 5th October 2021. UPSC SO/Steno exam date will be 11th December 2021 for 2 days.
UPSC SO or Steno test will be conducted for 500 marks, which will have both objective and subject type subjects and 100 marks will be allotted for evaluation of record of service for the final selection of candidates.
UPSC SO/ Steno Important Dates
The exact dates as per UPSC Calendar 2021 and some tentative dates for the UPSC SO/Steno Limited Departmental Competitive Examination are listed in the table below:
|Release of Notification||15th September 2021|
|Starting Date of Online Application||15th September 2021|
|Last Date for Applying||5th October 2021|
|Submission of Printed Copy of Application through proper channel||Within 15 days after the last date of applying online|
|Release Of Admit Cards||Three Weeks before the date of test|
|Date of Test||11th December 2021|
|Answer Key Release||Within a Week after the test|
|Result Date||First Week of January 2022 (Tentative)|
- UPSC SO/Steno Application Form 2021
- UPSC SO/Steno Syllabus 2021
- UPSC SO/Steno Admit Card 2021
- UPSC SO/Steno Result 2021
UPSC SO/ Steno Notification 2021
UPSC SO/Steno Notification 2021 will be released on 15th September 2021 at the official website of the Union Public Service Commission @http://www.upsc.gov.in/. Once the official notification is out, candidates will find a link to the advertisement for these positions right on the homepage of UPSC.
Download UPSC SO/Steno 2021 Notification Pdf
UPSC SO/ Steno Eligibility 2021
The Union Public Service Commission recruits candidates for the section officer and stenographer positions as the Limited Departmental Competitive Examination. So, candidates already serving the government departments are recruited through this notification. Accordingly, the education and experience requirements are to be met by applicants, and the details in this respect are listed in the table below:
|I||Assistants’ Grade of the Central Secretariat Service and Personal Assistants Grade (Stenographers Grade C) of the Central Secretariat Central Secretariat Stenographers’ Service||Not less than 5 years’ approved Service and shall also have earned at least four Annual Performance Appraisal Reports in the Assistants’ Grade of the Central Secretariat Service Personal Assistants’ Grade of the Central Secretariat Stenographers’ Service. Personal Assistants of CSSS shall possess a Bachelor’s Degree of a recognized University or equivalent|
|II||Grade IV of the General Cadre, Grade-II of the Stenographer Cadre and Grade II of The Cypher sub-cadre of the Indian Foreign Grade Service, Branch ‘B’||Not less than 5 years’ approved and continuous Service in Grade IV of the General Cadre or in Grade II of the Stenographers’ cadre or in Grade II of the Cypher sub-cadre of the Indian Foreign Service, Branch ‘B’ or in two or all the above grades as the case may be|
|III||Assistants' Grade of Railway Board Secretariat Service and Grade C of the Railway Board Secretariat Stenographers' Service||At least 5 years of continuous and approved service in the Assistants' Grade of the Railway Board Secretariat Service or in Grade II/C of the Railway Board Secretariat Stenographers' Service or in both|
Similar to the categories above, for each category, there will be different experience and educational requirements that candidates can gather from the official notification page. However, candidates are recommended to make sure that they meet the experience and educational qualification requirement as stated by the Union Public Service Commission before they apply for any category of UPSC SO/Steno Recruitment 2021.
UPSC SO/ Steno Application Form 2021
The application form should be submitted by candidates for the UPSC SO/Steno position online on the UPSC website. They will also send the printed copy of the submitted online application through their department head or head of the office of the UPSC.
UPSC SO/Steno Application Form 2021 will be released on 15th Sep 2021 and the last date to apply online is 5th Oct 2021.
UPSC SO/ Steno – How To Apply Online?
- Candidates meeting the eligibility requirements will have to apply online through the official website of UPSC at www.upsc.gov.in.
- Candidates will have to submit the online application before the last date as per the notification. They should submit the application before 11.59 pm on the last date to apply. After this date, the link for applying online will be disabled.
- Candidates are recommended to make sure that they fill up the columns in the online application form correctly. They cannot change the entries after submission through any channel.
- When they visit the website of UPSC, candidates will find a link called “Apply online” on the right side of the website. When they click on this link, they will find the link to various positions for which the online application gateway is open.
- Candidates will have to click on the appropriate link for the SO/Steno position. When they click on this link, they will get to a page that contains the list of instructions to be followed for filling up the online application. Here, they will have the option to print the instructions or they can click on the next option.
- Before they click on the proceed button, candidates will be prompted to click on the declaration that ensures that they have completely read the instructions.
- Once they click the proceed option, they will be taken to a page that asks for their registration ID and password. Once they provide these details, they can log in to the website of UPSC to fill up the online application.
- They will have to enter the basic details and should follow the onscreen instructions to proceed with the submission of the application.
- Candidates, planning to take the written test for this position in Hindi will have to opt for the same in the application form. Otherwise, it will be assumed that the candidate will take the test in English.
- After they submit the application online, they will have to print the copy of the submitted application and should send it to the UPSC through their department head or through the head of the UPSC and they should do this within 15 days from the last date to apply online.
When they apply online, candidates will have to enter details under different categories like service preferences, employment information, parental information, educational information, and personal details. So, they should have the required documents to fill up these details. Once the application is submitted, they cannot make any changes. So, they should carefully furnish the details.
UPSC SO/ Steno Exam Pattern
The test pattern for UPSC SO/Steno will have both subjective and objective type questions. For the latter, there will be negative marks for every wrong answer given by the test takers. Here is a table to show the format of the test:
|Paper No.||Subject||Paper Type||Maximum Marks||Duration (In Hours)|
|1||General Studies & General Knowledge of Constitution of India and Machinery of Government, Practice and Procedures in Parliament and Knowledge of RTI Act, 2005.||Objective||150||2|
|2||Procedure and Practice in the Govt. of India Secretariat and associated offices and General Financial and Service Rules by taking into account the requirement of appropriate categories of services.||Objective||150||2|
|3||Noting and Drafting, Precise Writing||Subjective||200||3|
|Evaluation of record of Service||100|
- For the objective type paper, there will be four options given for each question.
- For every wrong answer given by a candidate, there will be a 0.33 mark deduction as the penalty for that question.
- Candidates get the option to write the subjective type paper either in English or in Hindi.
- All three test booklets will have questions given both in English and in Hindi.
- There will also be a shorthand test either in English/Hindi to be taken up by applicants.
- This test will be in the form of a dictation test at the speed of 100 words per minute for 10 minutes and candidates will get a time of 40 and 55 minutes respectively for English and Hindi Transcription.
- There will be a maximum deduction of 5% marks for illegible handwriting.
UPSC SO/ Steno Syllabus 2021
UPSC SO/Steno Syllabus is as follows.
- RTI Act, 2005
- The Organization of the Machinery of the Government of India, allocation and designation of subjects between ministries, departments, and attached and subordinate offices and their relationship.
- Rules and procedures to conduct business in Rajya Sabha and in Lok Sabha
- The Principles of the Constitution of India
The questions in Paper II will be detailed and intensive to test the knowledge of candidates in the methods and procedures of work in the Government of India Secretariat and associated offices.
- Detailed knowledge of General Financial and Service Rules like TA Rules, Leave Rules, and Conduct Rules will be tested.
For paper III, Candidates will have to prepare precise drafts and notes on a specific topic and they will have to precise the information from a paragraph.
Based on the written test, candidates will be shortlisted and they will have to secure at least 40% of marks in the evaluation of the record of service as well.
UPSC SO/ Steno Admit Card 2021
If you apply to the UPSC SO/Steno position for any of the categories above, you will have to download the e-admit card from the official website of the Union Public Service Commission. The process to download is listed below:
- Go to the official website of UPSC at upsc.gov.in
- Click on the link called “Admit cards” on the right side of the website
- You will be taken to this page@ http://www.upsc.gov.in/e-admit-cards
- On this page, you will find two options: “E-Admit Cards for various examinations of UPSC” and “E-Admit Cards for Various Recruitment Posts”
- When you click on any of these links, you will find a link to the posts or examinations for which admit cards are now available
- If you find “UPSC SC/Steno Recruitment”, you will be taken to a page that contains the instructions about admit card
- You will have to read the given instructions and should click on the checkbox that confirms that you have read the instructions
- When you click on this, you will be taken to a page that prompts you to select any one option. The options are “By Registration ID” or “By Roll Number”
- You can choose any of these options and you will also have the option called Forget RID. With this option, you can recover your Registration ID, if you have forgotten it
- If you know your roll number, you will have to click on the suitable option. Then, the system will ask you to enter your roll number and select your date of birth from the drop-down menu
- Then, you will have to enter the captcha code and finally, you will have to click on the “Submit” option so that the system will take you to the page that contains your admit card
- Ensure the correctness of the details in the admit card and then download it to your system
- Do not forget to carry it to the test center.
UPSC SO/ Steno Result 2021
- UPSC SO/Steno Recruitment Result 2021 will be published on the UPSC Website at www.upsc.gov.in/
- On this website, you will find a link called “Written Result” on the right-side panel
- When you click on this link, you will be taken to a page that contains the list of exams for which results are available
- When you click on the appropriate like for SO/Steno recruitment, you will be taken to a PDF page that contains the list of roll numbers of qualified candidates
- You can search whether your roll number is present on this page to know whether you qualify.
UPSC SO/ Steno Cut Off 2021
The qualifying standard for each part/paper of SO/ Steno will be decided by the UPSC and accordingly, the commission will publish the merit list of qualified candidates. UPSC reserves the right to fix the qualifying standard for any or all part/paper of the examination. The commission will publish the category-wise merit list on the basis of the number of vacancies available for each category.