Railway Group D 2018 Apply Online, Application Form :
RRB(s) has released Railway Group D 2018 notification for 62907 posts against CEN No. 02/2018. Railway Group D 2018 Apply online or Application Form starts from 10th Feb 2018 and ends on 31th March 2018 as per indicative advertisement published in Employment newspaper of latest issue. To know more, check here as I’m going to explain every detail about this recruitment examination like eligibility criteria, number of vacancies, important dates, application process, fee & mode of payment, admit cards, paper pattern, results etc.
- Important Dates
- Eligibility Criteria
- Application Fee
- Application Form
- Apply Online
- Exam Pattern & Syllabus
- Admit Card
- Exam Date
- Cut Off
RRB Group D 2018 Important Dates
|Examination conducted by||Railway Recruitment Board (RRBs)|
|Examination name||RRB Group D 2018|
|Essential Qualification||10th passed with ITI in respective trade|
|Online Registration||10-02-2018 to 31-03-2018|
|Examination Mode||Online (CBT or computer based test)|
|Admit card will be released on||Yet to be released|
|Examination Date||April / May|
|Result declared on||Yet to be released|
|Exam centres||All over India (major cities)|
|Apply online on||Any of the RRB(s) website|
RRB Group D 2018 Official Notification
Railway Group D 2018 Official notification has been released on 10th Feb 2018. The Railway Recruitment Cell(s) have already published an indicative advertisement for Centralized Employment Notice (CEN) No. 02/2018 (recruitment for several posts in Level 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix) in employment newspaper. Candidates can read & download it from any of the RRB(s) website. RRB(s) names with website addresses are given below. Download Railway Group D 2018 notification Pdf
|S.No.||Name of RRB(s)||Website address|
Note – Use any of the RRB(s) website to attempt online application
RRB Group D 2018 Vacancies
It is expected that with Railway Group D 2018 recruitment examination RRB(s) will fill nearly 62,907 vacant positions in several units of Indian Railways. However, this number of vacancies is provisional and can be decreased or increased by the Indian Railway Administrations as per their requirements. Post and category wise vacancies are available in the detailed notification to be published very soon on the website of RRB(s). RRC Group D 2018 recruitment examination will cover the following posts:
- Track maintainer Grade IV (trackman)
- Helpers in telecommunication /signal / mechanical /engineering & electrical departments etc.
RRB Group D 2018 Eligibility Criteria
RRB Group D 2018 eligibility criteria have been given below.
Candidates going to apply for RRC Group D 2018 recruitment examination must be 18 years old but not more than 33 years. This upper age will be considered as on 1st July 2018. As per the rules of Government of India, relaxations in maximum age limit shall be provided to the eligible candidates. OBC Candidates upper age limit will be 36years and for SC/ST 38years. Candidates looking for relaxations in upper age limit will have to produce supportive document/certificate at the time of attempting online application.
Essential Educational Qualifications
Matriculation/10th pass (OR) National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC) granted by NCVT (OR) ITI from institutions authorized by SVCT/NCVT (OR) equivalent
Matriculation/10th pass plus ITI from institutions authorized by SVCT/NCVT (OR) Matriculation/10th pass plus National Apprenticeship certificate (NAC) granted by NCV.
Before attempting online application, a candidate makes sure that s/he fulfill the prescribed medical standards for the post(s) s/he is opting for. However, medical standards for each post are still unknown to as it is given in detailed notification to be published on the websites of RRBs.
RRB Group D 2018 Application Fee & Mode Of Payment
Candidates belonging to female/minorities/transgender/PwDs/ex-servicemen/SC/ST/economically backward classes have to pay a fee of Rs. 250/- as their examination fee (refundable for candidates who will appear in CBT) while other candidates have to pay a fee of Rs. 500/- as their examination fee (non-refundable).
|Category Name||Examination Fee (in Rs)|
|Economically backward||250/- (refundable)|
All the candidates can pay their examination fee either online or offline. To pay fee online, the candidates have to use a debit/credit card or net banking facility. An online payment can be done up to 12th March 2018 till 10 pm. To pay fee offline, the candidates have to generate an e-challan of either SBI bank or post office at the time of attempting online application. Fill all the required details in system-generated e-challan and submit it to either any SBI branch or post office with the cash. Last date of payment through SBI bank challan is 12th March 2018 by 1 pm and last date of payment through post office challan is 10th March 2018 by 1 pm.
RRB Group D 2018 Application Form & Process
RRC Group D Application form is available on all the participating RRB websites. RRBC Group D online application process has been started, so interested aspirants of railways should submit application form online only. Before attempting online application, all the candidates are required to know that the students waiting for final results of required educational qualifications should not apply as they are not eligible to RRC Group D 2018. Candidates fulfill the required eligibility criteria for the post(s) they are opting for can attempt and submit online application from any of the RRB(s) website.
How To Apply For RRB Group D 2018?
- Go to the Concerned RRB(s) website you wish to apply for. List of RRBs with website addresses is given above.
- On homepage, you will see several important links
- Find and click on the ‘Click here to apply for CEN 02/2018’
- You will be landed on a new page where you see ‘Important Dates’ & and few other tabs like ‘New Registration’, ‘Activate Your Registration Number Through OTP’, ‘Candidate Login’ etc.
- On the same page, you will also see a ‘How to apply’ tab, click it to read ‘How to apply’ instructions; you can also download those ‘How to apply’ instructions to read them later by clicking ‘Download PDF’ link
- Now, go back and click on the ‘New Registration’ tab
- Select any 1 RRB to apply
- On clicking any of the RRB(s) tab, you will be landed on a new page having ‘Important Instructions’ and two declaration boxes
- Read all the instructions carefully then check both declaration boxes
- Click on the ‘Submit’ tab
- You will see a new page having a Registration form
- Now, fill all the asked details carefully like name, DOB, Aadhar Card status, father’s/mother’s name, matriculation details, mobile number, email ID and Captcha as shown in image
- Check the declaration box and click on the ‘Click to continue’ link
- On submitting your registration form, immediately you will receive 2 OTPs, one on your email and another on mobile number
- Now, on homepage, click on the ‘Verify through OTP’ link and enter both OTPs in their respective fields
- After verification, you will see a unique system generated registration number. Now, note and preserve this registration number for future reference
- Now, go to the homepage and click on the ‘candidate login’ tab
- Now, enter the same ‘Registration number’, ‘date of birth’ and ‘captcha’.
- Once you logged into your account, you have to fill further details like educational qualification, community, gender etc.
- After filling all the required details, you will be taken to the payment page where you have to select any of the provided payment options either online or offline
- After selecting payment option, now you will have to fill part II of your online application
- In part II, you will have to set priority/preferences for posts, select language of examination, write address etc.
- Now, upload color photograph and category certificates (if applicable)
- In the end, you will have to check the given declaration box and submit your application
- Now, print your application and keep it for record
Note – Name & date of birth should be same as available in SSLC/matriculation.
RRB Group D 2018 Examination Pattern & Syllabus
Railway RRC Group D 2018 syllabus and Exam pattern has been given elaborately on the official notification. It will be conducted in three stages. They are
- Computer Based test
- PET (Physical Efficiency Test)
- Document Verification
Computer Based test
Written Exam will be a computer based test followed by physical efficiency tests and document verification. Computer based test will contain 100 objective type questions to be solved in 90 minutes (1.50 hours). Question paper will contain four sections- Mathematics, General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Science & General Awareness on current affairs. Section-wise syllabus for RRC Group D 2018 is given below.
|S.No.||Section name||No. of MCQs||Maximum marks||Topics covered|
|1||Mathematics||25||25||Number system, Fractions, Mensuration, Time & Work; Time & Distance, BODMAS, Decimals, Simple & Compound Interest, LCM, HCF, Ratio & Proportion, Percentages, Profit & Loss, Elementary Statistics, Square root, Age Calculations, Algebra, Geometry & Trigonometry, Calendar & Clock, Pipes & Cistern etc.|
|2||General Intelligence & reasoning||25||25||Analogies, Mathematical operations, Coding & Decoding, Alphabetical & Number Series, Venn Diagram, Data Interpretation & Sufficiency, Syllogism, Jumbling, Conclusions & Decision making, Relationships, Similarities & Differences, Analytical Reasoning, Classification, Directions, Statement – Arguments and Assumptions etc.|
|3||General Science||30||30||Environmental studies, biology, physics, chemistry etc.|
|4||General Awareness on current affairs||20||20||In Sports, Culture, Personalities, Science & Technology, Politics, Economics, & any other subjects of importance.|
Category-wise minimum passing percentage in CBT will be as follows
|Category name||Passing percentage|
Physical Efficiency Tests (PET)
The Railway Recruitment Board(s) will shortlist and call candidates for PET on the basis of merit of the candidates in CBT. PET will be qualifying in nature therefore passing physical efficiency test will be mandatory for candidates. The criterion for PET is given below
|Female candidates||Male candidates|
|In one attempt, must be able to run for a distance of 1 km in 5 minutes & 40 seconds.|
In one attempt, must be able to lift & carry 20 kg of weight for a distance of 100 meters in 120 seconds without putting the weight down
|In one attempt, must be able to run for a distance of 1 km in 4 minutes & 15 seconds.|
In one attempt, must be able to lift & carry 35 kg of weight for a distance of 100 meters in 120 seconds without putting the weight down
On the basis of performance in computer based and physical efficiency test, RRC Group D 2018 examinees will be called for document verification.
RRB Group D 2018 Admit Card
Candidates who will successfully complete online application process can download their call letters from RRB(s) website. Call letters will be available to download on respective RRB(s) website before 10 days from the date of examination and no call letter will be sent by courier or any other mode.
How To Download RRC Group D Admit Card?
- Go to the concerned RRB(s) official website you have applied for
- Now, find and click on the ‘Admit card for CEN 02/2018’
- Type the required details
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button
- You will get admit card on computer’s screen
- Print it on a A4 size paper
RRB Group D 2018 Exam Date
RRB Group D examination date is yet to be released. But as per available information, it is expecting that RRC Group D 2018 examination will be held in the month of May 2018. Exact date of examination will be cleared once notification released. As per latest information, it is cleared that RRCs will conduct this examination across India. A list of examination centres will be given in the official notification.
RRB Group D 2018 Result
After few days from the date of examination, the Railway Recruitment Cells will upload results on RRBs website. To check RRC Group D 2018 result, candidates have to visit RRBs official website. Website addresses are mentioned above.
How To Check Result?
- Go to the RRBs website
- Find and click on the ‘Result for CEN 02/2018’ link
- On a new page, you have to enter the required details
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button
- Your ‘RRB Group D 2018 Result’ will appear on your screen
- Download or print it
RRB Group D 2018 Cut Marks
A candidate going to appear in RRC Group D 2018 examination is need to know that this year cut-off will be high as compared with last year’s RRC Group D recruitment examination. The main reason behind this is that RRC(s) will get huge number of applications. Cut-off marks are the minimum marks allotted by RRCs for candidates’ selection.
RRB Group D 2018 Salary
In the year 2018, the pay scale for Group D posts will be Rs. 18,000/- (Level 1of 7th CPC Pay Matrix) along with the admissible allowances.
Finally, I just want to say that if any RRC Group D 2018 aspirant out there still has any doubt or question then feel free to comment below.. In addition to this, guys, you can also share this or any other job relating article with your friends available on Facebook by just clicking ‘Facebook’ button.
Thanks. I Wish You Best of Luck.