RRB Group D 2019 Apply Online, Application Form : RRB has released Railway Group D 2019 notification for 1,03,769 vacancies in Level – 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix against CEN No. RRC -01/2019. Railway Group D 2019 Apply online or Application Form registration has started from 12th March 2019 and ends on 12th April 2019 at 23:59 hrs as per the Centralized Employment Notification.Check this article to know detailed information about RRC Group D Various posts in Level 1 of 7th CPC recruitment like eligibility criteria, number of vacancies, important dates, application process, fee & mode of payment, admit cards, paper pattern, results etc.
- Important Dates
- Eligibility Criteria
- Application Fee
- Application Form
- Apply Online
- Exam Pattern & Syllabus
- Admit Card
- Exam Date
- Cut Off
RRB Group D 2019 Important Dates
Railway Group D Important dates are listed below.
|Examination conducted by||Railway Recruitment Board (RRBs)|
|Examination name||RRB Group D 2019|
|Posts||Level – 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix|
|No. of vacancies||103769|
|Essential Qualification||10th pass (OR) ITI of either NCVT or SCVT (or) equivalent (OR) NAC (National|
Apprenticeship Certificate) granted by NCVT
|Online Registration of applications||12 March 2019 at 17.00 hrs to 12 April 2019 at 23.59 hrs|
|Last date and time for payment of fee through challan of SBI / Post Office||18 April 2019 at 13.00 hrs|
|Last date and time for payment of fee through online (UPI / Debit card / credit card / net banking)||23 April 2019 at 23.59 hrs|
|Final submission of Applications||26 April 2019 at 23.59 hrs|
|Examination Mode||Online (CBT or computer based test)|
|Admit card will be released on||Yet to be released|
|Examination Date||Sept / Oct 2019 (tentative)|
|Result declared on||Yet to be released|
|Exam centres||All over India (major cities)|
|Apply online on||Any of the RRB(s) website|
RRB Group D 2019 Official Notification
Railway Group D 2019 Official notification has been released on 12th March 2019. The Railway Recruitment Cell(s) have published Centralized Employment Notice (CEN) No. RRC 01/2019 (recruitment for several posts in Level 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix) on respective RRB/RRC Websites. Candidates can read & download it from any of the RRB/RRC(s) website. RRB/RRC(s) names with website addresses are given below.
|S.No.||Name of RRB and Railway||Website Address|
|1||Secunderabad (SCR)||Click here|
|2||Ranchi (SER)||Click here|
|3||Patna (ECR)||Click here|
|4||Mumbai (CR)||Click here|
|5||Kolkata (ER)||Click here|
|6||Guwahati (NFR)||Click here|
|7||Gorakhpur (NER)||Click here|
|8||Chennai (SR)||Click here|
|9||Chandigarh (NR)||Click here|
|10||Bilaspur (SECR)||Click here|
|11||Bhubaneswar (ECoR) ||Click here|
|12||Bhopal (WCR)||Click here|
|13||Bangalore (SWR)||Click here|
|14||Allahabad (NCR)||Click here|
|15||Ajmer (NWR)||Click here|
|16||Ahmedabad (WR)||Click here|
Note – Use any of the RRB/RRRC(s) website to attempt online application
RRB Group D 2019 Vacancies
Through Railway Group D 2019 recruitment conducted by RRB/RRC(s) will fill 1,03,769 vacant positions in several units of Indian Railways. However, this number of vacancies is provisional and can be decreased or increased by the Indian Railway Administrations. Post and category wise vacancies are available in the detailed notification published on the website of RRB/RRC(s). RRC Group D 2019 recruitment examination will have the following posts in Level 1 of 7th CPC.
|Medical Standard||Post Name||Designation|
|B-1||TRACK MAINTAINER GRADE IV||ENGINEERING|
|C-1||ASSISTANT WORKS (WORKSHOP)|
|B-1||ASSISTANT TRACK MACHINE|
|B-1||ASSISTANT LOCO SHED (DIESEL)|
|C-1||ASSISTANT DEPOT (STORES)||STORES|
|B-1||ASSISTANT LOCO SHED (ELECTRICAL)||ELECTRICAL|
|B-2||ASSISTANT OPERATIONS (ELECTRICAL)|
|B-1||ASSISTANT TL & AC|
|C-1||ASSISTANT TL & AC (WORKSHOP)|
|B-1||ASSISTANT SIGNAL & TELECOM||S and T|
Railway wise number of vacancies
|West Central Railway||4019|
|Southern Railway and ICF||9579|
|South Western Railway and RWF||7167|
|South Eastern Railway||4914|
|South East Central Railway||1664|
|South Central Railway||9328|
|Northern Railway, DMW and RCF||13153|
|Northeast Frontier Railway||2894|
|North Western Railway||5249|
|North Eastern Railway, MCF and RDSO||4002|
|North Central Railway and DLW||4730|
|Eastern Railway, CLW & Metro||10873|
|East Coast Railway||2555|
|East Central Railway||3563|
RRB Group D 2019 Eligibility Criteria
RRB Group D 2019 eligibility criteria details are mentioned below.
An applicant must be either
- An Indian citizen
- A subject of Nepal or Bhopal
- Tibetan refugees who are permanently settled in India since 01 Jan 1962
- Persons who have migrated from Uganda, Pakistan, the United Republic of Tanzania, Sri Lanka, Zambia etc. and permanently settled in India
Note – Except Indian citizens, every other applicant will have to show a certificate of eligibility at the time of final appointment
Candidates must check age limit for RRC Group D 2019 recruitment examination. They must be 18 years old but not more than 33 years of age as on 1st July 2019 or candidates should be born between 02 July 1986 (for UR) / 02 July 1985 (for OBC-NCL) / 01 July 1981 (for SC /ST) to 01 July 2001. As per the rules of Government of India, relaxations in maximum age limit shall be provided to the eligible candidates as follows.
|Categories / Community||Max upper age OR relaxation in upper age limit|
|PwD||10 years (UR)|
|13 years (OBC-NCL)|
|15 years (SC / ST)|
|SC / ST||5 years|
|Candidates lived in J&K during 01 Jan 1980 to 31 Dec 1989||5 years|
|Women candidates, who are widowed, divorced or judicially separated from husband but not remarried||35 years of age (UR)|
|38 years of age (OBC-NCL)|
|40 years of age (SC / ST)|
|Candidates who have started Act Apprentice before acquiring an age of 25 years||35 years of age (UR)|
|38 years of age (OBC-NCL)|
|40 years of age (SC / ST)|
|Employees of Railway Canteens, Co-operative Societies and Institutes or any other Quasi-Administrative office of the Railway organization||Up to the length of service rendered (or) 5 Years, whichever is lower|
|Candidates who are serving Group 'C' and Erstwhile Group 'D' Railway Staff, Casual Labour and Substitutes in Railways who have put in minimum of 3 years’ service (continuous or in broken spells)||40 years of age (UR)|
|43 years of age (OBC-NCL)|
|45 years of age (SC / ST)|
Essential Educational Qualifications
For several posts in Level – 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix, applicants must have passed class 10th examinations or have NAC (National Apprenticeship Certificate) granted by NCVT or passed ITI from institutions recognized by SCVT / NCVT or equivalent.
Before submitting Railway Group D online application, a candidate must makes sure that s/he fulfil the prescribed medical standards for the post(s) s/he is opting for. Post wise medical standards are given below.
|Medical standard||General Fitness||Visual Acuity|
|C-2||Candidates should be physically fit in all respects||Near Vision: Sn. 0.6 combined with or without glasses where|
reading or close work is required
Distant Vision: 6/12, NIL with or without glasses
|C-1||Near Vision: Sn. 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses when reading|
or close work is required
Distant Vision: 6/12, 6/18 with or without glasses
|B-2||Near Vision: Sn. 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses when reading|
or close work is required and must pass test for Binocular Vision etc.
Distant Vision: 6/9, 6/12 with or without glasses (power of lenses not to exceed 4D)
|B-1||Near Vision: Sn. 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses when reading|
or close work is required and should pass test for Colour Vision, Binocular Vision, Night Vision, Mesopic vision etc
Distant Vision: 6/9, 6/12 with or without glasses (power of
lenses not to exceed 4D)
|A-3||Near Vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses and should pass test for Night Vision, Myopic vision, Colour Vision, Binocular Vision etc. |
Distant Vision: 6/9, 6/9 with or without glasses (power of lenses not to exceed 2D)
|A-2||Near Vision: Sn. 0.6, 0.6 without glasses and should pass tests for Colour Vision, Mesopic vision, Binocular Vision, Night Vision etc.|
Distant Vision: 6/9, 6/9 without glasses(no fogging test)
RRB Group D 2019 Application Fee & Mode Of Payment
Candidates belonging to female/minorities/transgender/PwDs/ex-servicemen/SC/ST/economically backward classes have to pay a fee of Rs. 250/- as their examination fee (refundable for candidates who will appear in CBT) while other candidates have to pay a fee of Rs. 500/- as their examination fee (Rs. 400/- shall be refunded to them if they appeared in CBT).
|Category Name||Examination Fee (in Rs)|
|General / OBC||500/- (Rs. 400/- shall be refunded to them if they appeared in CBT)|
|Economically backward||250/- (refundable)|
All the candidates can pay their examination fee either online or offline. To pay fee online, the candidates have to use a debit/credit card or net banking facility. An online payment can be done up to 23th April 2019 at 23:50 hrs. To pay fee offline, the candidates have to generate an e-challan of either SBI bank or post office at the time of attempting online application. Fill all the required details in system-generated e-challan and submit it to either any SBI branch or post office with the cash. Last date of payment through SBI bank or Post Office challan is 18 April 2019 at 13.00 hrs
RRB Group D 2019 Application Form & Process
RRC Group D Application form is available on all the participating RRB websites. RRB/ RRC Group D online application process has been started, so interested aspirants of railways should submit application form online only. Before submitting online application, all the candidates are required to know that the students waiting for final results of required educational qualifications should not apply as they are not eligible to RRC Group D 2019. Candidates fulfilling the required eligibility criteria for the post(s) they are opting for can submit online application from any of the RRB/RRC(s) website.
How To Apply For RRB Group D 2019?
- Go to the Concerned RRB website you wish to apply for. List of RRB/RRCs with website addresses is given above.
- On homepage, you will see several important links
- Find the section ‘CEN No. RRC-01/2019’
- Under this section, there are two tabs
- Firstly, click on tab ‘Click here- Notification’ to read detailed notification
- After reading and understanding the detailed notification, click on another tab i.e. ‘Click here-Online Registration’
- Read important dates then click on tab ‘New Registration’
- Select ‘Community’ and other options to check the availability of vacancies according to your eligibility
- After going through the vacancies, accept the declaration then click on ‘Apply’ tab; if you don’t want to search vacancies then accept the declaration statement i.e. ‘I do not want to search vacancies. Check the box against ‘I confirm that I have gone through the vacancy table’. If you want to apply directly’ then click on tab ‘Apply’
- Now, select and confirm railway of your choice
- Read all the instructions carefully and accept the declaration then click on tab ‘Submit’
- An online registration form will appear on the screen
- Enter your full name
- Re-enter your full name
- Select your date of birth
- Enter your ‘Aadhaar no. / enrolment no.’ if you have
- Enter your father’s and mother’s name
- Select your minimum educational qualification then select board, enter registration no. and select year of passing
- Enter your mobile number
- Re-enter your mobile number
- Enter your email ID
- Re-enter your email ID
- Enter security code
- Read and accept the declaration then click on tab ‘Submit’
- Check and confirm registration details by clicking on tab ‘Confirm’
- Now, you have successfully registered; your registration ID and password will appear on the screen; note it down for future reference
- Same time, you will receive 1 OTP on your registered mail ID and 1 OTP on your registered mobile number
- Enter and submit both the OTPs on next page to validate your email ID and mobile number; without this you cannot proceed further
- After validating your mobile number and email ID successfully, now you have to click on ‘Apply / Edit’ tab appeared on your ‘Application Dashboard’
- Select your ‘Nationality’, ‘Community’, ‘Gender’ and ‘Religion’
- Select option either ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ to answer questions like ‘Are you a PwBD Candidate’, ‘Are You an Ex-servicemen’, ‘Have you completed Apprenticeship Course under Apprenticeship Act 1961’ ‘Are you an employee in State / Central Govt / Public Sector Unit?’ etc.; select ‘Yes’ and ‘No’ options carefully as you can not change them later at any stage of selection process
- Enter ‘Security Code’ then click on tab ‘Submit’
- A list having details of posts for which you are eligible will open up
- Enter the priority of posts in the order of your preference then click on tab ‘Submit’
- Verify and confirm your preference
- Proceed further to make payment
- Click on tab ‘Application fee’
- After making paying successfully, submit your detailed educational qualification
- Select any language in which you want to write your exam
- Provide details of your valid Photo ID
- Select the rest options of your online application like ‘Mother Tongue’, ‘Address’ etc.
- Enter your bank account details for refund
- Upload digital files of your photo, signature and SC / ST certificate (only for those SC / ST candidates who want to avail free rail travel facility)
- Check all the details then submit your application
- Don’t forget to print your final submitted application form
Note – Name & date of birth should be same as available in SSLC/matriculation.
RRB Group D 2019 Examination Pattern & Syllabus
Railway RRC Group D 2019 syllabus and Exam pattern has been given elaborately in the official notification. It will be conducted in three stages. They are
- Computer Based test
- PET (Physical Efficiency Test)
- Document Verification
- Medical Examination
Computer Based Test
Written Exam will be a computer based test followed by physical efficiency tests and document verification and medical examination. Computer based test will contain 100 objective type questions to be solved in 90 minutes (120 Minutes for eligible PwBD candidates). Each MCQ will be of 1 mark. 1/3 marks shall be deducted for each wrong answer. Question paper will contain four sections- Mathematics, General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Science & General Awareness on current affairs. Section-wise syllabus for RRC Group D 2019 is given below.
|S.No.||Section name||No. of MCQs||Maximum marks||Topics covered|
|1||Mathematics||25||25||Number system, Fractions, Mensuration, Time & Work; Time & Distance, BODMAS, Decimals, Simple & Compound Interest, LCM, HCF, Ratio & Proportion, Percentages, Profit & Loss, Elementary Statistics, Square root, Age Calculations, Algebra, Geometry & Trigonometry, Calendar & Clock, Pipes & Cistern etc.|
|2||General Intelligence & reasoning||30||30||Analogies, Mathematical operations, Coding & Decoding, Alphabetical & Number Series, Venn Diagram, Data Interpretation & Sufficiency, Syllogism, Jumbling, Conclusions & Decision making, Relationships, Similarities & Differences, Analytical Reasoning, Classification, Directions, Statement – Arguments and Assumptions etc.|
|3||General Science||25||25||Environmental studies, biology, physics, chemistry etc.|
|4||General Awareness and current affairs||20||20||In Sports, Culture, Personalities, Science & Technology, Politics, Economics, & any other subjects of importance.|
Category-wise minimum passing percentage in CBT will be as follows
|Category name||Passing percentage|
Physical Efficiency Tests (PET)
The Railway Recruitment Board(s) will shortlist and call candidates for PET on the basis of merit of the candidates in CBT. PET will be qualifying in nature therefore passing physical efficiency test will be mandatory for candidates. The criterion for PET is given below
|Female candidates||Male candidates|
|In one attempt, must be able to run for a distance of 1 km in 5 minutes & 40 seconds.|
In one attempt, must be able to lift & carry 20 kg of weight for a distance of 100 meters in 120 seconds without putting the weight down
|In one attempt, must be able to run for a distance of 1 km in 4 minutes & 15 seconds.|
In one attempt, must be able to lift & carry 35 kg of weight for a distance of 100 meters in 120 seconds without putting the weight down
On the basis of performance in computer based and physical efficiency test, RRC Group D 2019 examinees will be called for document verification.
Before final appointment, candidates whose all the necessary documents will be verified are required to undergo a medical examination to be organized and monitored by the Railway Administration.
RRB Group D 2019 Hall Ticket/ e-Call Letter
Candidates who will successfully complete online application process can download their e-call letters from RRB/RRC(s) website. Call letters will be available to download on respective RRB(s) website before 10 days from the date of examination and no call letter will be sent by courier or any other mode.
How To Download RRC Group D Admit Card?
- Go to the concerned RRB/RRC(s) official website you have applied for
- Now, find and click on the ‘Admit card for CEN RRC-01/2019’
- Type the required details
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button
- You will get admit card on computer’s screen
- Print it on a A4 size paper
RRB Group D 2019 Exam Date
RRB Group D examination date is yet to be released. But as per available information, it is expecting that RRC Group D 2019 examination will be held in the month of May 2019. Exact date of examination will be announced in due course by RRB/RRC. As per latest news, RRCs will conduct this examination across India in the month of Sep/ Oct 2019.
RRB Group D 2019 Result
After few days from the date of examination, the Railway Recruitment Cells will upload results on RRB/RRCs website. To check RRC Group D 2019 result, candidates have to visit RRB/RRCs official website. Website addresses are mentioned above.
How To Check Result?
- Go to the RRB/RRCs website
- Find and click on the ‘Result for CEN RRC-01/2019’ link
- On a new page, you have to enter the required details
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button
- Your ‘RRB Group D 2019 Result’ will appear on your screen
- Download or print it
RRB Group D 2019 Cut Marks
A candidate going to appear in RRC Group D 2019 examination is need to know that this year cut-off will be high as compared with last year’s RRC Group D recruitment examination. The main reason behind this is that RRC(s) will get huge number of applications. Cut-off marks are the minimum marks allotted by RRCs for candidates’ selection.
How to Check Cut Off?
- Open the website of RRB concerned
- On homepage, you will see several links / sections
- Search for section / link / tab ‘CBT Result for CEN No. RRC-01/2019 (Level-I Posts of 7th CPC’
- Under this section / link / tab, you will find various links like link to check ‘Cut off mark’, ‘Notice on Level 1 Score & Response sheet’, ‘Notice on the Result of shortlisted candidates for PET’ etc.
- Click on the link / tab ‘Cut off Mark’
- A PDF file will open up having category wise normalised cut off marks of candidates shortlisted for Physical Efficiency Test (PET)’
- In cutoff PDF file, cutoff marks for ex-servicemen, CCAA in Railways’ will be given also
RRB Group D 2019 Salary
In the year 2019, the pay scale for Group D posts will be Rs. 18,000/- (Level 1of 7th CPC Pay Matrix) along with the admissible allowances.
Railway Group D FAQs
Q. How many vacancies will be filled through RRB Group D exam 2019?
A.1,03,769 vacancies of various Posts in Level – 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix will be filled through RRB Group D 2019 exam.
Q.Is there will be negative marking in the CBT?
A.Yes. For each wrong answer, 1/3rd of the marks allotted to the question shall be deducted.
Q. I’m waiting for my final results. Am I eligible to apply?
A.No, you are not. As per official notification, candidates awaiting results of the final exam are not eligible and hence they must not apply.
Q. What are the dates of RRB Group D 2019 exam?
A. RRB Group D 2019 exam date will be published on the websites of participating RRCs in due course of time. Tentatively it will be conducted in the month of May/June 2019.
Q. What are the guidelines for uploading photograph in online application?
A. Photo to be uploaded must be a colour photograph and taken against white or any light colour background. Size of photo should be 35 mm x 45 mm and printed with name and date. Photo must be scanned in JPG / JPEG format having 100 DPI and size of scanned file should be between 20-50 kb.
Finally, I just want to say that if any RRC Group D 2019 aspirant out there still has any doubt or question then feel free to comment below. In addition to this, guys, you can also share this or any other job relating article with your friends available on Facebook by just clicking ‘Facebook’ button.
Thanks. I Wish You Best of Luck.