IBPS PO 2020 Recruitment [Apply Online, Exam Pattern, Date] : IBPS PO 2020 notification has been released on 5 Aug 2020, and apply online process will start from 05 Aug 2020 and the last date of registration is 26th Aug 2020. IBPS PO Preliminary online exam is scheduled to be conducted on 3, 10, 11th October 2020 and the Main exam will be conducted on 28th November 2020 for the selection of Probationary Officers/ Management Trainees in the participating banks.
- IBPS PO exam will be held in 2 tiers consisting of Prelim and Main exam followed by common Interview to be conducted by participating organizations and coordinated by the nodal bank.
- Eligible candidates wanted to join as PO/MT in the participating banks have to ‘Apply Online’ for the IBPS PO common recruitment process (CRP-PO/MT-X).
- Candidates must have a Graduation degree in any discipline as on 28 Aug 2020 and must possess age between 20-30 years as on 1 Aug 2020 to be eligible for IBPS PO vacancies.
IBPS conducts the PO exam to select probationary officers in all public sector banks except SBI and other Institutes like NABARD, SIDBI, LIC, and other insurance companies. Mode of written examination would be online and examination will be held at various locations throughout India.
Read further to know complete information about IBPS CWE PO/MT – 2020 including the release of official notification, Important Exam Dates, Application form and process, Admit card, results, cut off, etc.
- Important Dates
- Exam Pattern
- Application Form
- Apply Online
- Admit Card
- Cut Off
IBPS PO 2020 Notification
IBPS PO 2020 notification will be released by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection on 5th August 2020. IBPS PO 2020 will be a common recruitment process for the recruitment of Probationary Officers/Management Trainees in participating organizations (CRP PO/MT-X for vacancies of 2021-22). The entire selection process of IBPS PO 2020 includes the online examination (Preliminary and Main) followed by a Common Interview.
IBPS PO 2020 Important Dates
IBPS PO/MT 2020 important dates have been tabulated below
|IBPS PO 2020 Event||Dates (Tentative)|
|Notification Release||5 August 2020|
|Online registration start||5 August 2020|
|Last date of registration||26 Aug 2020|
|Edit / Modification of Application||5 - 26 Aug 2020|
|Payment of fees||5 - 26 Aug 2020|
|Download Pre Exam Training Call Letter||September 2020|
|Pre Exam Training||21-26 Sep 2020|
|Download PO Prelim Exam Call Letter||October 2020|
|Prelim Exam date||3,10,11 October 2020|
|Declaration of Prelim Exam Result||October/ November 2020|
|Main Admit card download||November 2020|
|IBPS PO Main exam||28 November 2020|
|Declaration of Main result||December 2020|
|Download of IBPS PO interview call letter||January 2021|
|IBPS PO interview||January/February 2021|
|Final Result Declaration & Provisional allotment||April 2021|
IBPS PO Vacancy 2020
It is expected that through IBPS PO 2020, the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection will recruit 1417 candidates for the following Participating Organizations.
|Participating Organization||Indicative vacancy for the year 2020-21|
|Union Bank of India||644|
|Bank of Maharashtra||350|
|Indian Overseas Bank||0|
|Punjab National Bank||Not Reported|
|Bank of India||899|
|Bank of Baroda||0|
|Punjab & Sind Bank||0|
|Oriental Bank of Commerce||300|
|United Bank of India||0|
|Central Bank of India||Not Reported|
|Syndicate Bank||Not Reported|
Note – Above mentioned number of vacancies are tentative and may change.
IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria 2020
Candidates who want to apply for IBPS PO/MT 2020 must check and ensure that they fulfill eligibility criteria notified in IBPS PO notification and the same is mentioned below.
An applicant should be an,
- Indian citizen or
- A subject of Bhutan or
- A subject of Nepal or
- A person of Indian origin who came to India from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Burma, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, etc. with the intention to settle permanently in India
- A Tibetan refugee who has migrated to India before 1st January 1962 with an intention to settle permanently in India.
Other candidates apart from Indian Citizens should hold a certificate of eligibility issued by GOI.
IBPS PO Age Limit (As on Aug 01, 2020)
As on Aug 01, 2020, all the candidates who want to apply for IBPS PO/MT 2020 must not be less than 20 years age and not more than 30 years age or they have been born between 02 Aug 1990 and 01 Aug 2000 (both dates inclusive).
Relaxation Of Upper Age Limit
Age relaxation will be given for certain categories as mentioned below.
|1||Scheduled caste/scheduled tribe||5 years|
|2||Other backward classes (non-creamy layer)||3 years|
|3||Persons with disabilities (PwD)||10 years|
|5||Persons ordinarily domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
|6||Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
- Candidates seeking age relaxation will be needed to submit prescribed certificate/documents in original as well as with photocopies at the time of the interview.
- For candidates of SC/ST/OBC, the relaxation in the upper age limit is allowed on a cumulative basis with one of the remaining categories mentioned in the table from 3 to 6.
- If Ex-Servicemen join the Government job in the civil side by availing the benefit of reemployment given to him as ex-servicemen, he ceases to get benefit from the reemployment.
Minimum Educational Qualification (As on 28 Aug 2020)
- Candidate must have passed a Graduation or have any equivalent qualification from the University/ Institution/ Board recognized by the Indian Government or Government Regulatory Bodies. The final result should have been declared on or before 28.08.2020.
- Passing Certificate/ document should have been issued on or before 28.08.2020 and it must be submitted at the time of the Interview. If the result is declared and posted on the website on or before the said date by issuing web result and then issued original passing certificate by signing and indicating the date of passing on the certificate, is reckoned for the purpose of verification.
- Candidates appearing in the final year of his/her exam may also apply.
- Candidate must indicate Graduation percentage by calculating to the nearest two decimals in the online application. CGPA/OGPA should be converted into percentage as per norms of the respective institute and should be indicated in the online application.
IBPS PO Application Form 2020
IBPS PO 2020 application form will be released on the IBPS website. Candidates can apply online for CRP of IBPS PO/ MT from 5th Aug 2020 to 26th Aug 2020 and no registration will be entertained after that. Online payment of application fee can be submitted between 5th – 26th Aug 2020.
How To Fill IBPS PO 2020 Online Application?
- Visit IBPS website @ www.ibps.in
- Find and click on ‘click here to apply for Common Recruitment Process for Probationary Officers / Management Trainees X (CRP PO / MT- X)’ link
- A new window will open up having a link to register, login panel and recruitment related important dates
- Find and click on ‘Click here for new registration’
- Read important points carefully then click on ‘Continue’ tab
- Enter required basic details, the following details, are required to enter
- First name
- Middle name
- Last name
- Mobile no.
- Email ID
- Security code
- After entering all the asked details, now click on ‘Save & Next’ tab
- Provisional registration number and password will be generated, the same will be sent on a given mobile number or email id.
- Save or note it down for further use
- Upload photograph and Signature
- Click on the ‘Next’ tab
- Enter the following details
- PWBD status (Yes or No) and other related details
- If you are a child/family member of those who died in 1984 riots, select option Yes otherwise No
- If you are a person domiciled in J&K during the period 01 Jan 1980 to 31 Dec 1989, select option Yes or else No
- Ex-servicemen status (Yes or No)
- Religious minority community status
- If appeared for IBPS PO / MT earlier, select ‘Yes’ or else ‘No’
- Write no. of attempts, if applicable
- Nationality / Citizenship
- State / UT / NCR to which center of exam belongs
- State code
- Prelim exam center
- Main exam center
- Date of birth
- Marital status
- Father’s / mother’s names
- Address for correspondence / permanent address
- Click on ‘Validate your details’ tab to check errors
- Make corrections, if required or else click on ‘Save & Next’ tab
- Enter the following details (qualification/experience/languages known)
- (Graduation or equivalent / PG / professional qualification/others, whatever applicable) Select exam passed, degree, subject/stream, date of passing, % of marks and class/grade
- Select option ‘Yes’ and provide details if you have operating & working knowledge in computer systems
- Enter work experience details like name of the employer, designation, total period of service, nature of duties, the reason for leaving and year of experience
- Enter languages are known (up to 3 languages can be written in IBPS PO / MT online application)
- Click on the tab ‘validate your details’ then on ‘Save & Next’
- Provide your preference of banks
- Once again, click on the tab ‘validate your details’ then on ‘Save & Next’
- Preview of your online registration will be displayed on the screen
- Read and accept declaration then click on ‘final submit’
- Upload scanned file of left thumb impression and handwritten declaration
- Enter security code then click on ‘Save & Next’ tab
- The payment page will open up
- Enter security text then click on the ‘Submit’ tab
- Select any of the payment modes then enter details of the selected option in order to make payment online
- After making payment online, print e-receipt along with final submit IBPS PO / MT application
Note : A candidate is advised to use the Save & Next option to verify entered details before the final submission of the application form. Once the application form is submitted, no changes will be entertained.
Prerequisites For Applying Online
Before Applying Online, Candidate should have Scan Copy of,
- Photograph (4.5cm x 3.5cm, 200 x 300 pixels, 20-50 kb, color passport-style)
- Signature (140 x 60 pixels, 10-20 kb size, Black Ink, Candidate signature in the capital letter will not be accepted)
- Left Thumb Impression (if not available can follow the given order – Right thumb/ starting from Left-hand forefinger/ starting from Right-hand forefinger/ Left toe) (3 cm * 3 cm Width x Height, 20 KB – 50 KB, Black/Blue Ink)
- Hand Written Declaration (in English only, 10 cm * 5 cm Width x Height, 50 KB – 100 KB, Black Ink)
- Have necessary documents or details to fill the online application form and to pay the fee online
- Have working personal email id and should be kept active till the examination process gets completed.
IBPS PO Hand Written Declaration
The written declaration should be as follows and should be written by own hand on plain white paper. It should be in English language only.
“I, _______ (Name of the candidate), hereby declare that all the information submitted by me in the application form is correct, true, and valid. I will present the supporting documents as and when required.”
Specifications For Scanning Documents
|Image of||Dimensions||Size of file||Format|
|Photo||200 x 230 pixels||20 kb - 50 kb||jpg / jpeg|
|Sign taken on white paper using black ink||140 x 60 pixels||10 kb - 20kb|
|Left thumb impression taken on a white paper using blue or black ink||240 x 240 pixels in 200 DPI OR 3 cm * 3 cm||20 KB - 50 KB|
|declaration in English on a white paper using black ink||800 x 400 pixels in 200 DPI OR 10 cm * 5 cm||50 KB - 100 KB|
Note – Handwritten declaration / Signature should not be in capital letters
IBPS PO 2020 Application Fee & Mode of Payment
IBPS PO/MT 2020 Application Fee/ Intimation charges are to be paid by all the candidates as per below.
- SC/ST/PWD candidates- Rs.100/-
- All others- Rs.600/
A payment gateway is integrated with application form and candidates can pay the fee using Internet Banking, Debit Cards (Visa/ Master/ Maestro/ Rupay), Credit card, IMPS, Mobile Wallets/ Cash Cards.
Upon successful payment e receipt will be generated, candidates are requested to take a print out of e receipt and online application form reflecting payment details.
Candidates whose vision is impaired and candidates whose writing speed are adversely affected permanently can use their own scribe during the online exam of Prelim and Main. Extra time of 20 minutes or otherwise advised for every hour will be given to the candidates using scribe.
Participating organizations/ Nodal banks may arrange pre-exam training for a limited number of selected candidates belonging to SC/ST/ Minority communities at certain centers. Candidates have to indicate the same in the online application, and the training will be free of cost but the candidate has to make arrangements for lodging, traveling, and boarding, etc.
Pre-Examination Training Centres
|Rajkot||Port Blair||Panaji (Goa)||Kanpur||Kochi||New Delhi||Vijaywada|
IBPS PO 2020 Exam Pattern
IBPS PO/MT 2020 examination will have a two-phase written examination which is followed by an interview. It will be conducted in three stages namely,
- Prelim Examination
- Main examination
IBPS PO Prelim Exam Pattern
- The IBPS PO/MT 2020 prelim exam consists of three sections – English language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning Ability.
- There are total 100 questions and each question carry 1 mark. The total marks will be 100.
- 0.25 marks will be deducted as negative marking for each wrong answer.
- There is a separate time limit of 20 minutes for each section.
- IBPS PO Prelim exam is only of qualifying in nature.
|S.No.||Subject||No. Of Questions||Max. Marks|
IBPS PO Main Exam Pattern
The IBPS PO/MT 2020 main exam has two parts namely
- Objective test
- Descriptive Test
1. Objective Test
- The objective test consists of four sections – English language, Data analysis and interpretation, General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness, Logical reasoning, and computer knowledge.
- A total of 200 questions will be given and different marks are allotted for different questions as tabulated below.
- 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
|1||Logical Reasoning and Computer Knowledge||45||60||60 min.|
|2||General / Economy / Banking Awareness||40||40||35 min.|
|3||English Language||35||40||40 min.|
|4||Data analysis and Interpretation||35||60||45 min.|
NOTE: Time allotted to each subject is fixed and cannot be utilized for other subjects/ sections.
2. Descriptive Test
- IBPS introduced a descriptive paper where the candidate’s English language written skills will be tested.
- A candidate should write Letter and essay in 30 minutes of time duration for 25 marks.
- A candidate should secure qualifying marks and the marks securing in the descriptive test will be considered for merit.
|Subject||No of Questions||Marks||Time duration|
|English language (letter and essay)||2||25||30 min.|
Note: Descriptive Paper will be evaluated for those candidates who have scored the qualifying marks/ cut off marks in the objective test.
IBPS PO Interview
- Candidates who qualify the mains exam will be selected for the interview. The participating organization will conduct an interview which will be coordinated by the nodal bank.
- The total marks allotted for the interview are 100. The minimum qualifying marks to qualify in an interview should not be less than 40%. However it is 35% for SC/ST/PwD/OBC candidates.
- Candidates based on merit in the Prelim exam and vacancies of each category will be shortlisted for Online Main examination.
- Descriptive papers of the candidate securing minimum sectional cut off in objective test will only be evaluated.
- Candidates qualifying in Main exam will be called for Personal Interview.
- Candidates have to secure section-wise minimum qualifying marks and overall cut off as prescribed by IBPS to qualify in Prelim and Main exam.
- The final result will be declared on the basis of the candidate’s overall performance in the mains examination and interview. Marks scored in the prelim examination will not be considered for final merit.
The weightage ratio of Main (Including Descriptive Test) and Final exam will be 80:20 respectively. The scores of the Main Examination and Interview will be normalized to 100 as follows.
|Exam/ Stage||Max. Marks||Normalized to|
|Main Exam (Phase II)||200||80|
|Interview (Phase III)||100||20|
Penalty For the Wrong Answer
There will be a penalty of 0.25 marks/ one-fourth marks allotted to that question if a candidate marks a wrong answer in both Prelim and Main objective tests. If left unanswered, there will be no deduction of marks.
IBPS PO Syllabus 2020
IBPS PO/MT 2020 syllabus has been tabulated below.
IBPS PO Prelim Syllabus
|English Language||Quantitative Ability||Reasoning Ability||Hindi||General Awareness||Computer Applications|
|Reading comprehension||Simplification||Alphanumeric series||Fill in the Blanks||Countries/Currencies||Fundamentals of Computer|
|Cloze test||Average||Ranking/direction test||Paragraphs||Indian and International Economy||MS Office|
|Para jumble||Percentage||Data sufficiency||Vyakaran||Current Affairs||History and Future of Computers|
|Paragraph completion||Ratio and proportion||Coded inequalities||Mistakes||Fiscal-Monetary Policies||Networking|
|Fill in the blanks||Data interpretation||Seating arrangement||Social Function of Banks||Software and Hardware Fundamentals|
|Error spotting||Mensuration – Cone, Sphere, Cylinder and geometry||Puzzle||RBI||Database|
|Vocabulary||Quadratic equations||Tabulation||Banking Terms|
|Simple and compound interest||Syllogism||Repo and Reverse Repo Rate|
|Problems on ages||Blood relations||Books and Authors|
|Number series||Input output||Finance|
|Speed, distance and time||Coding decoding||History of Banking|
|Time and work||Scheduling||Awards and Honors|
|Data sufficiency||Verbal reasoning||Agriculture|
|Mixture and allegations||Passage||Sports|
|Permutation & Combination||Making Series||Marketing|
|Surds & Indices||Analogy|
|Profit & Loss||Comprehension Reasoning|
IBPS PO Main Syllabus
|English Language||Quantitative Ability||Reasoning Ability||Computer Aptitude||Data Analysis & Interpretation||General / Economy / Banking Awareness|
|Reading comprehension||Simplification||Alphanumeric series||Memory||Data Interpretation (Bar Graph, Tabular, Line Chart, Caselet, Pie Chart,Radar/Web)||General Knowledge|
|Cloze test||Average||Ranking/direction test||Internet||Data Sufficiency||Static Awareness|
|Para jumble||Percentage||Data sufficiency||Computer Abbreviation||Number System ||National and International Current Affairs|
|Paragraph completion||Ratio and proportion||Coded inequalities||Operating System||Profit and Loss||Banking and Financial Awareness|
|Fill in the blanks||Data interpretation||Seating arrangement||Microsoft Office||Age,|
|Error spotting||Mensuration – Cone, Sphere, Cylinder and geometry||Puzzle||Keyboard Shortcuts||Inequalities (Quadratic Equations)|
|Vocabulary||Quadratic equations||Tabulation||Computer Technologies||Probability|
|Simple and compound interest||Syllogism||Computer Hardware||Speed, Time and Distance|
|Problems on ages||Blood relations||Computer Fundamentals||Number Series|
|Number series||Input output||Networking||Mixture and Alligations|
|Speed, distance and time||Coding decoding||Computer Software||Data Sufficiency|
|Time and work||Scheduling||Average|
|Data sufficiency||Verbal reasoning||Simplification|
|Mixture and allegations||Passage||Percentage|
|Permutation & Combination||Making Series||Ratio and Proportions|
|Surds & Indices||Analogy||Simple and Compound Interest|
|Profit & Loss||Comprehension Reasoning||Combination &|
- The exam will be conducted online across many centers in India
- No request for change for exam center will be entertained
- IBPS can cancel/ change the exam center and may allot the exam center other than opted one.
- Candidate has to attend an exam with their own expenditure and at their own risk. IBPS is not responsible for any harm/ injury or losses of any nature.
- Misbehavior/ unruly behavior in the exam hall lead to the candidature cancellation and disqualification of the exam and further exams conducted by IBPS.
State-wise Examination Centres – Preliminary and Main Examination (tentative list)
|State /UT / NCR||Preliminary Examination Centre||Main Examination Center|
|Andhra Pradesh||Vishakhapatnam, Vizianagaram, Vijaywada, Srikakulam, Ongole, Rajahmundry, Kakinada, Eluru, Guntur, Kurnool, Nellore, Chirala, Tirupati, Kadapa, Chittoor||Guntur, Kurnool, Vijaywada, Vishakhapatnam|
|Andaman & Nicobar||Port Blair||Port Blair|
|Assam||Silchar, Jorhat, Tezpur, Guwahati, Dibrugarh||Guwahati, Silchar|
|Bihar||Darbhanga, Gaya, Arrah, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Aurangabad, Bhagalpur, Purnea||Darbhanga, Muzzafarpur, Bhagalpur, Patna|
|Chhattisgarh||Bhilai Nagar, Bilaspur, Raipur||Raipur|
|Chandigarh||Chandigarh / Mohali||Chandigarh / Mohali|
|Daman & Diu||Jamnagar, Surat||Surat|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli|
|Delhi||Delhi/New Delhi, Greater Noida, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Gurugram||Delhi/New Delhi, Gurugram, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Greater Noida|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Mehsana, Anand, Gandhinagar, Jamnagar, Himatnagar, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara||Vadodra, Ahmedabad|
|Haryana||Gurugram, Kurukshetra, Panipat, Ambala, Faridabad, Hissar, Karnal, Yamuna Nagar||Hissar, Ambala|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Srinagar, Samba, Jammu||Srinagar, Jammu|
|Himachal Pradesh||Kullu, Mandi, Kangra, Shimla, Solan, Una, Bilaspur, Hamirpur||Shimla, Hamirpur|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro Steel City, Jamshedpur, Dhanbad, Hazaribagh, Ranchi||Ranchi, Jamshedpur, Dhanbad|
|Karnataka||Mandya, Bengaluru, Davangere, Dharwad, Gulbarga, Hassan, Mangalore, Mysore, Shimoga, Hubli, Belgaum, Bidar, Udupi||Mangalore, Bengaluru, Hubli|
|Kerala||Malappuram, Palakkad, Kochi, Kollam, Thiruvananthapuram, Alappuzha, Kannur, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Thrichur||Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi|
|Maharashtra||Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Dhule, Jalgaon, Kolhapur, Latur, Mumbai/ Thane/ Navi Mumbai, Pune, Amravati, Aurangabad, Chandrapur, Ratnagiri, Solapur||Mumbai/ Thane/ Navi Mumbai, Nagpur, Aurangabad, Pune|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Sagar, Satna, Ujjain, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur||Indore, Bhopal|
|Odisha||Balasore, Dhenkanal, Rourkela, Berhampur(Ganjam), Bhubaneshwar, Cuttack, Sambalpur||Bhubaneshwar|
|Punjab||Amritsar, Pathankot, Bhatinda, Fategarh Sahib, Jalandhar, Mohali, Patiala, Ludhiana, Sangrur||Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Mohali, Patiala|
|Rajasthan||Jodhpur, Alwar, Bikaner, Jaipur, Kota, Sikar, Ajmer, Udaipur||Udaipur, Jaipur|
|Sikkim||Gangtok / Bardang||Gangtok / Bardang|
|West Bengal||Asansol, Hooghly, Kalyani, Durgapur, Greater Kolkata, Siliguri||Asansol, Greater Kolkata, Kalyani, Siliguri|
|Uttarakhand||Dehradun, Haldwani, Roorkee||Dehradun|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Noida/ Greater Noida, Aligarh, Allahabad, Sitapur, Bareilly, Faizabad, Ghaziabad, Jhansi, Kanpur, Gonda, Gorakhpur, Mathura, Lucknow, Banda, Meerut, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, Varanasi||Allahabad, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut, Varanasi|
|Telangana||Warangal, Hyderabad, Khammam, Karimnagar||Hyderabad|
|Tamil Nadu||Tirunelvelli, Nagercoil, Vellore, Virudhunagar, Thanjavur, Chennai, Coimbatore, Thiruchirapalli, Erode, Madurai, Salem||Tirunelveli, Madurai, Chennai|
- Marks obtained in different sections by the candidate will be normalized using the equi-percentile method. Up to 2 decimals will be considered for the purpose of calculations.
IBPS PO 2020 Call Letter
IBPS CRP PO/MT 2020 admit cards for all the successfully applied candidates will be released and be made available on IBPS official website before Prelim/ Main examination or interview. The center, venue address, date, and time for both preliminary and main examinations, and interviews shall be intimated in the call letter.
IBPS PO Prelim admit card can be downloaded from October 2020 and the Main exam admit cards will be available to download from November 2020 and Interview call letters will be released in January 2021.
Eligible candidates should download their call letter from the IBPS website www.ibps.in by entering his/her registration number and password.
How To Download IBPS PO Admit Card 2020?
- Log on to the official website of IBPS or www.ibps.in
- Click on recruitment section and IBPS PO admit card
- Enter the registration number and password/date of birth and other required details
- Enter the captcha
- Click on the ‘submit’ button
- IBPS PO admit card will be displayed on the screen
- Check all the details and take print out
Documents For Attending Exam
To attend an online written exam, a candidate needs to carry certain documents as mentioned below.
- Call letter/ Admit card/ Hall Ticket
- Photo Identity Proof in Original (Should bear same name as mentioned in the application form)
- Bank passbook with photograph/ PAN card/ Passport/ Driving License/ Aadhaar card/ Voter card/ Photo ID proof issued by Gazetted Officer/ People’s representative along with photo/ ID issued by College/ University/ Employee ID
- A photocopy of the candidate’s photo identity card
- Ration card and Learning Driving License cannot be considered as valid ID proof
- If changed name, they must carry original affidavit/Gazette notification/ original marriage certificate, etc.
IBPS PO 2020 Result
IBPS PO 2020 result will be declared for the Prelim exam followed by the Main exam and Interview. Prelim exam result will be declared in October/ November 2020 and the Main exam result will be released in December 2020. IBPS PO Final result will be released in April 2021.
How To Check IBPS PO 2020 Result?
To check the result of IBPS PO/MT 2020 prelim exam, main exam and interview candidate should follow the following steps:
- Log on to official website www.ibps.in
- Click on the ‘result’ section
- Enter the registration number and password/date of birth
- Enter the captcha
- Click on the ‘submit’ button
- The result will be displayed on the screen
IBPS PO 2020 Cut Off
The cut-off is the minimum marks a candidate needs to score to qualify for prelim and mains examination which is further followed by an interview. IBPS PO Cut Off 2018 of prelim and Main exam is given below.
IBPS PO Prelim Cut Off 2018
|Category||Cut Off Marks|
IBPS PO Prelim Sectional Cut Off 2018
|Subjects||Quantitative Aptitude||Reasoning Ability||English Language||Total|
IBPS PO Main Cut Off 2018
|Community||Main Cut Off Marks|
IBPS Main Sectional Cut Off 2018
|Name of the Subject||Maximum Marks||Sectional Cut Off (For General)||Sectional Cut Off (For SC/ST/OBC/PwD)|
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||60||10.25||7.5|
|General Economy & Banking Awareness||40||8||5|
|Data Analysis and Interpretation||60||4.5||2.25|
|English Language (Descriptive)||25||10||8.75|
IBPS PO Prelim Cut Off 2019 (Expected)
Sectional Cut Off
Overall Cut Off
|Cut Off (Out Of 100)||56.75 - 58.75||54.5 - 55.5||49 - 50||41 - 42||-||-||-||-|
IBPS PO Mains Cut Off 2019 (Expected)
Sectional Cut Off
|Reasoning and computer aptitude||60||8-9||7-8|
|Data analysis and interpretation||60||5-6||3-4|
Overall Cut Off
|Cutoff(Out Of 225)||74-77||69-73||56-58||38-40|
Descriptive Cut Off
|Category|| Cut Off Marks|
(Out Of 25)
Documents Needed For Interview
Below we have provided a list of documents to be produced at the time of interview
- A hard copy of the interview call letter
- A hard copy of IBPS PO 2020 application form
- Class X certificate or birth certificate (Proof of date of Birth)
- Certificates or mark sheets for Graduation or equivalent qualification etc.
- Caste certificate, disability certificate (if applicable)
- Experience certificates (if any)
- Other certificates/documents to support eligibility conditions
Note – All the documents/certificates/mark sheets should be in original along with self-attested photocopies.
After the interview process, based on merit cum preference as per Govt. guidelines selected candidates are provisionally allotted to the participating organizations.
Biometric Data Capturing & verification
Candidates biometric data (Right thumb or otherwise) will be captured on the day of the online Main examination. Both before starting and after ending the online Main examination biometric data will be captured. Before the Interview process, biometric data will be captured and verified. After provisional allotment and at the time of joining it will be verified.
Candidates can register complaints or can clear queries by raising requests on the website @ cgrs.ibps.in. A valid email ID is necessary to register a complaint. Every complaint is assigned with a complaint number and the candidate can check the status of the complaint.
Other General Information
- Candidates have to attend Interviews at their own expenses, however for SC/ST/ PwBD eligible outstation.
- Candidates will be given 2nd class rail fare/bus fare or actual expenses incurred whichever is lower on the production of proof of travel.
- Appointment of candidates is subject to candidates being declared medically fit as per participating organizations requirements.
IBPS PO Salary
IBPS PO salary (for Junior Management scale 1) will be 23700–(980 x 7)–30560–(1145 x 2)–32850–(1310 x 7)-42020. In hand monthly salary of IBPS PO on joining will be around Rs. 38700 in which basic pay will be 23700, special allowances of 1836, DA will be 10163, CCA is 870 and HRA will be around 2200. Annual CTC will be around 5,57,000 for IBPS PO.
Upon joining as IBPS PO / Junior Management Scale 1 officer, the candidate will get a basic salary of Rs.23700 and an annual increment of Rs.980 for 7 years in basic pay and after that, there will be an increment in basic pay of Rs.1145 for 2 years and after that, there will be an increment in basic pay of Rs.1310 for 7 more years.
|IBPS PO Basic Salary & Annual Increment||Annual Increment||Total Basic Pay |
Rs.23700 (On Joining)
|Annual Increment for first 7 years||Rs. 980||Rs. 30560|
|Annual Increment for 2 more years||Rs. 1145||Rs.32850|
|Annual Increment for 7 more years||Rs. 1310||Rs.42020|
IBPS PO FAQs
Q. When Will IBPS PO Notification 2020 Gets Released?
A. IBPS PO notification has been released on 2nd August 2020.
Q. When Will IBPS PO Prelim Exam Conducted?
A. IBPS PO prelim exam will be conducted on 3, 10, 11th October 2020.
Q. When Will IBPS PO Main Exam Conducted?
A. IBPS PO Main exam will be conducted on 28th November 2020.
Q. What Is The Mode Of Submitting IBPS PO Application Form?
A. Eligible candidates must submit an online application through the website of IBPS. No other mode will be allowed.
Q. What Are Needed To Upload In IBPS PO 2020 Online Application?
A. You are required to upload your photo, signature, left thumb impression, and a handwritten declaration. But before uploading, you must read the specifications given in IBPS PO 2020 notification under ‘Annexure-III’.
Q. Can I Request For Change Of Details Provided In The IBPS PO 2020 Application Form?
A. IBPS will not entertain any request for change of details mentioned in the application form.
Q. What Is The Age Limit Of IBPS PO 2020?
A. As of 1st August 2020, a candidate should be between 20-30 years of age or should be born between 02 Aug 1990 to 01 Aug 2000.
Q. What Are The Examination Centres For IBPS PO 2020?
A. IBPS PO 2020 exam will be conducted online in several locations across many centers in India. A list of expected examination centers is given in IBPS PO 2020 notification in ‘Annexure II’ and the same has been tabled above.
Q. How To Make The Payment Of Requisite Fees / Intimation Charges?
A. Candidates can make the payment of requisite fees/intimation charges through the online mode only by using Internet Banking, IMPS, Credit Cards, Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/Master Card/ Maestro), Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
Q. Which Items Will Be Not Allowed Inside The Examination Centre?
A. The following items will be not allowed inside the examination center
- Any packed or opened eatable item
- Water bottle
- Camera, watch or wristwatch
- Hair-band, Belt, Cap, Handbags, Hair-pin, goggles, etc.
- Stationery items like bits of papers, textual material (written or printed), Calculator, Scale, Writing Pad, Geometry/Pencil Box, Plastic Pouch, etc.
- Any metallic item
- Any communication device such as Microphone, Pager, Health Band, Mobile Phone, Bluetooth, Earphones, etc.
Q. Will I Get Hard Copy Of The Call Letter / Information Handout By Post or Courier?
A. No. You have to download your call letter from the authorized IBPS website @www.ibps.in by entering your registration number and password/date of birth.
Q. How many banks/organizations are participating in IBPS PO / MT 2020?
A. 17 banks/organizations are participating in IBPS PO / MT 2020. Names of participating banks/organizations are as follows
|Bank of Maharashtra||Corporation Bank||UCO Bank||Union Bank of India|
|Indian Bank||Andhra Bank||Canara Bank||Syndicate Bank|
|Punjab National Bank||Indian Overseas Bank||Allahabad Bank||Bank of Baroda|
|Bank of India||Central Bank of India||Oriental Bank of Commerce||United Bank of India|
|Punjab & Sind Bank|