IBPS PO 2018 (IBPS MT 2018) :
Every year lakhs of banking aspirants wait for the announcement of IBPS PO notification, like other years, this year also the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection will release the official notification of the IBPS PO 2018 in the month of August 2018. Here you will know complete information about IBPS CWE PO/MT – 2018 including Official notification, Important Exam Dates, Application form and process, Admit card, results, cut off etc.
IBPS conducts the PO exam to select probationary officers in all public sector banks except SBI. It offers recruitment services to all public sector banks except SBI and other Institutes NABARD, SIDBI, LIC and other insurance companies. This year it is expected that total 5000 vacancies would be released. Mode of examination would be online and examination will be held at various locations throughout India.
- Important Dates
- Exam Pattern
- Application Form
- Apply Online
- Admit Card
- Cut Off
IBPS Po/MT 2018 important dates has been tabulated below
|Exam Name||IBPS PO/MT|
|Exam conducted by||IBPS|
|Notification Release Date||14th August 2018|
|Online registration||16th August 2018|
|Last date of registration||5th September 2018|
|Download Pre Exam Training Call Letter||18th September 2018|
|Download PO Prelim Exam Call Letter||29th September 2018|
|Exam date||13th, 14th, 20th, 21st October 2018|
|Declaration of Prelim Exam Result||4th November 2018|
|IBPS PO mains examination||18th November 2018|
|Declaration of mains result||December 2018|
|Download of IBPS PO interview call letter||January 2019|
|IBPS PO interview||January/February 2019|
|Final Result Declaration||April 2019|
All the candidates who want to apply for IBPS PO 2018 must not be less than 20 years age and not more than 30 years age.
Relaxation Of Upper Age Limit
Age relaxation will be given for certain categories as mentioned below.
|1||Scheduled caste/scheduled tribe||5 years|
|2||Other backward classes (non-creamy layer)||3 years|
|3||Persons with disabilities (PwD)||10 years|
|5||Persons ordinarily domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
|6||Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
Minimum Educational Qualification
- Candidate must have passed a graduation or have any equivalent degree of graduation (in any discipline) from the recognized university of the Indian government. Candidate should have scored min. 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/PWD) during his/her graduation.
- Candidates appearing in the final year of his/her exam may also apply.
IBPS PO 2018 Exam Pattern
IBPS PO/MT 2018 examination will have two-phase written examination which is followed by an interview. It will be conducted in three stages namely,
- Prelim Examination
- Main examination
Prelim Exam – The IBPS PO/MT 2018 prelim exam consists of three sections- English language, Quantitative Aptitude and Logical Reasoning. There are total 100 questions and each question carry 1 mark. 0.25 marks will be deducted as negative marking for each wrong answer. There is time limit of 1 hr. It is only of qualifying in nature. Final score will not consider the marks scored in the prelim examination.
|S.No.||Subject||No. Of Questions||Max. Marks|
Main Exam – The IBPS PO/MT 2018 main exam has two parts namely
- Objective test
- Descriptive Test
1. Objective Test:
It consist of four sections- English language, Data analysis and interpretation, General Awareness, Logical reasoning and computer knowledge. Total 200 questions will be given and different marks are allotted for different questions as tabulated below. 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
|1||Logical Reasoning and Computer Knowledge||45||60||60 min.|
|2||General Awareness||40||40||35 min.|
|3||English Language||35||40||40 min.|
|4||Data analysis and Interpretation||35||60||45 min.|
NOTE : Time allotted to each subject is fixed and cannot be utilized for other subjects/ sections.
2. Descriptive Test:
IBPS introduced descriptive paper where candidate’s English language written skills will be tested. A candidate should write Letter and essay in 30 minutes of time duration for 25 marks. A candidate should secure qualifying marks to pass the examination.
|Subject||No of Questions||Marks||Time duration|
|English language (letter and essay)||2||25||30 min.|
Note: Descriptive Paper will be evaluated for those candidates who have scored the qualifying marks/ cutoff marks in the objective test.
- Candidates who qualify the mains exam are selected for interview. The participating organization will conduct an interview which will be coordinated by the nodal bank.
- The total marks allotted for interview is 100. The minimum qualifying marks to qualify in an interview is not less than 40%. However it is 35% for SC/ST/PwD/OBC candidates.
The final result is declared on the basis of candidate’s overall performance in the mains examination and interview. The weight age ratio of Main and Final exam will be 80:20 respectively. The scores of Main examination and Interview will be normalized to 100 as follows.
|Exam/ Stage||Max. Marks||Normalized to|
|Main Exam (Phase II)||200||80|
|Interview (Phase III)||100||20|
IBPS Po 2018 Syllabus
IBPS PO/MT 2018 syllabus has been tabulated below
|English Language||Quantitative Ability||Reasoning||Computer Aptitude||Hindi Language||General Awareness|
|Reading comprehension||Simplification||Alphanumeric series||Internet||Vyakaran||Financial awareness|
|Cloze test||Average||Ranking/direction test||Memory||Fill in the blanks||Current affairs|
|Para jumble||Percentage||Data sufficiency||Keyboard shortcuts||Mistakes||Static GK|
|Paragraph completion||Ratio and proportion||Coded inequalities||Computer abbreviation||Paragraphs|
|Fill in the blanks||Data interpretation||Seating arrangement||Microsoft office|
|Error spotting||Mensuration and geometry||Puzzle||Operating system|
|Simple and compound interest||Syllogism||Computer fundamentals/terminologies|
|Problems on ages||Blood relations|
|Number series||Input output|
|Speed, distance and time||Coding decoding|
|Time and work||Scheduling|
|Data sufficiency||Verbal reasoning|
|Mixture and allegations|
IBPS Po/MT Application Form 2018
IBPS PO/ MT 2018 application form will be available on IBPS website after official notification has been released. Candidates can apply online from 16.08.2018 to 05.09.2018 and no registration will be entertained after that.
Before Applying Online, Candidate Should
- Have scan copy of their photograph and signature within the prescribed format and size. Photograph should have 4.5cm x 3.5cm size and signature should not be more than 20kbin size
- Candidate signature in capital letter will not be accepted
- Have necessary documents or details to fill online application form and to pay fee online
- Have working personal email id and should be kept active till the examination process gets completed
How To Fill Online Application
- Visit IBPS website @ www.ibps.in
- Find and click on CWE PO/MT which is on the left side of the page
- Click on common recruitment process for probationary officers/ management trainee’s link
- Click on click here to apply online for CWE-PO/MT to open online application form
- Click here for new registration
- Enter required details
- Provisional registration number and password will be generated, the same will be sent on given mobile number or email id.
- Save or note it down for further use
- Upload photograph and signature
- Pay the required application fee online by using preferred payment method
Note : A candidate is advised to use Save & Next option to verify entered details before final submission of application form. Once application form is submitted, no changes will be entertained.
IBPS PO/MT 2018 Application Fee/ Intimation charges are to be paid by all the candidates as per below.
- SC/ST/PWD candidates- Rs.100/-
- All others- Rs.600/
IBPS PO 2018 Call Letter
IBPS CWE O/MT 2018 admit cards for all the successfully applied candidates will be released and be made available on IBPS official website before prelims/ Mains examination or interview. The center, venue address, date and time for both preliminary and main examinations and interview shall be intimated in the call latter.
Eligible candidates should download their call letter from the ibps website www.ibps.in by entering his/her registration number and password.
How To Download IBPS PO Admit Card 2018
- Log on to official website of IBPS or www.ibps.in
- Click on recruitment section and IBPS PO admit card
- Enter the registration number and password/date of birth and other required deatils
- Enter the captcha
- Click on the ‘submit’ button
- IBPS PO admit card will be displayed on the screen
- Check all the details and take print out
In the examination hall as well as at the time of interview a candidate needs to carry certain documents as mentioned below.
- Call letter/ Admit card/ hall Ticket
- A photocopy of the candidate’s photo identity card such as PAN card/ Passport/ Driving License/ Aadhar card etc.
- All the necessary educational/ Age/ Caste related documents/ certificates
IBPS PO 2018 Result
To check the result of IBPS PO/MT 2018 prelim exam, main exam and interview candidate should follow the following steps:
- Log on to official website www.ibps.in
- Click on the ‘result’ section
- Enter the registration number and password/date of birth
- Enter the captcha
- Click on the ‘submit’ button
- Result will be displayed on the screen
IBPS PO 2018 Cut Off
Cut-off is the minimum marks a candidate need to score to qualify for prelim and mains examination which is further followed by an interview.
IBPS PO Prelim Cutoff (Expected):
|Cut Off (Out Of 100)||42.75||42.25||36||28.50||28.75||23.25||15.75||17.75|
IBPS PO Mains Cutoff (Expected):
|Reasoning and computer aptitude||60||8-9||6-7|
|Data analysis and interpretation||60||7-8||4-5|
|Cutoff(Out Of 200)||65-75||63-73||52-55||41-45|
|Category|| Cut Off Marks|
(Out Of 30)