LIC AAO 2018 Recruitment Notification : Exam Date & Apply Online
In the year 2018, the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) is expected to recruit eligible candidates for the vacant post of Assistant Administrative Officer (AAO) at their various branch offices. However LIC AAO 2018 notification is yet to be released by the LIC officials. As per sources, here I’m going to write everything about this examination including important dates, eligibility criteria, application fee & process, admit card, result, cut-off etc.
The Life Insurance Corporation of India familiar as LIC is one of the most prestigious insurance companies in India. The best part about LIC is that they operates under the government of India and its main objective is to serve Indian citizens by offering best insurance schemes across all niches.
- Important Dates
- Eligibility Criteria
- Application Fee
- Application Form
- Apply Online
- Exam Pattern
- Admit Card
LIC AAO 2018 Notification
LIC AAO 2018 official notification will be released soon by LIC on its official website, and the same will be published in major newspapers. Every year LIC recruits 700+ AAO’s through recruitment examination by releasing notification, generally in the month of February. This year also LIC is going to recruit 700+ vacancies by releasing LIC AAO notification in the month of February 2018.
LIC AAO 2018 Important Dates
|Exam conducted by||The Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC)|
|Exam name||LIC AAO 2018|
|Essential Qualification||candidates must have passed in Bachelor/Master’s course from any recognized Indian College/University/ Institution|
|Examination mode||Online (CBT or computer based test)|
|Online application (start and end)||February 2018|
|Admit cards available from||Yet to be released|
|Exam date and time duration||Yet to be released|
|Exam Type||Recruitment examination for assistant administrative officer post in LIC|
|Exam centres||all over India (major towns or cities)|
|Apply online on||LIC website (https://www.licindia.in)|
LIC AAO 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Age limit and Relaxation
The candidates want to apply for LIC AAO 2018 should be not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years. However, relaxation in upper age limit for candidates of special categories shall be given, it is tabulated below.
|S.No.||Category Name||Age relaxation in years|
|1||Confirmed LIC employees||Further Relaxation of 5-yrs|
|2||ECO/SSCO (OBC)||8 years|
|3||ECO/SSCO (SC/ST)||10 years|
|4||ECO/SSCO (GEN)||5 years|
Note – Abbreviations used in the table are- PwD- Persons with Disabilities, ST- Scheduled Tribe, SC- Scheduled Caste, OBC- Other Backward Community, ECO- Emergency Commissioned Officers, SSCO- Short Service Commissioned Officers
Minimum Educational Qualifications
As per the recruitment notification, LIC AAO 2018 interested candidates must have passed in Bachelor/Master’s course from any recognized Indian College/University/Institution. To know exact minimum educational qualification criteria for LIC AAO 2018 examination candidates have to go through official notification released by LIC.
LIC AAO 2018 Application Fee and Mode Of Payment
Candidates going to apply for LIC AAO 2018 examination need to pay application Fee-cum-Intimation Charges of Rs. 600/- along with applicable bank charges. However, SC/ST/PwD candidates need to pay only intimation Charges of Rs. 100/- along with applicable bank charges.
All the candidates need to pay application Fees/intimation charges (if applicable) through the on-line mode only by using any national debit/credit card or net banking.
Note – Application fees/ intimation charges are non-refundable under any circumstances
LIC AAO 2018 Application Form and Process
All the interested candidates are required to know that they can apply online only for LIC AAO 2018 examination and application made/submitted in other modes will not be accepted by the authorities.
How To Apply For LIC AAO 2018?
- Eligible candidates have to go to the LIC’s website
- Find and click ‘Careers’ link/section
- Find and click ‘Recruitment of Assistant Administrative Officer 2018’ link
- On clicking above-mentioned link you will be redirected to the online registration page
- Since you are new therefore you need to register yourself on LIC’s website by clicking “Click here for New Registration” link
- Enter your name, valid & working email address and contact number in their respective fields
- Now, you will see an auto-generated provisional registration number as well as password on your computer screen
- Note it down carefully
- You will also receive SMS & email indicating the provisional registration number and password at your given mobile number and email ID
- Now login into your account and fill other details of the Application Form
- Upload Photo & Signature in the prescribed format
- Before clicking ‘FINAL SUBMIT’ button click ‘Preview’ button and check all the filled details in the preview of your application
- Make changes if needed
- After verifying all the details including signature & photo, now click ‘FINAL SUBMIT’ button
- Make online payment
- Take a print out of payment receipt and application
List of documents needed
- valid email address and working mobile number
- scanned copies of photo & signature as per the specifications
- a national debit/credit card to pay fee online
- 10th/12th/graduation/post-graduation mark sheets & certificates to fill personal and academic details
LIC AAO 2018 Exam Pattern
LIC AAO 2018 will be conducted in online mode only i.e. CBT (computer based test). Question paper will contains MCQs (multiple choice questions) with 2 hours duration. Question paper will be divided into following sections
|S.No.||Section Name||Number of MCQs||Maximum Marks|
|1||English Language Test with Special emphasis on Grammar, Vocabulary and Comprehension||40||Qualifying|
|3||General Knowledge, Current Affairs||30||60|
To be qualified in LIC AAO 2018 examination, a candidate has to pass in each section separately. For each wrong answer, a candidate has to lose ¼ marks.
LIC AAO 2018 Subject-wise Syllabus
- English Language – Synonyms & antonyms, double blanks in a sentence, commonly misspelled words, para jumbles, sentence correction/paragraph completion, phrase substitution, cloze test, reading comprehension etc.
- Computer Knowledge – Common questions on MS office, security tools, virus, hacker, internet, LAN, WAN, MAN, computer abbreviations, modern day technology, networking, h/w & s/w & their functionalities, basic computer fundamentals, generations of computer etc.
- General Knowledge – National & international current affairs, science- discoveries & inventions, financial institutions/international organizations, important days, general science, common abbreviations, sports, books name & their authors, countries name & their capitals, Indian history & economy, awards & honors, Indian budget & 5-years plans etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude – Data interpretation, profit & loss, S.I. & C.I., work, time & distance, problems on ages, allegation & mixture, average, mensuration, ratio & proportions, simplification, decimal & fractions, number system, number theory etc.
- Reasoning Ability – Coded inequalities, blood relation, seating arrangement, syllogism, clocks & calendars, streams & boast, coding, decoding, number series etc.
LIC AAO 2018 Call Letter
All the candidates applied for LIC AAO 2018 examination need to download their Call letters/admit card online from LIC’s website. Each candidate will receive an intimation to download call letter through email or SMS. To download your call letter/admit card, you need to follow below-mentioned steps
- Open LIC’s website in your browser @ www.licindia.in
- Find and click “Careers” section/heading/link
- Find and click “CALL LETTER FOR ONLINE EXAMINATION – RECRUITMENT OF ASSISTANT ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER 2018” link
- Click “CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE CALL LETTER” link/button
- Enter your “Registration Number” and “Password/Date of Birth”
- Click “Submit” button
- Save, download or print your admit card/call letter
All the candidates must note down that they need to bring a printed copy of their admit card along with a Photo Identity Proof to the examination centre.
LIC AAO 2018 Proposed Examination Centres
The Life Insurance Corporation of India is supposed to conduct LIC AAO 2018 examination in the following cities across India- Siliguri, Kolkata, Vijayawada, Tirupati, Kalyani, Madurai, Howrah, Roorkee, Haridwar, Haldwani, Pune, Guwahati, Dehradun, Varanasi, Unnao, Sultanpur, Sitapur, Noida, Itanagar, Erode North, Udaipur, Muzaffarnagar, Sambalpur, Meerut, Lucknow, Kanpur, Ghaziabad, Jhansi, Faizabad, Imphal, Indore, Jammu, Delhi, Hyderabad, Greater Noida, Kota, Ujjain, Rourkela, Peddapalli, Jharsuguda, Bhubaneswar, Visakhapatnam, Allahabad, Agra, Aligarh, Nizamabad, Chirala, Karimnagar, Thiruchirapalli, Namakkal, Khurda, Huzurabad, Tiruvannamalai, Chittorgarh, Bhilwara, Sangrur, Pathankot, Amritsar, Bhatinda, Puducherry Etc.
LIC AAO 2018 Result
The Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) will declare result after few weeks from the date of the examination on its official website. LIC will post result declaration notice on its website “Careers” section. Therefore, candidates are advised to check “Careers” section after few weeks from the examination.
LIC AAO 2018 Cut-off
After written examination, LIC declares cut-off marks along with a list of qualified candidates. Cut-off marks are the minimum marks a candidate required to qualify in LIC AAO 2018 examination.